THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoyer: Hey, Broadway, see? We have a couple of receivers that aren't into football.

Johnny: Okay, now I see it. Hawkins is ignorant, Gordon only remembers three routes, and he never

remembers how to make adjustments. So, you want to go back and be the starter?

Hoyer: (laughs) Hell, no, I'm cool with letting you suffer for a while.

Johnny: (laughs) Thanks a lot, pal. You're the man. You told me, but I didn't see it til now.

Shanny: Let's see, we need to draft about three wr's next year... in the first four rounds......... this sucks.

I didn't listen to the whole thing, still a bit shell-shocked. What I heard sounded ok, but I think, as others have said, he seems to always say the right things. He needs to show improvement on the field, or it means nothing.

One thing that struck me Sunday was his lack of confidence. He exuded a hesitance I've never seen from him before, not even in his worst college games. As I watched, I never saw the same Johnny that always looked like he thought he could win, no matter what the score was.

Hopefully, this is just the normal rookie thing going on, and he just needs to adapt to NFL speed. It's maybe a good thing that the team didn't play well, either, as it would suck for Johnny to be the only reason the team lost.

Looking back, I sure wish hoyer had played well and won vs. Indy and left Johnny on the bench. The fact that Johnny played seemed to fire cincy up. If Hoyer played Sunday, maybe the whole game plays our dufferently.

Sucks. I suck. Sucks to be me. I hope things turn around.

as it would suck(for you) for Johnny to be the only reason the team lost.

Looking back, I sure wish hoyer had played well and won vs. Indy and left Johnny on the bench.

Us too.

Except the first part......because Browns fans would have preferred the rest of the team to play better..... and only manzielots are glad the rest of the team played poorly....cause it helps with their JFF pain.

Tour batting .500 gets you into the Hall of Fame... But, & I don't know if you recall, last year I spent plenty of time pointing out to the haters that Brandon Weeden had absolutely no running game and a much worse offensive line then we have now. & a defense that was gassed by the 4th quarter. And Greg Little to throw to and drop passes. Yes there was Gordon but the rest were horrible.

WSS

I didn't listen to the whole thing, still a bit shell-shocked. What I heard sounded ok, but I think, as others have said, he seems to always say the right things. He needs to show improvement on the field, or it means nothing.

What he said was just fine, just like what Hoyer said was fine. Wish he would stop laughing after getting embarassed on the field though.

One thing that struck me Sunday was his lack of confidence. He exuded a hesitance I've never seen from him before, not even in his worst college games. As I watched, I never saw the same Johnny that always looked like he thought he could win, no matter what the score was.

He just wouldn't throw the ball. He held it way too long for some reason. I don't know if it had to do with confidence...or if he was looking for "college open" versus "NFL open" receivers. He had plays down the field he just wouldn't throw it - it looked more like he didn't see them rather than he was scared to throw it... If he should have been scared to throw anything it should have been the pass to the middle of the end zone.

He'd also turn full goofy in the pocket for no reason. Like when he pulled the ball down, hesitated, and ran right into geno atkins. He had the ball for 5 friggin seconds (would have had a little bit longer), but he didn't throw it, then ran into the sack.

Hopefully, this is just the normal rookie thing going on, and he just needs to adapt to NFL speed. It's maybe a good thing that the team didn't play well, either, as it would suck for Johnny to be the only reason the team lost.

He wasn't even close to ready, but the team did suck.

Looking back, I sure wish hoyer had played well and won vs. Indy and left Johnny on the bench. The fact that Johnny played seemed to fire cincy up. If Hoyer played

Sunday, maybe the whole game plays our dufferently.

Probably would have been for the best, but it is what it is.

Us too

and only manzielots are glad the rest of the team played poorly....cause it helps with their JFF pain.

That would not include me. I was very disappointed that the D could not tackle their way out of a wet paper bag and the O line looked like a spaghetti drainer. I've said many times how much I like D and O line play and for some reason yesterday both deserted the team. I am very worried about the future of the Browns for that alone. When I support a team I want the whole team to do well, not just one player. If I'd have thought pulling JM for Hoyer would have changed the game I'd have been all for it, but yesterday Jesus could not have stopped the bleeding. I thought they had it turned around and then they shoot two blanks on the same day. If I'm Pettine I'm wondering what the hell happened, cause I sure as hell don't know.

That would not include me. I was very disappointed that the D could not tackle their way out of a wet paper bag and the O line looked like a spaghetti drainer. I've said many times how much I like D and O line play and for some reason yesterday both deserted the team. I am very worried about the future of the Browns for that alone. When I support a team I want the whole team to do well, not just one player. If I'd have thought pulling JM for Hoyer would have changed the game I'd have been all for it, but yesterday Jesus could not have stopped the bleeding. I thought they had it turned around and then they shoot two blanks on the same day. If I'm Pettine I'm wondering what the hell happened, cause I sure as hell don't know.

I told my friends that I honestly believe the team expected Manziel to come out and destroy everyone. When he had early rookie struggles the whole team morale exploded. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

That would not include me. ....., but yesterday Jesus could not have stopped the bleeding

Your savior or the real one?....cause one of you aggiejohnnylovingfools were comparing the 2 just this past week.....

It's maybe a good thing that the team didn't play well, either, as it would suck for Johnny to be the only reason the team lost.

Well, it as you who said it....and we wouldn't want things to suck "for Johnny", would we?

I guess to us Browns fans, it's NEVER a good thing when the team doesn't play well.

And only a Johnny fan would find a way to say that the whole team sucking is better than just Johnny sucking. No other way to interpret that.

I told my friends that I honestly believe the team expected Manziel to come out and destroy everyone. When he had early rookie struggles the whole team morale exploded. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I find it hard to believe that the veterans expected Manziel to come out and destroy everyone.

I,said it after the draft,I said it while he held the clipboard and I will now shout it from the rooftops. Manziel will never be a successful, let alone "elite" QB in the pros as some have and some still say.I believe HASLEM wanted "Johnny Sideshow" not for his presumed talent but a marketing ploy to sell shit at the pro shop. I also said and still say that the worst thing we could do is play this little shit and expose just how worthless this guy was at #22 overall. In the aftermath of Sundays debachle (and there was not one hint of the myth, the legend "Johnny Football"). We may have fucked up our chance to keep Hoyer (who I still say is a very talented Qb), and don't have near the talent we could have gotten at #22 last year. Don't get your panties in a wad, I didn't say Hoyer was going to take us to a Super Bowl but he fits the bill rather nicely as the style of qb we need as we rebuild. The qb position is normaly the biggest expense and always the the most important piece of the puzzle which in my estimation should be the last piece. Rebuild a team around the style qb you need on the cheap and when you get close spend the money. Look at the Rams ..... Sam Bradford early piece of the puzzle, ...... broke down. Look at the Broncos ....... rebuild, go out and buy Manning . And I can hear the bullshit already. Give Johnny a chance, he's only played one game, he's still learning. Well if he still needs to learn he should have STAYED IN FUCKING SCHOOL at A&M. We also have another Qb who fits the right style in Conner Shaw. He will be around the NFL long after the Sideshow is gone.

GO BROWNS AND PLEASE GO BACK TO TEXAS JOHNNY AND GET A DEGREE, YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT!

Bullshit. You don't know that. You all make me embarrassed to be a Browns fan.

anyone read cock sucking lips? seriously they said some words that looks pretty distinguishable.

for the record theyre human sometimes you gotta laugh an experience like this off.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/12/14/7391133/johnny-manziel-and-brian-hoyer-share-a-laugh-at-the-end-of-shutou

i missed it because i have nfl sunday ticket and after almost 3 qtrs of crappy football, i changed over to another game...gotta luv sunday ticket...

give him the rest of the season to see if he improves....won't be easy, no running game...season started going downhill when we lost mack...based on shanny's type of offense, if there is no running game, they are screwed to the max...no defense will honor the play action or option read...screwed screwed screwed...another losing season on the way...

Johnny FB makes me embarrassed to be a Browns fan. This kid couldn't carry Hoyer, Colt, and Weeden's jock strap. He threw ball up for grabs in college and had receivers good enough to go get it. Not in the NFL. BUST….again!

You have a thing for jock straps faggot?

.I believe HASLEM wanted "Johnny Sideshow" not for his presumed talent but a marketing ploy to sell shit at the pro shop.

i don't think that all. i think haslam made the pick as part of the a 'good-ole boy' network.

i think the whole team played like shit BUT if we aren't one of the most injured teams right now i don't know anyone who's better than us record-wise that is.

mack and taylor's loss have to account for 3 losses alone and yesterday no haden.............ummm it'd be hard pressed to see any of our QBs perform well.

now what i saw of manziel was exactly what i thought i'd see from him. a scared kid. throwing him in in the preseason and then against buffalo's scrub squad defense was no test whatsoever. throwing him in against cinci's D who came to kill the kid was another. i saw him take some licks. i saw him make a couple of throws. i saw him make a couple of runs.

now if he can quadruple that production we might have something.

but i also saw him get hit like a slab of baloney between two big pieces of mean bengal bread.

myself i think he's headed for a stretcher. farmer shoulda picked up the phone to any team in TX before yesterday. now his stock is worth as much as a ryan fitzpatrick.

You guys sound like a bunch of whining, catty, bitchy, middle-school girls...

It's like "Team Manziel" vs. "Team Whoever"

Get over it. The team sucked yesterday, and Manziel looked like shit. So, we're going to sh** all over our starting QB because he sucked in his debut?? Why? Because "you don't like him" or he "parties too much."

Bunch of girls... All this Anti- or Pro-Manziel sh** is really making me hate this board recently...

Does anybody want to talk about anything else?

You guys sound like a bunch of whining, catty, bitchy, middle-school girls...

It's like "Team Manziel" vs. "Team Whoever"

Get over it. The team sucked yesterday, and Manziel looked like shit. So, we're going to sh** all over our starting QB because he sucked in his debut?? Why? Because "you don't like him" or he "parties too much."

Bunch of girls... All this Anti- or Pro-Manziel sh** is really making me hate this board recently...

Does anybody want to talk about anything else?

i kept out of all the shit yesterday and am just commenting today after settling down and thinking about it clearly.

i want the browns to win. i want the browns to be able to fill the holes next year without having to think about drafting another QB.

now if you can say manziel even closely looked like a NFL QB yesterday then give me the number to your drug dealer. cuz you were obviously HIGH.

and you can't say it's manziel fans against hoyer fans because at least the hoyer fans admitted when the dude looked like shit. manziel fans will disappear like a fart in the wind if he plays like he did yesterday in the next two games.

i've lived through worse than this during a brown's season. i'd love to see us make it to 500%. but if you can't take this ribbing no matter what side you're on you might want to go buy a pair of big boy pants.

i kept out of all the shit yesterday and am just commenting today after settling down and thinking about it clearly.

i want the browns to win. i want the browns to be able to fill the holes next year without having to think about drafting another QB.

now if you can say manziel even closely looked like a NFL QB yesterday then give me the number to your drug dealer. cuz you were obviously HIGH.

and you can't say it's manziel fans against hoyer fans because at least the hoyer fans admitted when the dude looked like shit. manziel fans will disappear like a fart in the wind if he plays like he did yesterday in the next two games.

i've lived through worse than this during a brown's season. i'd love to see us make it to 500%. but if you can't take this ribbing no matter what side you're on you might want to go buy a pair of big boy pants.

Man, what an insult to Fitz!

Tour batting .500 gets you into the Hall of Fame... But, & I don't know if you recall, last year I spent plenty of time pointing out to the haters that Brandon Weeden had absolutely no running game and a much worse offensive line then we have now. & a defense that was gassed by the 4th quarter. And Greg Little to throw to and drop passes. Yes there was Gordon but the rest were horrible.

I do not recall your Wheezy-boy status. What are you the patron Saint of lost QBs? ;)

But, yes... Janet... over Chrissy or any of her "cousins".

Still only watching highlights (or lowlights), but think I have a sense of where you are going.

I'm seeing a QB aiming the ball, not cutting it loose.

I'm seeing a "first start" against a quality team, not unexpected mop up duty vs. back-ups.

I think it's uncertainty, not speed...

I think it's thinking, not playing...

I think it's a college boy in a pro game.

It ain't over, but the boy has a lot of work to do.

Archived