THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Yeah but the good news is it's not a hateful drive to Lima to pick up the game if you can't afford Sunday Ticket. It doesn't make me very happy Dayton is considered a Cinci market and the Bungles always get preference. 25 miles north, it would be a different story. WLIO in Lima can show whoever they want.

My recollection is that outside of the small semi-circle of southwest Ohio, all the rest of Ohio was solidly Browns territory, including the Gem City.

Hell, Dayton still has an AM station that carries Browns games that l pick up when they're not on tv, so l'm thankful for that and folks in Dayton that demand it.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wtf? What kind of fan are you? If you are truly an Aggie fan you'd enjoy their recent surge while you can. You wouldn't root for the success of one former player (that probably got paid for autographs and broke NCAA rules) over the success of the team...

I have agonized over their loses and celebrated their wins as much as you all with your respective teams. Even this year it killed me when they lost to Ole Miss and I went crazy when they beat Arkansas. There have been a lot of good quarterbacks at A&M, including Tannahill the year before Johnny. But Johnny was really that special. It got to the point where I was upset at a good kick return by A&M because it meant Johnny would get less yards.

And I don't get why rooting for certain players is worse than being a life long fan of a team. Rafael Nadal and Rory McIlroy are my favorite athletes and they are not on a team. I root for Lebron wherever he goes. That doesn't mean I am not a real Cavs fan now. If they lose it will kill me. Now I understand those of you who have watched the Cavs your whole lives feel differently about them than I do. But I don't care if you say I am not a real fan of the Browns or A&M. I will be watching and rooting for them same as you.

But yeah... coming into Texas from Louisiana on I-10 is a little disheartening. The first mile marker is like "879" or something.

And I was born and lived a few miles from that marker until I left at 12 years old. Lots of mosquitoes (I'm full of DDT from hiding in and out of the fogging machines), barefoot from April to Oct (even in school where folks were so poor they allowed us to go barefoot so they could afford 1 new pair a year or hand me downs), and humidity to beat the band. But when you are raised with no a/c you just get down to a pair of shorts in the summer and they didn't have any "No shirt, no socks ,no service" signs. And nothing smells as good as pine trees except maybe the oil refineries. LOL ;)

And I was born and lived a few miles from that marker until I left at 12 years old. Lots of mosquitoes (I'm full of DDT from hiding in and out of the fogging machines), barefoot from April to Oct (even in school where folks were so poor they allowed us to go barefoot so they could afford 1 new pair a year or hand me downs), and humidity to beat the band. But when you are raised with no a/c you just get down to a pair of shorts in the summer and they didn't have any "No shirt, no socks ,no service" signs. And nothing smells as good as pine trees except maybe the oil refineries. LOL ;)

huge difference from growin up in ohio right next to the railroad tracks and a mile from sadusky bay/lake erie.

a regular occurance was getting chased by long haired hippes after dousing their car with 3 inch slabs of ice. got so accustomed to the 'lake effect' winters that going out and fucking around was nothing to us kids.

now when i go out to walk my dog and temp is under 40 degrees my balls shrivel up into oblivion and the ladies don't give as much love cuz i look like i just got short changed at the marble shack.

Hey. It all just aligned in my mind and makes sense now. Johnny. the Aggies. the Manzealots.

Johnny is the Lone Star.

That would be the 3 WISE Manzealots. And the little child shall deliver them from the Evil NFL.

That would be the 3 WISE Manzealots. And the little child shall deliver them from the Evil NFL.

Wow.Perfect! Jesus comparisons now. HAHAHAHAHA

You guys are GREAT!! Cant wait til monday, either way. Great or awful. It will be hilarious!

Gooooo Browns!

Johnny B. Goode

Please

Don't hate Texas- just arrogance. "America's Team" is arrogance. You want America's Team? Give me the Packers. Wasn't too keen on the Oilers when they were in the same division as the Browns either. Now? if the Texans smoke the Colts on Sunday, fine by me.

LOL, Ohio State- best damn band in the land. Hope they show the entire script Ohio New Year's Day. Really enjoyed the 59--0 beatdown of Wisconsin too.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. A great band & a beat down. I guess that would be fun now that I think about it.

Wow.Perfect! Jesus comparisons now. HAHAHAHAHA

You guys are GREAT!! Cant wait til monday, either way. Great or awful. It will be hilarious!

Gooooo Browns!

Johnny B. Goode

Please

Catching the Xmas spirit! Putting up the tree with our grandson tomorrow and hope the first present under the tree is a win over the Bungles. :D

I have agonized over their loses and celebrated their wins as much as you all with your respective teams. Even this year it killed me when they lost to Ole Miss and I went crazy when they beat Arkansas. There have been a lot of good quarterbacks at A&M, including Tannahill the year before Johnny. But Johnny was really that special. It got to the point where I was upset at a good kick return by A&M because it meant Johnny would get less yards.

And I don't get why rooting for certain players is worse than being a life long fan of a team. Rafael Nadal and Rory McIlroy are my favorite athletes and they are not on a team. I root for Lebron wherever he goes. That doesn't mean I am not a real Cavs fan now. If they lose it will kill me. Now I understand those of you who have watched the Cavs your whole lives feel differently about them than I do. But I don't care if you say I am not a real fan of the Browns or A&M. I will be watching and rooting for them same as you.

Nadal and McIlroy don't compete in team sports. That statement has no bearing on the conversation.

"I root for Lebron wherever he goes. That doesn't mean I am not a real Cavs fan now." ---- That is pretty much the definition of not being a real fan. I'm guessing if Johnny was ever on another team you wouldn't be a Browns fan either. Again, that would be the definition of not being a "real" fan.

In the original post that I quoted you said that you would rather see Johnny have NFL success than the Aggies. That isn't being a "real" Aggie fan, that is being a fan of a player (and too often, those are just JF dick riders). How could you ever root for the success of some NFL team you are only following because of one guy over the team you are supposed to be a "real" fan of?

If you got upset because the team you were "real" fan of got a kick return TD and that mean Johnny didnt get stats, you dont sound like a "real" fan at all. You sound like a Johnny Football dickrider.

Also, what other good QBs has Texas A&M had?

Never thought I'd see the day that the Browns had a bandwagon.

Nadal and McIlroy don't compete in team sports. That statement has no bearing on the conversation.

"I root for Lebron wherever he goes. That doesn't mean I am not a real Cavs fan now." ---- That is pretty much the definition of not being a real fan. I'm guessing if Johnny was ever on another team you wouldn't be a Browns fan either. Again, that would be the definition of not being a "real" fan.

I hate to intersperse in a reply, but I feel it's necessary here. That would be a definition of being a FANBOY, not a fan of a team. I suppose we're going to have to get used to the Fanboy invasion. Nothing wrong with it per se, but we have attracted a few FOOTBALL fans like TexasAg 1969 in the process. Was a Browns fan before JFF got here, and I'll still be a Browns fan even if they traded Manziel to the Texans or Cowboys tomorrow.

Ryan Tannehill.

i wish i could just reach through the screen and just... ERGH... you are the worst type of human being. hitler and bin laden had more dignity, character, and virtue than you. people like you make me nauseous

Now really- that a little over the top- I doubt he's killed anyone yet.

In the original post that I quoted you said that you would rather see Johnny have NFL success than the Aggies. That isn't being a "real" Aggie fan, that is being a fan of a player (and too often, those are just JF dick riders). How could you ever root for the success of some NFL team you are only following because of one guy over the team you are supposed to be a "real" fan of?

If you got upset because the team you were "real" fan of got a kick return TD and that mean Johnny didnt get stats, you dont sound like a "real" fan at all. You sound like a Johnny Football dickrider.

First of all, what makes you the judge of what a "real" fan is. Like I said I was a "real" fan of A&M many years before Johnny got there and I am a "real" fan now. But Johnny was honestly that special in my mind. I know a lot of older Aggies will disagree but I am relatively young and things have changed a bit.

And something else you need to understand about me is that I've lived in Dallas my entire life and ever since I was old enough to watch sports for whatever reason I absolutely despised Dallas teams. So it was impossible for me to be the old fashioned root for your local team guy. So no matter what I do I will never be considered a "real" fan in most people's eyes. I really don't see what the big deal is. Call be a front-running, band-wagoner, Johnny lover all you want. Fact is I enjoyed Lebron winning his titles because I was a Heat fan the last four years and now if the Cavs win that will make it 3 for me. And if Johnny wins 1 super bowl here and another somewhere else that will be 2 for me. I watch sports to see greatness, not year after year of mediocrity. That being said I might root for good players and good teams but I don't hop around. I stick to my players or my teams no matter the success or failures. This year if the Browns win it will make me just as happy as you, or close anyway. I respect cheering on local teams your whole life but that is just not the way I do it. Whether you except me as a Browns fan or not I will be here cheering for them as long as Johnny is here, whether that is 1 year or his whole career. And who knows, watching every Browns game for several years might turn into something more than just rooting for one player.

If someone can enjoy Nadal and McIlroy winning why can't I do the same for Johnny or Lebron. Sure there is definitely something about watching one team for your whole life and finally seeing them win it. I became a Yankees fan since 1998 and have rooted for them ever since. I am a Yankee fan for life, but it doesn't really feel any different than being a Johnny or Lebron fan.

Edit: If I was a fan of a team for a long time and a guy like me came along and just started rooting for my team I wouldn't like it either. But just know that I'm am not a 14 year old kid who roots for the Cowboys, Yankees, and Lakers. I am very passionate about whatever team I am rooting for and will stick with this team through thick and thin, as long as Johnny is here. I am nervous as hell for today's game, but not all for Johnny. I really want to win. I would rather Johnny throw 5 interceptions and win the game then throw for 300 yards and make spectacular plays but lose.

perfect, you're a yankee "fan" too to top it all off... you are a LOSER. hypothetically, if you ever happened to come up here for a game, and you told people at the tailgate all of this, you would be shunned... no one would want anything to do with you.. i can guarantee no browns fan on this board wants you to pretend to be a part of us too.

"Fact is I enjoyed Lebron winning his titles because I was a Heat fan the last four years and now if the Cavs win that will make it 3 for me."

this one right here ^^ *vomits*

"If someone can enjoy Nadal and McIlroy winning why can't I do the same for Johnny or Lebron. Sure there is definitely something about watching one team for your whole life and finally seeing them win it.I became a Yankees fan since 1998"

*more puke*

like i said before, hitler and bin laden had more dignity, character, and virtue than you.. and what's worse than you claiming to be a "real" fan of everything that happens to be great, is that you see absolutely no issue in the statement - "Fact is I enjoyed Lebron winning his titles because I was a Heat fan the last four years and now if the Cavs win that will make it 3 for me."

please, don't try to associate with us.

Hitler? Bin Laden? I'm here whether you like it or not. And it makes me happy knowing a guy like you doesn't like that. So here's to OUR team winning tomorrow and getting into the playoffs.

perfect, you're a yankee "fan" too to top it all off... you are a LOSER. hypothetically, if you ever happened to come up here for a game, and you told people at the tailgate all of this, you would be shunned... no one would want anything to do with you.. i can guarantee no browns fan on this board wants you to pretend to be a part of us too.

"Fact is I enjoyed Lebron winning his titles because I was a Heat fan the last four years and now if the Cavs win that will make it 3 for me."

this one right here ^^ *vomits*

"If someone can enjoy Nadal and McIlroy winning why can't I do the same for Johnny or Lebron. Sure there is definitely something about watching one team for your whole life and finally seeing them win it.I became a Yankees fan since 1998"

*more puke*

like i said before, hitler and bin laden had more dignity, character, and virtue than you.. and what's worse than you claiming to be a "real" fan of everything that happens to be great, is that you see absolutely no issue in the statement - "Fact is I enjoyed Lebron winning his titles because I was a Heat fan the last four years and now if the Cavs win that will make it 3 for me."

please, don't try to associate with us.

Thats pretty harsh man. True, but harsh.

Cool Hand Johnny.

It's going to be a blast watching this.

Just meet expectations, Manziel.

I expect you to rock the house, the offense to do the same,

and the defense to make those Bengal fans sorry they showed up.

I think Brandon Weedon looked better on his first start, and on a lot worse team.

At this point might as well let Midge finish the season, but if he looks like he does after another two games, I wouldn't commit a season next season.

There was a reason that Brady Quinn slipped in the draft. There might be a reason Colt Manziel slid, too. And we probably didn't need to trade up to get him....

Archived