THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Rosen?

jrb12711

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

You keep ignoring that second part so you can keep trotting out your "WHY IS ROSEN GETTING A PASS ON HIS CHARACTER"? so somehow your boy Baker is some kind of martyr on this board.

actually, he doesn't suck near as much as you think he does. Because he's Brees height, you hate him too, but you ignore everything he's done and that he's going to win the national championship while rosen sits in his hot tub, tweeting about how he won't enter the draft if the Browns take him.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

actually, he doesn't suck near as much as you think he does. Because he's Brees height, you hate him too, but you ignore everything he's done and that he's going to win the national championship while rosen sits in his hot tub, tweeting about how he won't enter the draft if the Browns take him.

Saying he's an inferior prospect than Rosen is "he doesn't suck near as much as you think he does" in your mind? Is that how debate works with you? Completely twist what other people say to fit your agenda? Fascinating.

I'm sorry I do not like the guy you are infatuated with as much as you do. It happens sometimes still.

I think Rosen will be a better pro then Mayfield. 

It has nothing to do with character for me. It has to do with his size and skills

They both have off the field stuff. And the skills are better with Rosen. So  that’s why  I like Rosen better

Plus Mayfield plays against defenses that inflate Qb stats. 

14 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Josh Rosen literally said nothing. Jesus Christ people, try for more than 10 second to critically read something.

He did say he wanted to play for the giants. He also said he didn't want to play for the Browns.

He said it privately, but he did say it. Schefter is not the type of dude to make Sheet up.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/story/_/id/21863509/josh-rosen-prefers-new-york-giants-cleveland-browns-hesitate-enter-draft-cleveland-commits-him

If Hue is still here, I wouldn’t blame ANY Qb from wanting to NOT play here

Hue is the WORST HEAD COACH OF ALL-TIME

59 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

He did say he wanted to play for the giants. He also said he didn't want to play for the Browns.

He said it privately, but he did say it. Schefter is not the type of dude to make Sheet up.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/story/_/id/21863509/josh-rosen-prefers-new-york-giants-cleveland-browns-hesitate-enter-draft-cleveland-commits-him

Honestly dude just Shmucking stop, you're being an extreme detriment to the board. Be objective and realize this garbage comes out and is rarely true. Remember when Darnold wasn't going to come out, reported by schefter for the same reason? You also remember how Darnold said that wasn't true? There's no downside to reporting a rumor, which is all this is.

We get it, you don't like the guy. But report and comment on objective reporting, do better.

22 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

We get it, you don't like the guy. But report and comment on objective reporting, do better.

lol i was just stating facts dude. Schefter is a legitimate source. 

I can't fathom why you can't accept that :

A.) Rosen is quite possibly an a$$hole 

B.) Rosen said he didn't want to play for the Browns

We all know he's the best QB prospect, but like I said, he'll probably pull an Elway.

34 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

What he(or darnold) wants is not particularly relevant.  There is a CBA and draft and it is what it is.  We are going to take one of them #1 and they'll just have to deal.

good point, if in fact he did really say it, hell change his tune when he sees the $$$$$

17 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

You first.

I acknowledge your admission that you've got no evidence - but then you cite "article after article" which have equally fact-free assertions.. as though some amorphous entity's pre-existing stupidity creates reality?

Nope. You've got nothing and they've got nothing.. period. 

You want to cite articles? Go for it. Each article you link I'll show you why they have nothing.. And when there's no articles left, your assertion that there's a Mass Of Articles falls apart.. and your justification for believing negative stuff about Rosen.. vanishes.

Think it through.... without the "asserted societal conclusion" the entire notion that there is a problem with Rosen falls apart.

This stuff about Rosen is from Starting A Rumor 101..

If I'm trying to get a rumor started, I say "I Heard Someone Else Say XYZ" when in reality I'm the only one saying XYZ.  Then the naive person who hears this runs around asking everyone "Who Is Saying This XYZ About Me/Whoever" ... when in reality now they're the one actively spreading the rumor because it wasn't a thing before I said it.. and now they're trying to find out "Who Was Saying This Before."  This is precisely how evil people get dumb/naive/gullible/simple people to do their bidding and do actively evil things.  The entire point is to get everyone running around asking Who Is Saying XYZ... because after a while people will believe that simply because they're saying that someone else is saying XYZ... it must actually be a thing.

This is exactly what happened with McQueary and Schiano --- the guy who McQueary asserted was Saying Something about Schiano testified that McQueary's assertion was a lie -- and the UT fans didn't believe him, they believed McQueary.. because society is actually now geared towards trying to "Take Someone Down"

Groupthink stupidity is a societal problem not just with Rosen... people are too eager to believe fact-free nonsense

If it's just a bunch of made up nothing, why do none of the other prospects have this going on? Why did every single one of his fans that I met confirm the reports? As stillmotion said, not everything is citeable. Sometimes it's word of mouth. At some point you have to wonder why this many stories are coming out. 

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, look. Josh Rosen's arrogance, demeanor, etc....

cost him a chance to go to Stanford.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ucla-bruins-stanford-cardinal-josh-rosen-dream-school-101515

CNrlDcvVAAA6TCI.jpg:large

Clearly made up, because that would benefit someone else...

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

You neglected to mention that he's missing the game because of a concussion he suffered AND throw in an anti-gay slur at the same time.

Well played. I can see why you were such a big Rush Limbaugh fan - seeing that misinformation and bigotry (with some hypocrisy) is kind of his thing.

You're a dork.

4 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I never agree with War, but this time I'm fully backing him. This is 100x true. I've never met so many people dislike their college QB. My friend who teaches at UCLA's friend is a Jewish professor (UCLA) and hated Rosen because of the way the kid treated him, that's unheard of.

Like I said, he's a spoiled rich kid from California, and he'd probably refuse to play in cold Cleveland because he's a punk.

If he kid already acts like he's "better than everyone else", do you expect him to be the hardest working Cleveland Brown?

Say whatever you want, but I speculate Rosen will be a bust simply because he's an pooper even his fans hate.

Mayfield will be a success in the NFL simply because he's an pooper all his fans love. #teammayfield

Not everything in life can be cited. Seeing the kid play, seeing the kids hate him is one thing for war. It's a red flag, and if you think it isn't and doesn't matter at all, and Rosen leaves the Browns after we draft him and goes to Denver, i'll be saying I told you so.

Essentially you're saying let's check someone's resume, and it looks great, but when you check the references, no one wants to be around him. You check his facebook and he has no friends. You check his wife or girlfriend, and she makes Carson Wentz's look like Heidi Klum.

He's a punk indeed. A punk with great talent. I don't mind us drafting him, but let's just recognize he might be a complete disaster.

the more I think about it, it was probably someone on the Giants that leaked that hot rumor.

2 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

It won’t matter who the QB is next if Hue is still here we will go 0-16 again

might be correct there

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

It has nothing to do with character for me. It has to do with his size and skills

They both have off the field stuff. And the skills are better with Rosen. So  that’s why  I like Rosen better

Do you realize the excuses for losing are already flying off your finger tips for Rosen. I saw Rosen twice this year and he lost both times (Memphis State and USC).  Meanwhile Baker Mayfield gets just as much credit for lighting up Ohio State's Defense as DeShaun Watson got.  And it wasn't like Mayfield had a lights out defense.   He was just good enough to make it not matter as much as it did at UCLA.

I remembered back when Tim Couch threw 5 TD passes vrs Florida.  That would have been nice if Florida didn't score about 56 points after getting off to something like a 21-0 or 28-0 lead.  And, Jay Cutler became another SEC Player of the Year for junk time stats in games his college team didn't compete well enough in the first half.  That carried over to the Denver Broncos for the king of junk time stats. 

4 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Mayfield is a risky pick.  I'm not sure any QB who's first NFL start is starting week 1 for the 2018 Cleveland Browns isn't insanely risky.

If possible I'd have no issue with giving Kirk Cousins legit free agent money.

This is all just posturing by the Rosen camp.  They'll now of course deny it and will never fess up that they leaked it.  In reality, he'd be a fool to go back to college as he'll only give the skeptics another year to find his flaws and likely ruin his chance to be the number one pick.  The NFL and the NFLPA shouldn't let a college player dictate the draft, but after letting guys like Elway and Eli Manning manipulate the system, the cat is out of the bag.

All that being said, why would the kid every want to come to this historically bad $h!+ show?

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Hey all this chatter just makes it more likely someone nay want to move up in a deep qb class. Im fine with it. Rosens my top choice but if hevreally wants to go to the giants thats fine. We move down to #3 and still get darnold or someone else. Cause SF wont go qb with the #2 cause they gave garrapolo

Giants are clearly #2 now down 23-0. SF won again today. Houston now in the #5 spot at least till they play tomorrow.

No matter if you don't declare to this draft, looking at the team: We will scout you, we will find you, and we will draft you.

Archived