THE BROWNS BOARD

Colin Kaepernick

One Post

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And Colin (and others') point is that the flag is not representing all citizens of the country and is protesting against it.

He can feel that way but it IS representing all citizens. The problems he is highlighting aren't the fault of the flag anymore than if I sat in protest of the incredibly high crime rate among black people.

National pass-time: NFL ratings take big hit after anthem protests

Most Americans consider sports an escape from the trials and tribulations of their lives. (For Cleveland Browns fans, the NFL is part of those trials and tribulations … but I digress.) When sports becomes another politicized arena for multi-millionaires to lecture the fans that provide their celebrity lifestyle, it comes as no surprise that the fans will get turned off — and turn the channel. Quelle surprise, as they’d say in the Canadian league, where the focus is still on football.

With the dust settled on Week One, the NFL saw a reduction in most key apples-to-apples comparisons from 2015 to 2016.

The lesson? If the NFL doesn’t want to provide an escape, then fans will create their own escape.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/09/14/national-pass-time-nfl-ratings-take-big-hit-anthem-protests/

I really fucking doubt the total NFL viewership is being seriously affected by Kap sitting during the anthem. We would need to see a graph of these statistics over time to make an accurate assumption. Right now you can just make a loose case for a correlation.

Viewership was down but I would agree without polling you could make a case for any number of reasons that viewership was down. It was down though with the National Anthem controversy happening this season and it could be the cause or it could be a coincidence.

For me I hate politics in sports. I follow politics plenty during the week and when I watch football it is a break from anything political.

Viewership was down but I would agree without polling you could make a case for any number of reasons that viewership was down. It was down though with the National Anthem controversy happening this season and it could be the cause or it could be a coincidence.

For me I hate politics in sports. I follow politics plenty during the week and when I watch football it is a break from anything political.

If it were related to Kaepernick exclusively you'd expected to see a trough with 49ers viewership in particular. I haven't looked at the figures so don't know.

There's plenty of other reasons - no Brady, Gronk for SNF, no Manning for TNF, for starters. Then there's the whole domestic abuse part, the drug use part, etc. etc. and with Kaepernick on top (while I will defend his *right* to protest it still riles people up) I guess it's not that much of a shock.

Did I miss the usual liberal knee jerk about conserviatives etc, who say something that ticks some people off,

so the liberals say

"he has aright to say it, but he will suffer consequences"

in his case, I'm not seeing it....

Really? You probably read three articles online a day about how Kap isn't a real American.

He will suffer consequences if they come to be. He's probably not liked by many people now. Just because YOU want him punished by the NFL doesn't mean that's the only fair consequence

Really? You probably read three articles online a day about how Kap isn't a real American.

He will suffer consequences if they come to be. He's probably not liked by many people now. Just because YOU want him punished by the NFL doesn't mean that's the only fair consequence

And I would tend to agree that he's not by any definition vague or otherwise of what a real American is. He apparently has no respect for the symbol of the country he is a citizen of so that would sound un American to me.

I don't suppose there's any law that forces him to be a real American but if your Allegiance is to your race before your country I guess that would mean that you are not in fact a real American.

WSS

I'm yet to hear any definition of 'real american' btw.

I think I'm at least giving a pretty good idea of what it is not. Someones whose Allegiance is to his race his religion or another government would not be a real American in my opinion.. I guess the same would go for subjects of the queen. You don't?

WSS

So, speaking English - sure, no problems there.

Being born in the US, and being a christian - that's what makes a real american? I would have thought there's more to it than that. Besides, by that metric, Kaepernick is certainly a 'real american'.

Next?

Being born in the US, and being a christian - that's what makes a real american? I would have thought there's more to it than that. Besides, by that metric, Kaepernick is certainly a 'real american'.

Next?

Only 'real American's' can understand. You'll never get it....

Next?

You're not a real Englishman are you?

Archived