THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As sad as the Raiders have been over the years, they might have nailed a potential set of franchise players on both side of the ball over the next decade with Mack and Carr.

Could had been us...but noooooooooo some of our great fans (including the homeless person) with excellent eye for talent wanted Manziel.

Brian Hoyer, according to most of you guys and the commentators, wants to go somewhere he will be guaranteed a starting job.

Let's be fair....thats "according to Mary Kay Cabot", considering it was her story....

So,now Im confused and need to hate...

do I hate Brian for saying he doesn't want play with JFF and being arrogant by demanding to start???

or do I hate on Mary Kay for making up stories and creating controversy where it doesn't exist???

Let's be fair....thats "according to Mary Kay Cabot", considering it was her story....

So,now Im confused and need to hate...

do I hate Brian for saying he doesn't want play with JFF and being arrogant by demanding to start???

or do I hate on Mary Kay for making up stories and creating controversy where it doesn't exist???

Do you think she made that up? Do you think he's not looking for a starting job? Do you think he's not looking for starting money? As far as the rest I'd say carry on as you have. Just hate everybody.

I don't blame Brian Hoyer and his agent for wanting to get the best deal possible for him.

It's a process.

but I don't hear any commentator saying sure Brian Hoyer will be back in Cleveland next year! Bank on it.

WSS

Brian hoyer is the worst rated qb by most metrics in the nfl. He's terrible. We should be glad we aren't going to resign him to be dog catcher, much less some sort of qb.

There is a separate thread about Hoyer. This thread is about Manziel who had the worst rating in the league for anyone throwing 20 passes or more.

I guess we weren't good at throwing passes, because our backup was even worse.

Both of them, actually.

Z

There is a separate thread about Hoyer. This thread is about Manziel who had the worst rating in the league for anyone throwing 20 passes or more.

I guess we weren't good at throwing passes, because our backup was even worse.

Both of them, actually.

Z

The key difference is that 20 passes is not an adequate minimum to determine anything......the whole season hoyer sucked for to place him at the very bottom of the league is adequate.

That's why on official stats you will find hoyer at the bottom and not manziel. Because hoyer had a ton of playing time and attempts.

The key difference is that 20 passes is not an adequate minimum to determine anything......the whole season hoyer sucked for to place him at the very bottom of the league is adequate.

That's why on official stats you will find hoyer at the bottom and not manziel. Because hoyer had a ton of playing time and attempts.

Hoyer 3-0 W-L, 82.6 Rating

Campbell 1-7 W-L, 76.9 Rating

Weeden 0-5 W-L, 70.3 Rating

Hoyer 7-6 W-L, 76.5 Rating

Shaw 0-1 W-L, 55.2 Rating

Manziel 0-2 W-L, 42.0 Rating

So, yes, compared to rest of the league his passing numbers were sub-par. But he was clearly the most effective QB on the Browns roster each year. Yeah, he is a backup quality QB, but he was the best we had and the offense, and QB play, was putrid without him.

So why rip on the one guy that at least helped us be competitive when there were no better answers on the roster?

So maybe Brian Hoyer is the 40th best QB in the NFL ... that would make him one of the top backups in the league. A guy you can start until you find better. That's all he was. The problem is that we didn't find better.

The problem is that first round pick Weeden busted. And first round pick Manziel was not prepared to play the position at the NFL level.

And even former first round pick Campbell did worse than Hoyer.

The problem is not that the undrafted free agent journeyman played like a competent backup, the problem is that the guys who were supposed to become the starters, played worse than the undrafted free agent journeyman.

We get it. Hoyer's a backup. He can win a few games in a stretch for you, but he is no franchise QB. We understand that. He shouldn't be starting. The problem is that the guys we brought in to be the franchise QB are so awful that we has continued to be our best option.

Let's not blame the career backup for playing like a backup. Let's get pissed because he was so much better than everybody else on our roster that two years.

We are spending first round picks on QBs and they can't beat out Brian Freaking Hoyer. That's the problem.

Zombo

.........Let us remember that prior to arriving in Cleveland Manziel was renowned for having a terrific work-ethic exemplified by his tutelage under George Whitfield each summer in San Diego. Whereas a large portion of college athletes returned home or worked summer jobs, Manziel willingly sought out a well regarded QB guru and leveraged this relationship in his committment to get better.........

Then JFF needs to ask for his money back. Apparently, by his on field play, George Whitfield taught him nothing!! :D

Then JFF needs to ask for his money back. Apparently, by his on field play, George Whitfield taught him nothing!! :D

Oh no! Not Whitfield! The same guy that thought EJ Manuel was going to be something??!??!

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Article/FSU-QB-EJ-Manuel-has-made-a-believer-out-of-QB-guru-Whitfield-79001

I mean c'mon! Does anyone expect anything out of Whitfield beside praised for his clients. He's paid to hype his students.

This guy said Manziel was the best of the bunch. Oh right..sure. Better than Luck? Pure BS.

Well only one of two possible ways to explain the Friday night party and subsequent 3 no-shows.

1. All 3 got to be the stupidest highly paid athletes on the face of the planet and all happen to be on one team and were keeping their stupidity in sync

or

2. All 3 were informed earlier in the week they would no longer be with the Browns in 2015 and would be shopped around, so they just don't give a shit anymore

Whatever it was it's obvious now all 3 are gone next season from this team. And at this point in time I agree it would be for the betterment of the Browns to part company.

yeah i think at least 2 will be gone....pothead and shrinkcase.......i'd like to see little chonnie gone also cause he's too small in size and in brain...plus he stinks, ....the only reason i can see all three of these players acting up like this is because they don't like coachie coach...so who is going to go..we no pettine isn't, i guess...bottom line is this really sucks, if we were in a division with jax, oakland and tampa bay we'd have time to recover, but folks, we are in a division with 3 of the best organizations in the nfl....CAN YOU SAY CELLAR DWELLERS FOR QUITE A LONG TIME....

yeah i think at least 2 will be gone....pothead and shrinkcase.......i'd like to see little chonnie gone also cause he's too small in size and in brain...plus he stinks, ....the only reason i can see all three of these players acting up like this is because they don't like coachie coach...so who is going to go..we no pettine isn't, i guess...bottom line is this really sucks, if we were in a division with jax, oakland and tampa bay we'd have time to recover, but folks, we are in a division with 3 of the best organizations in the nfl....CAN YOU SAY CELLAR DWELLERS FOR QUITE A LONG TIME....

This negative fuck still here?

Well, this leads to the frustration felt by most rational fans that know Manziel has the arm, legs, and mental capacity necessary to be a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, unfortunately none of which appeared during the two Sundays that mattered most in 2014. Johnny was never going to be as good as some made him seem but he also shouldn't be as bad as he played against the Bengals. He does have attributes that made and still make him an attractive prospect as the long-term solution at quarterback.

Well, this leads to the frustration felt by most rational fans that know Manziel has the arm, legs, and mental capacity necessary to be a successful starting quarterback in the NFL, unfortunately none of which appeared during the two Sundays that mattered most in 2014. Johnny was never going to be as good as some made him seem but he also shouldn't be as bad as he played against the Bengals. He does have attributes that made and still make him an attractive prospect as the long-term solution at quarterback.

Enlighten us on those attributes.

Let us remember that prior to arriving in Cleveland Manziel was renowned for having a terrific work-ethic exemplified by his tutelage under George Whitfield each summer in San Diego.

Truth be told, I'd argue that we will glean little insight into Johnny's development as a football player this offseason through whatever is reflected in the tabloids or newspaper because there is no way to quantify improvement until we see him step onto a football field next year. We simply do not know what work, and the utility of that work, Manziel is putting in from 9-9 or whenever.

I've got your ignorant leap of logic right here...

Amazing how in retrospect we can know what we cannot know in real time.

Amazing how we can be impressed by dedicated work with a QB guru that never materialized.

Amazing how we praise "a before schedule arrival" with no knowledge of how the time was used and less evidence that it was used well.

That is freakin' scary...

And of course the Browns are looking for another quarterback. Brian Hoyer, according to most of you guys and the commentators, wants to go somewhere he will be guaranteed a starting job.

If he signs with us, I guarantee he starts. He now knows he was the best we had all along.

He has all the makings of being one of the biggest busts ever but he doesn't seem to get it. I think he needs drug/alcohol counseling and some professional counseling as well.

jamarcus Russell anyone.

They also fell apart at the end of the season. Regression...

i recall a few years that we were looking good then we slip on dog shit. when Hillis had a good year i think we were touted to be turning the corner.

Well no hoyer didn't beat manziel out. He beat manziel out initially, but then manziel became the starter until he got hurt. The younger qb with more upside did eventually ascend to being the starter. As expected.

Actually Hoyer outplayed Manziel to be the starter this year. The browns only turned to Manziel once the playoffs were pretty much not a possibility. The browns wanted to start Manziel earlier but couldn't because he sucked donkey balls.. It doesn't matter how young you are. If you suck.. You suck.

I don't despise anyone that I have never met, and only read about on the Browns Board, TMZ or heard on the news. I do think he needs to get his shit together ASAP. I think some of the anti-JFF posters are much worse then the JFF fanboys.

First... love "The Last Detail"... quintessential Nicholson before he became a movie star.

Second, in either direction on any topic there is an irrational tipping point. Some topics are just more polarizing than others.

Well no hoyer didn't beat manziel out. He beat manziel out initially, but then manziel became the starter until he got hurt. The younger qb with more upside did eventually ascend to being the starter. As expected.

Anyone with an ounce of objectivity saw that Hoyer lost the job. Manziel won nothing. Manziel showed in his only start why he was behind a declining Hoyer for so many weeks. And once Manziel went down, roughly a minute and a half into that second start, Hoyer showed he was still the better QB.

Haven't seen so much twistin' since Chubby Checker debuted on American Bandstand...

Archived