THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  🏈​​​​​​​  WEEK 8 ▪︎ Browns 20 vs ● Seahawks 24 ▪︎ CLE Game 7 Thread  🏈 Oct. 29. "L"

Dutch Oven

7 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I'm not as upset as I could be. They looked like it would be a blowout and so I took a nap and when I woke up they were right back in it and the defense was dominating. I never had them winning this game but towards the end I had hoped they could pull it out. Pj walker, though,  is not the answer to anything except "name a terrible quarterback"

Pretty much where I am. I had to work today and when I had a break I checked my computer (I watch with the sketchy free legal streams) it was 0-14 Seachickens, so I was like, "well that's over" and when I finally got home and all cleaned up I logged on just in time to watch their game winning drive, so I didn't have to live and die with the live gameday flow that everyone else was obviously exposed to..... and by the anger on this thread, it looks like I missed a doozy. 

53 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Kirk Cousins tore his Achilles in the Vikings game vs the Packers. 

Fuuuuuuuck that sucks. Always liked that dude. 

12 minutes ago, D Bone said:

and by the anger on this thread, it looks like I missed a doozy. 

Honestly, it was very good. Lots of fun plays, but after we got quickly down, we kind of dominated, and THAT'S why people are displeased. PJ Walker missed some really easy TDs that resulted in extremely short FG's, and after our second failure to get 7, it felt like the smallest 3 point lead in history, which is why I said, "Feels like one of those games we'll need to comeback on." 

On one hand, I loved that our guys came back. It would have been easy to fold, but we didn't. On the other hand, I can't watch PJ Walker again, I just can't. To be fair, he hung in there for a backup and got us the lead, but he's pretty atrocious and absolutely has ZERO big play ability. We got bailed out by the refs multiple times, and we still couldn't win.

Walker's inability to score in the red zone and throw the simplest of passes just hamstrings us to the point of failure. I'm not exaggerating, either. There was a Moore crossing route that was so open, the announcer had to show us the replay, just to make sure we all saw it. The drive before that, Walker threw a 30 yard fade pass to Harrison Bryant who was solidly covered, yet he had Njoku directly in front of him for a 5-10 yard gain, if not a TD. Cuz you know, when I think of explosive plays that are difficult to cover, I think about a streaking Harrison Bryant in the end zone off of play-action. 

Probably the single biggest killer, and the play that the young man won't likely ever forget as long as he lives, our rookie backup CB dropped a pick 6 that would have about functionally ended the game. 

• Upvote 2

I say the following having no clue about the gameday flow, the current momentum, the offensive set, the last 5 throws of PJ or anything else, so put your pitchforks down and take a Lorazepam. 

I don't have a problem with Stef throwing it there (based on all of the above) and if he completes it, the game is probably over. Of course one of the worst things that could've happened did, but our league leading defense should have been able to at least force a long FG attempt (again, I have no idea of what the momentum was like).

I'm guessing if Sef would've ran the ball into an 11 man front for a 3" gain and the defense still choked it away (pitchforks down - the #1 D in the NFL should've played like it with the game on the line) then people would be criticizing him for being too conservative and not having a killer mentality.

Just my .02 about a game I did not watch. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I say the following having no clue about the gameday flow, the current momentum, the offensive set, the last 5 throws of PJ or anything else, so put your pitchforks down and take a Lorazepam. 

I don't have a problem with Stef throwing it there (based on all of the above) and if he completes it, the game is probably over. Of course one of the worst things that could've happened did, but our league leading defense should have been able to at least force a long FG attempt (again, I have no idea of what the momentum was like).

I'm guessing if Sef would've ran the ball into an 11 man front for a 3" gain and the defense still choked it away (pitchforks down - the #1 D in the NFL should've played like it with the game on the line) then people would be criticizing him for being too conservative and not having a killer mentality.

Id agree with that with a competent quarterback. Walker isn't that but I understand the idea. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I did myself a disservice by listening to the OBR post game show on YouTube, and it doesn't feel good, but Jake Burns echoed basically word for word what I said, and what many of us said. I thought Stefanski did well for the majority of the game, and on multiple 3rd and shorts, placed a ton of trust in Walker who ultimately had 3 turnovers, all of which on 3rd down (I think). 

Remember, we had yet another 3rd and 3 or 4 on the drive before last, where Walker somehow BOUNCED a 6 yard pass to Ford. Completely uncatchable, not close, and it's what he does on 3rd down. He locks onto one guy BEFORE the snap, and that's that. Why do you think he threw that ball into that guy's helmet? Because he was going to throw it no matter what. I don't know why coach trusts this guy, he lost the one previous game but they dropped the pick in the end zone. One game winning drive he was 0-5 through the air. 

We gotta have better. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

It was a bad call by Kevin in the context of the game, where the run game was dominant including on that drive. We quite likely win the game with a run there.

But the real enemy is the FO, where PJ Walker is the best QB Kevin has available.

31/32 QBs make the wide open check down for a first down easily on that play.

They said before the game IR is still a possibility for Watson depending on how he feels this week. What the F

They better have a QB on a plane to Cleveland tomorrow, whether it’s Jacoby or Foles or the homeless guy outside barley house.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bbedward said:

But the real enemy is the FO, where PJ Walker is the best QB Kevin has available.

This is exactly part of my point. The other part is, what has Walker done to earn this trust? Go look at his 3rd downs, and not just 3rd and longs. That one he missed Moore on by forcing a ridiculous throw to Cooper? And that was twice in a row Walker did that, the previous one saved by a hands to the face, or a questionable illegal contact. The defense is playing well enough to win, but they are not "historic". We need a game manager at qb, but it's too late to find that guy at this point. If Jake Moody hits that 49's FG...it's another game we lost. We need more points. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah, I did myself a disservice by listening to the OBR post game show on YouTube, and it doesn't feel good, but Jake Burns echoed basically word for word what I said, and what many of us said. I thought Stefanski did well for the majority of the game, and on multiple 3rd and shorts, placed a ton of trust in Walker who ultimately had 3 turnovers, all of which on 3rd down (I think). 

Remember, we had yet another 3rd and 3 or 4 on the drive before last, where Walker somehow BOUNCED a 6 yard pass to Ford. Completely uncatchable, not close, and it's what he does on 3rd down. He locks onto one guy BEFORE the snap, and that's that. Why do you think he threw that ball into that guy's helmet? Because he was going to throw it no matter what. I don't know why coach trusts this guy, he lost the one previous game but they dropped the pick in the end zone. One game winning drive he was 0-5 through the air. 

We gotta have better. 

What we need is for you to post about a dozen more times on the same topic.

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

What we need is for you to post about a dozen more times on the same topic.

Why are you like this? I'm not hurting anyone. I don't say anything negative about anyone, and you just can't help it. You don't need to contribute if you're going to be ugly, Cysko and Bedward were responding to Bone, and I tacked on. Just don't read if it bothers you, dude. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

Why are you like this? I'm not hurting anyone. I don't say anything negative about anyone, and you just can't help it. You don't need to contribute if you're going to be ugly, Cysko and Bedward were responding to Bone, and I tacked on. Just don't read if it bothers you, dude. 

You are wasting valuable time with stuff like this.

We need you posting the same post over and over about how bad PJ Walker is. 

That's the good stuff, buddy! 

50 minutes ago, bbedward said:

It was a bad call by Kevin in the context of the game, where the run game was dominant including on that drive. We quite likely win the game with a run there.

They said before the game IR is still a possibility for Watson depending on how he feels this week. What the F

They better have a QB on a plane to Cleveland tomorrow, whether it’s Jacoby or Foles or the homeless guy outside barley house.

Anyone who got stuck watching the Jets vs Giants might disagree with you on this

19 minutes ago, Richiswhere said:

Anyone who got stuck watching the Jets vs Giants might disagree with you on this

What a painful ass game to watch (24 punts).  I sat through it with my wife (Giants Fan).  

We were calling DeVito…Danny DeVito.  Poor kid (local product) grew up not too far from the Meadowlands. Daboll was anti Stef, no trust whatsoever in throwing the ball.  The kid had a few opportunities but not a lot.  It was definately hanging on for a 10-7 game run the ball and get a chip shot to make it a 6 point game…Gano had other plans.

not sure about Zack Wilson.

I will say both of those guys don’t have the luxury of the offensive line that we have.

10 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

This is exactly part of my point. The other part is, what has Walker done to earn this trust? Go look at his 3rd downs, and not just 3rd and longs. That one he missed Moore on by forcing a ridiculous throw to Cooper? And that was twice in a row Walker did that, the previous one saved by a hands to the face, or a questionable illegal contact. The defense is playing well enough to win, but they are not "historic". We need a game manager at qb, but it's too late to find that guy at this point. If Jake Moody hits that 49's FG...it's another game we lost. We need more points. 

May be an image of ‎1 person, playing football and ‎text that says '‎It really isn't complicated Reebok دEDA RUN ME BALL KEVIN! NFL Football 3: 2:27‎'‎‎

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• mjp28 unpinned this topic

I feel.for Walker. Say what you want but the guy loves this team. Shit happens.  a handful could.have just as easily been a fumble. Better to gamble than live as a coward.

Marty and Bermie were cowards.

Stefanski is a coward. He was afraod of Smith and gave.him a complimentary.blow job and begged him, " If I play nice and don't try.to hurt you will please.just play for a field.goal.

To everyone, don't life your life in fear. You will never achieve anything without risk.

Stefanski and Depodesta are cowards

33 minutes ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

I feel.for Walker. Say what you want but the guy loves this team. Shit happens.  a handful could.have just as easily been a fumble. Better to gamble than live as a coward.

Marty and Bermie were cowards.

Stefanski is a coward. He was afraod of Smith and gave.him a complimentary.blow job and begged him, " If I play nice and don't try.to hurt you will please.just play for a field.goal.

To everyone, don't life your life in fear. You will never achieve anything without risk.

Stefanski and Depodesta are cowards

Unfortunately loving the game and/or team doesn’t make up for lacking nfl skills.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, bbedward said:

Totally agree.   

21 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yeah, I know. Walker makes one decent throw for every two he throws in the dirt. EDIT: Forgot to add, his play brings back memories of that Bengal Bust Akilli Smith, he was very good at that. The interception that Njoku tried to save is another example. Field vision is zero. I can't really fault Walker, he is who he is, an XFL practice squad talent. 

Now on the final helmet bounce interception... Seriously, you tell your XFL quarterback to make a play to win the game?  Ride the horses that got your there... Hunt and Strong. Even if they had gotten stuffed for no gain, at least we went with what was working. (and our best players- which Walker is far from being) Kev thought about running on that play, and in typical I'll out think myself, they expect a run- so I'll throw a pass. :( 

Stefanski had amnesia that he trusted Hunt to run for a yard with the game on the line against the Colts, should have done the same yesterday.

• Upvote 2

Listened to it on XM radio at Lake Guntersville State Park, northeast Alabama. Chris Rose is very good btw.

Anyhow, what an absolute bummer. Like other posters mentioned, the Browns history in Seattle is crap. 

Nice rally to take the lead, poof its gone just like this year's Pittsburgh game.

Next week is a must win.

21 hours ago, Cbus Brownie said:

Bad call by SHITSpanski. Didn’t like most of the 3rd and short pass calls.

I actually wanted to run the ball there also.  And then think about 4th down if necessary.  But I find it very difficult to fault a HC for playing to win the game.  He almost stole another win with a practice squad QB.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1