THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  🏈​​​​​​​  WEEK 8 ▪︎ Browns 20 vs ● Seahawks 24 ▪︎ CLE Game 7 Thread  🏈 Oct. 29. "L"

Dutch Oven

Just now, syd said:

well i  am sure they have been on the phone before the game,wonder who we will bring in

Bring somebody in cuz I'm sick of watching this never has been clod!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

They still had to go around 60 yards to score a touchdown. 

Which they did in fairly easy fashion. You'd think THAT would be what people are pissed off about now, but no, the complete unlucky bounce off a defender's helmet is the ultimate sin.

Unlucky? He threw it right at his head! 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'll give the Browns credit, in a game that looked like a rout they showed a ton of heart and dug deep.   ( expand if necessary )

YES,   but they still lost,  unfortunitly,  (4-3)  with nearly everybody else ..... except Baltimorre.

Screenshot_2023-10-29_191959.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

They still had to go around 60 yards to score a touchdown. 

Which they did in fairly easy fashion. You'd think THAT would be what people are pissed off about now, but no, the complete unlucky bounce off a defender's helmet is the ultimate sin.

True.  And I didn’t like the cushion we were giving on the last drive. 

The Defense came out flat and put us in hole.  Can’t forget that but we can’t have three turnovers and expect to win this game. 

I thought advantage in the trenches for us I would have rather seen a 3rd and 3 run - worst case you make them drive 90 yards 

• Upvote 1

It's really hard being a Browns fan. When they win everything is good, when they lose the sky is falling. We went on the road into one of the toughest places to play and wer in the game and had a chance to win. Walker gave a valient effort today. I think the game was lost when they decided to go up by three instead of trying to get a 1st and eventually scoring a TD. I get why they went for the three but Cleveland has a history of being aggressive.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Unlucky? He threw it right at his head! 

He was throwing a slant and Adams ran up to our OLineman and jumped up right in the path of the ball. 

In a game of some bad throws, I'd call that one more of an unlucky one. 

2 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I thought advantage in the trenches for us I would have rather seen a 3rd and 3 run - worst case you make them drive 90 yards 

I get it. At worst, you punt and put them 20 yards farther from the goal line. 

4 minutes ago, Neo said:

It's really hard being a Browns fan. When they win everything is good, when they lose the sky is falling. We went on the road into one of the toughest places to play and wer in the game and had a chance to win. Walker gave a valient effort today. I think the game was lost when they decided to go up by three instead of trying to get a 1st and eventually scoring a TD. I get why they went for the three but Cleveland has a history of being aggressive.

Players gave it all.  Kev fucked the locker room with shitty calls.  That last play completely changed momentum.  We punt to the 10...they are defeated...we give up some qwerky TD and they are so much more confident.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I get it. At worst, you punt and put them 20 yards farther from the goal

This. And this doesn't even take into account the absolutely atrocious deep ball he threw that could've ended the game. We set up the double move perfectly and PJ threw an uncatchable pass that spun the receiver around. I know he's a backup for a reason, but happy Christ it's tough to watch. Missing Moore over the middle in the red zone and missing Njoku over the middle the trip before killed us. When see see the all 22 angle of those plays...it's rough. 

37 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

A terrible coaching decisions lost this game. All they had to do was the run and trust the defense. It makes you ducking sick man. 

Defense couldn't hold them on the last drive, gave up a TD in ...45 seconds?  I'm shocked it took that long. We had been spinning down a safety over their #2 for a few drives and got away with it.   Probably because, to the shock of a lot of Buckeyes here (including myself) Smith Njiba hasn't been a real cog in the SEA offense like Olave, Wilson, Michael Thomas, Curtis Samuel, Scary Terry and the other OSU receivers are.  So when Schwartz gave them the opening, Hawks finally took it.  

Worth pointing out, defense dug a two score hole early and the offense, Yes that includes Stef - dug us out when things were heading towards a blowout on the road.    This gave time for the defense to catch their wind and the defensive staff to make their adjustments per drive.       I just presume that also counts for nothing though? 

Look, I'm cool talking football with this board when I have the time.  But that time is less and less these days, and my patience, looking for objectivity and football I.Q. , is even more finite.   You can't give credit to the coaching staff for 99% of the game, putting us in a position to possibly win, then hang them for the other 1% when they don't.   Especially when the defining play literally comes down to what we all know football as - a game of inches.    Half the length of that ball to the right of the Dlines hand and it's likely a completion for a 1st down which ices the game. 

But as I'll go back to it, in the mind of the fans, the mythical "other play that ALWAYS WORKS AND WE'LL WIN RUNNING IT" is the correct one.  

edit: To be clear.  Is that pass the call I would have made if I have the chart sheet? No.    That having been said.  That doesn't mean I don't understand the one that did happen either.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Defense couldn't hold them on the last drive, gave up a TD in ...45 seconds?  I'm shocked it took that long. We had been spinning down a safety over their #2 for a few drives and got away with it.   Probably because, to the shock of a lot of Buckeyes here (including myself) Smith Njiba hasn't been a real cog in the SEA offense like Olave, Wilson, Michael Thomas, Curtis Samuel, Scary Terry and the other OSU receivers are.  So when Schwartz gave them the opening, Hawks finally took it.  

Worth pointing out, defense dug a two score hole early and the offense, Yes that includes Stef - dug us out when things were heading towards a blowout on the road.    This gave time for the defense to catch their wind and the defensive staff to make their adjustments per drive.       I just presume that also counts for nothing though? 

Look, I'm cool talking football with this board when I have the time.  But that time is less and less these days, and my patience, looking for objectivity and football I.Q. , is even more finite.   You can't give credit to the coaching staff for 99% of the game, putting us in a position to possibly win, then hang them for the other 1% when they don't.   Especially when the defining play literally comes down to what we all know football as - a game of inches.    Half the length of that ball to the right of the Dlines hand and it's likely a completion for a 1st down which ices the game. 

But as I'll go back to it, in the mind of the fans, the mythical "other play that ALWAYS WORKS AND WE'LL WIN RUNNING IT" is the correct one.  

Dude, stop with the fucking holier than thou bullshit. I played high level high school football and was recruited to play at the collegiate level. I understand the game perfectly fine. Surely someone with your immense knowledge understands the very basic principle of pinning a team deep when your defense have dominated the entire half versus giving them a huge momentum turnover and a much shorter field. Or do you wanna show a bunch of pictures of what he should have done despite being an XFL QB who didn’t cut making the Bears roster this year.

I’m a dad and do a damn good job 99% of the time. But if I leave the cabinet full of chemicals open to take a dump and my kid chugs Clorox, I’m still a bad father. At the end of the day I set up someone who I knew could make a terrible decision despite them knowing better or making the smart decision. 

That was a stupid fucking decision by Stefanski. come on man. He’s a very good coach who made a very bad decision.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

We're playing with a guy who was 3rd string QB because the brain trust screwed up thinking a 5th round rookie could actually be the backup. Lucky to have taken 2 of 3 we should have lost. Seattle is a tough place to beat the home team. We gave a fine effort.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Dude, stop with the fucking holier than thou bullshit. I played high level high school football and was recruited to play at the collegiate level. I understand the game perfectly fine. Surely someone with your immense knowledge understands the very basic principle of pinning a team deep when your defense have dominated the entire half versus giving them a huge momentum turnover and a much shorter field. Or do you wanna show a bunch of pictures of what he should have done despite being an XFL QB who didn’t cut making the Bears roster this year.

I’m a dad and do a damn good job 99% of the time. But if I leave the cabinet full of chemicals open to take a dump and my kid chugs Clorox, I’m still a bad father. At the end of the day I set up someone who I knew could make a terrible decision despite them knowing better or making the smart decision. 

That was a stupid fucking decision by Stefanski. come on man. He’s a very good coach who made a very bad decision.

Thank you... Never listen to a dude whose screen name is taken from a Sumerian Demonic female dragon deity known as "Tiamat" who thinks his own shit don't stink..

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

That was disappointing. Terrible call terrible throw terrible timing. Just proving this team could be something special with only competent QB play. 

you know I really didnt drink much during the game but now im gonna get fucked up and watch a halloween movie

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, syd said:

you know I really didnt drink much during the game but now im gonna get fucked up and watch a halloween movie

I'm not as upset as I could be. They looked like it would be a blowout and so I took a nap and when I woke up they were right back in it and the defense was dominating. I never had them winning this game but towards the end I had hoped they could pull it out. Pj walker, though,  is not the answer to anything except "name a terrible quarterback"

• Upvote 2