THE BROWNS BOARD

AJ McCarron

LondonBrown

I see your point but Sashi has produced a young roster with some really good players on defense and a good O line 

We have a boatload of picks to get our QB and offense sorted. The issues are crippling at the moment because it’s all on one side of the ball. 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Then again keep in mind that you'd have to be pretty stupid to give away a franchise quarterback when your starter is as old as Tom Brady or you seem to have questions about your starter in Andy Dalton.

WSS

Jimmy G wasnt gonna stay in New England past this year. They wanted to keep him but he wants to play. The Pats were just getting some value for him.

26 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Somebody needs to lose their job over this. We are the laughing stock of ALL professional sports, not just the NFL!

Mike

They need to make a statement ASAP that's for sure. I don't believe a good portion of this but it makes the Browns look really dumb.

Update

via Rotoworld

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports there was a "disconnect" between the Browns' front office and coaching staff regarding Bengals QB A.J. McCarron.

Despite the disconnect, the Browns were ready to surrender second- and third-round picks for McCarron's services on Tuesday. The league office confirmed the deal was not confirmed because of a "paperwork issue." Truly unbelievable. The "disconnect" almost certainly stemmed from McCarron's ex-OC Hue Jackson overvaluing him in the eyes of the Browns' front office. Sashi Brown and Paul DePodesta are probably breathing a sigh of relief, while Jackson is likely fuming. The Browns' disastrous 1-23 record on Jackson's watch can hardly be laid at his feet, but it's seeming increasingly likely he won't be around to finish the (never-ending) rebuild.
Related: Browns

It’s now being reported it was the Bengals fault.

The paperwork they filed was the one signed by only them and not both parties as is required. 

If you believe the FO is so busy high fiving a trade that they forget to call the NFL then I have London bridge to sell you. 

2 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

The paperwork they filed was the one signed by only them and not both parties as is required. 

If you believe the FO is so busy high fiving a trade that they forget to call the NFL then I have London bridge to sell you. 

Ha, everyone knows that bridge fell down...

10 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

We have a boatload of picks to get our QB and offense sorted. The issues are crippling at the moment because it’s all on one side of the ball. 

The FO has already drafted 4 WRs and 2 QBs and swung and missed, but they'll sudden'y strike gold on the next set?

I'm thinking they're more likely to strike pyrite instead...... 

4 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Link?

8 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

It’s from Mary Kay Cabot on twitter 

Yes I saw this tweet wonder if its right, I think I would like that to be true more than we screwed it up even though I am not high on AJ personally as a long term option.

3 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

This stinks of Hue doing his mate Marvin another favour like he did with the Carson Palmer trade. Or trying to. 

Id fire him tonight. He’s done nothing to help Kizer (his pick) and his time management is beyond pathetic. He’s not helping develop these young players. 

Cognitive dissonance? Or are you pro-Sashi but not Hue?

4 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Cognitive dissonance? Or are you pro-Sashi but not Hue?

I’ve given up on Hue. If the FO did agree to him offering the Bengals a 2 and a 3 then I have serious reservations about them going forward. 

I have a hard time believing this FO would offer that for someone that’s not thrown a pass in two years and is a RFA in 2018. It doesn’t make any sense to me and flies in the face of what they’ve done to date. 

Whoever is to “blame” for the Browns not throwing away a 2nd and 3rd on the guy who can’t beat out Andy Dalton is my hero.

people think this is embarrassing? The browns have spent a 2nd and a 3rd on 2 back up QBs, now they want to give up a 2nd and a 3rd on just one??? THATS embarrassing. 

Just now, RoyceRolls said:

Whoever is to “blame” for the Browns not throwing away a 2nd and 3rd on the guy who can’t beat out Andy Dalton is my hero.

people think this is embarrassing? The browns have spent a 2nd and a 3rd on 2 back up QBs, now they want to give up a 2nd and a 3rd on just one??? THATS embarrassing. 

Oh there are several layers to this feces cake. They somehow were so bad at doing their jobs that they very likely stumbled backwards into doing the correct thing...for the wrong reasons.

34 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Oh there are several layers to this feces cake. They somehow were so bad at doing their jobs that they very likely stumbled backwards into doing the correct thing...for the wrong reasons.

That's what makes it so funny. They double Brownsed it up!:lol:

6 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Andy Dalton blows and McCarron can’t beat him out. 

^^^ This the discussion on ESPN said it best. The Bengals view Dalton as an an "average" QB at best. McCarron can't beat him out, and we're willing to toss more at the Bengals for McCarron than the 49ers did for Garropolo? Insanity. 

6 hours ago, D Bone said:

Bafoons.PNG

an insult to the Stooges...  

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Btw, mccarron is not a horrible idea just wondering what we were gonna give fir him

WAY too much....   Sometimes the best trades are the ones you never make... 

I'm getting close to saying blow the entire dysfunctional mess up again.... 

Yes the trade attempt with the Bungles was real.  As well as Braylee Jackson slamming the FO on Twitter. She says you can't do anything without picking up a phone. True.

And I can't help but wonder what all this did for Kizer's confidence levels.  

A huge disconnect between Stoshthepudpuller and Hue has been going on for some time now. 

Thank you Jimmy stupidhillbilly!

13 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Sashi took a lesson from Hue on clock management.

You win. We can stop playing now. 

Here's the problem. It doesn't MATTER whose fault it was, it's just another example of how we screwed the donkey and we look absolutely ridiculous...again. 

I pretty much hate everything to do with our team right now. The thought of watching Kizer play more games makes me want to vomit, and what's worse is the impending feeling of doom due to the fact we're probably going to blow it all up again. I'm not saying it's what I want, but I feel it coming. 

Archived