THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we really need to lock this thread and start JF II, it's gotten far too long.

I had a seconding motion on that- so done deal

Do you think there's a billion threads on the Redskins forum about Alfred Morris? What about Brian Orakpo?

Do you think there's a billion threads on the Colts forum about Coby Fleener?

Do you think there's a billion threads on the Jaguars forum about Toby Gerhardt?

You guys pine for a big name quarterback, then bitch when he's the only thing that everyone talks about. It's absolutely fucking hilarious.

TC, I want a winning team, if Manziel helps provide it, great.

The only people bitching are the ones who said he wasn't a 1st-round pick, and that the Browns wouldn't pick him. It's really sad. They will continue to discredit him until given proof on the field that they were wrong. Which is fine. But the lengths people will go to in order to protect their laughable and "alledged" football acumen are stubborn, egotistical, and childish.

Mike, I'm over it. True, I didn't want the Browns to draft Manziel- but they did, and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it. What do you mean discredit? He's a first round rookie quarterback- drafted in the same spot as Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden- so excuse me if if long years of watching first round quarterbacks mega-bust has taught me to temper my enthusiasm. . I'm hoping for the best- so far, so good, the way JF has carried himself, and the way the Browns have handled the media circus. What's irked me is the guys who are putting him in the HOF before he even takes a snap in a regular season game. I'll save my cheering for when he actually does something.

Doubters lacking in knowledge? I'd ask you to try and enlighten us, but you've already done that to no avail. It's known who he is and what he's done, but it's different now at this level.

If Manziel is the one to lead us to the promised land...so be it...go Johnny go...

i really do hope this guy is the fran tarkenton of our time, if not better.

i would just ask everyone who is a fan of the browns or of JF himself to let the coaches coach. i really doubt that the organization picked him to fail. i have faith in the coaching staff to evaluate and make the decision of who starts and who doesn't. doesn't mean any decision is set in stone.

Yes i am an excessive Johnny fan. Yes i am a Browns fan because of #2. Yes i believe he will start day 1. Yes i believe he will lead Cleveland to a winning record. Yes i think doubters are lacking in knowledge. Money Manziel fans unite! Be proud, be loud! lol

And what if none of that occurs? What if he, like all rookies should, spend at least half the season on the pine? What if Brian Hoyer actually looks good and has the team winning such that it appears that JFF stays on the bench for a while? Where will your rooting interest lie then?

Don't get us wrong....everyone wants JFF to succeed and lead the team to the promise land. I don't think this team drafted JFF in the first round for him to sit on the bench.

But we are not without knowledge...just confidence. We know that highly touted #22 overall QB draft choices can sink like the Titanic.....can you say Brady Quinn and Brandon Weeden. And I know, you are going to say that JFF is not Brandon Weeden or Brady Quinn. Well, I sure as fuck hope not. We have been burned going down that trail too many times.

Once, twice, three times bitten, a dozen times shy babe. (courtesies to Ian Hunter).

Few more... I think...

2. The QB named John who is #17 in career TD passes (note: not Elway or Unitas) Brodie? No, good guess though.

5. The John who is 4th all time in scoring: Carney (sp?) the kicker Check

7. The only WR named John who is in the Hall of Fame: Stallworth Check

8. The only TE named John who is in the HOF: Mackey Check

The Cleveland Browns are sticking to their word at the quarterback position.

Coach Mike Pettine told reporters Thursday that rookie Johnny Manziel will stare up at Brian Hoyer when training camp opens next month.

"When we put the depth chart together, Brian will be No. 1," Pettine said, per NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala.

While acknowledging that Hoyer's play has been better, Pettine noted that Manziel will see his share of first-team snaps and still has a shot to win the job, saying: "I don't think it's insurmountable."

Manziel has struggled at times with his reads and progressions during offseason sessions, with observers noting that his decision-making and release need work. The former Texas A&M star has shown a tendency to stare down targets, but he's alsodisplayed more athleticism and quickness than Tyler Thigpen.

The more experienced Hoyer has shown a faster release and looked "far superior" making second and third reads, per Kinkhabwala.

Twitter erupted when Manziel fumbled a snap under center on Thursday, but his rockier moments are nothing more than a reminder of the growing pains all rookie passers encounter.

While no quarterback competition will generate more attention this summer, we don't take much stock in the pecking order on June 12.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000357878/article/brian-hoyer-to-enter-training-camp-as-the-browns-starter?campaign=Facebook_atl_sessler

How is it that the Johnny Manziel fans can't answer the Johnny Manziel questions. I know one is esoteric...though they should know who JFF is associating with these days. But the others they should be able to get. Hmm.

Probably because there arent that many.

Here are the questions unanswered with a few hints:

2. QB ranked # 14 with 244 career TDs? Hint: Played for the team that Steve McQueen was chasing in Bullit.

4. Only Johnny in Top 20 in career Ints. Hint: When he played during his recently inducted HOF career, he was usually packing.

9. Who is the other OL besides Ogden named John. Hint: Played most of his career for the team named after a Mel Gibson movie set in S. Carolina.

10. Name the one DL named John that is in the HOF. Hint: Played mostly for the team that Ragnar Lothbrok would have played for.

12. Besides Madden, Rauch, Harbaugh and Gruden who is the other HC named John to coach a team in the Super Bowl.

Hint: The NFL is played on his network

13. C. Whose SEC total offense in a game record did Johnny Manziel beat? Hint: it is embarassing for the guy that had it that one of his kids didn't do it before JFF did.

D.The question that is esoteric to me: What person now associated with JFF did I have to twice fine for speeding? Hint: LRMR

E. The question that is esoteric to me, somewhat, and to those who are supposed to be devotees from the Lone Star State: Who is the largest employer in JFFs hometown of Kerrville TX. Hint: I mean like, yo, wtf is the matter with all you shitkickers down there that you can't get this.

14. What other Heisman trophy winners besides JD Crow, Cappaletti, and Rodgers (and JFF) were named John?

Hint.....there are 3 others.....and they all played for Notre Dame.

There are 13 posts on this thread so far.

8 of them are from Johnny Manziel detractors/ doubters.

2 of them are from Gipper, who is seemingly neutral.

2 are from a Johnny fan...the same person (Everlasting).

and 1 is from Zombo, who posted an article about how Johnny may become the starter.

Yeah, but it's the JF fanboys that do all the JF posting, right?

and 1 is from Zombo, who posted an article about how Johnny may become the starter.

Yeah, but it's the JF fanboys that do all the JF posting, right?

I thought it would be OK to post an article about the QB competition here, but I'll try to post all actual football related posts in the Barber Shop from now on.

Zombo

i would just ask everyone who is a fan of the browns or of JF himself to let the coaches coach. i really doubt that the organization picked him to fail. i have faith in the coaching staff to evaluate and make the decision of who starts and who doesn't. doesn't mean any decision is set in stone.

yeah i guess if you read this it clearly shows i am a detractor or doubter.

should be in politics as you sure no how to spin someone's view.

yeah i guess if you read this it clearly shows i am a detractor or doubter.

should be in politics as you sure no how to spin someone's view.

One post does not an opinion make.

I was going more off the 800 other posts you've had chastising the JF fanboys. Do I have to go find them?

I thought it would be OK to post an article about the QB competition here, but I'll try to post all actual football related posts in the Barber Shop from now on.

Zombo

That was the point, Zombo.

This is the "new" JF thread and there's been exactly one post about JF as a football player, while the remaining posts are from his haters bitching about how much people post about him.

I was going more off the 800 other posts you've had chastising the JF fanboys. Do I have to go find them?

This is the "new" JF thread and there's been exactly one post about JF as a football player, while the remaining posts are from his haters bitching about how much people post about him.

I know. Just playing along. Training Camp please come. Please, Lord.

Zombo

chastising the JF fans does not make me a detractor or doubter. it means i dislike phony browns fans who have only one agenda.

thanks for policing the thread though. why don't you defend thigpen as much?

oh yeah, he's on the verge of being cut. sorry.

chastising the JF fans does not make me a detractor or doubter. it means i dislike phony browns fans who have only one agenda.

thanks for policing the thread though. why don't you defend thigpen as much?

oh yeah, he's on the verge of being cut. sorry.

I get far more enjoyment calling people out on their stupid ass behavior than I do talking about Tyler Thigpen.

Also, I love how you just make shit up to suit your argument. Because, according to The Plain Dealer as of two hours ago, Connor Shaw has outperformed Thigpen but keeps losing out to him in reps and playing time, and Thigpen has been taking reps with the backups while Hoyer is stil out.

I actually read my information, I don't just make it up.

If you are a JF fan, you should want him to succeed, and to succeed, he needs to learn to be a starting NFL QB. That takes longer than one offseason and training camp to do. All you people calling for him to start in the first game cause you love him so much are setting him up to fail. I like him too, and that's exactly why I want him to ride the pine for at least four games and get up to speed before starting.

I have been a fan of JFs since well before the draft, but was never ready to ordain him as the "instant starter". As Mik stated "...let the coaches coach". I like the pick, I like the kid, but I also feel that, far too often, these rookies get thrown into the fray before they are ready. I feel very comfortable that that won't happen with this coaching staff. He'll get his chance when Pettine & company see fit & I'll support whatever player and/or players are on the field for the Browns.

Mike

I get far more enjoyment calling people out on their stupid ass behavior than I do talking about Tyler Thigpen.

Also, I love how you just make shit up to suit your argument. Because, according to The Plain Dealer as of two hours ago, Connor Shaw has outperformed Thigpen but keeps losing out to him in reps and playing time, and Thigpen has been taking reps with the backups while Hoyer is stil out.

I actually read my information, I don't just make it up.

i really don't care about our third or fourth string QB because it would take something really bad for them to even see the field this year. i posted to the thigpen to get under your skin because i know he's your boy. sorry if that is stupid ass behavior. i guess you forgot all your stupid assed posts now that you have found religion and that ghoolie isn't here anymore.

should i find those for you or call you out for it?

sour ass.

This would be a great group that would have the potential to go a long ways.

Hoyer would be always ready. He's been the backup and worked his way up, through the ranks, from always being ready and doing the right things. He's the consummate professional and he's always going to be 'right there', waiting and chomping at the bit to get back in there.

Manziel will most likely be the Franchise QB that they end up going with for a long period of time, barring injury. He will be given around the same amount of time that any other rookie QB will be given. He has to work hard and win games or he won't have his contract renewed. He'll be electric(fitting since it's 'First Energy Stadium' now). He'll make the crowd go ecstatic and be rocking from his antics and character. It'll be fun, it will be a change of pace from Old Man Weeden.

This will begin as Hoyer's Job but he'll have to remain flawless if he wins it. It must be daunting being Hoyer, it's like trying to hold back the sea. As long as he wins however, he'll continue to have the Cleveland Faithful backing him as the 'Good Ol' Boy Hometown Hero'.

The bottom line is the Offense just needs to be better. For a few years.. maybe longer than that we've had NO OFFENSE. Okay, we've had a little, but, when you're losing games in the second half because the D is too tired to stop them one more time, or the Offense can't sustain a freaking drive to close it out... How long has it been since the Browns have DESISIVELEY went in and delivered the Kill Shot and put the other team to sleep?

Delhomme, Wallace, McCoy, Weeden, Campbell(recently) and others just didn't have enough magic in the bag to appease the Brownies in Browns' Stadium and luck would always falter towards unfavorable for us. I think that Hoyer and Manziel both posses the power to satisfy the 'Gridiron Gods' and seize us victories.

The 'O' just has to be better, if that happens we could be like that first Ravens' team that won the Superbowl, rightly ours- maybe so, maybe this is natures way of balancing itself out? Maybe we've entered into the 'yang'. I hope so.

i really don't care about our third or fourth string QB because it would take something really bad for them to even see the field this year. i posted to the thigpen to get under your skin because i know he's your boy. sorry if that is stupid ass behavior. i guess you forgot all your stupid assed posts now that you have found religion and that ghoolie isn't here anymore.

should i find those for you or call you out for it?

sour ass.

I have plenty of stupid assed posts. More than I care to count, especially with Ghoolie around. That's why I can call everyone else out, because I've got enough in my history to be called out on too.

I would worry, because the Browns have averaged 2.67 starting QB's per year since our 10-6 season.

The third string QB in Cleveland probably has the best chance to see the field of all NFL 3rd string QB's.

Archived