THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I agree that a year holding the clipboard would be better for him...but i think he is a little unique and there is a down side to it. The problem with Manziel sitting is that he freaks out when he has nothing to do. The guy is so competitive that when he has no outlet he starts to do dumb shit...ok dumber shit. Example: look at his red-shirted freshman year.

You mean the year he sat out before he won the Heisman?

If he has half the abilities touted by his supporters, camp will be a slam dunk for him and he'll be making his debut in Heinz cow pasture September 7. If he can help/lead the Browns to 2 wins by the time the squeelers come to town.......he will be Cleveland's new cock-of-the-walk.

I prefer sticking with Hoyer as long as he does not lose games, but fair enough.

Well, back to the topic. Would it surprise you that JFF's name came up as one of the fastest players on the team as mentioned by teammates"?

Must be the Heisman mystique... ;)

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. QB ranked # 14 with 244 career TDs? Hint: Played for the team that Steve McQueen was chasing in Bullit.

Hadl? Was thinking of him before, but did not think he played long enough... then again there was the Sid Gilman factor.

4. Only Johnny in Top 20 in career Ints. Hint: When he played during his recently inducted HOF career, he was usually packing. Sample? Only DB named Johnny that finally came to mind...

10. Name the one DL named John that is in the HOF. Hint: Played mostly for the team that Ragnar Lothbrok would have played for. Is Randall in the HOF?

2. QB ranked # 14 with 244 career TDs? Hint: Played for the team that Steve McQueen was chasing in Bullit.

Hadl? Was thinking of him before, but did not think he played long enough... then again there was the Sid Gilman factor.

Check on Hadl....and he did have a fairly long career

4. Only Johnny in Top 20 in career Ints. Hint: When he played during his recently inducted HOF career, he was usually packing. Sample? Only DB named Johnny that finally came to mind... NO

10. Name the one DL named John that is in the HOF. Hint: Played mostly for the team that Ragnar Lothbrok would have played for. Is Randall in the HOF? He is, check

Well, back to the topic. Would it surprise you that JFF's name came up as one of the fastest players on the team as mentioned by teammates"?

This from Kevin Jones' article wrapping up minicamp:

• We quizzed a bunch of different Browns’ players on who they think is the fastest player on the roster – that fun video will be coming soon. The answers varied between six different people, a fantastic problem to have. The most common names: Andrew Hawkinsicon-article-link.gif, Anthony Armstrong, Buster Skrineicon-article-link.gif, Johnny Manzielicon-article-link.gif andJosh Gordonicon-article-link.gif.

yeah saw that yesterday. think z posted it.

pretty impressive and yes it did surprise me. last year before his injury t. benjamin was the fastest by far.

There's track speed and game speed. MHO is Manziel is more quick than fast. FWIW, I don't think I've seen Gordon get caught from behind yet once he gets a head of steam up.

Finally, regarding speed- it was one of the primary reasons I was really hesitant about Trent Richardson's ability to cut it in the pros. There were plenty of clips of him getting caught from behind in college- you never saw that happen with guys like Adrian Peterson, Ladanian Tomlinson, and Barry Sanders.

And heres My latest...a knock off strat I frankensteined also...Witch incidentally is now My #1 axe.

Since you're talking guitars, if I ever hit the lottery, I want to get a white Strat- after my hero Jimi Hendrix. Like Hendrix, I play left handed (badly). However, Mr. Stubby fingers can't reach the last couple of frets- Jimi had freakishly long fingers. FWIW I have an old Gretch double cutaway that I haven't picked up in a real long time.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24586867/bill-obrien-no-internal-debate-about-drafting-johnny-manziel

TRANSLATION: "Nice kid, nothing personal, fun to watch in college, really good college player, not an NFL starting QB."

They may be doing what some Browns fans suggested in the past draft- build the team, and draft the franchise qb last. The Texans should have a good enough defense that it will keep them in a lot of games.

Anyone that says "axe" covers Joe Satriani songs.

Yes,Ive learned a couple of satch tunes and took some licks...But My main influences were Jimi,Michael Schenker,Jef Beck, SRV, Al Di Meola,Michael Landau and Steve Lukather.and then anyone else you could think off...

Man I didn't realize this site was housed in Parma with all the male genitalia references. I'm surprised there wasn't an uproar that we didn't draft Sam. It's 2014 it's a good time to come out of the closet. I won't judge. I can't tell if this a Cleveland Browns football site that has a few gays, or a gay website that occasionally talks Cleveland Browns Football. Are there any threads that don't devolve into a sausage fest? Do I have to wait until the season starts?

Man I didn't realize this site was housed in Parma with all the male genitalia references. I'm surprised there wasn't an uproar that we didn't draft Sam. It's 2014 it's a good time to come out of the closet. I won't judge. I can't tell if this a Cleveland Browns football site that has a few gays, or a gay website that occasionally talks Cleveland Browns Football. Are there any threads that don't devolve into a sausage fest? Do I have to wait until the season starts?

If you're on an internet forum about an NFL football team looking for girls...you've fucked up.

If you're on an internet forum about an NFL football team looking for girls...you've fucked up.

Just looking for intelligence.

Just hate wading through a gay orgy to find it.

Here is a set of Trivia about Johnny Football....and about Jon Football, and John Football. All about football players named Johnny...and even a few about JP Manziel as well.

Final Answers:

1. Who is the QB name John(ny) with the most career passing yards?

John Elway with over 50,000 yards

2. What QB named John(ny) is #17 all time in career TD passes with 244 career TDs?

John Hadl

3. He is the only John(ny) in the Top 20 all time in career rushing yards. Name him.

John Riggins. Though two other RBs are in the HOF: John Henry Johnson and Johnny "Blood" McNally

4. He is the only John(ny) in the Top 20 in career interceptions with 57. Name him.

Johnny Robinson LB for the Packers, a recent HOF inductee

5. He is the John(ny) (not Art) who is #4 all time in career scoring. Name him.

John Carney

6. Name those QBs named John(ny) who are in the Pro Football HOF?

Only Elway and Unitas of more modern days, but also John (Paddy) Driscoll who was a sorta QB/HB back in the 20s/30 could have counted also

7. Name those WRs named John(ny) who are in the PFHOF?

John Stallworth is the only one.

8. Name those TEs named John(ny) who are in the PFHOF.

John Mackey is the only one.

9. Name any O Lineman named John...or a derivation thereof who are in the PFHOF.

John Hanna and Jonathan Ogden

10. Name any Defensive Lineman named John...who is in the PFHOF.

John Randle is the only John

11. Name your John. Pretend you are a prostitute who has been placed under arrest, and now the Police are requiring you to "Name that John". So, name these Johns:

A. Born in Minnesota, coached at Cal Poly, never had a losing season as a HC in the NFL. Won a Super Bowl. Name that John:

John Madden

B. Born in New Jersey, played at Delaware St., 2 time All Pro. Caught game winning TD in Super Bowl. Name that John:

John Taylor

C. Born in Louisiana, never learned to read or write so well, sat beneath trees by railroad tracks, got his name in lights: Name that John:

Johnny B. Goode.

12. Name all those Head Coaches named John who have coached in a Super Bowl (win or lose):

John Madden, John Harbaugh, John Rauch, Jon Gruden, John Fox

13. Lucky #13. These are all about JP Manziel:

A. What is JFFs ethnic background....from his ancestors that originally came to America? Lebanese

B. Where did JFF originally commit to play football in college? Oregon

C. Whose longstanding SEC total offense in a game record did JFF break? Archie Manning

D. What person, now associated with JFF, did I have to fine on two occasions for speeding? Maverick Carter, one of JFFs agents.

E. i. What are JFF's hometown...a....where he was born and b. where he attended High School.

Tyler Texas and Kerrville Texas

ii. Who is the biggest employer in the town where he went to HS?

The YO Ranch. My brother used to work for them. Before JFF ever got to Kerrville.

14. Besides Johnny Manziel, name the 6 other Heisman Trophy winners whose names were John.

John David Crow from Texas A&M, John Cappaletti from Penn St., Johnny Rodgers from Nebraska, and John Huarte, John Lattner, and Johnny Lujack all from Notre Dame.

15. A. Name all those QBs whose name was John who started a Super Bowl

Same as those who are in the HOF: Unitas and Elway

B. Name all those QBs whose name was Joe who started a Super Bowl

Namath, Kapp, Montana, Theismann, Flacco

C. Name all those QBs whose name was Jim who started a Super Bowl

Plunkett, McMahon, Kelly

D. Name all those QBs who name was Jeff who started a Super Bowl

Hostetler

E. Name any other QB whose name began with a J that started a Super Bowl.

Jake Delhomme

YO Ranch?? Not wanting to argue with your answer because it definitely ties into Ohio residents stereotypes of Texas. It is, however, not listed in either Wikipedia or Kerrville city internet listings. For your further information, Kerrville is the home of the HEB grocery chain (which is probably the leading chain in TX) and Thomas Avery Jewelry (which has stores in many states selling original design silver jewelry) as well as a 127 bed medical center (Peterson Regional).

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Jaworski-believes-more-experienced-Brian-Hoyer-should-start-opener-against-the-Steelers/cc155755-1e4b-4b44-8314-74dc3de359d3

There's a part in this article where it talks about Shannahan molding his offense around RG3 and how it worked really well until he got hurt. I'd like to think he learned from that and is now trying to build a stable of QBs with similar characteristics so that if one goes down they don't have to throw out the playbook.

Is it way off base to say that in some respects Hoyer is the QB Shannahan would like Manziel to be? Except better, of course. Read first, run second. Hoyer's not afraid to scramble (as we saw when he got injured) but it seems he'll always first try to find the open guy first.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24586867/bill-obrien-no-internal-debate-about-drafting-johnny-manziel

TRANSLATION: "Nice kid, nothing personal, fun to watch in college, really good college player, not an NFL starting QB."

Even I do not see your summary falling out of that article.

Yea, this is a really good article on him.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/who-is-johnny-football

Texas Monthly is a damn good mag...

I see completely different situations in a college red-shirt, who has no hope of seeing the field on game day, and an NFL back-up, who has to prepare as if he is the starter so that he is ready at a moment's notice. Accordingly I would expect JM to react differently now than he did two years ago. If he does not, then he has even more growing up to do than I have thought he does.

Texas Monthly is a damn good mag...

yep.

here's last month's centerfold. they did an expose' on how border agents are now hiding in tumblewed to capture illegal aliens coming into the country.

good stuff.

Tumbleweed.jpg

YO Ranch?? Not wanting to argue with your answer because it definitely ties into Ohio residents stereotypes of Texas. It is, however, not listed in either Wikipedia or Kerrville city internet listings. For your further information, Kerrville is the home of the HEB grocery chain (which is probably the leading chain in TX) and Thomas Avery Jewelry (which has stores in many states selling original design silver jewelry) as well as a 127 bed medical center (Peterson Regional).

Well, to say that the YO ranch is in Kerrville may not be accurate. It may be more accurate to say that Kerrville is in the YO Ranch....at least originally. I believe the original YO ranch was over 100,000 acres large....probably the size of Delaware or something, I think it is still about 69K acres. It IS located just outside of Kerrville physically. The YO Lodge is in Kerrville.

Schreiner University in Kerrville is named after the founder of the YO ranch.

OK, so my statement that the YO ranch is the largest employer in Kerrville may be anecdotal and historical. That entity has dominated the town historically however....being as large as it is, having the University there named after its founder, having the largest hotel in town being named after it. etc.

Archived