THE BROWNS BOARD

AJ McCarron

LondonBrown

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Schefter reports the Browns notified the NFL of the deal "moments too late," and that the league would not budge. ESPN Clevelad's Tony Grossi went as far as to report that the Browns were "celebrating" McCarron's acquisition and "forgot to call in the deal before the deadline." That seems a bit hard to believe, though we really want to. The Browns have lost control of their quarterback narrative, letting their rivals and media paint them as hapless in their pursuit of an answer under center.

Hahaha wowza

If it turns out the Browns missed trading for the dude they thought was gonna be their franchise QB because of paperwork, that's the most Browns thing to ever have happened to them. 

I find this story a bit too outlandish though. I think there's more truth in the middle.

13 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Lol, so when it can be used to make Hue look bag, the point I've been making for weeks gets used against me

That’s how this whole thing works. This board is full of stupid old Shmucks that can barely formulate a coherent thought. They just sit around and hem and haw and get each other riled up, then go jack each other off talking about the good ol days.

Theres like four or five knowledgeable people here who’s opinions I respect because they are capable of rational thought, then another three or four who’s opinions I respect because I’ve been around long enough to know they are truly just fed up with the losing. Then the rest is pretty much a pile of useless garbage that time forgot who shitpost just because their wives and kids hate them and they have nothing better to do with their old, wrinkly lives.

Come over to r/Browns. It’s where the people who actually know what the hell they are talking about can discuss actual Browns moves. 

I for once am actually glad we screwed up. I am not a Mccarron fan. Is he better than what we have now? Probably but not a FQB in my mind. The real travesty is that we bombed on getting Jimmy G and then punted with Mccarron. Honestly to me this means Hue 100% believes that Kizer is perma toast. 

It is further beyond belief to me that we "accidentally" missed the deadline reporting this to the NFL. Call me a tin foil hat  but I suspect it comes out Jimmy stepped in and nixed it as word has it he is furious with Hue for some of his comments. 

All in all just another humiliating day for Browns as an org. 

Relative to the QB's Hue wanted. Sure he wanted some that were turds, he also wanted Watson , Goff (year 2 looking just fine), Stated Wentz was the best pro day he has seen in his career. I think perhaps you have your internet gun aimed at the wrong person as i relates to our lack of a viable QB. 

This stinks of Hue doing his mate Marvin another favour like he did with the Carson Palmer trade. Or trying to. 

Id fire him tonight. He’s done nothing to help Kizer (his pick) and his time management is beyond pathetic. He’s not helping develop these young players. 

Rumor is we traded a 2nd to cincy for mccaron but we were so busy celebrating we forgot to notify the NFL and we missed the deadline...

heard on radio... hopefully a joke

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21241178/cincinnati-bengals-trade-qb-aj-mccarron-cleveland-browns-falls-through

The quarterback situation just by itself certainly makes the FO seem like a bunch of morons. I realize the sunshine boys won't admit it but...

They've pissed away two veterans with NFL experience and fumbled at least one trade for Jimmy Garoppolo who knows what the inside scoop is with AJ McCarron? I can give them a little bit of a pass on the draft because, hey, who knows Wentz and Watson might have sucked if they played here but...

WSS

via Rotoworld

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns believed they completed their acquisition of Bengals QB A.J. McCarron before Tuesday's deadline, but that the league would not allow it to go through.

Schefter reports the Browns notified the NFL of the deal "moments too late," and that the league would not budge. ESPN Clevelad's Tony Grossi went as far as to report that the Browns were "celebrating" McCarron's acquisition and "forgot to call in the deal before the deadline." That seems a bit hard to believe, though we really want to. The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the Browns were ready to part with second- and third-round picks. The Browns have lost control of their quarterback narrative, letting their rivals and media paint them as hapless in their pursuit of an answer under center.

6 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I heard Hue ran out of time outs, and the clock ran out before we could swing this deal.

That ought to build up Kizer’s confidence.

Like I posted in the other thread, according to ESPN and Schefter

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns attempted to trade for Bengals No. 2 QB A.J. McCarron before Tuesday's deadline.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals actually believed a deal was done, but that the Browns ended up not approving it with the league. It's the first we've heard of McCarron since August, where his name was a mainstay in trade rumors. The Browns are casting a wide net at quarterback, but continue to lack decisiveness as they search for an answer under center. McCarron is headed for restricted free agency next offseason.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns believed they completed their acquisition of Bengals QB A.J. McCarron before Tuesday's deadline, but that the league would not allow it to go through.

Schefter reports the Browns notified the NFL of the deal "moments too late," and that the league would not budge. ESPN Clevelad's Tony Grossi went as far as to report that the Browns were "celebrating" McCarron's acquisition and "forgot to call in the deal before the deadline." That seems a bit hard to believe, though we really want to. The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the Browns were ready to part with second- and third-round picks. Coach Hue Jackson was McCarron's coordinator his first two years in the league. The Browns have lost control of their quarterback narrative, letting their rivals and media paint them as hapless in their pursuit of an answer under center.

6 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Jesus Christ this FO has made lots of trades since they came here and all of a sudden they’ve forgotten they need to call the NFL?

How anyone can believe such horse Sheet is beyond me. 

We've got Poetic Linus regarding Hogan.....and London Linus regarding the FO.

4 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Somebody needs to lose their job

1) Actually, I think LondonBrown's scenario sounds more correct.  Problem is, if Kelvin Benjamin [who has a Pro Bowl in his history] is only worth a 3 and a 7, AJ is not in the galaxy of a 2 and a 3.  So, our FO is correct yet again.. because this decision would have been made based on assets given vs asset received.. and thus if anyone should lose their job it's Hue.

2) I couldn't be more tired of the calls for bloodlust / lynching.  Firing people haphazardly does NOT do anything other than make the atmosphere worse.

8 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Like I posted in the other thread, according to ESPN and Schefter

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns attempted to trade for Bengals No. 2 QB A.J. McCarron before Tuesday's deadline.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bengals actually believed a deal was done, but that the Browns ended up not approving it with the league. It's the first we've heard of McCarron since August, where his name was a mainstay in trade rumors. The Browns are casting a wide net at quarterback, but continue to lack decisiveness as they search for an answer under center. McCarron is headed for restricted free agency next offseason.

Schefter reports the Browns notified the NFL of the deal "moments too late," and that the league would not budge. ESPN Clevelad's Tony Grossi went as far as to report that the Browns were "celebrating" McCarron's acquisition and "forgot to call in the deal before the deadline." That seems a bit hard to believe, though we really want to. The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the Browns were ready to part with second- and third-round picks. Coach Hue Jackson was McCarron's coordinator his first two years in the league. The Browns have lost control of their quarterback narrative, letting their rivals and media paint them as hapless in their pursuit of an answer under center.

It was a desperation move that backfired, and now the FO look like fools...again.

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Then again keep in mind that you'd have to be pretty stupid to give away a franchise quarterback when your starter is as old as Tom Brady or you seem to have questions about your starter in Andy Dalton.

WSS

True, especially to a division rival

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:
Traded a ton for Carson Palmer. Excited about RGIII. All in on Goff. Really wanted Jimmy G. Also likes AJ McCarron. Hue Jackson. QB Guru.

Carson has had a pretty good career post the Hue trade, Goff may actually be good, many folks think JG will be good, I am skeptical on AJ and I think RG3 was more of the FO tossing hue something since they had no intention of drafting a QB in the first. I would rather have Hue making the decision on the QB then the FO.

19 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

My thoughts

Hue struck the deal with his friend Marvin and the Bengals 

The front office said no way

Hue goes directly to Jimmy 

Jimmy says ok and tries to overrule the FO but it’s too late 

There may be some truth to this but all Hue has to say is look the FO passed on Wentz, they passed on Watson, the didn't due what was necessary to acquire JG and these other teams benefit from trading with us while we passed on good QBs, time to find a QB. And you may think he hasn't given Kizer time to develop, I think he has been fair with that, in the end the player has to make the right decisions etc. The FO doesn;t believe in retaining veteran players who can help someone like Kizer of some of these other players develop. Who is modeling how to be a QB to Kizer? Kessler? Hogan? Thats not Hues fault, thats the FO fault. Sashi has final say on the roster not Hue, so the QB issue belongs squarely on Sashi.

Archived