THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, Po... Gordon still has a shot, but our FO is not exactly betting the farm on his return... and who can blame them? Even should he clear his personal hurdles there still the matter of how much of the player we saw burst onto the scene in 2013 is still there. Even his kind of talent has a shelf life.

It's been mighty quiet on the Josh Front of late- Not a peep as what he's been up to. He's still on the Browns reserve\suspended list. But he did look mighty good in the little we saw of him preseason. Built us up with expectations- again. Then the big crash.

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A-)

Round 1 Pick 10: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

Round 2 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A-)

Round 4 Pick 1: Daeshon Hall, DE, Texas A&M (B+)

Round 5 Pick 32: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (A+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2019 Round 1 Pick

I say if we're gonna get a QB let's protect him... what do ya say? lol

Then we got Myles Garrett's counterpart, on the cheap. We also picked up our new backfield. Duke Johnson and Donnel Pumphrey will be lightning and quicksilver back there! Stevenson is also a guy that will help out the QB. All in?

A 4th round DE is myles garretts counterpart?

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 1: Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama (A-)

Round 1 Pick 10: Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

Round 2 Pick 1: Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 3 (CHI): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (A-)

Round 5 Pick 32: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (A+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2019 Round 1 Pick

I say if we're gonna get a QB let's protect him... what do ya say? lol

Then we got Myles Garrett's counterpart, on the cheap. We also picked up our new backfield. Duke Johnson and Donnel Pumphrey will be lightning and quicksilver back there! Stevenson is also a guy that will help out the QB. All in?

Um, just no on an OT @ #1. Elflin @ #33, is my pick too. Assuming the Browns draft #1 overall, AND don't trade down (BARF!) it's going to be Trubisky, Garrett, or Allen. Book it.

We're not waiting till the 4th round to address the dumpster fire that is our defense either. One of the first round picks and one of the second round picks will be on that side of the ball.

And it will be Elflin OR Pocic, not both. :)

Like the first 3 picks on this one

Your score is: 10912 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 5 (TENN): Mitch Trubisky, QB, North Carolina (A+)

Round 1 Pick 10: Jabrill Peppers, OLB/SS, Michigan (A+)

Round 1 Pick 16 (TENN): Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida (A+)

Round 2 Pick 4 (JAX): Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin (A-)

Round 2 Pick 16: DeMarcus Walker, DE, Florida State (A)

Round 3 Pick 1: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia (A+))

Round 3 Pick 5 (TENN): Evan Engram, TE/WR, Ole Miss (A-)

Round 4 Pick 1: Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State (A+)

Round 3 Pick 4 (JAX): Jeremy McNichols, RB, Boise State (A

Round 5 Pick 32: Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn (A+)

Round 6 Pick 1: Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell (B)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2019 Round 1 Pick

Hate the first pick. Love the second. Hmmmm

And since this is the place to toss out names... Mason Rudolf. Still a Junior though... No idea what his intentions are.

Caught him last nite in OSU's bowl. As compact a throwing motion and quick release as I've seen at the collegiate level in a good while, and has a freaking rocket of an arm. One minus was a lack of preservation instinct in his runs.

He's, thankfully for me, coming back to Stillwater next year. He's bringing Washington, the WR who snagged 9 catches for 171 yards and a TD, back as well.

I gave my opinion on him a week or so ago. I'm not sure what thread though. I'm hoping Gundy has him spend some time with the baseball team next semester. He definitely needs to learn how to slide.

Ya, I remember it well. Damn, would analytics have led Sam to try the FG instead? I thought about that when Hue stated that analytics leads to his play calling. That was why he went for 2 early amongst other plays

Cockroft missed an XP in that end of the stadium, lots of ice. So throwing the pass, going for the throat wasn't the worst thing to try....until it failed. Ugh

Demarcus Walker looks like a freak tonight (granted, just going up against a bunch of overrated white dudes). The depth of pass rusher in this draft really makes me balk at going with Garrett #1 overall.

Much as I want him with the Browns, I'm at about that point where we take Allen first and then the top pass rusher left second (if Foster is gone which is likely).

Your score is: 10700 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 14 (PHI): Ethan Pocic, C/OG, LSU (B-)

Round 1 Pick 31 (DAL): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 4 (JAX): Desmond King, CB, Iowa (A)

Round 2 Pick 6 (NYJ): Marcus Williams, FS, Utah (A-)

Round 2 Pick 14 (MINN): O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama (A)

Round 2 Pick 16: Justin Evans, SS, Texas A&M ( B)

Round 2 Pick 31 (DAL): Jake Butt, TE, Michigan (A+)

Round 3 Pick 1: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan (A)

Round 3 Pick 23 (MINN): Kevin King, CB, Washington ( B)

Round 4 Pick 4 (JAX): Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)

Round 5 Pick 32: Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)

Round 6 Pick 1: Freddie Stevenson, FB, Florida State (A+)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick (DAL)

2018 Round 1 Pick (NYJ)

2019 Round 1 Pick

Okay, you can say what you want but I really would like this draft too.

Basically, I fixed our offensive line. If our Center of the Oline ain't legit then that's the first thing we need a long term solution to. It's important enough that we burn two first to figure it out. The runner up becomes the RG. Then we plug one of the guys already on the roster into the RT. We can't run or pass until the line is solid. It really is that important.

I would love to have a franchise QB to rally behind for years, but if it just not there then we don't force it. By trading back a few times I was able to secure 3 first round picks for the following draft, plus 2 second rounders... that's 5 picks in the first 2 rounds. That's plenty of ammo to move up to #1 overall and get our QB then. I'm not saying Trubisky isn't the guy... just saying if there are any doubts, 3 first rounders and an elite Oline is a hell of a consolation prize.

I went heavy on the secondary. Last draft we emphasized WR, this year we emphasize it's counterpart the CB. We have Joe Haden, Body Count and Taylor. Kindred is in there as well... But in this scenario we're adding a bevy of talent and skills to challenge the WRs. Desmond King is a really nice corner that has a lot of tools and ability. I also like Jourdan Lewis and Kevin King.

Not only adding to the CBs but also the Safeties in the secondary. Marcus Williams and Justin Evans add competition to the roster for those Safety spots, they could probably both start at some point next year.

Getting back to the Oline... I was able to add not only the best TE available in the draft but luckily the second best was available at the end of the second round. The talent trumped what was out there at other positions. Adding not one but two really good blocking TEs beefed up an already stellar looking offensive line. Both TEs are able to block for the run and pass game and are sure handed in the receiving department. A lineup of Barnidge, Howard, Butt and DeValve at TE looks promising.

When watching Myles Garrett I noticed that a lot of the time the QB would wind up in Garretts arms while running from Daeshon Hall. So if we don't end up with Garrett getting Daeshon to chase QBs into the waiting arms of Nassib would be alright with me. Hopefully, with the improved secondary, both CBs and Safeties, the Defensive line will have that extra second to rip the limbs off the QB.

Daniel Carlson looks to be the real deal at the kicker spot. I'm not advocating taking him ala Raiders style or anything but an ice cold kicker in the fourth round, a guy that we can have lock down that position for quite a while, that was a good deal for me. Would love to add this kicker to our team.... heard he can hit 70 yard field goals...

My last two picks are really important. I really like the RB Donnel, he's explosive and elusive. Small but lightning quick. With a stout Oline and TEs with great WRs, he's going to be hard to get hands on. Even harder when we put a big dual threat Fullback like Stevenson out there in front of him.

All things considered, getting pretty much the entire offense and defense along with special teams upgraded to respectable proportions and gathering up 5 picks, 3 in the first round of next years draft, is an adequate alternative to the franchise QB pick at #1. It's at least something to consider anyways.

I agree, Po... Gordon still has a shot, but our FO is not exactly betting the farm on his return... and who can blame them? Even should he clear his personal hurdles there still the matter of how much of the player we saw burst onto the scene in 2013 is still there. Even his kind of talent has a shelf life.

Right.....Ive been one of the few to keep hoping for his return and thinking he'll turn the corner......but.....argh.....Ive given up hope on this guy.....not even a flicker in my mind anymore......

If he shows up....actually makes it through camp......and then plays some real games.....I will be shocked.....

I think....based upon his flashes this past preseason.....that the shelf life on him is still fresh.....

It's been mighty quiet on the Josh Front of late- Not a peep ...... he did look mighty good in the little we saw of him preseason. Built us up with expectations- again. .......Then the big crash.

He looked GREAT......!!!

Amazing talent.....amazing waste of talent......just amazing.....

Let's say just for kicks.

We draft Trubisky and Fournette. We resign Pryor and we get Gordon Back. We can draft either Pocic or Elflein at the top of the second round.

QB- Trubisky, Kessler

RB- Fournette, Johnson, Humphrey

WR- Gordon, Pryor, Coleman, Higgins

OL- Thomas, Bitonio, Elflein, Erving, Paztor

I think that would be a really strong offensive unit.

Here's what you do......

Take Allen or Garrett first.....

Trade up a spot or 2 and grab Peppers....

Trade a #2 and next years 1st for Foster.......

Then, do like last year(with the WR's) and draft 5 DB's.....

And.....like majic......defense fixed......

I think that would be a really strong offensive unit.

But are they 30+ ppg strong? We'll need that many to win if we ignore the D... again...

The blue-chip, impact players in this draft are on the D-side.

Can't help but feel Peppers was feigning injury. Being up in the booth texty texty and NOT on th sidelines with your team mates? Fuck that.

I missed all that i guess, didnt watch any of the games yesterday. But stsly you'd be upset if we ended with peppers and didnt have to use the 1st pick on him? Im certainly not advocating him anywhere near the 1st or 2nd pick whichever we end up with, but fuck if he's there at the eagles pick? I mean if we go with a QB, allen and garrett are gone by the 10th. If we take allen or garett than the QB we might want also "prob" is not there at the eagles pick either....sooooo we'd be upset with peppers still?

Here's what you do......

Take Allen or Garrett first.....

Trade up a spot or 2 and grab Peppers....

Trade a #2 and next years 1st for Foster.......

Then, do like last year(with the WR's) and draft 5 DB's.....

And.....like majic......defense fixed......

Ooooo, trade up for peppers? Dont get me wtong im intrigued but my initial reaction was a bit of a bhole clench......whoch is never a good sign. Something feels off about that prospect....but on paper yeah dear god.

If we traded up then boy, we'd abs have to adress o line in free agency. My only hedge about trading away picks is we have so many fucking holes still to fill

Demarcus Walker looks like a freak tonight (granted, just going up against a bunch of overrated white dudes). The depth of pass rusher in this draft really makes me balk at going with Garrett #1 overall.

No one has our OL as overrated because no one (that knows what they're talking about) thinks they're that great. Believe me, our OL is average.

Can't help but feel Peppers was feigning injury. Being up in the booth texty texty and NOT on th sidelines with your team mates? Fuck that.

Well, you're wrong.

He clearly didn't fake the injury. You think, as part of his master plan, he faked an injury yesterday (hurting his own team because they practiced for weeks exepcting him to be there), got dressed knowing he wouldn't play, faked looking hurt while warming up, faked being pissed off he couldn't run and then faked a post game interview where he was clearly crying and frustrated he couldn't play? Really? You really think he did all of that to get out of the bowl game?

Harbaugh apparently told him to go up to the both. Peppers was very emotional and frustrated he couldn't play. Harbaugh deemed it a distraction. Not to mention the cameras would be following him all night.

After watvhing a full game from allen im more middle'ish now between him and garrett. I still saw today a really strong mofo who can hand fight, just stacks and tosses guys. Made really good plays against the run. So im still ok with taking him. Reason im now more ambivalent is that he didnt show that burst off the line that Bosa had if we gotta compare.

Bosa too liked to come off the line, read and shed....but he also could fire out and catch ol setting up for his power game. Allen has the same strength just not the same dynamic toolset that bosa did. Garett on the other hand isnt as strong but his upside a few years from now if ge develops properly.....could be hof type stuff. I dunno anymore between the two.

Archived