THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

The Browns fans that didnt want him, but dog him now instead of the Browns GM and coaching staff.

Let's be consistent with our criticism... ...

I am not one of them...but if they didn't like him and didn't want the Browns to take him...and they dog him now...and believe he can't get the job done..isn't that being consistent?

What the hell has Pettine accomplished as an NFL head coach? Jack-shit as of yet.

And I don't follow your point here....in terms of this thread.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Browns fans that didnt want him, but dog him now instead of the Browns GM and coaching staff.

Let's be consistent with our criticism... ...

I am not one of them...but if they didn't like him and didn't want the Browns to take him...and they dog him now...and believe he can't get the job done..isn't that being consistent?

What the hell has Pettine accomplished as an NFL head coach? Jack-shit as of yet.

And I don't follow your point here....in terms of this thread.

he's trying to compare pettine's lack of HC experience with manziel's lack of experience as a starting QB in the NFL. problem is pettine has been at the NFL level for what 12 years now and has been a part of some of the best defensive staffs while here.

and manziel just got here.

Uggg, I've stayed away because all of the Johnny nobs

I'm experimenting. Seeing if we can maintain an actual football related JM thread going while keeping all of the fanboy and anti fanboy stuff all together in this thread.

Then, our regular clientele can discuss JM on our board without having to deal with this mess.

Z

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/06/brady_quinn_on_johnny_manziel.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The next time Johnny Manziel's money phone rings, it will probably be former Browns quarterback Brady Quinn telling the rookie to clean up his act.
Question is, will the Browns' party boy hear him?
In an interview Tuesday on SiriusXM NFL radio, Quinn ripped Manziel for the infamous 'money phone' Instagram video, in which a woozy Manziel pretends a huge stack of money is his phone, but he "can't hear you because there's too money in my f------ hand!'
"I just don't think it's right,'' Quinn told Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan on Movin the Chains. "I don't think it's respectful to the other veteran players too right now that are probably taking care of their bodies, trying to prepare to go into a winning season right now instead of doing things like that off the field.''
Quinn, who also criticized Manziel for his Vegas antics over Memorial Day Weekend, admonished the rookie for disrespecting the amazing opportunity he's been given by the Browns. Manziel signed his four-year contract worth $8.25 million on Tuesday.
"I think he has all the ability in the world,'' said Quinn, a fellow No. 22 overall pick of the Browns and currently a free agent. "He's probably got the best offensive coordinator for him to succeed and he's got some talent around him, especially if (Josh) Gordon ends up not being suspended. The thing I'm most worried about is what you're kind of seeing off the field.
"Some people say you can work hard and play hard, but I think my biggest issue is when you're drafted in the first round, you're the face of the franchise. And when you've got a video that comes out like that, I understand he's trying to have a good time and live his life off the field, but there's a little kid watching that, and now he's looking up to him as a role model and for me personally, I have a little bit of an issue with it. I don't think that's the way you want to conduct yourself.
"If you were asking (Browns owner) Jimmy Haslam 'is that really what you want the face of your franchise doing, and having out there?"
Quinn pointed to Super Bowl-winning quarterback Russell Wilson as the appropriate ambassador for a team.
"I always revert back to Russell Wilson only because he's so young, and he's been so successful, but you see all the time his good works,'' said Quinn. "When he's out there on camera, or out there on twitter or whatever it is, he's at a hospital with sick kids, giving them gifts, trying to brighten up their day. "
"That's the kind of role model [Russell Wilson] I'd want for my franchise and I don't understand why (Manziel) can't interject more of it into his life. He's got such a following.
"So then try to do it in a positive way to help kids who are sick or people who are homeless or whatever it is, but just try to do it in a more positive manner.''
Quinn, a lifelong Browns fan, knows firsthand just how much the fans here want an winner and how much of an honor the opportunity is.
Ironically, Manziel spent the day with the rest of the Browns rookies at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, where they helped children with physical disabilities from Youth Challenge enjoy the zoo.
The Browns declined to comment Monday on Manziel's money phone video, but it's a good bet they're talking to him about his off-the-field behavior. The Browns are conducting their own rookie school this week, led by player engagement director Jamil Northcutt and his assistant Russell Maryland. The rookies are participating in community events and learning about life off the field.
Manziel was not available to reporters at the zoo Tuesday and will also not talk to the media Thursday at a youth football camp at FirstEnergy Stadium.
Following the Browns' rookie school, all NFL rookies will participate in the league's Rookie Symposium next week in Aurora, Ohio, where they'll also hear from veterans and professionals about how to conduct themselves off the field.
By the end of the two weeks, maybe Manziel will have gotten the message.
Or maybe his money phone will still be ringing.

As long as he dont smoke weed or kill anyone, who cares. Most of us would kill to be able to have our cake and eat it too in the NFL. As long as he shows up on game days and wins us games, noone will care what he does. It sucks we have over a month until camp to see so many more meaningless JF threads. Anway, as for me, I have transfered from Lorain dwon to Chincoteague VA, have been here in Gov housing for 5 days with out our house hold goods, have been sleeping on air mattresses. I got the sunday ticket already, so cant wait for game day. Go Browns

Translation for those who don't care to listen. Brady Quinn: I'm a pre-madonna douchecanoe who was an entitled bitch. I sucked at QB and am acting like a 3rd grader who got his toy taken by the cool kid. Also I'm upset because AJ Hawk and Manziel Eiffel towered my sister (assumed).

What a friking little girl.

bigben.jpg

1024241155_1361343400.png

Aaron_Rodgers_drunk.jpg

Those guys started five of the last nine Super Bowls.

How old was Roethlisberger when he finally "settled down"? 27?

Johnny is 21. His body will figure it out after a few years. In the mean time, I'm OK with Johnny being Johnny.

Zombo

god is it me or does the rapist look like the only straight QB out of the lot?

also tha shot of ouzo on kaep's stomach......looks like he over shot the runway.

Translation for those who don't care to listen. Brady Quinn: I'm a pre-madonna douchecanoe who was an entitled bitch. I sucked at QB and am acting like a 3rd grader who got his toy taken by the cool kid. Also I'm upset because AJ Hawk and Manziel Eiffel towered my sister (assumed).

What a friking little girl.

I'd say that he's post Madonna. ....

WSS

Johnny Football is the face of the franchise, like it or not..

I like the kid, but he hasn't even played a game yet. Even though he's a doper I would say Gordon is the face. He's proven to be top 5 at his position at least. If JF comes and wins a few I would give him that just because of his position

he's trying to compare pettine's lack of HC experience with manziel's lack of experience as a starting QB in the NFL. problem is pettine has been at the NFL level for what 12 years now and has been a part of some of the best defensive staffs while here.

and manziel just got here.

Yes, Pettine is Wannstedtesque so far. :D

Until he p r o v e s different on the sideline.

IMHO, I think Joe Thomas is the face of the franchise for those that most closely follow the team. Gordon was about to take the torch, but he burned his fingers sparking up a fattie.

On a national level, Manziel is the NOISE of the franchise. He is giving the Browns a voice because of the huge amount of media attention he TMZ-demands, whereas in the recent past the Browns have been the quiet kid in the corner. True fact.

I've got more faith in Pettine than Manziel. Pettine's got NFL pedigree. Manziel...he's got to show something. A LOT of something. For some reason I get some nasty Colt McCoy flashbacks when I think of Manziel setting-up under center.

I've got more faith in Pettine than Manziel. Pettine's got NFL pedigree. Manziel...he's got to show something. A LOT of something. For some reason I get some nasty Colt McCoy flashbacks when I think of Manziel setting-up under center.

Ouch, that's harsh....... Me, I get more Jeff Garcia flashbacks.

Brady Quinn is just like us. He's a Browns fan, born and raised, and he'll never play a down in the NFL.

I like the kid as a fan, not as a QB. But here, he's just speaking from the heart. He wants to see Manziel succeed, he wants to see the Browns succeed, and he's probably a bit jealous that he couldn't be the guy to turn the franchise around.

Quinn IS a douche.

If Manziel stares into a full-length mirror he will probably see Ken Stabler and Joe Namath staring back at him. Good. Because if Manziel brings two Super Bowl trophies to Cleveland I'll hold down TCPO's goldfish for JF's pleasure.

Manziel was drafted to be the face of the franchise but he hasn't earned it yet.

We currently have no face of the franchise.

At this point, after waiting for God knows how many years, I could care less what our face of the franchise does in his off time, as long as he legitimately earns the title by winning some fucking games. If he wants to beat up midgets with polio in his off time, awesome I don't give a shit. As long as it doesn't affect his production on the field, who cares. It's his life, all I care about is what he does for 3 to 4 hours every Sunday for, hopefully, 21, 22 (however many weeks that constitute a full NFL season) weeks in the fall.

If your kids are looking for a role model, that just means you need to step your fucking game up as a parent.

Brady Quinn is a spiteful little bitch who blew his chance. Brady, be a fucking man and keep the Browns, and you're replacements, name out yo damn mouth. I'll admit if I was getting paid what he does to talk about a game, I'd probably say some stupid shit as well if that's what whoever was signing my checks wanted but, the cost you pay is your dignity (publically at least.)

You guys talk like being the face of the Browns is something to be proud of.

Outside of Cleveland, right now it's a joke.

Now, should the Browns return to respectability, it might be something to be proud of.

Kinda like how A&M was before Manziel?

Do I care that he did the money phone? Nope, but as was pointed out elsewhere, Merriweather didn't pull that stunt before his first pro fight.

You had better not get shit-faced the night before a game either and show up hung over, kiddo. That would get me pissed off.

What if he turns around and wins the game though? I know I'd pitch in for a beer before next week's game.

I concur. That is an insult of the highest order for an Oklahoman. I don't think I can be Gipper's friend on the interwebz anymore.

But in all seriousness that's like using the N word for us. Not cool Gipper, not cool.

We are thankful for Oklahomo. If they didn't suck so much, we might fall into the gulf.

Cart McCoy has always sucked, even in college. tu ran the read option and short passing game.

However.com, Manziel playing from under center is something he will need to adapt to if he is to be successful.

Except that I have never lived in Cleveland. Nor has my girlfriend, mother, grandmother, wife, or goldfish.

So when Manziel throws a touchdown pass, or eludes a pass rush, or does anything cheer-worthy, I'm right to assume that you won't be cheering?

TC this is the reality check- of course we will cheer when he starts winning games. The flip side of the coin is- he keeps on being Johnny off the field, and starts sucking on the order of say Weeden- the chorus in boo flat will be deafening.

BTW, I could care less what Farve did- he never played for the Browns, and if you think going out playing NFL football with a massive hangover is a good idea- FU. I haven't forgotten Bin Ridin' Rothlisberger was lucky he didn't get himself killed running his crotch rocket right into an on coming car either.

You want to be young and stupid- that's your prerogative. Knieviel Winslow probably pissed away a few ten million and a potential HOF career that way.

Bottom line: Manziel will only be able to continue being an off-field free spirit as long as he's winning games. Turn into a loser- people start cheering when you get injured to bring in the backup. It's happened before.

Archived