THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a strictly business point of view, why not add incentives to any deal? ATT sells their business division to Verizon, they still keep options to buy Verizon for a lower price. If Verizon performs/overperforms, ATT sees a piece of the profits. If not, they don't.

AT&T's track record is a lot better than Johnnies.

When Titians trade out to collect other picks & needs it will be of what's left of Tunsill, Bosa, Jack or Goff. Tunsill is a monster & I could see us falling to Wentz, K. Hogan before Cardale Jones.

AT&T's track record is a lot better than Johnnies.

It's not too late. It will be like Star Wars toys 30 years from now. Keep it in original packaging (try not to throw up on it while drinking). ;):P

http://shop.clevelandbrowns.com/NFL_Cleveland_Browns_Jerseys/Mens_Nike_Johnny_Manziel_Brown_Cleveland_Browns_Game_Jersey

When I'm 99 maybe this will get me a day in a nursing home (The JM Rehab Center) and a cup of coffee. :ph34r:

My favorite from the comments section.: "Right now Jimmy and Sashi are working feverishly on putting together a scouting report for this Billy Manziel." :lol: :lol:

One more further down: "This is the greatest sports article in Cleveland history, and the Twitter feed is epic. Please let this story be true! If I'm Sashi Brown, I extend Manziel's contract for another eight years, on the condition that he never goes to rehab again, and promises to keep this up every weekend. This is priceless! I LOVE THIS GUY!!!"

If I was on this team I would wear a disguise too, but at this point the Browns are to blame for everything

They drafted him

They knew his past

They did the whole QB circus thing again

They didn't cut him

Why would anyone behave with this pushover team who shells out empty promises and threats. Hell I'll take the coaching job not only is it guaranteed money but I'll only have to stay two years and get paid for the next four

I don't think anybody would pay the price the Titans would want to trade out of #1.

That being said I expect Tunsil, then we'd have Goff or Bosa in our lap

Got to go with Bosa-can't keep chasing the QB tail for #20 whatever in a long line of mistakes. BPA.

I read that too so I know you're not kidding. By morning this will be all over the Internet! The article says Manziel didn't want to use his credit card and wanted his room compt. Whatever that means. Manziel has really got be let go! The Browns will probably cut him now instead of trying to trade him. I would give him the Bus ticket to Dallas and close the door. He's not sane. There's some kind of mental illness going on here.

I don't think it is mental illness Opal, just a young man with a substance abuse problem who needed the rehab treatment and to stay on the after care program after rehab. I was pulling for JM after going to rehab but I saw the red flags earlier which many wanted to dismiss as being minor. They would have been minor incidents for most but not someone who just spent months in rehab.

I have one comment to make on this, and then I'm DONE discussing Manziel...

He needs to go, and it needs to be done immediately. I know we spent a first round pick on the guy, but I don't care anymore. Cut him loose, and never speak of him again. Deep down in my heart I know it's more complicated. I truly believe that Manziel is a worse addict than any of us realize, and that's what hurts me the most. He needs so much help. Keep in mind that I have ZERO inside information, and I could be completely wrong. I don't want to sound like I'm a doctor diagnosing a patient, but from everything I've seen...the guy simply can't (won't?) help himself. Most addicts that I've come into contact with know they have a problem. They will eventually seek out help, and they will make progress. However, what happens next is they take steps backwards, and in some cases, they go FURTHER back than where they started. We've all heard, "A person has to hit rock bottom before they make changes", and there is some truth to that. Problem is, "rock bottom" is different for everyone. Manziel has followed this equation to a tee. He went to 10 weeks in rehab, no small endeavor. Many patients go for 28 days, or even two months, but 10 weeks is quite a stint. If I had to guess, he probably thought he was "cured", or that he didn't need as much help as he thought. He got cocky, and thought he could party and work his ass off in the NFL. And that's where he is wrong.

Manziel's story is sad, and it's a sad story that's been going on for ages. Supreme talent wasted by the inability to address a personal problem. The Browns tried to be caring, they tried to be sympathetic, but at some point a team has to cut ties. It's infuriating as a fan because we used a first round pick on the guy, and his talent shines through despite his personal problems. Yes his footwork is a mess, and yes his accuracy isn't what it should be, but his skills and abilities are there. I get the feeling that if he could just focus on his addiction problems, work his ass off in a 12 step program, his football ability would eventually bust out and he could be a legit starting QB in the NFL. Problem is, he doesn't appear anywhere NEAR ready to REALLY work on his personal demons.

It's another sad chapter in a very depressing book known as our Browns. It's time to turn the page yet again, and I pray the kid gets the help he needs AND puts in the requisite work to salvage not only his career...but his life.

Jalyn Smith, linebacker from Notre Dame. This kid is ALL over the place, and he's the kind of playmaking badass our team needs. We need a defensive presence that can make plays rushing the qb, stopping the run, and defending the pass. I think this kid checks off more boxes than anyone else. He's a bit light at 235, but by the time the combine comes around, I bet he'll be around 242 without losing speed. He's the guy a coach can build a defense around.

Jalyn Smith, linebacker from Notre Dame. He's a bit light at 235, but by the time the combine comes around, I bet he'll be around 242 without losing speed.

He might be 242 from sitting around for 4 months with a torn up knee. Not sure about the not losing speed part or him being at the combine.

Archived