Trent Richardson Trade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. How do you as a Browns Fan feel about the Trich Trade

• Browns come out on Top!!!!
    • Colts come out on Top!!!!
    • Browns get Ripped Off!!!!!
    • Colts get Ripped Off!!!!
    • All Parties involved are Winners!!!!
    • I Dont Care!!! Im no longer a Browns Fan!!!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lombardi is not our primary drafter... Joe Banner is, along with guys like Ray Farmer, John Sandusky, and Ken Kovash. Also, veteran coaches such as Norv Turner and Ray Horton. Our player personnel department is filled with quality guys, including a mix of "football guys" and "analytics" guys. I would imagine Banner pulled the trigger on this trade b/c he is smart enough to realize TRich is not worth a 1st round pick, and we may have gotten a steal.

Don't forget, while us fans have to go through this "rebuilding" sh** again and again, this is theses guys' first season. They are trully trying to re-build, and I believe they are trying to do it correctly, and quickly.

This is sadly enlightening, especially the last play shown:

http://www.draftbrowns.com/2013/06/browns-film-room-trent-richardson/

After looking at this, I'm starting to think maybe our Run Blocking isn't so bad - look at the size of some of those holes opened (the last one you could drive a truck through).

Great stuff Hey Trent- ya know how the play was designed- that's pretty damning evidence your dancing got you into trouble.

Lombardi is not our primary drafter... Joe Banner is, along with guys like Ray Farmer, John Sandusky, and Ken Kovash. Also, veteran coaches such as Norv Turner and Ray Horton. Our player personnel department is filled with quality guys, including a mix of "football guys" and "analytics" guys. I would imagine Banner pulled the trigger on this trade b/c he is smart enough to realize TRich is not worth a 1st round pick, and we may have gotten a steal.

Don't forget, while us fans have to go through this "rebuilding" sh** again and again, this is theses guys' first season. They are trully trying to re-build, and I believe they are trying to do it correctly, and quickly.

If it pays off in the long run (and I guess we have to wait and see given that this is a whole new regime from the owner on down) then I'm OK with this trade. Yeah it's gonna be tough to watch, but in the end Trent Richardson is one fuckin' guy! Last time I checked football is a team sport. Furthermore, they aren't the Trent Richardson Browns.... they're the Cleveland Browns! When it comes down to it in the end I root for the name on the front of the jersey (BROWNS) and not the name on the back. I felt that way even when they cut Bernie Kosar, and even despite it being a bad move.

I'm just trying to figure out the reason behind it.

I still hate the move and it think Hoyer is garbage.

What I said before has to be the reason behind it, there's no other explanation.

The cynical side of me says they feel like they have nothing to lose. Weeden is toast, they know what they have with Campbell, so they want to see if they get a Kurt Warner or Tom Brady out of Hoyer. Not likely, but if they do, they have possibly their franchise QB, and if they don't, and the season tanks, they have a better shot at drafting their franchise QB.

I agree, this is a brilliant move. Would I trade a horrible season this year for sustained winning seasons starting two years from now? Absolutely, and that's what the FO is going for here. The most important thing for a successful football team is QB, OL, Pass Rush. They've nailed down pass rush with Mingo, Kreuger, and the rest of the front 7. They have all the OL components except for RG. Now they need QB. With 10 picks in a very talented upcoming draft class, they will be able to address QB, RG, WR, and CB all with third-round or earlier picks.

Most importantly, they are trying to keep the core talent pool of the team under 30. That means that by the time picks from last year and the 2014 draft start producing, we'll still have production from the components of the team that are productive today.

Let me tell you, if I could find a Joe Banner Browns Jersey, I'd buy it.

you are a dick. what brought you here in the first place, the chance to discuss Teddy Twatwater? the next 'big thing'? yeah, ok. hope you're still here when the team that drafts him waives him and he's down the block from you washing cars.

maybe you can drive your bentley down there and give him a nice tip.

douchebag.

I fail to see how its going to make us better for the future, everything now hangs on draft picks.

If the Browns would have gotten a few young players in the deal along with the trade, then I could see it. Hell, if they take the draft pick they just got from the Colts and trade it for a proven QB that they like, I'd feel better.

They had a full offseason to make the team better and mold them to what they wanted. They drafted a CB that can't get on the field even with Buster Skrine and Adams ahead of him and a Safety they wavied, a back up QB they signed and won't even let play, etc..

All I see now is giving up a starting running back for a late first round pick, that they will probably package together with the other 1st rounder this year to move up from three to one and pick a QB that might work out. Then he won't have anybody to throw to or a line to block for either, so whats the point?

I understand they pulled a high draft pick out of a guy they couldn't use at the moment and I'd love to see the brighter side of this, but I just don't have faith in their drafting...

^+100!

who has any faith in this FO with what they have done so far?

i hope banner and lombardi have finally started taking drugs cuz what they've done in their collective years in these positions has been shit and the only good draft pick last year was mingo.

and for those that preach WR, who has time to get open when yoiur new 'franchise' QB is sitting on his ass? just ask tim couch who had all the tools to be a great QB (didn't he play for the same school bridgewater plays for.....hmmmm?) but got so busted up because of no protection that they dedicated the 20 yard line to him because that is where his shoulder is permanently buried (right next to jimmy hoffa).

you build a team from the middle out and the middle back just like in baseball, it's not rocket science. it's about the lines. who up front dominates the other team. look at the contenders this year and the winners of the past. i'll guarantee you they all had awesome lines on both sides of the ball. yeah it's great to have a flashy read option QB until the sunday when terrell suggs comes in from the end and wraps their legs behind their back like a pretzel. ask joe theisman.

thomas is no spring chicken and mack has played what 5 years already? you have to take advantage of the stars on your team (thomas, mack and haden) and compliment those around them. lauvao is a walking shoe boot every year. fuck him. if we don't fix the right side of the line, i don't care if you've got joe montana and jerry rice on the team, you're still going to lose.

you are a dick. what brought you here in the first place, the chance to discuss Teddy Twatwater? the next 'big thing'? yeah, ok. hope you're still here when the team that drafts him waives him and he's down the block from you washing cars.

douchebag.

What's your problem? This is a public forum and I've got every right to post here as you. What, you think you have some fucking right to be an asshole because of your fucking 5,000 posts? You can't handle someone having a different point of view than you? The only person that's a dick here is you, You disagree with me, that's fine. Have some fucking class and argue the points, don't toss out insults because your too fucking stupid to argue an idea.

yes it does

If TR goes to Indy and has a real good season, we will know that he was mismanaged and will say a lot about the management team in place. And the same will hold if he flops, we will know then that the management team has a clue. Sorry for being so skeptical but as a Browns fan it comes honestly.

i don't know about that. last i saw they were having probs with their OL protecting luck and now their starting TE is out for the year. so they not only brought him in to run and catch (their RBs in the last 5 years catching and running one of the worse #'s in the league) but to pass protect.

when i first heard the news about TR going to the colts i thought he might be an automatic pro bowler....until i looked at what they have at OL.

still think he'll do better there than here just because irsay knows how to put together a contender better than any fool that has sat in the same chair here in cleveland in the past 13 years.

Dude, that offensive coordinator got fired, and is now the Oakland Raiders O-Line coach. That makes your projection highly unlikely.

But, yes, the Jets are the Jets. The Fins and the Jets always end up in stupid nail-biters, regardless of talent.

damn. i missed a whole year?

guess it's an after effect from drinking too much on sunday (ahem) and watching the browns play division 3 football.

I've been waiting since '64..... pay your dues take out your tampon and man up .......let me know what you want for your tickets crybaby

dude you are playing with the wrong person.

i'd love to break you down, but you've probably already been deleted from the board.

thank friggin god. what a dick.

What's your problem? This is a public forum and I've got every right to post here as you. What, you think you have some fucking right to be an asshole because of your fucking 5,000 posts? You can't handle someone having a different point of view than you? The only person that's a dick here is you, You disagree with me, that's fine. Have some fucking class and argue the points, don't toss out insults because your too fucking stupid to argue an idea.

maybe it's just me. but anyone coming on here and actually salivating over next year after just 2 weeks played this year pisses me off. and in my book makes them a fair weather fan.

what about this year? answer me that batman? we just bend over and take in the ass again in the 'hopes' that our FO might actually do something right?

i hope they pick an OL a CB and WR with their first three picks just to see if you show up here again around draft time. then let's see who is bitching then.

douchebag.

^+100!

who has any faith in this FO with what they have done so far?

i hope banner and lombardi have finally started taking drugs cuz what they've done in their collective years in these positions has been shit and the only good draft pick last year was mingo.

and for those that preach WR, who has time to get open when yoiur new 'franchise' QB is sitting on his ass? just ask tim couch who had all the tools to be a great QB (didn't he play for the same school bridgewater plays for.....hmmmm?) but got so busted up because of no protection that they dedicated the 20 yard line to him because that is where his shoulder is permanently buried (right next to jimmy hoffa).

you build a team from the middle out and the middle back just like in baseball, it's not rocket science. it's about the lines. who up front dominates the other team. look at the contenders this year and the winners of the past. i'll guarantee you they all had awesome lines on both sides of the ball. yeah it's great to have a flashy read option QB until the sunday when terrell suggs comes in from the end and wraps their legs behind their back like a pretzel. ask joe theisman.

thomas is no spring chicken and mack has played what 5 years already? you have to take advantage of the stars on your team (thomas, mack and haden) and compliment those around them. lauvao is a walking shoe boot every year. fuck him. if we don't fix the right side of the line, i don't care if you've got joe montana and jerry rice on the team, you're still going to lose.

You nailed it. We have to fix up the O line. We won't be able to pass or run with the way they've been playing lately.

I feel bad for Thomas and soon Mack. Their talents have gone to waste here. I don't have much faith in Lombanner's drafts, but this latest move has earned my respect. They actaully got some brass and decided to make a change.

I agree with you but what is Lombardi's function then? Is he a mere figurehead? On most if not all NFL teams the GM

is responsible for player acquisition with input from coaches etc. Why are they hiding this guy? Again look at his

track record on drafts.

Let me know if you want 50% face value for 2 tickets to 2 games.......It's called entertainment

You're going to need a lot of money to buy all these tickets. Richardson was exciting. It's not about just here and now... it's about the length we should have had him to judge his career in, around 7 years at least. That means he would have had ANOTHER 5 SEASONS after this one... We had the RB locked down, with no need to TRY and improve it for seven fucking years... This is getting really, really old, really fast.

maybe it's just me. but anyone coming on here and actually salivating over next year after just 2 weeks played this year pisses me off. and in my book makes them a fair weather fan.

what about this year? answer me that batman? we just bend over and take in the ass again in the 'hopes' that our FO might actually do something right?

i hope they pick an OL a CB and WR with their first three picks just to see if you show up here again around draft time. then let's see who is bitching then.

They'll get 2 of those three with their second and third picks, but you'd have to be crazy to think they won't address QB with the first pick.

I like Weeden. I have been on his side through this whole process and there is plenty enough evidence of that. But the FO clearly feels differently. If they were willing to trade a former Heisman finalist and #3 overall draft pick a year after he was drafted, then I think that shows nobody is safe.

Fair weather fan? Is that a joke? Aside from the fluke 2007 season Cleveland hasn't had 'fair weather' since 2007, and have had a total of three winning seasons since 1990. So, yeah, unless you consider the acid rain of tears spewing from clouds tainted by the factory of sadness to be fair weather, I'm not a fair weather fan. I grew up in Cleveland and despite living in New England, have stuck with the Browns even though I could've easily switched allegiance to the much more recently successful team in my area, the Patriots.

This year was fucked whether or not we had T. Rich. We weren't going to win more than 8 games, and that's being optimistic. That's what I was hoping for. So now maybe if we're lucky we win six. Are you content with that, or do you want the Browns in the play-offs in two years? Because to do that, we need to stock up on talent, and that's what 10 draft picks, including 2 first rounders, a second round, and two third rounders is going to do for us. The draft class is rich, and Banner has set us up to exploit it.

Guess what, if they pick OL, CB, and WR, I'll show up hear saying they did what I said they should do, right after picking a QB. Read my original post, QB, WR, RG, CB/WR/RB, that's what I said for their first three rounds of picks. So why would I bitch then? Tell me that, Robin.

Saw this on NFL.com and thought it should be shared. Regardless of what's being said about Richardson, someone who states this is a class act.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000247171/article/trent-richardson-to-cleveland-browns-fans-have-faith

Trent Richardson to Cleveland Browns fans: Have faith

Trent Richardson was more shocked than anyone about his trade to the Indianapolis Colts. On his first day in a Colts uniform, the running back wanted to send a message to the Cleveland Browns fans who were similarly stunned.

Keep rooting for the Browns," he told them Thursday. "Don't give up on them. ... It's going to happen. It's going to be big, too. They got a program that's going in the right direction. But like I said, I'm here starting a new chapter in my life."

It's a cool, classy sentiment. But Richardson understands he's joined a better team, even if the trade makes some sense for the Browns. He noted the positivity in the Colts' locker room and the attitude around the organization. He suddenly has a true franchise quarterback to play with. In Cleveland, the Browns are still searching.

"We are going to be here for a while," Richardson said about him and Andrew Luck. "We are not planning on going nowhere. We are planning to win a lot of games."

And later: "People can't just stack nine in the box no more. If you stack nine in the box, Andrew's got an arm for you."

Richardson said he wants to be a guy who "puts the team on his shoulders," but he won't have to in Indianapolis. Luck, Reggie Wayne, T.Y. Hilton, Ahmad Bradshaw and Coby Fleener will help Richardson make the Colts' offense dangerous every week. And Richardson has extra motivation after getting traded away so early in his career.

"I'm going to have a chip on my shoulder. And I'm going to play football how I know how to play football," Richardson said.

Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Richardson will touch the ball plenty in his first game as a Colts player Sunday in San Francisco against the 49ers. Richardson said that news was "music to my ears."

Once the initial shock wore off, Richardson seemed to recognize the full potential of life as a Colt.

To be honest I think this is a good move for the Browns. I know it's a defenitly a shocker to lose what was considered a top player. IMO Trent Richardson is a tad above average at best. I think he was very over-hyped to begin with. Now it's just up to your FO to use those two 1st round picks to their full potential

Struck me as odd that he's there like 30 seconds and he and Luck are already a "we" that he is speaking for...

Oh well... I think folks in Indy are more into "line dancing", so he's their man...

I think a lot of the shock and awe from this stems from Trent being taken so high in the draft. So automatically that deems him a stellar player in people's eyes. But as pointed out he is an average to just a little above average running back. He will never be a top 10 back in this league. Even if he is with the colts. The media will continue to make this a huge issue so that the Browns and Colts fans make it a huge issue.

Archived