THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

Shep

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winston will be able to enter the draft after next season.

I say we take a middle round guy, give Hoyer a shot and then go for Winston.

I know everyone keeps saying the 2014 draft is deep at QB, but I just don't get it. Bridgewater and Winston are the only two that look like NFL starters to me. Since Bridgewater is likely gone before the Browns draft, your plan for Winston sounds good to me!

Winston will be able to enter the draft after next season.

Middle round guy, like, say AJ McCarron?

And your Blake Bortles guy(I'll admit I didn't know who he was before you mentioned him) impressed the shit out of me. Not just the end of the game, he just seems to have great instincts.

EDIT: As deep as many say this draft is QB-wise, I don't see many day 1 starters. As much as I like Bridgewater, he still has a lot to improve upon and could benefit from sitting a year or two.

Johnny Cash.

I do not understand the love for the guy.

WSS

I do understand. I feel that way about The Grateful Dead. I suppose you can chalk to up to either you do or either you don't.

Middle round guy, like, say AJ McCarron?

And your Blake Bortles guy(I'll admit I didn't know who he was before you mentioned him) impressed the shit out of me. Not just the end of the game, he just seems to have great instincts.

EDIT: As deep as many say this draft is QB-wise, I don't see many day 1 starters. As much as I like Bridgewater, he still has a lot to improve upon and could benefit from sitting a year or two.

I like McCarron and I wouldn't mind that in the least, but I feel like we already have McCarron's potential in Hoyer. He's efficient, quick thinking, and mobile enough, but not overly athletically gifted.

He's a guy that you let sit for a couple years and ease him into play, and let him earn his job. He's not a day 1 starter by any means, which makes him a good fit if we decide to stick with Hoyer.

Bortles played near the best I've seen him play.

What I like about him is that he is everything Weeden isn't. He's poised, stands tall in the pocket and delivers well-placed passes on time. He's a clutch player who turns broken plays into big gains and TD's. That's something we really haven't had...ever.

He's a QB that, if he were behind center today, I wouldn't have been as worried being down two scores in the 4th quarter. (That came off a little POGish)

He's now proved himself against two Top 25 teams and won both times.

He wasn't highly touted coming out of high school. He wasn't a three or four start recruit. He only had a couple offers. He plays with a chip on his shoulder, and that's a great attribute to have.

Before Hoyer, I would have said there's no way a smaller, efficient QB could succeed in Turner's offense. Now, however, I could see either McCarron or Bortles behind center for us next year.

The two guys at the top, Heisman candidates along with Famous Jameis, put some space between themselves and everybody else (talking about Bridgewater and Mariota and we WILL trade the farm to get one, or at least try like hell).

The guy who really laid an egg was Hundley, a guy I had some suspicions about (already talk about his intellect). I still like Boyd quite a bit as the third top 10 guy but he played a terrific defense and didn't beat it. FSU got to play a much lesser defense.

Bridgewater or Mariota. This team needs to go get one. They're both very special. Mariota might benefit from 6 or 7 starts by Hoyer. Bridgewater is a day one guy.

You're out of your mind- again. Harrington-Quinn- Leinart. Now go take a seat in the back of the class. We really need to give up 4 picks to take Mike Vick II.

Based on your previous success with QB scouting, it's safe to assume at least one of your top two will be out of the league in two years.

lol Man I hope we don't sell the farm for the next Jamarcus, Couch, Smith, Carr, ect.., ect..., ect...

I don't trade up for any of them. Lot's of hype for a lot of question marks.

There are a lot of decent QBs heading to the NFL, but no studs IMO. I'd rather stick with Hoyer and build around him.

JMO

Im all for giving Hoyer a shot, but a 28 yo with only a handful of NFL starts coming back from total knee reconstruction is facing some serious challenges.

Im all for giving Hoyer a shot, but a 28 yo with only a handful of NFL starts coming back from total knee reconstruction is facing some serious challenges.

Yes, caution is advised, with Hoyer coming off the injury. Shep is advocating reckless abandon- bad move IMHO.

Bunch of very good prospects coming out- no world beaters

Yes, caution is advised, with Hoyer coming off the injury. Shep is advocating reckless abandon- bad move IMHO.

Bunch of very good prospects coming out- no world beaters

+100000000000000

Bad news for CLE's QB draft prospects. Sam Bradford suffered a likely season-ending knee injury, STL insiders confide.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000266685/article/tim-tebow-to-st-louis-rams-discussed-but-unlikely

This may finally snap STL's patience with the mediocre, injury-prone Heisman winner. Their backup QB is 30-year old Kellen Clemmons, who hasn't played a full season game since 2011. STL may very well draft a QB in the 1st now, likely ahead of CLE.

Bad news for CLE's QB draft prospects. Sam Bradford suffered a likely season-ending knee injury, STL insiders confide.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000266685/article/tim-tebow-to-st-louis-rams-discussed-but-unlikely

This may finally snap STL's patience with the mediocre, injury-prone Heisman winner. Their backup QB is 30-year old Kellen Clemmons, who hasn't played a full season game since 2011. STL may very well draft a QB in the 1st now, likely ahead of CLE.

It's our 3-13 vs their ?

dude there is no guarantee st. louis is going to draft a QB. we have fans calling for us to have hoyer as our starter next year and HE has proven less than bradford.

if they do draft a QB it will be a mid round pick to sit behind their already franchise QB.

if manning or rodgers went out with a torn ACL do you see their franchises drafting a QB number one the next year?

exactly.

dude there is no guarantee st. louis is going to draft a QB. we have fans calling for us to have hoyer as our starter next year and HE has proven less than bradford.

if they do draft a QB it will be a mid round pick to sit behind their already franchise QB.

if manning or rodgers went out with a torn ACL do you see their franchises drafting a QB number one the next year?

exactly.

Bradford now has 2 season-ending injuries and he's done very little to justify bringing him back after consistently underperforming in 49 career games.

isn't that what indy did after peyton's neck/back surgeries? isray is rex ryan's foot bitch

yo that chronic must be some good shit. first off his name is irsay, then second peyton manning was coming off 4 FOUR neck surgeries. not a couple of separated shoulders.

yo that chronic must be some good shit. first off his name is irsay, then second peyton manning was coming off 4 FOUR neck surgeries. not a couple of separated shoulders.

if peyton was coming off a total hip replacement and told me he could still play competitively I would sign him in a ny second (minute)

Luck has done much better in his first 1.5 seasons with the Colts than Peyton. At the rate he's going, he could equal or surpass Peyton's stats. Most importantly, Irsay saved about 80 million by swapping for the rookie.

yea, he could but let's wait and judge until seeing how many rings they win. the talent level in indy when peyton started can't be compared to the playmakers luck inherited

Archived