THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

There has to be a very fine line between meddling and being involved in your team.

Meddling is overruling your hire hands or not allowing them to do what they do...but being involved is important.... You HAVE to know whats going on to make your employees accountable. Otherwise you end up like Lerner. Totally uninvolved. Totally clueless. And totally taken advantage of by your staff.

Jerry Jones is a loud mouthed media whore who made himself GM. I see zero comparison between him and JH

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manziel actually looked better this week.

Yes, he racked up 3 points and 57 yards of offense ... was actually on pace for 114 yards of offense and 6 points ... so I guess that is marked improvement.

Bolstered that QB rating up to 42 too.

And dispelled and notion of an injury-prone NFL career.

Zombo

Denial of what? Manziel actually looked better this week. I thought he improved, too bad he got injured. I was just very disappointed that he didnt get a better chance to prove so many of the haters wrong. It will have to wait till next season.

That said, i think the Browns are an up and coming team. I wish most Brown fans were a little more optimistic about the future. So much negativity here. Brings me down.

Damn... has 2015 camp opened already? Time flies...

Denial of the truth.

Did you not read your review of your second pass at the CIN game? You know... the one JM started?

I did.

Negativity? Us? Nah... High on the team... just not high enough to carry JM to competency.

Go Browns... Fuck dem Cowboys...

Damn... has 2015 camp opened already? Time flies...

Denial of the truth.

Did you not read your review of your second pass at the CIN game? You know... the one JM started?

I did. I have no idea what you are talking about.

Negativity? Us? Nah... High on the team... just not high enough to carry JM to competency. Its not your choice to decide (thankfully). Lets see what ownership/gm/coaches decide. I think they are pretty high on him still.

Go Browns... Fuck dem Cowboys... NFC East Champs buddy!

I'm here to help...

Just rewatched the game (well the Browns offense). Not as bad as i thought for Manziel. Some real positives and of course negatives. I think many of us owe Hoyer an apology because this offense, doesnt do shit to help their QB. That was my impression. Too many breakdowns on the o-line, WRs dont get open and dont fight for the ball, running backs not knowing the play calls, stupid penalties, blow plays. I mean, it was just poor execution on the entire offense. I thought the Bengals played everything perfect. Manziel missed a few throws, mostly because he hesitated. I think he sat in the pocket and went through his reads. Made some nice throws on the run. His foot work is his own style, if you wanted perfect foot work you should have drafted another QB. My prediction is he plays much better next week. I dont know if the offense will score alot of points but i think Johnny wont hesitate as much. I know the forum is losing its fucking mind, but i feel good about him still. Lots to stay positive about.

Just happy Cowboys made the playoffs. Been too damn long. Would be nice to get a bye but its unlikely. Seahawks are playing at a championship level. I think the winner of the NFC will win the Super Bowl.

unless it's someone from the nfc south. lol.

wtf is a romo spin? how he spins it like walter when he has a bad game?

i know you youngins love the 'new' nfl but if you would all just step back and look at the league rationally who are the best teams and what are they built upon?

offensive and defensives lines and the running game...you're right. so this scrambling qb bullshit is just that.

bullshit.

Sorry brah, i know what i typed. I dont see denial. I think i gave a pretty good rational response to what i saw.

Bottom line. You like conventional pocket passers. Me, I like the Romo spins, Wilson scrambling type stuff. I love it, its exciting to watch and it works when used at the right time.

Denial of denial is at least consistent.

Yet, I like Russell Wilson, but mostly I admire a QB with skill at his craft... and wins.

Later... "brah"

Id give up a second rounder. Claiborne sucks btw. He is a bust. You could probably get Bruce Carter too.

Then by all means, please call Jerrah...

Manziel is 22 years old right. He's just a kid. Give him some time to develop. There is no rush on Manziel. Don't give in to the Manzielmaniacs of there. You bring Hoyer back for a Veteran Journeyman's salary, nothing more, if he wants to be here then good. We need a serviceable QB. If you can hit on Mariota or whoever he is then strike. Keep striking on QB's until we find the next big one. We missed on Carr, I believe. But, Manziel just has some developing to do. He started this season really late and under immense pressure, under playoff implications and being the second coming and all that. He will do fine in an offseason training program and come back stronger and faster, with an offense suited to his strengths, with players capable to capitalize on his abilities. Find a way to sign Mike Evans.

Really Evans made a ton of plays for Manziel, but it wasn't just Evans. Manziel must have cohesion within the offense. They have to sync and come back to the QB, make plays in a freestyle manner when he's scrambling. That is going to be the hardest part, finding the guys able to do that. High football IQs and big bodies, good hands; no, great hands. We also have been spoiled with Alex Mack. What a tank. Losing him was like losing half the country in a war. What an impact a player like that has. Even Joe Thomas struggled without Mack anchoring the line.

Gotta get some really good "big uglies" to finish that damn line, once and for all.

Depends. Maybe there's still first round value hidden in Johnny. Right now, I don't know what the value is.

You guys are insane.

Right now, nobody is going to give up anything for JF. Be realistic. What has he done-to date- to warrant, even, a 7th Round pick.

I am not ready to chalk up JF as 'another Browns' First Round Bust" but, the fact of the matter is, his value is virtually non-existent at this point.

Next year will be a better indicator.

Manziel is 22 years old right. He's just a kid. Give him some time to develop. There is no rush on Manziel. Don't give in to the Manzielmaniacs of there. You bring Hoyer back for a Veteran Journeyman's salary, nothing more, if he wants to be here then good. We need a serviceable QB. If you can hit on Mariota or whoever he is then strike. Keep striking on QB's until we find the next big one. We missed on Carr, I believe. But, Manziel just has some developing to do. He started this season really late and under immense pressure, under playoff implications and being the second coming and all that. He will do fine in an offseason training program and come back stronger and faster, with an offense suited to his strengths, with players capable to capitalize on his abilities. Find a way to sign Mike Evans.

Really Evans made a ton of plays for Manziel, but it wasn't just Evans. Manziel must have cohesion within the offense. They have to sync and come back to the QB, make plays in a freestyle manner when he's scrambling. That is going to be the hardest part, finding the guys able to do that. High football IQs and big bodies, good hands; no, great hands. We also have been spoiled with Alex Mack. What a tank. Losing him was like losing half the country in a war. What an impact a player like that has. Even Joe Thomas struggled without Mack anchoring the line.

Gotta get some really good "big uglies" to finish that damn line, once and for all.

I honestly can't tell if you're fucking around or dead serious..?

Mik, do you not like Mariota? Or Winston?

If it's about him being to HIGH a PICK, You're telling me that They wouldn't trade the number 1 overall for both our first rounders and some more stuff?

I don't know how I feel just yet about draft picks until I break it all down.

Anyone else getting that Vibe from Haslam, Farmer, & Pettine?

I can guarantee knowing what they know now with all the off field stories, the abysmal Monday Night game, media frenzy, and all the hype they wouldn't of drafted him. I bet they would have stayed pat at 26 and taken Bridgewater or Carr. I don't know why, I'm just getting that vibe.

The "vibe" I get is you suck balls.

Mik, do you not like Mariota? Or Winston?

If it's about him being to HIGH a PICK, You're telling me that They wouldn't trade the number 1 overall for both our first rounders and some more stuff?

I don't know how I feel just yet about draft picks until I break it all down.

love mariota but i wouldn't want our FO to even think about giving soooo much away to get ONE player when we need like TEN.

that's only something you do when everything is set on both sides of the ball except that one piece. the injuries this year have opened a lot of people's eyes to what needs to be done.

DL OL DL OL LB WR OL DL and you can spin that anyway you want to.

Hoyer is a big "Maybe" for next year. He may be here or he may not be. It's really all on him, if he thinks he'll get a better shot at being the starter somewhere else, then so be it. He's never going to get as much support than he is at home. If he's the best, he'll play. And if that stuff about playing was all a bunch of PR then it don't really care if he goes. I'd give my an eye to play for Cleveland, maybe even one of my balls. HA!

Manziel is going to need some time. Maybe the light turns on this next year, maybe not. Rodgers took a few years to mature into the pro that he is. There is no rush. He's either ready or he's not. You're not going to eat a half frozen pizza, are you? Johnny is in the wings.

We have Shaw... another Maybe, developing player in the wings.

We most certainly will take another shot at the QB position this draft. You either have the guy or you're trying to get the guy. If the Browns can make a play on the #1 QB, the will by all means do it.

Archived