THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always think of Willow when I see JFF. I don't know why, but I do and I like it

I have never missed an A&M game and rarely watch the NFL, but ever since Johnny came along and got drafted you are exactly right. He kind of ruined A&M football for me for a while because watching them now is so boring, even when they win. I would give up A&M ever winning a title for the Browns to win the super bowl this year. Although to be fair I didn't actually go to A&M and am only a fan of their basketball and football teams. My dad and the rest of my family did so that is why I watch the games.

Wtf? What kind of fan are you? If you are truly an Aggie fan you'd enjoy their recent surge while you can. You wouldn't root for the success of one former player (that probably got paid for autographs and broke NCAA rules) over the success of the team...

I have never missed an A&M game and rarely watch the NFL, but ever since Johnny came along and got drafted you are exactly right. He kind of ruined A&M football for me for a while because watching them now is so boring, even when they win. I would give up A&M ever winning a title for the Browns to win the super bowl this year. Although to be fair I didn't actually go to A&M and am only a fan of their basketball and football teams. My dad and the rest of my family did so that is why I watch the games.

Sounds like a bad case of Johnny addiction...

I simply do not understand this "excitement-jones" for one player. Even as a kid I understood that a Browns win trumped a Jim Brown 100+yard game.

Then I got older and actually visited Texas and i hated it more. I frequently visited Houston and it was humid, muggy all built-up but flat, with a bunch of idiots riding around with shotguns on the back of their truck. Drove across the entire state once with a buddy on the way to LA. Once you get past Dallas it all looks the same, You drive 100 miles on the interstate in West Texas and the scenery never changes and it feels like the road is never going to end. Finally got to El Paso, thought I was in Mexico.

I hear San Antonio and Austin are nice though.

Not all parts of Ohio are equally attractive/ interesting. The TX Hill country north from San Anton to Austin is gorgeous as are the rolling, piney forests of NE TX.

For boring nothing comes close to the drive west out of Salt Lake City. I-80 is a seemingly endless pair of two-lane ribbons running dead straight across the salt flats towards mountains that never get closer.

Houston? Yup humid as hell and way too goddamn big, but also diverse and cosmopolitan as hell with more things to do than can be done in two lifetimes. And that's not even including a collection of restaurants few cities can equal.

Well, BB had 5 seasons here and he had a losing record in 4 out of 5. In his first year in NE without Brady starting he went 5-11.

So, the only evidence we have is that without Tom Brady at QB.... he has been a loser in 5 out of 6 years.

But my suspicion is that BB will retire as the HC of the NEP when Brady calls it quits...

And I suspect it will be a few more AFCE Division Championships before your suspicion is vetted.

BB inherited a 3-13 train wreck of a team in CLE. BB's first five seasons were: 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5* and 5-11**. And he did it all without a franchise QB... To draw a negative from his first five seasons is ludicrous.

* beat Pats in WC game.

** needs no explanation.

Yeah- no comprendo- the AFC Games should be on CBS, & NFC games on FOX. It's long been the rule the visiting teams Conference affiliation picks up the broadcast- at least on Sunday afternoon games.

The reason the Browns got moved to Fox this week and last week is that the night game on NBC

has flex scheduling. They picked up a 1PM game from Fox and moved it to the night game on NBC.

This week they flexed the Eagles-Cowboys game to Sunday night. Fox then has the option to take a

game from CBS to balance the schedule.They (Fox) chose the Browns the last two weeks.Good for

out of town Browns fans.Also good for us in the Youngstown area. We get the Browns games always

unless the Browns are at home and the Steelers are away. Then we get the Steelers game which would

have happened this week.

Anyone else hoping JF shows up with a little green Christmas elf cap to wear on the sidelines when the D is on the field? :P

Nope ....not me....I want him focused on playing QB and not getting drawn into bs media hype crap....

He's handled this one great, btw......at least all the TMZ stuff has helped him to develop good media skills....

The BEST response to the whole midget thing is for him to just show up ready....not acknowledge it.....and then play like a GIANT!!!!

Where I am, for the next couple of days.... is just North of Dallas.

Don't like it. Everybody poisons their lawns every year, because of fire ants,

if they have them.

Cross town, used to be called "tarantula hill".

It's flat, and nobody has basements, because if you tried to dig one, it

would just fill in as you went - silt and sand.

Water problems.Little rain. Too much heat in the summer and spring and fall.

People generally live in air conditioning. Nobody barefoots in Texas. Or lays in the lawn.

I don't like Texas outdoors. In basic in San Antonio, we got sleeted on at fall out about 5:30 in the morning,

and by noon, we were drenched in sweat. The weather hasn't changed.

Armadillos, and mosquitoes the size of a humvee.....

My Hate List:

1. Steelers

2. Ravens

3. Bungles

4. Cowboys

5. Dolphins (from living down here)

6. Patriots (the fans)

7. Broncos (the history)

8. Texas (fuck Texas and fuck expansion teams)

That's about all I hate, but we need two more, so I will add:

9. Chiefs (because of bad experience with some of their fat obnoxious fans once)

10. Penguins (because they are all Steeler fans)

OK, they are really a hockey team, so 10. Rams, (because they keep moving and dicking over people)

Zombo

Why the Rams and not the Cardinals. They have moved as much as the Rams.

My Dad drove through Texas as a kid (this would have been late 1930's) and he hated it, told stories about how terrible it was. He hated all texas sports team, when he passed away in the hospital he was happy he first got to see the White Sox beat the Astros. Then, growing up, there were the obnoxious Texas fans with their "hook 'em horns" things and then the Dallas Cowboys ... who didn't hate the Dallas Cowboys? You either loved them or hated them in the 70's and early 80's ... and I hated them.

Then I got older and actually visited Texas and i hated it more. I frequently visited Houston and it was humid, muggy all built-up but flat, with a bunch of idiots riding around with shotguns on the back of their truck. Drove across the entire state once with a buddy on the way to LA. Once you get past Dallas it all looks the same, You drive 100 miles on the interstate in West Texas and the scenery never changes and it feels like the road is never going to end. Finally got to El Paso, thought I was in Mexico.

No thanks.

I hear San Antonio and Austin are nice though.

Zombo

San Antonio and Austin are nice. And Corpus Christie is too. My daughter goes to school in SA....for now. (that may end). Hill Country is nice. And Big Bend is beautiful plus the Guadelupe Mountains are cool.

But, if you are along the coast of Texas it is not much different than being on the coast of FLA. It might even be nicer.

But you are right....all that may not make up for all the idjits running around displaying their penis extensions whereever they go.

Houston? Yup humid as hell and way too goddamn big, but also diverse and cosmopolitan as hell with more things to do than can be done in two lifetimes. And that's not even including a collection of restaurants few cities can equal.

I was there for a day.....and I think I did all that was interesting in that day. So I guess I lived two lifetimes in a single day.

I think its a lack of knowledge to put a label on anything as big and diverse as Texas. There are positives and negatives in every state and city.

Of course it is. This is just an exercise in busting your humps.

I love Houston. Traffic is horrific but there are a million things to do. City is full of life and opportunity.

Well, why don't you list a few. OK, maybe there is more than just one day of things to do.....so clue us in. And don't say go to such and such restaurant/zoo/art museums......Tell us what is truly unique about Houston that would want you to spend some time there seeing or doing something you cannot do elsewhere.

Anyone else hoping JF shows up with a little green Christmas elf cap to wear on the sidelines when the D is on the field? :P

I'm just hoping he "shows up". ;)

And I suspect it will be a few more AFCE Division Championships before your suspicion is vetted.

BB inherited a 3-13 train wreck of a team in CLE. BB's first five seasons were: 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5* and 5-11**. And he did it all without a franchise QB... To draw a negative from his first five seasons is ludicrous.

* beat Pats in WC game.

** needs no explanation.

He blew up one season in which the Browns were in the playoff race, so that is on him.

He had Bernie and Vinny who were both better than any QB we have had since. 1994 obviously is to his credit, and he should get a partial pass for 1995....but only partial.

Bottom line: He was a losing coach. (plus note that while the team he took over was 3-13 the year before, just the year before that they were in the AFC title game....it was NOT a complete wreck of a team)

I think its a lack of knowledge to put a label on anything as big and diverse as Texas. ... City is full of life and opportunity.

Ahahaha....because Texas is so well known for it's diversity.....thats a good one....;)

But, being more of a country boy now, I do agree that big cities are full of something.....

He blew up one season in which the Browns were in the playoff race, so that is on him.

He had Bernie and Vinny who were both better than any QB we have had since. 1994 obviously is to his credity, and he should get a partial pass for 1995....but only partial.

Bottom line: He was a losing coach. (plus note that while the team he took over was 3-13 the year before, just the year before that they were in the AFC title game....it was NOT a complete wreck of a team)

OK... so how does a "title contender" get to 3-13 the following year? By sustained greatness?

Which season did he blow up?... Surely you cannot be referring to '95...

Bernie was done... it was a hard truth, but it was true. Vinnie was a color-blind, upper tier, journeyman, game manager his entire career.

Bottom line: Love a lot of your stuff and appreciate the work you put into it, but you also grind axes into needles and just prick away.

Where I am, for the next couple of days.... is just North of Dallas.

Nobody barefoots in Texas. Or lays in the lawn.

Armadillos... the size of a humvee.....

North of Dallas, around Richardson, is just bad... but folks that far north can and do barefoot cause they have Bermuda grass, not St Augustine (AKA "crabgrass") that dominates further south like Houston. St. Augustine has "runners" that can snare and break toes...

As for the Giant Armadillos... one of the best sets of regional commercials ever.

The first is good, but there was a 2nd that was killer with Cooter, the reluctant Lone Star delivery truck driver. Can't find that one...

w06b807luhskmifxgbu8.png

Anybody notice who the analyst is for Derek Anderson's start in Carolina this week? That's right ... Brady Quinn

AWKWARD

Zombo

I'll pile on Ft. Wayne a little here. If you look closely at the viewing map, the Ft. Wayne broadcast extends into a tiny part of Ohio that happens to be near and dear to me.

It breaks my heart that my people in Van Wert county are denied Browns games Sunday after Sunday. That's where it all started for me.

it almost takes a whole friggin day to drive through TX one side to the other. flat sandy with a little sparkle of water.

a perfect description of one of my ex's.

didn't watch the vid but just from the still shot the actor reminds of this guy:

I'll pile on Ft. Wayne a little here. If you look closely at the viewing map, the Ft. Wayne broadcast extends into a tiny part of Ohio that happens to be near and dear to me.

It breaks my heart that my people in Van Wert county are denied Browns games Sunday after Sunday. That's where it all started for me.

Thats shocking really.

Spend a few very long years living in Lima(drove to Van Wert all the time for work, btw) and that area is a hotbed of Browns & Bengals fans...It was 85-87, when the Browns and Bengals were pretty good, and it was great to live the rivalry there...there were so many Bungle lovers....

So, the area that loves BOTH teams will see neither?....thats just stupid.

Thats shocking really.

Spend a few very long years living in Lima(drove to Van Wert all the time for work, btw) and that area is a hotbed of Browns & Bengals fans...It was 85-87, when the Browns and Bengals were pretty good, and it was great to live the rivalry there...there were so many Bungle lovers....

So, the area that loves BOTH teams will see neither?....thats just stupid.

Yeah but the good news is it's not a hateful drive to Lima to pick up the game if you can't afford Sunday Ticket. It doesn't make me very happy Dayton is considered a Cinci market and the Bungles always get preference. 25 miles north, it would be a different story. WLIO in Lima can show whoever they want.

it almost takes a whole friggin day to drive through TX one side to the other. flat sandy with a little sparkle of water.

a perfect description of one of my ex's.

didn't watch the vid but just from the still shot the actor reminds of this guy:

LOL... that's at least the 10th ex descriptor you've commented on since I've been here.

ADD? Attention Deficit Divorcee?

But yeah... coming into Texas from Louisiana on I-10 is a little disheartening. The first mile marker is like "879" or something.

And actually the actor in the background was a well-known B-movie vet, Kenneth Tobey.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0864851/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t2

Among his many screen credits was the ranking officer at the Antarctic post in the original "The Thing (from Another World)" which more famously featured James Arness as "The Thing".

Yeah but the good news is it's not a hateful drive to Lima to pick up the game if you can't afford Sunday Ticket. It doesn't make me very happy Dayton is considered a Cinci market and the Bungles always get preference. 25 miles north, it would be a different story. WLIO in Lima can show whoever they want.

Yeah....definitely NOT an all Bengal market...always felt like the Browns had a slight edge in Lima and Wapak, where I worked...

Also got to bring a few buddies up to Cleveland for their first Browns game ever....I was excited for their excitement...though I also took em to the flats and they, basically, couldnt handle it.....one of them flat out fainted at Peabodies just because it was too much music, lights, smoke, booze and people at once.......we went home early.... sober....

Archived