THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Brandon Weedon looked better on his first start, and on a lot worse team.

At this point might as well let Midge finish the season, but if he looks like he does after another two games, I wouldn't commit a season next season.

There was a reason that Brady Quinn slipped in the draft. There might be a reason Colt Manziel slid, too. And we probably didn't need to trade up to get him....

You might be a Retard. On his first start, Weeden threw 4 picks and got stuck underneath the flag.

You are correct but I'm willing to bet Weedens game 2 was better than Manziels upcoming game 2. He looked completely out of place and overwhelmed.

Look, I was never a huge supporter of Manziel, and I can't believe I'm the one defending him but -

• He threw a grand total of two passes before we were down 17-0. One was a catch on the out, the other should've been caught on 3rd and 13 to Hawkins. If Hawkins hangs onto that ball, Johnny is 2/2 and the drive continues
  • When you're down 17 points, playaction isn't going to fool anyone
  • 3/5 of the offensive line can't block, so they mush rushed 3 with a spy and put the rest in coverage because they didn't have to respect the run
  • Our defensive front 7 played fucking horribly. We were consistently dominated in the trenches.
  • We still lack discipline. Too many fucking penalties.

I just think that there are very few QBs who would have succeeded given those conditions.

Look, I was never a huge supporter of Manziel, and I can't believe I'm the one defending him but -

• He threw a grand total of two passes before we were down 17-0. One was a catch on the out, the other should've been caught on 3rd and 13 to Hawkins. If Hawkins hangs onto that ball, Johnny is 2/2 and the drive continues
  • When you're down 17 points, playaction isn't going to fool anyone
  • 3/5 of the offensive line can't block, so they mush rushed 3 with a spy and put the rest in coverage because they didn't have to respect the run
  • Our defensive front 7 played fucking horribly. We were consistently dominated in the trenches.
  • We still lack discipline. Too many fucking penalties.
I just think that there are very few QBs who would have succeeded given those conditions.

Agreed on most all of this. The only thing that worries me about his performance today was that he did nothing to impress me. Not one "wow" play at all in the game, even in garbage time.

Agreed on most all of this. The only thing that worries me about his performance today was that he did nothing to impress me. Not one "wow" play at all in the game, even in garbage time.

Of all the posts I've made today you summed up how I feel very concisely. I feel like someone who is going to be great could have at least did ONE great thing.

Guys - this is his first start. Like Aaron says...R-E-L-A-X

We have a decade of amazing Qb play ahead of us. Patience

Aaron is 6'2 with a rocket arm who throws pinpoint bullets with the precision of a surgeon.

I would relax if he was our QB.

But he's not. We have a sideshow midget who wants to make plays but can't make plays.

Zombo

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Johnny_Manziel_PostGame_Press_Conference_1214/ae863817-54ad-419a-b28b-ca4a9e728e73

Just me or is there a lot of the same, non-royal "we" and "us" and "team as a whole" type stuff found to be so off-putting from Hoyer.

You might be a Retard. On his first start, Weeden threw 4 picks and got stuck underneath the flag.

Whereas Johnny could have run under the flag upright and never mussed his hair... :)

Bunch of faggot wannabe fans. Throw the rookie under the bus after his first NFL start. its all on JFF. Fugging faggot ass bitches.

Anger is your only gear... unless neutral is a gear.

His footwork is awful, he throws wounded ducks, he makes bad decisions, etc, etc,

Not even close, DN... his footwork falls apart with pressure in his face, but hard to think of a QB whose footwork doesn't.

Decisions? Reads are rough and decisions follow, but it's early yet.

etc., etc.? ETC., ETC.!

JF struck the right approach. Basically, the focus is- what can I do to get better? To make us better?

I think in evaluating a young qb, you look at 4 game increments....so starting next year, look at games 1-4 and ask- did he make improvement? Then in games 5-8 next year- did he make progress on the previous 4 games?

Guys, developing a young qb is often a LONG process. Patience.

JF struck the right approach. Basically, the focus is- what can I do to get better? To make us better?

I think in evaluating a young qb, you look at 4 game increments....so starting next year, look at games 1-4 and ask- did he make improvement? Then in games 5-8 next year- did he make progress on the previous 4 games?

He should've reminded everyone about scoring a TD against the Bills prevent defense.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Johnny_Manziel_PostGame_Press_Conference_1214/ae863817-54ad-419a-b28b-ca4a9e728e73

Just me or is there a lot of the same, non-royal "we" and "us" and "team as a whole" type stuff found to be so off-putting from Hoyer.

I thought he started well but this "I'm not gonna make the rookie excuse but all the greats struggled when they started" is a bit Leaf-ish. This seems a bit "on the job" training for Manziel and I'd have thought he'd understand receiver progression by now. It does seem to be an issue for Kaepernick, RG3, Newton, etc that they just lock on to #1 and tuck and run when that's not there. As much as Hoyer played like shit for the past two weeks he understands the other routes and will stand in there and take a hit to deliver the ball to #2 or wait for #1, 2 or 3 to get open.

Hopefully Manziel will learn we've got him for 2 years

You sound just like walterwhite... Hmm..

Listen, you don't bring in a midget to groom in a passing league. He was suppose to have those intangibles. If he can't show it after 3 games, you can forget about "grooming".

There's a reason he couldn't beat out a horrible hoyer in the preseason.

What I saw today.

Poor footwork

Inaccurate

No zip on his passes

Doesnt look very quick or fast out there on a NFL field

I've been one of his biggest critics, I'm willing to give him 2 more games.

Ummm...so what happens when those two games are up and you give up on him? You aren't going to watch browns games in 2015?

You sound just like walterwhite... Hmm..

Listen, you don't bring in a midget to groom in a passing league. He was suppose to have those intangibles. If he can't show it after 3 games, you can forget about "grooming".

There's a reason he couldn't beat out a horrible hoyer in the preseason.

I agree with the substance, maybe not the extreme tone, and I might add that the "intangibles" that exist in college aren't always beneficial in the NFL. We thought that with Michael Vick the position would be drastically changed but it hasn't. We'll all take Luck over Kaepernick.

Archived