THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we play nickel in over 40% of our defensive snaps with 4 down lineman. I can count on both hands the times we have played 4-4 or 4-6. When we are in nickel we rarely send more than 4 and when we do its an S. Most of our other snaps have been 3 down lineman with one rushing LB

I figure we are going to lose Pryor,Crowell in FA atleast. With Pryor he can be replaced by Devalve because of the similar measurables and Seth did Play WR in College. Regardless its he can be replaced pretty easily, i mean really how hard is it to find someone that can push off and is tall. Devalve makes up for the 2 in height disadvantage with the 10in jump advantage.

I caught a lot of that on radio. Between Hartline and a few others TP got crucified. not 100% but wow. I think he has the skills to improve but to a green, brown level? And to be fair, most all the media reports involving our Winless Browns are pretty damning one way or the other.

Devalve will be on our team next year and Pryor wont thats the point i'm making. He's no big loss Jordan payton any big bodied receiver would work

"With the shape of a L on your forehead"..Huejax been in many more locker rooms than we have..He's got this

Yes, but with his physical attributes and with the right attitude, do you think he can become a number one guy? Even a 2 is good though. He does seem like the type to push ...Maybe not a j Jones..But close is great

TP is an athletic freak, the only thing holding him back lies inside the helmet.

I think he's going to want #1 WR money to stay, and I don't think he's worth it.

TP is an athletic freak, the only thing holding him back lies inside the helmet.

I think he's going to want #1 WR money to stay, and I don't think he's worth it.

I'm sure you're right about the money. The packers were sniffing heavy at trade deadline and still like him. I half expect him to go there and Excell. Our FO won't part with the money for him

So do we draft another big WR to replace Pryor?

Nah, we'll be getting Josh Gordon back with like 2 years left on his original contract. We might convince TP to stay with JG to draw massive coverage to the opposite side, it'll be a track meet. Plus, Coleman will be a veteran player as well, should make a substantial jump next season especially with the addition of Gordon.

I managed this masterpiece. Would anyone be upset with this draft?

Your score is: 10667 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 18 (BALT): Desmond King, CB, Iowa ( B)

Round 1 Pick 28 (NYG): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A-)

Round 2 Pick 1: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A)

Round 2 Pick 6 (NYJ): Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A-)

Round 2 Pick 20 (HOU): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan (A)

Round 3 Pick 12 (N.O.): Brad Kaaya, QB, Miami (Fla.) (A+)

Round 3 Pick 24 (DET): Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M ( B)

Round 4 Pick 24 (DET): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick (JAX)

2018 Round 1 Pick (PHI)

2019 Round 1 Pick

Keep in mind that's 3 first rounders next year, possible that all three would be top 15 picks. Also, we have PHI's 2nd rounder as well. So that would be 3 in the first and two seconds.

4 first rounders in 2018 ....we would still fuck it up if it was real :)

Round 1 Pick 13 (BUF): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

Round 1 Pick 20 (HOU): Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State (A+)

Round 2 Pick 1: Takkarist McKinley, OLB/DE, UCLA (B+)

Round 2 Pick 4 (CHI): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson (B+)

Round 2 Pick 11 (CAR): Chris Wormley, DT, Michigan (A-)

Round 2 Pick 13 (BUF): Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A)

Round 2 Pick 17: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A)

Round 2 Pick 20 (HOU): Garett Bolles, OT, Utah (A)

Round 3 Pick 1: Steven Taylor, OLB, Houston (B+)

Round 4 Pick 1: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU (B-)

Round 5 Pick 31: Darren Carrington II, WR, Oregon (A+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Ed Paris, CB, LSU (B-)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick (CHI)

2018 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick (HOU)

2019 Round 1 Pick

Needs to be a Brown.

Consolidated picks to obtain 4 firsts, I had to give up a first next year but all things considered, we'd still have two second rounders next year that we could trade up for a first come draft time. Plus, with a franchise QB, a franchise RB, and adding two defensive monsters from Alabama, we should be good to miss one pick. Plus, Evans is a steal at the top of the third round, he's a playmaker. Donnel Pumphrey is going to be the next Cribbs/Hester, he is a special teams threat that can also contribute in the 'regular' offense.

Round 1 Pick 5 (TENN): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

Round 1 Pick 8: Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama (A+)

Round 1 Pick 9 (ARI): Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU (A+)

Round 1 Pick 11 (CAR): Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama (A+)

Round 3 Pick 1: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M (A)

Round 5 Pick 31: Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell ( B)

Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A-)

Your Future Picks:

2019 Round 1 Pick

Well if go by needs were not taking any pass rushers in round 1 we just took 3 top 100 passrushers last year. And i dont think we can take 1 QB and 9 Centers in a row

Last in the NFL in QB pressures. I don't give a god damn who we drafted last year. Saying we drafted X position in the 2nd or 3rd round doesn't mean we don't have a need.

But go on, you were saying...?

Last in the NFL in QB pressures. I don't give a god damn who we drafted last year. Saying we drafted X position in the 2nd or 3rd round doesn't mean we don't have a need.

But go on, you were saying...?

Last in the league in alot of things this year. I'd say our issue is more on coverage than it is on pass rush. Our linebackers are terrible in coverage and our 3rd cb is really bad and i dont even know what Safety depth we are on.

Most of the time the opposing QB just hits the checkdown in sub 3 seconds and casually goes up the field. Or my favorite the middle of the field just above our linebackers. Or they just run it while our guys struggle to figure out what gaps are. Considering our guys are not slower or weaker than ANY OTHER nfl players and the evidence we have seen this season. I would say the biggest NEED is improved communication skills, Player positioning and Discipline.

But since we cant draft Coaching we'll have to settle for areas of maximum effective value

Edit: Also we are 28th in pressures not last... But last year we were actually Average in this statistic. So you know hooray for zone blitz horton

Archived