THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I mean, we have had other Okies play here (and Texans are just glorified Okies)....

Fuck you for that.

Oooh, touched a sensative nerve there, eh. :oOK, give us the differences between Texans and Okies....if you think I am so off base.

It saddens me that it needs to be explained to you, it truly does.

Where to start? We've significantly smaller obviously. Despite our small stature, we've produced some of the greatest athletes and/or coaches (Jim Thorpe, Mickey Mantle, Johnny Bench, Bobby Cox, Troy Aikman, Warren Spahn, Bill Self, and Wes Welker to name a few) artist (Will Rodgers, Garth motherfucking Brooks, Woody Guthrie, Brad Pitt, Ron Howard, Chuck motherfucking Norris, and my one of my personal favorites, Bill Hader) talent this country has ever seen. It would be interesting to see the per capita information on said talent based on state. (I assume Gipper has this information tucked away somewhere.) I guarantee Oklahoma would rank up there.

However the biggest difference, despite my boast above (which could completely ruin my next argument, but what can I say, I'm proud to be an Oklahoman), is that we are much humbler than Texans. I know that's like saying we're nicer than Hitler but it is what it is.

FWI I feel like this is, at least, the second time I've had to defend Oklahoma on this board in my relatively short (2-3 years I believe) time here. I'm assuming the first was due to the Weeden debacle which I apologize again for. That first round of the draft was my least favorite time as a Browns fan and that's saying something.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nobody is talking about A&M. But your butthurt is noted.

I just find it funny that y'all couldn't do shit in the Big 12 South back in the day yet you have 2 good years with a Heisman QB and y'all are crawling out of the wood work proclaiming your greatness. UT's influence rubbed off on y'all.

You guys talk like being the face of the Browns is something to be proud of.

Outside of Cleveland, right now it's a joke.

Now, should the Browns return to respectability, it might be something to be proud of.

LOL, Manziel signed any endorsements with Anheuser Bush yet? If he wants to go upscale, maybe he can push Moet-Chandon or Grey Goose.

It doesn't matter what any of you think, when people think Browns around the country, they think Manziel.

He's the face of the franchise. Accept it, right or wrong.

And Quinn is a giant douchecanoe, haha Jrb.

Read slowly and carefully Mike- before you think I'm spewing hatah venom. So? Manziel is an equally big douchecanoe in a lot of people's eyes- so kindly have some respect for opposing opinions. Question Mike- how long would Manziel have lasted at Notre Dame? I'll put the over\under at a month. He's ESPN's "This Year's Model". If publicity= Face of Franchise, I'll grant you that. Seems like a lot of JFs current pub is viewed in a negative light- and not just by Quinn either. To me, he'll be the "Face of the Franchise" when he earns the right to such title, not before. Personally, earning my respect would be to go about it slightly differently- I don't respect (and I don't have to respect) smart ass drunk punks that post shit on Instagram. I could care less how much money or notoriety they have. Does the kid have to be a Saint? Hell no, but could you kindly grow up and stop being a jerk ? One thing for sure- he's got zero margin for error. If he wins football games, the majority of Cleveland fans aren't going to give a damn if he gets in bar room brawls in Vegas, or cold cocks girlfriends ala Ray Rice. He flops- well, based on past Browns history, put your thinking cap on.

Some peeps still hold it against Manziel that Cleveland drafted him.

Cock-a-doodle-doo. Besides the chickens, Manziel brought they whole damn circus to town with him. I don't hold that against JF. Farmer and Pettine knew damn well (at least I hope so) what they were getting into when they drafted JF.

or vice versa, depending on who you're talking to.

Exactly.

The Browns fans that didnt want him, but dog him now instead of the Browns GM and coaching staff.

Let's be consistent with our criticism... ...

What the hell has Pettine accomplished as an NFL head coach? Jack-shit as of yet.

Believe me- Pettine will be judged as harshly as Manziel, perhaps ever moreso. Should Manziel flop, he bought himself a quick ticket to the unemployment line. BTW, we haven't seen Pettine party in Vegas, or post a drunk Instagram yet- but I digress. So he's carried himself as an NFL coach. Can you say the same for JF as a first round draft choice? Or is he auditioning for a part in Animal House II? Wait till the season starts- you ain't see nothing yet.

Cart McCoy has always sucked, even in college. tu ran the read option and short passing game.

However.com, Manziel playing from under center is something he will need to adapt to if he is to be successful.

McCoy sucked in college? Really? Had a better completion % a couple of years than Saint Johnny. You know not of what you speak, ye art blinded by Johnny homerism.& hence, the DOUBT of the skeptics. We've seen far too many hot shot college qbs try to make it for the Browns- and since 1999, they've all flopped to a greater or lesser extent.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/colt-mccoy-1.html

let's hope the bolstering of the OL and the new crop of RBs under the schemes of shanahan give any one of these QBs the recipe to succeed. someone in the WR corp is going to have to step up, big time. kind of wishing we hadn't have cut little at this point.

isn't the rookie symposium comin up today?

yeah that's where they take all the rookies aside and 'coach' them in the correct way to conduct themselves off the field.

10-1 manziel's asleep 5 minutes in.

Johnny Football is the face of the franchise, like it or not..

if this is the face of the franchise, can we at least get a better picture?

771085679316730146.png

gonna have to learn to hold your liquor if you wanna be the next stabler or namath, hell even the next bradshaw.

771085679316730146.png

gonna have to learn to hold your liquor if you wanna be the next stabler or namath, hell even the next bradshaw.

He shows off wads of cash in Cleveland like that he is going to end up on the First 48.

I like the kid, but he hasn't even played a game yet. Even though he's a doper I would say Gordon is the face. He's proven to be top 5 at his position at least. If JF comes and wins a few I would give him that just because of his position

Sorry, you could post a pick of Gordon and most people couldn't tell you who he is...especially people outside of Cleveland. Post a pick of Johnny Football, most could tell you who he is. The minute we drafted Manziel, he became the face of this team.

Cock-a-doodle-doo. Besides the chickens, Manziel brought they whole damn circus to town with him. I don't hold that against JF. Farmer and Pettine knew damn well (at least I hope so) what they were getting into when they drafted JF.

Exactly.

Believe me- Pettine will be judged as harshly as Manziel, perhaps ever moreso. Should Manziel flop, he bought himself a quick ticket to the unemployment line. BTW, we haven't seen Pettine party in Vegas, or post a drunk Instagram yet- but I digress. So he's carried himself as an NFL coach. Can you say the same for JF as a first round draft choice? Or is he auditioning for a part in Animal House II? Wait till the season starts- you ain't see nothing yet.

McCoy sucked in college? Really? Had a better completion % a couple of years than Saint Johnny. You know not of what you speak, ye art blinded by Johnny homerism.& hence, the DOUBT of the skeptics. We've seen far too many hot shot college qbs try to make it for the Browns- and since 1999, they've all flopped to a greater or lesser extent.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/colt-mccoy-1.html

Cart ran a dink-and-dunk offense in college. I should hope he had a decent completion percentage.

Guess what....so did I on high school. Big woooooooo.

Perhaps the Browns would have better results if they asked their players to act like champions instead of asking them to act like backups.

Perhaps the Browns would have better results if they asked their players to act like champions instead of asking them to act like backups.

talk about still butthurt.

i think the browns want all their players to play like champions. so manziel wasn't named the starter. what, did you really expect the browns to announce 3 mins after they picked him that he would be the starting QB? did minnesota do that with bridgewater? no. did jax do that with bortles? no.

geez lighten up with the starter bullshit. if he were drafted by tampa would you expect them to name him the starter as soon as he was picked?

Sorry, you could post a pick of Gordon and most people couldn't tell you who he is...especially people outside of Cleveland. Post a pick of Johnny Football, most could tell you who he is. The minute we drafted Manziel, he became the face of this team.

Yea I could see that. To people that actually follow the NFL I would have to say Flash

Johnny is 21. His body will figure it out after a few years. In the mean time, I'm OK with Johnny being Johnny.

Please Don't tell me that you actually believe that any of those boys could hang with "The Snake"...

The camera was in focus...

talk about still butthurt.

i think the browns want all their players to play like champions. so manziel wasn't named the starter. what, did you really expect the browns to announce 3 mins after they picked him that he would be the starting QB? did minnesota do that with bridgewater? no. did jax do that with bortles? no.

geez lighten up with the starter bullshit. if he were drafted by tampa would you expect them to name him the starter as soon as he was picked?

I think you misinterpreted Typer's comment. I don't think he was referring to the naming of starter, but was instead pointing to the negativity of "act like a backup". So much better to say "act like a champion". I realize that the comment was meant to fire JMs competitive juices. Instead it showed their lack of understanding of their newly drafted QB. JM doesn't need anyone to goad him into being competitive. His Pop Warner football coach once said that JM was "borderline insanely competitive"!

I think you misinterpreted Typer's comment. I don't think he was referring to the naming of starter, but was instead pointing to the negativity of "act like a backup". So much better to say "act like a champion". I realize that the comment was meant to fire JMs competitive juices. Instead it showed their lack of understanding of their newly drafted QB. JM doesn't need anyone to goad him into being competitive. His Pop Warner football coach once said that JM was "borderline insanely competitive"!

This.

I realize Pettine is a rookie, and mistakes will be made.

But its stupid to want any of your players to act like backups. Why would you want players to act like they arent good enough to start? Even your 3rd string, you want them to act like starters so if 1st and 2nd string go down, they are ready to play.

I realize that the comment was meant to fire JMs competitive juices.

Ummm... no. As you point out that is the last thing that needs to be done... and I'd bet all JM's contract that the staff knows that.

This.

I realize Pettine is a rookie, and mistakes will be made.

But its stupid to want any of your players to act like backups. Why would you want players to act like they arent good enough to start? Even your 3rd string, you want them to act like starters so if 1st and 2nd string go down, they are ready to play.

Now you're being dense...

Back ups are expected to prepare as if they are starters, but otherwise keep a low profile and STFU.

Starters lead.

When back ups get confused and try to lead from the bench, shit hits the fan, locker rooms divide and seasons go to hell.

Archived