THE BROWNS BOARD

AJ McCarron

LondonBrown

12 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Albert Breer from MMQB was on the local sports radio show on the commute home today.

According to him, the Bengals and the Browns struck a deal early yesterday afternoon.

The Browns subsequently backed out of said deal, then came full circle and wanted to do the deal.

The clock ran out on the deal, and the rest is history.

Ya, how bout that Harvard graduate? Lol

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

There is absolutely no way this organization remains intact after this.

I don't know exactly what happened, but someone was grossly incompetent yesterday.

Someone thought A.J. McCarron was worth a 2nd and 3rd rounder, and someone messed up making the trade. (And "messed up" might have been the front office sabotaging a horrible deal on purpose.) IMO, the signs, at minimum, are SCREAMING that Hue is gone.

Here's something to ponder: Would the Browns have used their top pick next draft on a QB if they used a 2nd and 3rd rounder from the same draft on McCarron?

The whole thing seems to be a for real clusterphukk. Between the HC, his daughter Baylee, then Stosh getting an earful from Jimmah with the pudpuller no where to be seen and the owners wife is on a big time rag over it all. Not to mention the national media in guffaw mode over it and the local media is in full on lynch mode. 

And through it all, I shall remain a very hopeful fan.. 

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Here's another thing I just realized Mark. The attempted McCarron move officially threw Kizer under the bus. Not like I've been preaching it from Day One that I didn't like Deshone at all.  Some of the brain trust on the Browns was just a little bit slower coming to the realization.

Yes of course it did.  But Huey has been screwing with Kizer's confidence all season with the way he pulls him in and out of the lineup week after week.  The entire situations from the owner all the way down to the coach is one huge dumpster fire.

9 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I wouldn't blame the fans when Jimmy went over the front office to try to please Hue and they disobeyed him. My theory is Hue convinced Jimmy the process isn't working and a lawyer and baseball guy can't make draft picks.

And Jimmy is easily convinced because none of the fans believe either. 

If we were all of one backbone, he wouldn’t be trusting his HC over his GM on trades. Ridiculous

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

And Jimmy is easily convinced because none of the fans believe either. 

If we were all of one backbone, he wouldn’t be trusting his HC over his GM on trades. Ridiculous

You're gonna ride this all the way aren't you? And when changes are inevitably made....... BECAUSE THE TEAM CAN'T WIN A SINGLE PHUCKING GAME, then all we will hear from you is how it's all our faults that the poor beleaguered Brain Trust unjustly got run out of town by the big, bad, mean ol' fans and had absolutely nothing to do with their on field performance. 

Too bad the NFL doesn't hand out participation trophies so our Brain Trust won't get their feelings hurt so much after they see the score board at the end of every game...... and God forbid that they look at the standings, as that would surely send them to their happy place along with their emotional support kitty cat.

Hey Jimmy, since you're reading all these posts..........................  F U C K   O F F!

8 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Sooo, do you have a point?

There's that reading comp again..... my bad, next time I'll type s l o w e r........ 

5 minutes ago, D Bone said:

There's that reading comp again..... my bad, next time I'll type s l o w e r........ 

It takes intentional writing that isn’t just a bunch of unclever sarcasm and buzz words to comprehend. 

6 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/02/browns-will-pay-brock-osweiler-895588-to-play-for-the-broncos-this-weekend/

He could have been playing here and probably doing a better job than what we've had.

WSS

I was not against keeping Brock here and seeing what he could do in a real game.   As far as I am concerned, you can just add that up to another Quarterback fuyuck up by our FO.

7 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

If McCarron is the answer, the question has been dumbed down so far that actual winning is no longer the goal.

This team was run into the ground by "football guys making football decisions" -- get over it.

The fact that bad football guys made bad decisions doesn't make the current FO type or decisions right. 

17 hours ago, wargograw said:

This is not dissimilar to when you tried to chastise everyone because somehow people saying meanie words on a message board was contributing to Justin Gilbert sucking. It turned out that he just sucked. Our undeserved praise would have done nothing. The fans weren’t creating the news, they were just reporting it. Sashi and Co are 1-23. I have a feeling he will follow Gilbert’s trajectory.

8 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Oh god we've already forgotten what an ashole osweiler looked like against the practice squad guys. Nothing like looking fondly at late quarter preseason performances from a guy who was skipping balls off the turf on 15 yd wheel routes. 

I still would have liked to see him  in a real game.   I mean, really....how much more suckitude could he have brought us than what we have had?

They kept Hogan instead of him?   They could have stashed Hogan on the PS, give B.O. a tryout....and if is what we thought he was....we could have crowned/cut him.   We would have been no worse off.  

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

3 minutes ago, 200lbMumford said:

F*ck the Browns.  Because of 18 years of garbage, we're now reduced to arguing the merits of keeping Brock Osweiller and trading multiple draft picks for a QB that can't beat out Andy Dalton.

You forgot, defending a regime that has accumulated an overall record of 1-23.

35 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

You forgot, defending a regime that has accumulated an overall record of 1-23.

For me, the record doesn't really mean as much.  I'm of the mindset that they started the process the correct way (my opinion).  Rip it apart down to the studs and rebuild with young and talented players.   I can foresee a situation where they could still be 1-23 and I'd be OK with it.  But passing on Wentz (anyone that knows me knows I wanted him at 2, hell at 1) was just the start.  Coming out and saying he wasn't a top 20 QB was just idiotic. Even if you believed that you just had to say something like "We loved Wentz, but at this stage in the process we found that the trade gave us better value long term, would have loved to somehow accomplish both goals".  Sure everyone would know you're full of Sheet but crikes, such a bad look.   Continue on with things like drafting 4 WR's that have all been hot garbage, allowing young talent to walk away in FA (Schwartz), and cutting useful QB mentors to save money under a cap that you already have a ton of room.   This trade debacle is just the icing on the cake.   There's so many layers of fail here that I find myself hating anyone even half defending anyone in the organization from the coaches to the front office to the huckster owner.  

I've gone from a season ticket holder to someone who has now not watched more games this season than the last 18 combined.

1 hour ago, 200lbMumford said:

F*ck the Browns.  Because of 18 years of garbage, we're now reduced to arguing the merits of keeping Brock Osweiller and trading multiple draft picks for a QB that can't beat out Andy Dalton.

For today, yes.  Neither option any good, to be sure.

We could argue about other things....like:

A. Should they sign Kaepernick

B. Should they draft another QB high next year, and if so, who?

C. Should the coach be fired?

D. Should the FO be fired?

E. If C. or D. happen who do you get to replace them?

F. Will the team be better with two WRs we have had missing back in the fold:  Coleman and Gordon

G. Can the defense stop the pass?  They have had massive failures in this regard.

H. Can our #1 overall draft pick avoid falling over his shoelaces and not be injured constantly?

And that is what I can just think of quickly off the top of my head. So, no, we are not reduced to just talking about what you mentioned......we have a whole array of subjects to discuss....all of which have a similar theme:   How fuyucked up is this team?

A.  Sure..why not

B.  Yes   (no clue who) but yes absolutely

C. Yes

D. Probably, but at minimum changes need to be made.

E. No clue

F. Maybe.  Coleman can't stay healthy and Gordon hasn't played in a long time.  Big question marks on both guys.  Can Coleman stay healthy and can Gordon stay clean.

G. No

H. Would appear to also be a No.  But lets hope it turns into a yes.

DBN's description of the McCarron last-minute work show that Cleveland DID THEIR JOB RIGHT and that indeed it was Cincy's FO who didn't properly forward Cleveland's paperwork to the NFL.

My guess is that the Browns and Bengals agreed on the steps they'd do ["I'll send you this, you sign& forward it on, OK? Great! [hangup]] .. and then the Bengals immediately did something different.  They didn't forward ANYTHING browns-related!  Cin just sent in their own signed papers, didn't include anything from Cleveland in what they sent to NFL.

So.... just as I said the day it happened, it was a process issue and not a "kill them all with fire" situation.

I'm sure now that each and every person who was immediately certain that "Everyone in Browns FO should be fired" will change their minds and realize the objectively false belief they selected..

Or not!

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

For today, yes.  Neither option any good, to be sure.

We could argue about other things....like:

A. Should they sign Kaepernick  NO & HELL NO. 

B. Should they draft another QB high next year, and if so, who? YES, ANYONE WHO DOESN'T PLAY FOR ND

C. Should the coach be fired? MAYBE

D. Should the FO be fired? YES

E. If C. or D. happen who do you get to replace them? MY CAT 

F. Will the team be better with two WRs we have had missing back in the fold:  Coleman and Gordon YES

G. Can the defense stop the pass?  They have had massive failures in this regard. NO

H. Can our #1 overall draft pick avoid falling over his shoelaces and not be injured constantly? TBD

And that is what I can just think of quickly off the top of my head. So, no, we are not reduced to just talking about what you mentioned......we have a whole array of subjects to discuss....all of which have a similar theme:   How fuyucked up is this team?

47 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

DBN's description of the McCarron last-minute work show that Cleveland DID THEIR JOB RIGHT and that indeed it was Cincy's FO who didn't properly forward Cleveland's paperwork to the NFL.

My guess is that the Browns and Bengals agreed on the steps they'd do ["I'll send you this, you sign& forward it on, OK? Great! [hangup]] .. and then the Bengals immediately did something different.  They didn't forward ANYTHING browns-related!  Cin just sent in their own signed papers, didn't include anything from Cleveland in what they sent to NFL.

So.... just as I said the day it happened, it was a process issue and not a "kill them all with fire" situation.

I'm sure now that each and every person who was immediately certain that "Everyone in Browns FO should be fired" will change their minds and realize the objectively false belief they selected..

Or not!

I don't believe this is accurate.

Why would one team and one team only be responsible for forwarding both teams' paperwork to the league?  Seems that it would make more sense that they both send their own paperwork in and the league determines that both sides have agreed to the same parameters. 

Here's the biggest problem with the botched trade:  We didn't get Garoppolo. Forget McCarron, the trade reminds us that we tried to pay MORE for a player who is widely considered the lesser talent, and not just a little more...a LOT more. The 49's only used a 2nd rounder and we offered a 2nd AND a 3rd? Why? Why didn't we offer THAT deal for Garoppolo? Are you telling me that the Patriots, a team we've traded with before AND a team that absolutely covets picks, wouldn't take an additional 3rd round pick?! So the biggest issue isn't that we didn't get McCarron, it's that we weren't even in the MIX for Garoppolo. A QB that Hue Jackson PUBLICLY stated he wanted. 

And here's the other reason it absolutely kills us:  Not getting either QB robbed us of ANY hope. Imagine this for a second...just a second. A team with Jimmy Garoppolo, Josh Gordon, Corey Coleman, Crowell, Duke Johnson, David Njoku, Devalve. Not only THAT, but our offense could've COMPLETELY transformed by just giving up ONE pick...a second rounder! Do you have any idea how insane that is? Josh Gordon is an actual #1 WR, and I've always said Corey Coleman is a #2. With Gordon actually commanding respect, Coleman will benefit. The top can come off a defense. That opens up the middle of the field for our talented tight ends! Do you see the ripple effect? And if we actually had Garoppolo, we'd have someone who could ACTUALLY attack the middle! Someone who can find his butt cheeks with both hands on the red zone. Someone who doesn't look lost when we need a play deep in scoring territory. We could've changed EVERYTHING. We could've changed the team enough to keep Hue Jackson so we wouldn't have to blow it all up again. 

Now look, I'm not dumb enough to expect much from Josh Gordon. I know he'll let us down more than likely, but right now he's on our team. Right now I can say he's in the league. I don't know how much longer I can say that...but right now we have a #1 WR, regardless of how long he's been out, and he's playing for his life. Believe it or not, I'm not worried about Josh THIS year. No, I'm worried about him over the offseason. When he's by himself...away from the team. 

We could've had a new team. We SHOULD'VE had a new team. But once again the fans are left with nothing. We are left with Kizer who doesn't score touchdowns. Who can't throw a touchdown. Who is proving to be the worst qb in the league. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

I don't believe this is accurate.

Why would one team and one team only be responsible for forwarding both teams' paperwork to the league?  Seems that it would make more sense that they both send their own paperwork in and the league determines that both sides have agreed to the same parameters. 

And if they wanted to do it differently, that's fine too.  Point is... Per current league definitions, all teams have agreed that there is NO paperwork standard.  So on each trade both sides have to determine BOTH the paperwork sequence in addition to the deal.

Teams agreed, and the Bengals didn't do what they had just agreed to do.  That's a very different issue than debating whether the process is optimal or not.

12 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Or not!

So....you are saying that there was a conspiracy.....but it was not perpetrated by the Browns FO who basically objected to the trade and sabotaged it......but it was by the Bengals FO...who really didn't want to make the trade, and ergo it was they who committed the sabotage?

Possible.     Because, FYI....in their history the Browns and Bengals have NEVER made a single trade.....due to Mike Brown's attitude.   I wonder if that still held over for this first time deal that was attempted?

On November 2, 2017 at 11:15 AM, D Bone said:

You're gonna ride this all the way aren't you? And when changes are inevitably made....... BECAUSE THE TEAM CAN'T WIN A SINGLE PHUCKING GAME, then all we will hear from you is how it's all our faults that the poor beleaguered Brain Trust unjustly got run out of town by the big, bad, mean ol' fans and had absolutely nothing to do with their on field performance. 

I know I am... Yippie-ki-yay, motherflucker...

Archived