THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks. Expected better from Hoyer.

I criticized Manziel for laughing near end of the JAX game (IIRC), so won't cut Hoyer slack here. Or Johnny for that matter for laughing in response...

And analyzers gonna analyze...

Specific names? Correct, none mentioned save Hawk (except in passing), and Hawk's was a positive ref. But I do not feel I am misrepresenting anything, Steve. There is a fair amount of the all inclusive "We have to play better"... same as Hoyer.

Just did a count..

I's - ~18 including a surprising amount of deluded, self-appraisal, e.g. "I did not think the game was too fast for me." "I was prepared."

We's - ~22 including the above example plus, "team thing" and "we did not make plays on 3rd down."

My original point was simply that many statements were identical to those Hoyer made in his pressers. Statements that lovers here jumped upon...

Lovers gonna love...

Don't really see what this has to do with the original post but again you misrepresented what he had to say in the press conference. That's all.

He did not shy away from the blame.

(and from my point of view the other facets of the game or a lot worse than they were last week. A lot.)

And he sucked too.

WSS

this could be the moment where these 2 came together for the first time. An enlightening, if you will.

JFF realizing it aint as easy as it looks and Hoyer realizing he could still be the best QB here. Then laughing because they both gonna be rich no matter how they play.

And shanny looks sour because he's realizing he needs a QB.

Manziel's a hero, he's courageous, all-around team player.

Hoyer's all about himself, cancer in the locker room, blaming his teammates.

Whatever, the pissing on Hoyer's press conferences was only because people wanted to see Manziel...nothing else. Against ATL he only blamed himself, after that he got pulled and got asked questions in a manner to defend his position.

We've clearly seen the "Hoyer doesn't talk to Manziel", "Hoyer about to be cut", "Teammates don't like Hoyer", "Hoyer kills children" stuff, and we've clearly seen how much BS it is.

I understand benching Hoyer, but I don't understand why Cleveland wanted to trash and slander the only QB since 99' to have a winning record.

I thought Manziel was being very honest - in the game, he hesitated, and screwed up.

I met a Bengal fan at the Dallas airport last night - I congratulated him for a great payback,

even though I only like paybacks when it's the Browns doing the paybacking...

He was a classy guy - said the Browns humiliated Dalton and the Bengals at home, and

it was the Bengals' turn - and the Browns have injuries etc. Said the Browns were getting

very close, though, to being a power in the division - which will be great next year when they

fill in a few more pieces, because they hate the Steelers.

I just think that Hawkins was the distracting factor, and let the team down in their focus.

And the Bengals were sky high with emotion - the Browns, not so much. and...

Hoyer would have played a lot better, but the Browns would still have lost.

All I heard all week was that Shanny would call plays to Johnny's strengths. Well that didn't happen

No one EVER thought Johnny could stand back there and read defenses. But yet that's what we did.

I saw 1 and I mean 1 REAL rollout play. Not that would have helped, but it hurt BIG TIME

Just what passing plays do not require reads? Roll outs simply cut the field in half.

And then there's the pre-snap reads that include line calls. Not sure if BH had been involved in those, but I am pretty sure JM was not. Still want to see this asked.

All I heard all week was that Shanny would call plays to Johnny's strengths. Well that didn't happen

No one EVER thought Johnny could stand back there and read defenses.

But yet that's what we did.

I saw 1 and I mean 1 REAL rollout play. Not that would have helped, but it hurt BIG TIME

also the bungles were 27th against the run, we ran right up the middle ALL DAY

Holy fuck, you're kidding right? Those who wanted Manziel to start, what did you expect him to do? Take a snap and just wait to see someone run open?

Nothing to laugh about when your team is losing. I'm old school, that's just how I see it.

I thought you were too young to be "old school". ;)

I know you are not suggesting that the whole team actually "conspired to suck", but I think it is fair to say that they were looking for inspiration from JM that never came.

Yea I wasn't suggesting that but you are right that johnny showed nothing inspiring yesterday. Even with the team sucking, a couple decent plays, which people said he could make by himself when the rest of the team was sucking, would have maybe gotten some sort of spark out of the team. Maybe at least enough for a TD, a fg, anything. Instead he just maybe inspirationally bad rookie plays and throws.

Don't really see what this has to do with the original post but again you misrepresented what he had to say in the press conference. That's all.

I restated what I originally said, but you appeared to not comprehend. I took a shot.

JM said what I said he said. A lot of we's... even gave you a count.

He said other stuff as well, credible "my bad" stuff. And he said other stuff that was self-serving and delusional.

You think I'm misrepresenting...

I think you're being intentionally dense...

Let's move on.

No one EVER thought Johnny could stand back there and read defenses.

Which is the reason so many didn't want to pick him in the first place

But yet that's what we did.

Because thats what NFL QB's need to do to succeed in this league

Im confused. Your mad that he stayed in the pocket, but mad that he rolled out?

also the bungles were 27th against the run, we ran right up the middle ALL DAY

Confused again. So we were wrong to run at the 27th worst run defense?

Your killing me with this stuff. Next thing you know you'll be blaming this loss on the coin toss

Oh we can certainly move on bud. I'm not angry, & I hope you're not. It seems to me the point you want to make is that someone here thought Brian Hoyer failed to take enough personal responsibility in his press conference. Now you think Johnny Manziel fell short on the same subject.

As dense as I probably am that's my guess as to the reason for your post.

(it does remind me of the history of the team at the point of the Vinnie V Bernie debate. For some reason if you liked one guy you are required by some ridiculous Browns rules to hate the other one.)

WSS

For some reason if you like one guy you are required by some ridiculous Browns rules to hate the other one.

WSS

This is my pain. The polarizing nature of these 2 QB's. And the inability of those that love them(or hate them) to accept objective analysis. So many are too fast to condemn. And on the other side, so many feel the need to defend, even in the face of horrible play.

And its so extreme(the love and hate for one) that now that we have lost 4 out of 5 games, we are debating how our QB's respond verbally to their terrible play at press conferences?? Which one grovels best?.

Im more worried how he'll respond next week on the field.

Holy Joe Theismann, Z-Man...

Joe went to George Allen volunteered to return punts. Just wanted to contribute more to the team than being the 3rd stringer he was at the time.

Your killing me with this stuff. Next thing you know you'll be blaming this loss on the coin toss

Nah... that's a different thread...

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31318

Oh we can certainly move on bud. I'm not angry, & I hope you're not. It seems to me the point you want to make is that someone here thought Brian Hoyer failed to take enough personal responsibility in his press conference. Now you think Johnny Manziel fell short on the same subject.

Not angry either, Steve, just incredulous... until your latest installment. Now I see the issue and that you batted .500 in what you said above about "my points".

You were right to take as my point that Manziel said many of the same things Hoyer said and was criticized by many Manziel backers for saying.

You wrong to take as a point that I was saying Manziel "fell short" for saying the same. Completely beside the point.

My intent was to point out to the JM backers that their boy was saying much of the same. Either both were in the wrong or both were in the right. I lean toward the latter. There have been a lot of "we" failures for weeks now.

Peace...

(it does remind me of the history of the team at the point of the Vinnie V Bernie debate. For some reason if you liked one guy you are required by some ridiculous Browns rules to hate the other one.)

WSS

Ginger on Mary Ann? One must have been a stinker, right?

I,said it after the draft,I said it while he held the clipboard and I will now shout it from the rooftops. Manziel will never be a successful, let alone "elite" QB in the pros as some have and some still say.I believe HASLEM wanted "Johnny Sideshow" not for his presumed talent but a marketing ploy to sell shit at the pro shop. I also said and still say that the worst thing we could do is play this little shit and expose just how worthless this guy was at #22 overall. In the aftermath of Sundays debachle (and there was not one hint of the myth, the legend "Johnny Football"). We may have fucked up our chance to keep Hoyer (who I still say is a very talented Qb), and don't have near the talent we could have gotten at #22 last year. Don't get your panties in a wad, I didn't say Hoyer was going to take us to a Super Bowl but he fits the bill rather nicely as the style of qb we need as we rebuild. The qb position is normaly the biggest expense and always the the most important piece of the puzzle which in my estimation should be the last piece. Rebuild a team around the style qb you need on the cheap and when you get close spend the money. Look at the Rams ..... Sam Bradford early piece of the puzzle, ...... broke down. Look at the Broncos ....... rebuild, go out and buy Manning . And I can hear the bullshit already. Give Johnny a chance, he's only played one game, he's still learning. Well if he still needs to learn he should have STAYED IN FUCKING SCHOOL at A&M. We also have another Qb who fits the right style in Conner Shaw. He will be around the NFL long after the Sideshow is gone.

GO BROWNS AND PLEASE GO BACK TO TEXAS JOHNNY AND GET A DEGREE, YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT!

Archived