THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

Ive always been an advocate of make a decision and move on. Hate waffling and waiting on mediocrity....

If we are firing QB's and coaches too soon, why hasn't a single one got a similar job elsewhere?....not one single player or coach got picked up in a lateral move....

Every QB we cut is out of the league or a back up....

Every head coach we fired is out of the league or a position coach/coordinator....

I think that justifies the moves right there.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please accept my apologies for single handedly making our team losers since 1999. I ididn't know what I was doing.....I always thought it was my wife's fault. Whenever I was watching a game, and she walked into the room, the Browns would immediately play bad.

It is your wife's fault. My wife went to an A&M-Baylor game in Waco in 1985 (we lost). Did not go again until the Cotton Bowl against Tenn about 20 years later (lost and banned from any more games by our son). Then went to the A&M Baylor game in 2008 (ban was lifted) and we lost for the first time to them since that 1985 game. My son has now banned her for life and she is not allowed to watch games live either. :lol: :lol:

Good point Mud. Crennel is still a good D coordinator, but not good HC material. But another question...those that go nowhere after their time in Cleveland, is some of that attributed to the fact no one wanted to give them a chance after the ineptitude they showed while here? Perception can be killer. I suppose the arguement can be made those that are great would rise above that.

Or we could go with the ole "Cleveland ruined them" routine....

In the end, that'll probably be what they say about Johnny too

That's exactly what they'll say. It's going on in another thread right now, but it's true any QB would struggle with this Browns team of the second half of the season. The difference is we haven't seen a thing from Johnny that shows an NFL-ready QB that's struggling. We've seen a college kid QB not-NFL-ready that's REALLY struggling.

West Side Troll?

Stephen Jones (his son) has the old man under control. He is kindof the one secretly running the show.

Who knows, maybe Shaw will light it up this weekend.

If he gets a shot... yeah, maybe.

So Stephen, the rat bastard that talked Jerrah out of Johnny, the now the puppet master... got it.

I have no patience left for Johnny Manziel. I don't care how much he promises to work harder in the off season. I don't believe him.

You make me look like a fanboy...

Drew Brees and Russell Wilson have rings. Midget QB's can thrive in the right setting. Manziel might suck, but... at least give Johnny his chance to fail. Meaning more than a couple starts.

More starts? No... but I will give him training camp. Especially since it is now abundantly clear that the Staff had the QB evaluation right this entire season.

Be realistic, please. Do you honestly think Haslam is going to make an ass of himself by publicly admitting that Manziel........ his hand-picked "Barney Fife" was a mistake?

But if he knows it's a mistake, what does he have to gain by keeping him? Just prolonging the inevitable then, right?

More starts? No... but I will give him training camp. Especially since it is now abundantly clear that the Staff had the QB evaluation right this entire season.

Yes. At least we have that going for us, right? Lol. Unlike last year when Chud and company kept pushing Weeden on us over Hoyer.

If the Browns could get ANYTHING for him they have to make the trade asap.

Yea, I'm sure someone in the front office has a car that needs a quart of oil

It is your wife's fault. My wife went to an A&M-Baylor game in Waco in 1985 (we lost). Did not go again until the Cotton Bowl against Tenn about 20 years later (lost and banned from any more games by our son). Then went to the A&M Baylor game in 2008 (ban was lifted) and we lost for the first time to them since that 1985 game. My son has now banned her for life and she is not allowed to watch games live either. :lol: :lol:

I knew it!!

Are we talking about pulling the trigger? Cutting somebody after six quarters? Seems like there is an agenda underway. On the other hand in the same argument you tell me you have seen some greatness, or at least goodness, in brian.

I haven't seen what I would call flashes of greatness I've seen flashes of good enough to play in the NFL. I've also seen games we've won playing around his limitations. But regardless of the flashes he's been in the league for what 5 or 6 years already?

Look I understand the attitude, we all just want to shit can people if we don't like them personally and that's the feeling I get around here.

WSS

Certainly, I have seen much more positive in Hoyer than Manziel, but I've seen Hoyer for a lot more than 6 quarters. My only agenda is to see the Browns win more than they lose at some point. How we acheive that is not really that important to me. Whether it's with Manziel. Hoyer, Shaw, or you at qb. I don't expect Manziel to be cut after 6 quarters....and I wouldn't hope for that. Starting immediately after this season, though, if we don't hear about Johnny Football dedicating the off season to improving, and studying to become a real NFL qb, well... then I fully expect him to become a casualty of the competition, and lose his job. I don't expect Hoyer to be here, but there will be another draftee or veteran to pressure Manziel. I don't have any personal dislike for the guy. He's 22 years old.....holy crap....when I was 22, I didn't even have a job. No one could tell me anything, because I already knew everything. I had been drafted, and returned, collected checks from the government to go to college, but really spent most of my time hitch hiking to California and back.....many times. So...I don't hate him because he is immature...I wrote the book on how to be immature. But...the nature of his job...if he decides to keep it, will mean a lot of hard work and dedication. If he puts the effort in, maybe he can still be successful. I's a long shot, but if he's our qb, I'm rooting for him.

If the Browns could get ANYTHING for him they have to make the trade asap. Drafting Johnny will go down as one of the worst decisions of all time and the sooner the Browns can move on the better.

And see, I still don't consider it to be a bad decision. We knew he was going to boom big or bust hard. But I'd rather go with the guy with that high end potential, than safe middle of the road players.

It looks like Johnny Football is a bust. But that's a fine risk to take.

Yea, I'm sure someone in the front office has a car that needs a quart of oil

"Oil Can" Manziel... kinda rolls off of the tongue. And I'm not sure the NFL has ever had an "Oil Can"... MLB has, but NFL?

Sure hope the above "qualifies" as player talk...

Very hard to fool a real MD about a hamstring injury. Range of motion to be exactly the same before inducing pain would have to be well practiced by the injured party. JF's history shows he goes back in with injuries (throwing thumb prior to LSU game), knee brace added at halftime against Mo. Plus MRI will verify the injury.

Texas - do you think if his 6 quarters had gone well, he would have come out of the game? Post-game quotes were all about how he is going to work SO hard this offseason to be prepared for next year.

Dude pressed reset before the 'Johnny Football' brand received further damage - period.

Wrong. Faggots time is done here and likely the NFL in general.

It's actually not. "Pulled Muscles" in general are the easiest injuries to fake. It is near impossible to disprove a pull muscle claim without taking a battery of tests including an MRI. A Doctor isn't going to order an MRI during game time over a pulled muscle. Likewise it's going to be up to the player if they return or not. Fruitcake quit, period. Wow, you'll defend Fruitcake no matter what, won't you?

Why thank you for your medical opinion Dr. Dawg. How's that gynecology practice coming along BTW? You seem pretty good and searching out and diagnosing pussys.

Nobody. The fact is even though I'm not a Hoyer fan and I was disappointed on draft day. I don't see us taking a QB until we fill the needs for DT, ILB, WR, I was reading about Eddie Goldman from Florida State and he would be a good pick to stop the run. Jaelen Strong from Arizona St would be a good pick too.

What's the prognosis? Is he faking or the coaches keeping him bottled up for a possible trade?

Or he is faking it,like others have said and he's trying to reset THE HYPE. Who knows, but this gives us so much to debate and call each other names over the next 6 months. Let the Conspiracy theories Fly boys...

Archived