THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's just lame TC. Rookie qb succeed in the NFL because they're the best of the best- just like rookies at every other position. NFL average talent level is way higher. Bum NFL corners were studs at their respective colleges.

And Manziel literally won the award for being the best of the best.

For a minute I thought Gip had gone to the darkside... but well [played, sir...

Here is a set of Trivia about Johnny Football....and about Jon Football, and John Football. All about football players named Johnny...and even a few about JP Manziel as well.

1. Who is the QB name John(ny) with the most career passing yards? Elway seems right...

3. He is the only John(ny) in the Top 20 all time in career rushing yards. Name him. gotta be Riggins

6. Name those QBs named John(ny) who are in the Pro Football HOF? Elway, Unitas,

11. Name ... these Johns:

A. Born in Minnesota, coached at Cal Poly, never had a losing season as a HC in the NFL. Won a Super Bowl. Name that John: Madden

B. Born in New Jersey, played at Delaware St., 2 time All Pro. Caught game winning TD in Super Bowl. Name that John:

C. Born in Louisiana, never learned to read or write so well, sat beneath trees by railroad tracks, got his name in lights: Name that John: played a guitar like ringing a bell? B. Goode?

12. Name all those Head Coaches named John who have coached in a Super Bowl (win or lose): Rousch(?), Madden, Gruden, Harbaugh... Does Jimmy John-son count?

14. Besides Johnny Manziel, name the 6 other Heisman Trophy winners whose names were John.

Can I use John David Crow now? ;) , Capeletti, Rogers,

15. A. Name all those QBs whose name was John who started a Super Bowl. Elway, Unitas,

B. Name all those QBs whose name was Joe who started a Super Bowl. Theisman, Nameth, Kapp, Montana, Flacco

C. Name all those QBs whose name was Jim who started a Super Bowl. Plunkett, Kelly, McMahon,

D. Name all those QBs who name was Jeff who started a Super Bowl. Hostetler (sp?),

E. Name any other QB whose name began with a J that started a Super Bowl. Jake Delhomme,

And Manziel literally won the award for being the best of the best.

Now have I done any Manziel bashing lately? BTW so were Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch and Chris Weinke. Just winning the Heisman is no automatic ticket to NFL stardom. Just sayin'. :)

If Manziel would have played 4 years, theres a good chance he goes down as the best college QB of all time.

Only a JM hater would not think is already is... :)

Now have I done any Manziel bashing lately? BTW so were Tim Tebow, Troy Smith, Matt Leinart, Jason White, Eric Crouch and Chris Weinke. Just winning the Heisman is no automatic ticket to NFL stardom. Just sayin'. :)

But you literally just said rookie QB's succeed in the NFL because they're the best of the best. Or was that wrong?

It could totally be fake. I just saw it on another board so I posted here. I mean there's an inflatable swan ... I had to

Apparently people put him at the event and there are pictures of him wearing the same clothes from earlier in the day

He was at the event but all the pictures I have seen were with him wearing a striped shirt. Another poster questioned the picture (taken from rear with Cavs hat on) at NBA finals game and that was when the same clothes (striped shirt) statement was made I believe. Deadspin published the swan picture but with the qualification that they could not verify authenticity.

For a minute I thought Gip had gone to the darkside... but well [played, sir...

Here is a set of Trivia about Johnny Football....and about Jon Football, and John Football. All about football players named Johnny...and even a few about JP Manziel as well.

1. Who is the QB name John(ny) with the most career passing yards? Elway seems right... Check

3. He is the only John(ny) in the Top 20 all time in career rushing yards. Name him. gotta be Riggins Check

6. Name those QBs named John(ny) who are in the Pro Football HOF? Elway, Unitas, Check on these

11. Name ... these Johns:

A. Born in Minnesota, coached at Cal Poly, never had a losing season as a HC in the NFL. Won a Super Bowl. Name that John: Madden

B. Born in New Jersey, played at Delaware St., 2 time All Pro. Caught game winning TD in Super Bowl. Name that John:

C. Born in Louisiana, never learned to read or write so well, sat beneath trees by railroad tracks, got his name in lights: Name that John: played a guitar like ringing a bell? B. Goode?

Check on A and C

12. Name all those Head Coaches named John who have coached in a Super Bowl (win or lose): Rousch(?), Madden, Gruden, Harbaugh

Check on these, but it is Rauch

... Does Jimmy John-son count? No, but there is one other

14. Besides Johnny Manziel, name the 6 other Heisman Trophy winners whose names were John.

Can I use John David Crow now? ;) , Capeletti, Rogers, These are right...but by no means all.

15. A. Name all those QBs whose name was John who started a Super Bowl. Elway, Unitas,

B. Name all those QBs whose name was Joe who started a Super Bowl. Theisman, Nameth, Kapp, Montana, Flacco

C. Name all those QBs whose name was Jim who started a Super Bowl. Plunkett, Kelly, McMahon,

D. Name all those QBs who name was Jeff who started a Super Bowl. Hostetler (sp?),

E. Name any other QB whose name began with a J that started a Super Bowl. Jake Delhomme,

All of the above are correct.

Interim Report: still unanswered questions on the Johnny Footballs:

2. The QB named John who is #17 in career TD passes (note: not Elway or Unitas)

4. Who is the Johnny who is in the Top 20 in career INTs with 57? (Hint: recent HOF inductee)

5. The John who is 4th all time in scoring:

7. The only WR named John who is in the Hall of Fame:

8. The only TE named John who is in the HOF:

9. Name any Offensive Linemen named John/Jon in the HOF:

10. Name the only Defensive Lineman named John who is in the HOF.

11. B. Name the John who played at Delaware st. and caught the winning TD in a Super Bowl.

12. Besides John Rauch, John Madden, John Harbaugh, and Jon Gruden, the only other John to be the HC of a Super Bowl team.

13 C. Whose longstanding SEC record for total offensive yards in a game did JFF break?

D. Who, now associated with JFF did I have to fine on two occasions for speeding in court?

E. Who is the largest employer in Kerrville TX, Johnny Manziel's home town.

14. Besides JFF, John David Crow, Johnny Rodgers and John Cappaletti, what other 3 Heisman trophy winners were named John?

Few more... I think...

2. The QB named John who is #17 in career TD passes (note: not Elway or Unitas) Brodie?

5. The John who is 4th all time in scoring: Carney (sp?) the kicker

7. The only WR named John who is in the Hall of Fame: Stallworth

8. The only TE named John who is in the HOF: Mackey

But you literally just said rookie QB's succeed in the NFL because they're the best of the best. Or was that wrong?

You're the one who threw Manziel's Heisman into the equation. Based on pro potential, JF got drafted about exactly where he should have. That stupid statue don't mean crap when you get to the pros. Some HOfers- as well as some monumental busts have won it. History says about 30% of first round picks are out of football within 3 years. You arguing just for the sake of arguing? Great college players- especially Heisman quarterbacks don't necessarily cut it in the pros. If the Heisman was the only criteria for NFL greatness Archie Griffin would be the greatest NFL running back of all time.

You guys like using straw man arguments. I doubt you will find a single person that would say that winning the heisman guarantees NFL success. Please find me this person you are using as your example.

I think TC is just trying to give me a hard time. This personal debate has turned into a circular argument- mostly based on using the exception (on TC's part) and using nit picking semantics to try and make me look bad.

Ergo- me: best of the best succeed the NFL

TC: rookie qbs that succeed are best of best, inferring Heisman winners are exactly that.

JF: Heisman= best of best

me: Heisman does not always = best of best of best in pros.

I think we really need to lock this thread and start JF II, it's gotten far too long.

The dude played with 2 top 10 first round pick on the offensive side of the ball.

Quick, when was the last time a Heisman winner played with 2 top 10 picks?

2012, Johnny Manziel!

What's my prize?

I think TC is just trying to give me a hard time. This personal debate has turned into a circular argument- mostly based on using the exception (on TC's part) and using nit picking semantics to try and make me look bad.

Ergo- me: best of the best succeed the NFL

TC: rookie qbs that succeed are best of best, inferring Heisman winners are exactly that.

JF: Heisman= best of best

me: Heisman does not always = best of best of best in pros.

I think we really need to lock this thread and start JF II, it's gotten far too long.

Agree:

Do you think there's a billion threads on the Redskins forum about Alfred Morris? What about Brian Orakpo?

Do you think there's a billion threads on the Colts forum about Coby Fleener?

Do you think there's a billion threads on the Jaguars forum about Toby Gerhardt?

You guys pine for a big name quarterback, then bitch when he's the only thing that everyone talks about. It's absolutely fucking hilarious.

yep he's a big name QB, in name only, so far.

the only people bitching are the fans that think if someone doesn't post manziel as the best thing since sliced bread they think it's a negative attack.

the guy said they should lock THIS thread. not that you couldn't start a new one.

lost that sense of humor. someone run over your dog?

Archived