THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Browns QB Prospect Discussion!

Shep

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't trade up for any of them. Lot's of hype for a lot of question marks.

There are a lot of decent QBs heading to the NFL, but no studs IMO. I'd rather stick with Hoyer and build around him.

JMO

I'm also on the Hoyer bandwagon with drafting McCarron, who I think has the fewest question marks.

Question...Would you give up one of our 1st rounders next year (& possibly a current DL or Campbell) for Kirk Cousins? I would, then I would still go after a McCarron or other QB in round 2 to 4. QB is a position we MUST firm up for the future. Anticipating his healthy return, I like Hoyer, but we need capable backup & future. For this year, I am adverse to trading for some castoff, but would love to have Cousins as he would be immediate help, IF the 'skins would let him go & we have solid depth on the DL, so who knows?

Mike

dude there is no guarantee st. louis is going to draft a QB. we have fans calling for us to have hoyer as our starter next year and HE has proven less than bradford.

if they do draft a QB it will be a mid round pick to sit behind their already franchise QB.

if manning or rodgers went out with a torn ACL do you see their franchises drafting a QB number one the next year?

exactly.

I'd be willing to bet they will be drafting a QB high and I'm by no means a betting man. Bradford is in a contract year and the Rams were already skeptical of Bradford. This was his make or break year and he broke. They might be able to get him to a more affordable deal due to the injury however Fisher inherited Bradford and I'm sure he's seen enough to want to bring in his own guy. Throw in the fact that they have the ammo to move up with Washington's picks and it's highly likely they go after a QB high in the draft. When they made the RG3 deal they were looking to restock the cupboard but in the back of their mind they were also looking at the possibility of using it to get a replacement for Bradford. He's yet to prove that he's capable of being elite on a consistent basis despite the lack of weapons around him.

Bradford might be the type of guy we target in the offseason in lieu of drafting a QB high, assuming they look to the draft for a new QB. Best case him and Hoyer compete and one of them proves their worth or neither steps up and we're looking at Winston. I hate the idea of waiting yet another year for a potential franchise QB and/or picking between two "retreads" coming off serious knee injuries but if we use most of our picks this year completely decking out our roster (WR, OL, RB, CB, maybe another athletic TE if there is one) and trading a few for picks for the following year for the necessary ammo if necessary, we could really be one to something.

LOL stick to football talk, dude. You're not good with music.

johnny-cash-bird.jpg

Yep.

Reminds me of the old joke.

What did the Grateful Dead fan say when he ran out of marijuana?

"Wow....This band sucks!!!"

WSS

Deads top priority wasn't the music.....it was the marketing of their brand. They were inducted into Cheech and Chong's Dopers Hall of Fame in 1997.

Johnny Cash was the youngest ever inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame at the age of 48. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1992. He had forgotten more about music than NIN could ever comprehend when he did one of their covers. Johnny lived through the tough times he sang about. He understood the human condition and it's translation into music.

19 pages of QB speculation and you still want more? wtf can you possibly prophesize that already hasn't been said over and over again. fuck abunch of barber shop redirect. last time I checked you hadn't been promoted to mod status, junior. maybe you should go hang with your fellow cocksters and figure out why SC got their asses handed to them by UT Saturday.

19 pages of QB speculation and you still want more? wtf can you possibly prophesize that already hasn't been said over and over again. fuck abunch of barber shop redirect. last time I checked you hadn't been promoted to mod status, junior. maybe you should go hang with your fellow cocksters and figure out why SC got their asses handed to them by UT Saturday.

I'm not a Gamecock fan, dickbreath.

It doesn't matter how many pages there are, the thread is for QB discussion.

It's not "I'm an old fuck who knows shit about football so I'll spam the thread with my shitty music opinions".

It doesn't take a mod to realize you're useless.

I'm not a mod because I'd ban dumb fucks who contribute absolutely nothing in a heartbeat.

Colts won more games with Manning than any other team. You can't win the Super Bowl without making the playoffs. Once you get into the tourney, anything can happen. But he put them in position and went to the Big Game twice.

The Browns will NOT be bargain shopping at quarterback. They won't sign Bradford or Foles or Mallett. They'll be drafting one in the top five, something they haven't done in 15 years. They've tried a lot of retreads, they've tried fallers (Quinn), they've tried the third round (twice), and they've gone unconventional (28-year-old rookie from a spread). In that time, most of the league has drafted their long-term, high-end quarterback.

The Browns are likely to win 5 or 6 games max and draft in the top 10 with a 25th overall to move up, not to mention and extra third. They'll be insanely aggressive.

3utmmc.jpg

Colts won more games with Manning than any other team. You can't win the Super Bowl without making the playoffs. Once you get into the tourney, anything can happen. But he put them in position and went to the Big Game twice.

The Browns will NOT be bargain shopping at quarterback. They won't sign Bradford or Foles or Mallett. They'll be drafting one in the top five, something they haven't done in 15 years. They've tried a lot of retreads, they've tried fallers (Quinn), they've tried the third round (twice), and they've gone unconventional (28-year-old rookie from a spread). In that time, most of the league has drafted their long-term, high-end quarterback.

The Browns are likely to win 5 or 6 games max and draft in the top 10 with a 25th overall to move up, not to mention and extra third. They'll be insanely aggressive.

I know you like to think we have to draft in the top 5, but I say otherwise. Of the current top 10 teams in the NFL only one drafted their starting qb in the top 5.

Most of the league drafted their starting qb- if you mean high, I beg to differ. If you mean more than 50% I guess you're right. KC traded for Smith, Denver picked up Manning as a FA, the Saints traded for Brees, Seahawks, Bengals, and 49ers got their qb in the second round, Bears traded for Cutler, Cowboys got Romo as a UFA- should I keep going? The Browns have been extremely unlucky (or incompetent) to not have found a decent quarterback after 19 tries.

There's no way you're going to get Tampa or the Jags to trade out of the #1-2 slots short of giving up the ranch, Bridgewater and Mariotta aren't Luck or RG III.

Plus the Rams may decide to part ways with Bradford, have Washington's first rounder, they have as much ammunition as the Browns to move up.

I know you like to think we have to draft in the top 5, but I say otherwise. Of the current top 10 teams in the NFL only one drafted their starting qb in the top 5.

Most of the league drafted their starting qb- if you mean high, I beg to differ. If you mean more than 50% I guess you're right. KC traded for Smith, Denver picked up Manning as a FA, the Saints traded for Brees, Seahawks, Bengals, and 49ers got their qb in the second round, Bears traded for Cutler, Cowboys got Romo as a UFA- should I keep going? The Browns have been extremely unlucky (or incompetent) to not have found a decent quarterback after 19 tries.

There's no way you're going to get Tampa or the Jags to trade out of the #1-2 slots short of giving up the ranch, Bridgewater and Mariotta aren't Luck or RG III.

Plus the Rams may decide to part ways with Bradford, have Washington's first rounder, they have as much ammunition as the Browns to move up.

Yeah, I was saying this even before Bradford got hurt again. If Freeman freefalls, then they'll be in the market for a QB, too.

Yeah, I was saying this even before Bradford got hurt again. If Freeman freefalls, then they'll be in the market for a QB, too.

I'm with you there- this may be a talented qb class but it's shaping up like there's going to be a run on quarterbacks in the top 8 or so picks. Someone's going to badly overpay for one- and I hope it isn't us.

I'm with you there- this may be a talented qb class but it's shaping up like there's going to be a run on quarterbacks in the top 8 or so picks. Someone's going to badly overpay for one- and I hope it isn't us.

well i'm afraid if the ruomors are true about gordon being trade bait that we will definitely be a team to overpay. if we had 3 draft picks in the first and were looking and bridgewater, boyd or mariota.....2 of those would be spent right there plus either a player of a 3-4th this year.

Nice scouting opportunity tonite with UCLA (Hundley) at Oregon (Mariota).

It'll be my first look at Marcus. Liked what I heard/ saw in his Gameday interview this AM.

The only elite QB in college football isn't even eligible for the NFL Draft.

Take Bortles this year in round 3. See what Hoyer can do. See what Bortles can do. Take Famous Jameis either next year or the year after. He can technically apply for the draft after next season.

The guy has over 200 passing yards and 3 TD's today...in the first quarter.

The only elite QB in college football isn't even eligible for the NFL Draft.

Take Bortles this year in round 3. See what Hoyer can do. See what Bortles can do. Take Famous Jameis either next year or the year after. He can technically apply for the draft after next season.

The guy has over 200 passing yards and 3 TD's today...in the first quarter.

So you wanna tank the next two years or until Winston comes out? No thanks. Ill take Mariota or Bridgewater.

Nice scouting opportunity tonite with UCLA (Hundley) at Oregon (Mariota).

It'll be my first look at Marcus. Liked what I heard/ saw in his Gameday interview this AM.

I like the UCLA QB, could be the next Jason Campbell.

And I love their offensive line ... A bunch of fat maulers with attitude. #51 entertains me thoroughly.

Z

So you wanna tank the next two years or until Winston comes out? No thanks. Ill take Mariota or Bridgewater.

Nobody said that.

I said see what we have with Hoyer and take a mid round prospect like Bortles. You know, the guy who beat Bridgewater and played better to boot.

Or we can just trade up to take a guy who's half the QB Jameis has been and a couple years older. That's fine. That's actually a perfect Browns move in all honesty.

I like the UCLA QB, could be the next Jason Campbell.

You say that like it's a good thing...

Hundley looked dismal... scratch him. However, I did like a couple of the UCLA LBs, e.g., Barr.

Marshall, the Ducks' RB, impressed. Mariota did not... but will watch again.

Earlier:

• Boyd looked bad and he got dinged.
  • Bridgewater still looks like a twig waiting to be snapped into two.
  • Manziel's shoulder looked just fine.

Out of all the QBs I have seen this year, only two have looked to be reading defenses (and I don't mean whether the DE is closing)...

Manziel and McCarron.

You know.... kinda like we saw in Hoyer for 5 minutes...

To my eye all the rest, everyone else in this alledgedly "elite" class of 2014 is looking for open receivers. You know... like Wheezy.

Throwers look for open receivers...

QBs look for openings in the Defense...

Please.... no mo' throwers... at least not in the first round.

I don't Shep any of these QBs. Hundley and Mariota are good at what their teams ask of them, but too much of a gamble for me, and neither impressed me today. If I had the lone voice to draft a QB, I guess at this point I would take McCarron based on what I have seen on the field. Not the tape measure or stop watch, just game play. I'm just not sold that the next John Elway is in this draft.

Archived