THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I have plenty of stupid assed posts. More than I care to count, especially with Ghoolie around. That's why I can call everyone else out, because I've got enough in my history to be called out on too.

I would worry, because the Browns have averaged 2.67 starting QB's per year since our 10-6 season.

The third string QB in Cleveland probably has the best chance to see the field of all NFL 3rd string QB's.

Very sad, but very true

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JFF's only obstacle to becoming the Browns QB leader is a player who has thrown 192 passes in his five year NFL career; is coming off a serious as cancer injury but whose "play has

been better" in ota/mini. If he has half the abilities touted by his supporters, camp will be a slam dunk for him and he'll be making his debut in Heinz cow pasture September 7. If he can

help/lead the Browns to 2 wins by the time the squeelers come to town.......he will be Cleveland's new cock-of-the-walk.

This would be a great group that would have the potential to go a long ways.

Hoyer would be always ready. He's been the backup and worked his way up, through the ranks, from always being ready and doing the right things. He's the consummate professional and he's always going to be 'right there', waiting and chomping at the bit to get back in there.

Manziel will most likely be the Franchise QB that they end up going with for a long period of time, barring injury. He will be given around the same amount of time that any other rookie QB will be given. He has to work hard and win games or he won't have his contract renewed. He'll be electric(fitting since it's 'First Energy Stadium' now). He'll make the crowd go ecstatic and be rocking from his antics and character. It'll be fun, it will be a change of pace from Old Man Weeden.

This will begin as Hoyer's Job but he'll have to remain flawless if he wins it. It must be daunting being Hoyer, it's like trying to hold back the sea. As long as he wins however, he'll continue to have the Cleveland Faithful backing him as the 'Good Ol' Boy Hometown Hero'.

The bottom line is the Offense just needs to be better. For a few years.. maybe longer than that we've had NO OFFENSE. Okay, we've had a little, but, when you're losing games in the second half because the D is too tired to stop them one more time, or the Offense can't sustain a freaking drive to close it out... How long has it been since the Browns have DESISIVELEY went in and delivered the Kill Shot and put the other team to sleep?

Delhomme, Wallace, McCoy, Weeden, Campbell(recently) and others just didn't have enough magic in the bag to appease the Brownies in Browns' Stadium and luck would always falter towards unfavorable for us. I think that Hoyer and Manziel both posses the power to satisfy the 'Gridiron Gods' and seize us victories.

The 'O' just has to be better, if that happens we could be like that first Ravens' team that won the Superbowl, rightly ours- maybe so, maybe this is natures way of balancing itself out? Maybe we've entered into the 'yang'. I hope so.

if you want your long ass post read you need to shitcan this gay font. come on gizz!

Can someone explain to me how the MLB draft works? Because SD drafted Manziel in the 28th round....isn't that just wasting their pick at that spot?

Since no one else has answered this question, I'll try. By drafting him, San Diego has the rights to him for 6 years. I understand that the Padres said that they picked him because his athleticism was greater than anyone left on the board at that point. Theoretically, if football didn't work out for JM, he could play baseball for SD. He apparently was offered several bb scholarships for Division 1 schools but wanted to play football instead.

;)

A true Browns fan, ladies and gentlemen.

did we need another JF thread? I just don't want everyone to be so disappointed because he is the savior of the browns. We have been here before. lets watch the fucking kid play before we make him the face of the team!!

I am a real fucking fan thank you very much.

Since no one else has answered this question, I'll try. By drafting him, San Diego has the rights to him for 6 years. I understand that the Padres said that they picked him because his athleticism was greater than anyone left on the board at that point. Theoretically, if football didn't work out for JM, he could play baseball for SD. He apparently was offered several bb scholarships for Division 1 schools but wanted to play football instead.

I think they only get the right to him for a year. Signability is a big factor in the MLB draft since some drafted players don't sign. For example a high school player might get drafted, but may instead to go on to play college ball instead. So if he doesn't sign with the team that drafted him, his name goes back into the draft pool the next year.

You'll see this with younger players who may get drafted in the lower rounds, so they opt to play a year of college ball in the hopes that it raises their stock and nets them a higher draft pick the next year, which usually comes with mo' money.

IF a player signs, then that team holds the rights to him for a longer period of time, and l think that's where the six years comes in.

It would have been sacrilege for any thread to overtake the Hot Cheerleader thread, after all, no?

Post a Pic of JF with a Hot Cheerleader in the Cheerleader thread- shouldn't be too hard to find one. :)

Damn Johnny dick suckers.

Not enough that 1 thread is devoted to him, now he has two.

You cocksuckers obviously swallow.

There was a reason I closed the other thread... read on.

In todays NFL, rookie QBs can jump right in and be successful, plenty of examples. The read-option is a young QB friendly offense. Manziel made a living out of the WR quick throws. College or NFL those throws dont change.

Hoyer gave the offense a spark but he is greatly overblown by Browns fans. His best game was full of trick plays and interceptions. He is a solid backup and serviceable starter for a game or two.

Its like someone who has been in a lot of bad relationships, they start to think all their relationships will end badly. Nobody can see the future and anything can happen in football.

OTOH, plenty of examples of rookie qbs who came right in, were way over their heads, and stunk. So is it fair to say if you think Hoyer's talents are way overblown by Browns fans, some Browns fans think Manziel's talents are way overblown by A&M fans? FYI, hometown kids who play for the Browns, and play well are revered. Bernie Kosar is probably at the top of the list, and pay attention to Donte Whitner this year, who also landed his dream job. FWIW, Manziel scored bonus points on draft day- assuming he isn't one big faker, saying he actually wanted to be here.

Um Browns fans have been in around 22 bad relationships with quarterbacks since 1999, so some of us are going to go REAL slow with this one to make sure it works out.

I agree that a year holding the clipboard would be better for him...but i think he is a little unique and there is a down side to it. The problem with Manziel sitting is that he freaks out when he has nothing to do. The guy is so competitive that when he has no outlet he starts to do dumb shit...ok dumber shit. Example: look at his red-shirted freshman year. His legs and athletic ability can keep him successful and buy him some time till he learns the game better. I think all this is a ploy to keep Johnny motivated and on his heels. He is the day 1 starter. Pettine isnt dumb.

Nope Pettine is pretty smart. Training camp and preseason are nothing like regular season. Doubt me? Wee-done had a 99 qbr last preseaon, and fell apart when teams actually started game planning for him, and threw blitzes he couldn't cope with. Hoyer has seen live regular season bullets flying- Manziel hasn't. MHO is he should sit until after the bye- at least.

did we need another JF thread? I just don't want everyone to be so disappointed because he is the savior of the browns. We have been here before. lets watch the fucking kid play before we make him the face of the team!!

Here's why we have JF thread #2. Go to any other football forum, and most Mods will kill a thread after about 10 pages. Call it a courtesy to new posters. For the record, there were 822 replies (gee, we should have gone for 1,000), and 25,000 views of the original thread. If you were just starting out, would you really like to spend an hour or two wading through posts to get up to current events? I doubt it. If this thread gets to 500 posts (and it will), we'll start JF III.

The way I see it.... We have 2 QB's that technically are unproven...by the end of TC... One of them is starting. Based on experience, I expect Hoyer to be the starter. But both QB's still have a lot to prove. if one of these kids does not grab the reigns it wont matter who starts. It will mean were still searching for our QB.

Well, back to the topic. Would it surprise you that JFF's name came up as one of the fastest players on the team as mentioned by teammates"?

This from Kevin Jones' article wrapping up minicamp:

• We quizzed a bunch of different Browns’ players on who they think is the fastest player on the roster – that fun video will be coming soon. The answers varied between six different people, a fantastic problem to have. The most common names: Andrew Hawkinsicon-article-link.gif, Anthony Armstrong, Buster Skrineicon-article-link.gif, Johnny Manzielicon-article-link.gif andJosh Gordonicon-article-link.gif.

Well, back to the topic. Would it surprise you that JFF's name came up as one of the fastest players on the team as mentioned by teammates"?

• We quizzed a bunch of different Browns’ players on who they think is the fastest player on the roster – that fun video will be coming soon. The answers varied between six different people, a fantastic problem to have. The most common names: Andrew Hawkinsicon-article-link.gif, Anthony Armstrong, Buster Skrineicon-article-link.gif, Johnny Manzielicon-article-link.gif andJosh Gordonicon-article-link.gif.

Yes, it did surprise me, because his 40 time is nothing special - assuming they're talking about flat out speed. I'd also expect Benjamin to be in there when fit, and Gilbert to be up there.

The way I see it.... We have 2 QB's that technically are unproven...by the end of TC... One of them is starting. Based on experience, I expect Hoyer to be the starter. But both QB's still have a lot to prove. if one of these kids does not grab the reigns it wont matter who starts. It will mean were still searching for our QB.

dude. i've been trying to figure out for the longest what your avatar is. i know there's a strat in it so is someone playing it? eric clapton? it's so flippin small it's hard to see.

dude. i've been trying to figure out for the longest what your avatar is. i know there's a strat in it so is someone playing it? eric clapton? it's so flippin small it's hard to see.

Try this? (Testing to see if it works)

yeah saw that yesterday. think z posted it.

pretty impressive and yes it did surprise me. last year before his injury t. benjamin was the fastest by far.

awesome. how does that site back reference a pic like that? i know there is a site if you upload a pic to it, it shows you where the image originated.

thanks!

Using some pretty funky searching algorithms. I don't know the ins and outs but I'm guessing it involves:

identifying the main part of the image - roughly a string instrument?

analysing the internal breakdown of the object - the neck, the various details on the board - guitar

identifying other pictures of guitars and seeing which ones most closely resemble the uploaded image in terms of both colour and contour.

If you want to look in to it, I suggest starting here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_image_search

Its a Browns wallpaper I made few years ago with a squire strat I actually traded strait up for a real Fender mexican strat last fall. the pic is on Photbucket still I believe.

Its a Browns wallpaper I made few years ago with a squire strat I actually traded strait up for a real Fender mexican strat last fall. the pic is on Photbucket still I believe.

good trade.

back in the late 70s i used to have a fender mustang. think it was a cheaper version of the squire. had to have a fender since my guitar hero david gilmour played one.

And heres My latest...a knock off strat I frankensteined also...Wich incidently is now My #1 axe.

post-271-0-01645300-1402660815_thumb.jpg

I think they only get the right to him for a year. Signability is a big factor in the MLB draft since some drafted players don't sign. For example a high school player might get drafted, but may instead to go on to play college ball instead. So if he doesn't sign with the team that drafted him, his name goes back into the draft pool the next year.

You'll see this with younger players who may get drafted in the lower rounds, so they opt to play a year of college ball in the hopes that it raises their stock and nets them a higher draft pick the next year, which usually comes with mo' money.

IF a player signs, then that team holds the rights to him for a longer period of time, and l think that's where the six years comes in.

Thanks. It makes more sense it'd be only one year unless signed. So the potential of getting JM (at that point in the draft) was better than actually signing a player...wow.

Yeah, you sure proved it.

So basically... new thread, same old shit...

Jaws visited camp for practice this week that was open to media. His basic comments included:

- Whitfield has worked wonders with JM's delivery; JM now has the kind of high-spin, tight spiral that can cut thru a December wind in CLE.

- Hoyer is light-years ahead of JM when it comes to understanding the offense and executing it; Hoyer will be the starter opening day.

In other words, JM is a rookie.

Johnny Backup

LOL... perfect! Only way to improve would have been to save that for WW's return...

Thanks. It makes more sense it'd be only one year unless signed. So the potential of getting JM (at that point in the draft) was better than actually signing a player...wow.

Yes, I believe ibleedbrown's answer was more complete than mine and I also believe that at that point in the draft the padres were indeed saying that JM potential was worth more than actually signing a player. I take that as a testament to his athleticism.

Archived