THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Kaepernick Rumors

That would kinda close the market for McCown, unless the Jets want him. Can't see Chip bringing in him.

Zombo

in him ......Yodaish :)

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being reported deal in place for a trade to Denver .....

BREAKING: 49ers & Broncos Have Parameters Of Trade Agreement Involving Colin Kaepernick http://bit.ly/1RweX8M

Kaepernick is still insisting on getting his full pay that became guaranteed as of April 1st. Nothing done yet over that issue.

Broncos want to pay him the 7-8 mill ....and require SF to pay the rest of his guaranteed contract. If they gotta pay him they may as well keep him.

Kaepernick is still insisting on getting his full pay that became guaranteed as of April 1st. Nothing done yet over that issue.

Broncos want to pay him the 7-8 mill ....and require SF to pay the rest of his guaranteed contract. If they gotta pay him they may as well keep him.

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. :)

• 4 months later...

Good thing we didn't trade for this douchenozzle. Sitting during the National Anthem would have gone over big in Cleveland.

RG3 looking great, needs vastly improved blocking in front of him though.

Z

name="hoorta" post="593492" timestamp="1459797874"]

Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. :)

Famous last words and very often true in most sports. Like buying a car, do you really want that one with 150,000 miles on it? Maybe there's a reason someone wants to dump it.

QBs and RBs often can fall in that catagory.

Like buying a car, do you really want that one with 150,000 miles on it? Maybe there's a reason someone wants to dump it.

And do you really want(or trust) a car thats basically been broken down for 3 out of its first 4 seasons years ?????.......

One that someone paid a fortune for, then decided just to give it away, after sitting on blocks for a year?

This is something to count on?....(no need to answer...rhetorical and I already know the answer)....;)

You've got that right. Especially now with everything that is going on in this world.

And do you really want(or trust) a car thats basically been broken down for 3 out of its first 4 seasons years ?????.......

One that someone paid a fortune for, then decided just to give it away, after sitting on blocks for a year?

This is something to count on?....(no need to answer...rhetorical and I already know the answer).... ;)

Didn't you just describe RG3 as well

Didn't you just describe RG3 as well

Both were exciting running QBs who didn't like or maybe know how to slide, must have not studied any Physics about smaller items crashing into big crazy things like LBs or SS types who like to punish RBs and try to kill high priced QBs.

I had Kaepernick early on in my FL, he was great for a brief moment. Hopefully RG III makes it to the late bye week but I won't bet $$$ on it.

Kaepernick can say and do what he wants......it is a free country to make such protests. But that does not mean that he is free from the consequences of his actions/statements.

As long as he can play really well, his bs will be tolerated. But if he is seen as being of little use to a team....or if they see that they can replace him with someone who can do just as well but does not bring his baggage, he will be out the door. Those are the consequences.

And more consequences are that other NFL teams may see him is not worth his crap. Then he can go play in Canada maybe....and sit on his ass for their national anthem.

Nope.

The only reason for that was that Kaepernick's price was too high.

Of course to be fair Maybe coach Jackson didn't realize he was aso big and asshole has he is.

WSS

As I recall, the Kaepernick crap was all just Mary Kayish conjecture.

Hue worked out RG3 and told the suits to get a deal worked out before he left town.

You are trying hard not to like Hue. Maybe we should bring Johnny back, you seemed to love him.

Zombo

As I recall, the Kaepernick crap was all just Mary Kayish conjecture.

Hue worked out RG3 and told the resuits to get a deal worked out before he left town.

You are trying hard not to like Hue. Maybe we should bring Johnny back, you seemed to love him.

Zombo

Not at all. I like Hue Jackson. Seems like a nice positive guy. There were all sorts of reports of Kaepernick being an asshole as well as RG3. I'm giving RG3 the benefit of the doubt because he's our guy now and because if he was an asshole maybe a year on the bench and then a trip to the trash heap made him think twice about it. Fine with me. Reality impact players in different ways and in this case I'm hoping it's positive.

WSS

So the coach doesn't have a high character requirement on his checklist? Seems like we were told that he did.

WSS

So the coach liking Kaep previous to this incident and perhaps wanting to take a look at him is something to be held against this 'character' judgement?

That Devils advocate doesn't switch off, does it?

So the coach liking Kaep previous to this incident and perhaps wanting to take a look at him is something to be held against this 'character' judgement?

That Devils advocate doesn't switch off, does it?

http://nypost.com/2015/10/25/colin-kaepernick-and-the-49ers-have-a-locker-room-problem/

This is just one.

Just seems like we heard nothing good about him even before this.

Again same as with Bosa if you're cool with the guy, fair enough. I'm glad he's not our problem.

And I hope I'm just being The Devil's Advocate. If the coach makes a practice of trying to reclaim troubled players and it blows up in our face then I'm concerned.

And there's no evidence that's the case with RG3.

WSS

http://nypost.com/2015/10/25/colin-kaepernick-and-the-49ers-have-a-locker-room-problem/

This is just one.

Just seems like we heard nothing good about him even before this.

Again same as with Bosa if you're cool with the guy, fair enough. I'm glad he's not our problem.

And I hope I'm just being The Devil's Advocate. If the coach makes a practice of trying to reclaim troubled players and it blows up in our face then I'm concerned.

And there's no evidence that's the case with RG3.

WSS

Bullshit. The article I read smells of multiple that were wrote when Robert's play in Washington declined and Cousins took over.

The attitude, the 'diva', etc etc.

The only thing Robert had over Kaep is that he seems like a more likeable guy. Especially after this latest incident.

Bullshit. The article I read smells of multiple that were wrote when Robert's play in Washington declined and Cousins took over.

The attitude, the 'diva', etc etc.

The only thing Robert had over Kaep is that he seems like a more likeable guy. Especially after this latest incident.

Robert was very entitled and immature when unpredictable adversity came his way the first time. Let me ask you this, would Mike or Kyle Shanahan praise the Jay Gruden version of RG3 (via Daniel Snyder forced down we read about) or their version of RG3? Mike Shanahan went straight to Snyder's office and told him he was unnecessarily bringing RG3's career to a premature conclusion with that bs meeting that was supposed to look like it came from RG3. Seems kind of strange Shanahan would go to such an extreme if he felt RG3 was an absolute jerk.

If Cam Newton, Air McNair, Donovan McNabb, Russell Wilson and other successful out of pocket passers were told they can't ever scramble out of pocket again - do you realize how much that changes everything for some of these guys? Even Steve Young had a high inventory of concussions when TB wanted him to be just a pocket passer and his critics kept saying how quickly their version of bust needed to scramble in lieu of pass.Then he goes to SF where the QBs throw a lot of passes outside of pocket. You know the rest of that story.

IMO the biggest hurdle here is RG3's durability - not his character on the 2nd chance he seems to appreciate at this time.

RGIII's biggest hurdle was immaturity, and he's already hurdled that, bigtime.

He admits as much. We'll see.

Colin Scarlet Pimpernel will probably never become a genuine mature human being.

why he even merits a thread ...I don't know.

Archived