THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

Oh Lawd!!! 

Smoked Beef Ribs.  Did a killer dry rub combo pictured here- two of them found at your local Trader Joe’s.  2 hours uncovered, 1 hour wrapped in foil and sprayed with apple cider vinegar, last hour unwrapped. Smoker sat between 250-275 the whole time.    Last hour you could throw your own BBQ sauce on it- I prefer a dry rub. 

Good practice for the Fall bringing this one back.  

B4F32DBF-E780-417D-9387-C5049C9C9D42.jpeg

934469C2-E5A6-4801-9FD0-494A13C8B1C8.jpeg

80BB6D3E-D5DD-4772-82A2-EF33AB111B33.jpeg

• Thanks 2

On 8/28/2022 at 8:55 PM, SdBacker80 said:

Oh Lawd!!! 

Smoked Beef Ribs.  Did a killer dry rub combo pictured here- two of them found at your local Trader Joe’s.  2 hours uncovered, 1 hour wrapped in foil and sprayed with apple cider vinegar, last hour unwrapped. Smoker sat between 250-275 the whole time.    Last hour you could throw your own BBQ sauce on it- I prefer a dry rub. 

Good practice for the Fall bringing this one back.  

B4F32DBF-E780-417D-9387-C5049C9C9D42.jpeg

934469C2-E5A6-4801-9FD0-494A13C8B1C8.jpeg

80BB6D3E-D5DD-4772-82A2-EF33AB111B33.jpeg

Looks great! I like to spritz them with a mix of 1 cup white vinegar to 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot. Does not make them too spicy. Like you I don’t do bbq on my beef ribs. I also love using coffee as a component in my rub. I do that for back ribs, plate ribs and brisket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A little tailgate warmup this past weekend. Finally had a chance to fire up the smoker. Jamaican jerk pork belly kabobs on a warm sweet and spicy cabbage and pepper slaw. A keto take on Jamaican oxtail stew subbing in black soy bean for the traditional butter beans. Smoked the oxtail for a couple hours then threw them in the stew mix to braise in the smoker. Both were money. Going forward all my jerk pork will be belly like this. Oxtails were a first for me  very rich and beefy  pricey though considering it’s mostly bone  next time I do the dish I will likely sub in short ribs  367AC019-3F71-4A68-858C-632C10FF87A5.thumb.jpeg.514375b5586f3042ec10fae7c42e4595.jpeg408730B0-AE43-41FD-9684-7F2A7B5A88C8.thumb.jpeg.4a05afb53a9bbd08d93d9afec4ad5d09.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Looks great! I like to spritz them with a mix of 1 cup white vinegar to 1/4 cup Frank’s red hot. Does not make them too spicy. Like you I don’t do bbq on my beef ribs. I also love using coffee as a component in my rub. I do that for back ribs, plate ribs and brisket. 

They were tasty.   I normally cook them at a lower temp but I liked the extra smoke at the higher temp.  I’m going to try to Franks red hot on the next burn.  Thanks for the tip. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2020 at 9:14 PM, Tour2ma said:

Local BBQ place did some pork belly Asian-style as a weekly special three or so weeks back.

I dubbed it "Meat Candy"...

Sweet... spicy... smokey... juicy.... crunchy...

It was indescribably delicious... way better than a Mounds bar.

A post from 9/20/2020 from our friend Tour.   

• Haha 1

Here's  a simple  5 ingredient   ◆  GAMEDAY. ◆   or any day quick and easy meal.

Want a quick and easy recipe  try our  5 INGREDIENT PIZZA BAKE.  And don't forget to check  ✔️  out the Notes at the bottom of the page for more handy information. 

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

SERVES  8   ◆   COOK TIME  20 MINUTES     

Our 5-Ingredient Pizza Bake delivers lots of pizzeria flavor, without having to send for take-out! With an easy-to-make crust, this one is literally foolproof!

✔️     What You'll Need

• 1/2 cups pancake and biscuit mix
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 (14-ounce) jar pizza sauce
  • 1 (6-ounce) package sliced pepperoni
  • 1 (7-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese

✔️     What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir biscuit mix and water until soft dough forms. Drop half of dough by spoonfuls evenly into bottom of baking dish. (Dough will not completely cover bottom of dish.)
  3. Spoon 1 cup pizza sauce over dough. Arrange 1/2 the pepperoni slices and 1/2 the mushrooms evenly over sauce. Top with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers with remaining dough, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mushrooms, and cheese.
  4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve.

✔️     Notes

• Freezer instructions: Follow steps 1-4 above (do not cut into squares). Allow pizza bake to cool. Then cover with several layers of foil and freeze. When ready to eat, place recipe in fridge to thaw 24 hours in advance. Reheat, serve, and enjoy! Click here for more tip on freezing our recipes.

5-Ingredient-Pizza-Bake_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1023360-1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Game day food at my place yesterday. Chicken shawarma marinaded overnight, stacked on the Trompo King spit and smoked in the Lang with cherry wood. Shaved onto wraps with traditional accompaniments. Garlic spread, cucumber, tomato, pink pickles (pickled turnips), harissa tahini sauce and a little parsley. Made the sauce and pink pickles. Was different and people loved it. 6CB76AD9-625F-496B-BE4C-8E4B06920D08.thumb.jpeg.33ad46a69df7f69d65542728fe08f94e.jpeg0B90AD98-6329-44C4-950C-646DF8BB5BCF.thumb.jpeg.39e1bb88126b5a322f4f7b5d9fc1e232.jpegC41E5E7E-8B03-4681-B0B5-D04ABEEE3EDB.thumb.jpeg.f65db3b90e728a3d15685049d9daa94b.jpeg

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, jcam222 said:

Thanks!! It was sure better than my fantasy teams lol 

Yeah, I pulled an 0-2 start.  Thought I had a shot in one of them, on to week 2.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

With this sudden cool weather here in NE OHIO it brings back the soups, stews and casseroles which always go well with the   ★ GAMEDAY ★  meals.   They just go great with football   🏈   and fall meals.....and makes the house smell good too.

Today we just finished the last of her Beef Stew with Red Wine recipe ummm-ummm  good to the last reheated bowl......with Italian bread and butter of course. 

~AND~  I have a nice, quick and delicious  GAMEDAY  meal coming up as soon as I get it ready.  See you again  soon !

And here's the pizza I made two weekends ago for my guy's weekend in the wilds of NW Pennsylvania. I made meatball subs for all the guys except one, who is a vegetarian, so I made him a cherry pepper, red onion and sun dried tomato pizza. 

pizza guys weekend.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Made a road trip to our favorite pizza joint, all the way in Wooster, The Coccia House. 

I think it should be the official pizza of the Browns, I mean, just look at their color scheme!

Been in business for over 60 years.  

coccia house box.jpeg

coccia house pizza.jpeg

That looks delicious!  I like pizza crust and cheese well done/darkened like you see at the very top of the pizza in the middle (the 2 pieces on the left and the 1st piece to the right). I miss the pizza where I was raised in Western, NY - and that picture reminds me of it.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Flugel said:

That looks delicious!  I like pizza crust and cheese well done/darkened like you see at the very top of the pizza in the middle (the 2 pieces on the left and the 1st piece to the right). I miss the pizza where I was raised in Western, NY - and that picture reminds me of it.  

That looks like a real homemade Italian pizza....not the perfectly round franchise joints with exactly 3 pieces of pepperoni per slice, etc, etc.

It's worth it to look for and buy the true homemade Italian food places....if you can still find any.  NE Ohio used to be fantastic for good ma & PA shops there still are some out there.  I unfortunately can remember a lot that are no longer around.   Bon Appétit. (in any language) 

Another one of our  ★ GAMEDAY  ★ or anyday favorites  and so quick and easy  SPINACH AND CHEESE STROMBOLI,   ummm-ummm  delicious.   

And  WOW,  almost  61,000  views,  thank you everyone.   :)

Want something for a lunch or a dinner snack  -or-  a great  ★ GAMEDAY ★ go along that's sure to be a hit well try our ◆ SPINACH AND CHEESE STROMBOLI  ◆ .  One of our favorites ummm-ummm  and done in 15 minutes  but you better plan ahead for seconds.    And be sure to check  ✔️  out our kitchen  tips and recipes below. 

SERVES 2    COOK TIME  just  15 MINUTES   for ??  so plan ahead to feed the whole gang.       

Need  something that's classically Italian? Try our  SPINACH AND CHEESE STROMBOLI. Refrigerated pizza dough is our shortcut to making this tasty meal in less than 15 minutes. It's a quick and easy vegetarian stromboli recipe that's guaranteed to fill you up. We're sure you'll agree, this simple Italian dinner is unquestionably tasty. 

✔️    What You'll Need  but plan ahead...

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (13.8-ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough

✔️    What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add spinach and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until garlic is golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
  3. In a large bowl, combine ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, the oregano, and salt. Add spinach mixture and stir until well blended.
  4. Unroll pizza dough and with your fingertips or the heel of your hand, spread dough out to a 10- x 15-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise to make two 5- x 15-inch rectangles. Spread half the spinach mixture onto each piece of dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Fold each piece of dough over and pinch the edges to seal securely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
  5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or or until golden brown.    Oh yeah !

✔️     Check This Out!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

And What's Up Next ?  How about:

Pizzeria-Style Stromboli 

★ Spinach and cheese stromboli, looks so ummm-ummm delicious......

Spinach-and-Cheese-Stromboli-updated_Large400_ID-3415831.jpg

outside of panfish fillets deep fried with a coating of milk and coated with Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour....

(the seasoned flour I discovered some years ago - we were tent camping in Kentucky, coming back from Florida, and fried up our bluegills and perch), I think I would like to try these again.

Different. I had a friend whose family came to America from Lebanon, and she gave me a plate of them...they were great.

The fillings are various - we don't care for green peppers, but these are rolled up grape leaves with stuffing inside. I don't know where you go to guy grape leaves, lol, but we have them on our farm.

However NOTE: there is a grape vine that is poisonous - the poison one has grapes with only ONE bigger seed inside, and the leaves are different a good bit. So, only pick grapes and leaves with several seeds inside.

https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com/2018/05/stuffed-grape-leaves-recipe.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

outside of panfish fillets deep fried with a coating of milk and coated with Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour....

(the seasoned flour I discovered some years ago - we were tent camping in Kentucky, coming back from Florida, and fried up our bluegills and perch), I think I would like to try these again.

Different. I had a friend whose family came to America from Lebanon, and she gave me a plate of them...they were great.

The fillings are various - we don't care for green peppers, but these are rolled up grape leaves with stuffing inside. I don't know where you go to guy grape leaves, lol, but we have them on our farm.

However NOTE: there is a grape vine that is poisonous - the poison one has grapes with only ONE bigger seed inside, and the leaves are different a good bit. So, only pick grapes and leaves with several seeds inside.

https://homemade-recipes.blogspot.com/2018/05/stuffed-grape-leaves-recipe.html

That reminds me  a lot  of when I went panfish and crappie fishing  (occasionally a small or large mouth bass) at the Liberty Lake in Girard and McKinley Heights, Ohio   out behind our house where I grew up way back when.

Get a stringer full of nice 10"-12"+  crappies,  walk home and fillet them in our garage and fry them up and eat them.....or occasionally in the freezer for a BIG fish fry later with mom and grandma and her special coatings or whatever doing the cookin'..

Ummm-ummm  that was really delicious  !      :D

• Upvote 1

On September 28, 2022, my birthday  my wife who is a great cook, made us a special and very simple meal and almost all on the grill.  

Two marinated steelhead trout filets along with some garden tomatoes and some thin asparagus spears which were sprayed with olive oil spray and sea salt and a little bit of pepper.   Placed upon a  grilling rack and on to the preheated grill they went.

They were grilled lightly until just heated through and then combined with an Asian rice with vegetables  dish she had pre-made and were added to complete the meal. 

Light, simple and really delicious,  ummm-ummm. 

For  dessert we had some  homemade brownies with a peanut spread and topped with a chocolate topping.  And   in a 9 x 12 baking dish which after cooking  were layered on top with a peanut butter spread and topped with a chocolate topping spread.     Oh God good   and plenty left for snacks later and tomorrow.   Into the refrigerator they went until then.  

I can't wait for coffee and brownies today.   Simple,  quick and easy  along with really delicious for any birthday or other special occasion.    :D

20220928_191037.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

On September 28, 2022, my birthday  my wife who is a great cook, made us a special and very simple meal and almost all on the grill.  

Two marinated steelhead trout fillets along with some garden tomatoes and some thin asparagus spears which were sprayed with olive oil spray and sea salt and a little bit of pepper.   Placed upon a  grilling rack and on to the preheated grill they went.

They were grilled lightly until gust heated through and then combined with an Asian rice with vegetables  dish she had pre-made and were added to complete the meal. 

Light, simple and really delicious,  ummm-ummm. 

For dessert we had some homemade brownies in a 9 x 12 baking dish which after cooking  were layered on top with a peanut butter spread and topped with a chocolate topping spread.     Oh God good   and plenty left for snacks later and tomorrow.   Into the refrigerator they went until then.  

I can't wait for coffee and brownies today.   Simple,  quick and easy  along with really delicious for any birthday or other special occasion.    :D

20220928_191037.jpeg

Happy Birthday.

I think your wife loves you cooking a healthy meal like that she wants to keep you around. 

• Like 1

Another one of our  favorite recipes  a great family meal or a great. ★  GAMEDAY   ★  quick and easy  side dish.   

Looking for a good, quick and easy recipe for a family day or  ★ GAMEDAY ★  get-together.  How about a delicious PIZZERIA-STYLE STROMBOLI  done in no time.    You don't need to leave your kitchen to make a pizzeria-worthy stromboli  and check  out the delicious recipes  listed below.

MAKES  4   ◆   SERVING SIZE  1  STROMBOLI   ◆   COOK TIME  10 MINUTES 

You don't need to leave your kitchen to make a pizzeria-worthy stromboli. These "bake" perfectly in your air fryer! You see, the air fryer allows hot air to circulate all around the stromboli, which results in a crunchy-on-the-outside, yet tender-on-the-inside crust. Plus, there's all the molten meat and cheese filling too. In the end, you get to enjoy a really delicious, authentic-tasting stromboli! 

What You'll Need

• 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
  • 16 slices thinly sliced deli salami
  • 1 cup spinach leaves
  • 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
  • 8 slices provolone cheese
  • 1/4 cup Italian dressing, divided
  • Cooking Spray
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
  • Parmesan cheese for sprinkling   
  1. Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F. Unroll pizza dough on a cutting board and cut into 4 equal-sized rectangles.
  2. Layer each piece of dough evenly with salami, spinach, red peppers, provolone cheese, and 1 tablespoon Italian dressing. Starting at the long edge of dough, roll up jelly roll-style. Spray top of each with cooking spray, then evenly sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
  3. Coat air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place 2 stromboli in basket and air-fry for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining stromboli. After the second 2 are done, place first 2 back in for 1 minute to warm up.

Check This Out!

If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

Pizzeria-Style-Stromboli_Large400_ID-3361067.jpg

Spinach-and-Cheese-Stromboli-updated_Large400_ID-3415831.jpg

Edited by mjp28

~ AND ~  any questions or comments about the above TWO PICTURES  just ask. 

We will be try and  get you a prompt  answer  as soon as possible.  

PLUS  ~  ♡♡   Thank  you  for your for your interest in  GAMEDAY  meals and recipes !  ♡♡ ~

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Today smoked brisket 12 hours at 225° in pecan smoke. Wrapped in foil with Irish butter later cooked at 250-300 another three hours. Perfect.

20221008_100622.jpg

20221008_100429.jpg

20221009_142419.jpg

20221009_143511.jpg

damn that looks good  also anyone here from MJP kinda strange he was not here on gameday

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

damn that looks good  also anyone here from MJP kinda strange he was not here on gameday

I'm here now....was  kind of sick, missed the whole first  half....but saw the whole unbelievable ending.....Geeezzzus H Christmas,!   What a blown game !!!  

But I had an   absolutely delicious    stuffed acorn squash  (like a stuffed pepper)  in the oven and some buttered Italian bread..... Oh yeah !     Right after the game. 

Now if I don't  still barf  it up after that debauchery of a football game.      :lol:

• Haha 1

OK  guys and gals here's a   recipe that may be too good for your   ★ GAMEDAY  ★   friends but what the heck  spoil them a bit at your next steak or chops  grilling outing.   Great for a family cookout too.  Bon appetit  !  

Subject: NJ's TRI-MUSHROOM BORDELAISE, one of our old favorites !

Hi everyone here is a recipe the way my wife Nancy makes one of my favorite dishes. .  It is like a TRI-MUSHROOM  dish we had many years ago at The SPRINGFIELD GRILL for 11 years when Michael Alberini ran it.  When Michael left to do other restaurant ventures the new management removed it AND a lot of other items for a smaller menu.  

Shortly after that we moved on and have not returned to The Springfield  Grill since.  But I wanted to see if my wife could put a recipe together on paper of how she makes her BORDELAISE  version for us and that we could share with all of you.   I'm hungry for it again  and  here it is   -again-   for you.   Bon Appétit. Michael. 

Subject: NJ's TRI-MUSHROOM BORDELAISE, one of our old favorites !

Hi everyone, here is one of my favorite mushroom dishes......oh NJ is my wife, a great scratch cook 

NJ's TRI-MUSHROOM BORDELAISE for steaks and chops or as a side dish, serves 4

In a one quart saucepan:
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 Tbsp flour 
Cook together in saucepan stirring often until lightly browned 

Dry ingredients:
1 1/2 Tbsp minced onions or shallots
1 Tbsp minced dry parsley
1 Bay leaf
1/4 tsp thyme crushed
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper

Add dry ingredients to the butter and flour. Then slowly stir in:
10 1/2 oz. Beef broth
3/4 cup good red wine

Increase heat to medium high; cook stirring constantly until thick; remove Bay leaf

Add sauce to mushrooms that have been sautéed in butter; add snipped Parsley to garnish
1 cup Portabella mushrooms (a very large, rich-flavored cremini mushroom, often grilled, broiled, or sautéed)
1 cup Button mushrooms (a young unopened white mushroom)
1 cup Shiitake mushrooms (a large, meaty, black or dark brown mushroom)

*edit - adding a crushed clove of garlic to dry ingredients is optional....and also pretty good

Then enjoy as a steak or chop topping or as a side dish,  mmm-mmm.   

2ed24678cf3b2bdac65de7b88e874a9e.jpg

NOTE :  I have a section on the above recipe that was copied from my original recipe that I just can't delete.

8ve done these things forever  -but-  I'm stumped on this now at 6:43 am.  Bear with me on this and try the recipe  it's good !   mjp.  

....... edit add.  Got it,  I just had to go to the  edit mode to highlight the section and hit the back space arrow.  I do that every  day I'm online.   Chalk it up to lack of sleep.    :lol:

Now  NJ's TRI-MUSHROOM BORDELAISE  try it you'll like it.  mjp.   Time for some sleep.

Edited by mjp28

• 4 weeks later...

Not enough food posts lately….

Reverse-Seared Steak…first time for me. 

I Found a couple of thick steaks.  Seasoned them well the night before.  Salt, Pepper and Garlic…and some Fresh rosemary.  Make sure to rest them outside of the fridge for at least and hour.   Set the oven to 250.  Baked them for 25 mins (medium rare) add five more minutes for medium.

Fire up the grill when the steaks are in the oven - crank it on high.  Transfer the steaks from the oven to the grill…2 mins on each side.

Flavorful and good moisture/juice distribution.    ...... edit add, you need your steaks to look like this.  ♥︎ 52B9B175-0A99-4FC3-A09D-EBC36AC7C6D8.jpeg

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Not enough food posts lately….   YES, you're right.   ♥︎

Reverse-Seared Steak…first time for me. 

I Found a couple of thick steaks.  Seasoned them well the night before.  Salt, Pepper and Garlic…and some Fresh rosemary.  Make sure to rest them outside of the fridge for at least and hour.   Set the oven to 250.  Baked them for 25 mins (medium rare) add five more minutes for medium.

Fire up the grill when the steaks are in the oven - crank it on high.  Transfer the steaks from the oven to the grill…2 mins on each side.

Flavorful and good moisture/juice distribution.

Yes I've been really busy the last few months   -but-   November should be a lot easier.

I'm working on a few good ones which should be up soon.   ;)

40 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes I've been really busy the last few months   -but-   November should be a lot easier.

I'm working on a few good ones which should be up soon.   ;)

Thank you Sir!!!  Take your time.   I’ve grabbed multiple recipes on here I can wait for some other good ones