THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think all the signs are that JFF will be back next year. On a short leash to be sure.

On almost no leash. Check the link below- it just got shorter.

Happy New Year Johnny- hate to say it but from the looks of that video your New Year is going to be less than happy. I'm sure that snippet has been brought to the attention of Pettine, Farmer, and Haslam- and they'll doubtless take an extremely dim view of it. Haslam said "act like an adult". OK to the apologists- who hasn't gotten blasted out of their mind on New Year's Eve? Hell one pre New Years party- I brought the host a bottle of Segrams 7- and me and 10 other guys slammed it in the kitchen before I even sat down.

That said- Johnny is doing a great job of partying himself off the Browns roster. Don't know how many strikes the FO will give JFF before he gets shown the door- but he just used up one right there. Another 1\2 on the end of season video- which, as we just saw (again) was insincere as hell.

Time for the Browns and Manziel to part company. Do the Browns really want the distraction of a quarterback who showed almost zero promise in his first year? What kind of team are the Browns trying to build? Does it match what they are seeing with JM? It actually would be good for JM as well to make a new start somewhere else. The Browns gambled and loss big on Manziel. If Hoyer does come back I don't see any chance of Manziel legitimately beating him out as starter. After an off season of partying, the same old Johnny we saw this year will be back. People do and can change but all JM has done is talk the talk without walking the walk.

TMZ will be on every move he makes. That is how they make their money. You just can't give them the ammunition, JM will hand them the shotgun and turn the safety off for them.

And most of the guys on this board will hyperventilate over every story while bitching about Mary Kay Cabot and her reporting in the same breath.

WSS

Sorry, Ag... not buying it any longer. Sorry I wasted your time asking.

You know, I do appreciate what he's "trying" to do here, which proves he is delusional... it wreaks of "me" and just more bs talk....

The only reason he'd make this video is because he believes it shows that he means business.....

Video immediately reminded me of course I once took in tells people exhibit when lying. All I can say is Johnny needs to stay away from the poker tables.

And most of the guys on this board will hyperventilate over every story while bitching about Mary Kay Cabot and her reporting in the same breath.

Saint Steve... trying to keep us all grounded.

And some others will hyperventilate over the posts and be Jm & MK's advocates no matter how unprofessional they are....sounds like a cycle to me

Video immediately reminded me of course I once took in tells people exhibit when lying. All I can say is Johnny needs to stay away from the poker tables.

I took a similar course for sales....body language, mirroring, etc.....lots of twitchy face touches on that video....just sayin

Why do Manziel haters stalk this kid on social media? Jesus Chirst is this really news? It's the offseason!

Now they are stalking him????

Funny how everyone at TMZ "hates" only Manziel, but no one else?.....why is that?.....could it be that Johnny just keeps setting himself up?

Lots of other football stars and heisman winners in this world.....But, Im still waiting for the media vultures to stalk them....

I wonder how many other NFL fans & cities spent the year talking about their QB's party habits.....cause what JFF does is normal and should be expected???.....and we are abnormal by taking note?....

Tour a little sprinkle of reality on your burger couldn't hurt.

My burger is fine... and your act is getting very, very old.

He is hanging out with his friends and girlfriend in the offseason. Pettine himself admitted he was taking time off. Some of this is just lame. Grown ass people stalking him on Instagram.

Will people ever get tired of apologizing for him?

Yes, we do drone on about Johnny......

And it's just us fans who think he's screwing up.....oh, and all of the media.....and all of his teammates.....and all of his coaches.....and, now, even most of the manzielots......and, yes, even Johnny has said it himself(several times now).....

But, thats just my imagination, right?...and we are completely unjustified in our skepticism of JFF, because EVERYONE is wrong except the apologists....and all the negatives against him that have PROVEN to be right are still wrong, right?

Mud as you know I was talking to tour who just call me out for being repetitive. So I was tossing some shit back his way. Speaking of repetitive I'm too lazy to do the search but I wonder how many times the phrase "liar and alcoholic" has been repeated?

WSS

I would agree that its been said a lot of times and is probably inappropriate and a bit "over the top" at this stage....but at least I understand where its' coming from.....

Cant say the same for all those who are defending him....as I dont see how you can't see that he's been completely immature and irresponsible to this point.....I would like someone to give me one great big positive about JFF from this past season....just ONE

So...it boils down to some people going too far to discredit him and some people going just as far to protect him....there's a middle ground somewhere that just see's it for what it is....and, right now, it doesn't look good....why is that so hard to admit???

He should be kneeling on Rice outside of the Browns training camp all day. it is about 18 degrees here now. He needs to suffer some.

Nah, he needs to be doing this down the Halls of Berea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p9NTo6BWvs

Serenity Now!

Mud it's impossible to admit because of the mere fact that the three men I mention who actually have insight into this situation and the power to do whatever they wish don't seem to agree with the guys on this board who exhibit the over-the-top hatred. If they did they have cut the guy regardless of financial consequences during halftime of the Cincinnati loss.

If the rabid anti Jonny people here are correct he will never play another down in the NFL.

Plus there are a very few people on this board who think the kid has a chance to be a successful NFL quarterback. And I guarantee nothing.

WSS

Mud as you know I was talking to tour who just call me out for being repetitive. So I was tossing some shit back his way.

And I have just arrived at a new low where Johnny is concerned. To me the continued contrast is pertinent.

So brace yourself, Steve, as I fear Johnny, and my opinion of him, have yet to bottom out.

Manziel will be back and will compete for the starting job next year with a veteran.

I don't hate him, just disappointed in how he handled his first year as Cleveland Brown.

Really disappointed.

But he's got a chance to come back and play well and win us all over.

I'm rooting that he does so, because he's a Cleveland Brown.

I think a lot of us want to see him take the responsibility of being the Browns QB more seriously, and for the next 8 months all we have to judge him by is media reports, social media and whatever he puts out there himself, because we're not going to watch him play.

So those that hate him now will hate him for another 8 months, those that are disappointed but hopeful, like me, have to wait 8 months to get a real feel, and those, I mean "he", that still believes in him will believe in him for another 8 months.

All I want to see in the offseason regarding Manziel is spending time in Cleveland when he doesn't have to be in Cleveland.

Zombo

If the rabid anti Jonny people here are correct he will never play another down in the NFL.

Plus there are a very few people on this board who think the kid has a chance to be a successful NFL quarterback. And I guarantee nothing.

WSS

I think JF's biggest obstacle in his NFL career is JF.

Unless he changes his piss poor work ethic, and lackadaisical approach to being an NFL caliber QB he's destined to fail.

I certainly hope he changes his demeanor during the off season and proves me wrong.

God knows the Browns don't need another 1st round bust.

Moving beyond the 7 quarters of professional football...

Quite simply, Johnny Manziel is losing the battle of public perception and that is why many fans are up in arms. As fans, we are at the mercy of whatever information the news outlets feed us and we've become almost conditioned to see, hear, and read the sensationalist mantra that drives user-clicks and ad sales. Tell me that Johnny is riding an inflatable swan while clutching a bottle of champagne and Joe Sixpack will bite, yet print an article detailing his car arriving before schedule every morning in Berea and he'll pass it over. Heck, at this point is has become a self-fullfilling prophecy for critics because anytime Manziel does enjoy himself the moment will instantly be captured and blown up via social media, without mention of any other athlete doing the same.

Let us remember that prior to arriving in Cleveland Manziel was renowned for having a terrific work-ethic exemplified by his tutelage under George Whitfield each summer in San Diego. Whereas a large portion of college athletes returned home or worked summer jobs, Manziel willingly sought out a well regarded QB guru and leveraged this relationship in his committment to get better. Are we to believe that this dedicated approach to the sport was disregarded once Johnny was selected by Cleveland? I think it would be foolish to jump to that conclusion at such a nascent point in Manziel's professional career.

Truth be told, I'd argue that we will glean little insight into Johnny's development as a football player this offseason through whatever is reflected in the tabloids or newspaper because there is no way to quantify improvement until we see him step onto a football field next year. We simply do not know what work, and the utility of that work, Manziel is putting in from 9-9 or whenever. Is Manziel more committed to the Browns by drinking in the privacy of his home rather than at a bar? The next time that we see Manziel in Vegas are we going to argue that he'd become a better football player if he instead was flipping burgers at a casual backyard BBQ? I would hope not (but we will) because its an ignorant leap in logic. The professional athletes that we cheer for are not robots and do enjoy lives outside of sport. We are but given a small window, 19 weeks if we're lucky, of which to view them. The priviledge of hindsight offers that the Roethlisberger's, and Favre's, and Brady's, and Manning's did alright for themselves but lest we recall that winning has a way of curing any reasonable suspicion or care for how players utilize their personal time. And therein lays the dangers of perception that we, as fans, always struggle to interpret.

Farmer, Pettine, and the decision makers within the front-office should have the purest insight into Manziel's character, abilities, and work habits, so as difficult as it may seem at times I would argue that we should defer to their assessment of Johnny. My hope is that Johnny puts in the time and effort that will most certainly not be acknowledged by media outlets, and I will temper my judgement when his extraneous and irrevalent social exploits become media fodder.

I feel bad for the guy. I don't like him, he's spoiled, entitled, and thinks the rules don't apply to him. He'll either be a broke drunk out of the league in 3 years or he'll be a rich kid drunk living with his parents.

Either way he won't be in the NFL much longer. I'm willing to take wagers if anyone thinks otherwise.

Archived