THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

I do have to ask this question.....because you all accuse Bernie Kosar of it:

If he was truly suffering from serious concussion ramifications.....couldn't it appear that he was drunk without being drunk?

Not making excuses for him.....but I am wondering if it was really that, and that is why he was declared inactive so soon with no chance to evaluate him.

Maybe he really suffered some damage. I saw a reel from the KC game where it showed JMZ being earholed once, body slammed on his head another two times.

So, maybe he really, really was in a very bad state of concussion.....and his dishelvement and actions were those of a guy with a bad concussion and not a guy that was inebriated.

Again, no excuses for him.....his trip to Vegas was enough to put him on any shit list.....but still. Drunk or concussed? (unless they say he had a strong odor of alcohol about him)

Any MD worth his salt who was diagnosing concussion vs inebriation would have ordered an immediate blood alcohol level test (I'd include drugs in that too) if there was even the slightest hint. No MD worth a shit would diagnoses concussion just for the sake of the team if there was even the slightest possibility of intoxication from substances. Most real MDs do have ethical standards.

Either way none of it excuses Vegas if eventually proven true.

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read somewhere an article with a neurologists opinion when questioned about JM in which he stated the if his concussion was a mild one, which he could only presume it was, then he would have been fine to fly to Vegas. Also stated had it been a severe concussion he'd be ill advised, probably medically not allowed to fly (making the concussion over drunkenness claim highly unlikely), so either way its a blatant disregard to his own and the teams best interests.

Good riddance

Manziel's girlfriend's best friend talking about the Vegas trip. Seems like he definitely went.

Grossi reports Manziel was at team facility today, first in and first out - didn't go into the locker room to talk to the media.

The reports of him being drunk in the facility this week and not concussed seem to be gaining more traction as well.

Any MD worth his salt who was diagnosing concussion vs inebriation would have ordered an immediate blood alcohol level test (I'd include drugs in that too) if there was even the slightest hint. No MD worth a shit would diagnoses concussion just for the sake of the team if there was even the slightest possibility of intoxication from substances. Most real MDs do have ethical standards.

Either way none of it excuses Vegas if eventually proven true.

That is why I speculate about his "inebriation/dishevelment" actually being those concussion related symptoms....and not drunkenness.

But....fuck him anyway....the drunk.

My Cleveland Browns are not a halfway house for drunken assholes, even if they are concussed. It is a place for winning football players. Not petulant children. He may have been concussed on Wednesday.....but his judgment wasn't so affected that he couldn't tell that going to Vegas was not the right thing to do.

I'm sure Johnny has a good excuse for not showing up in Berea Sunday morning.

"I went to church"!

Or, "I forgot...I do have a concussion ya know"?

He didn't know he had to be there. That's what he said.

Gilbert said he missed a lot of meetings last year because he's a "heavy sleeper"

He didn't know he had to be there. That's what he said.

Gilbert said he missed a lot of meetings last year because he's a "heavy sleeper"

These two fucking CUNTS are beyond the pail, I hope their NFL careers are over they don't deserve to play anywhere let alone here

Well, the guy that drafted him just got fired. He was one of the reasons why.

No.. the guy that drafted him still owns the team.. And thats an even bigger problem Gip.. And he still wants to doit by hiring the HC first.. ughhh

I do have to ask this question.....because you all accuse Bernie Kosar of it:

If he was truly suffering from serious concussion ramifications.....couldn't it appear that he was drunk without being drunk?

Not making excuses for him.....but I am wondering if it was really that, and that is why he was declared inactive so soon with no chance to evaluate him.

Maybe he really suffered some damage. I saw a reel from the KC game where it showed JMZ being earholed once, body slammed on his head another two times.

So, maybe he really, really was in a very bad state of concussion.....and his dishelvement and actions were those of a guy with a bad concussion and not a guy that was inebriated.

Again, no excuses for him.....his trip to Vegas was enough to put him on any shit list.....but still. Drunk or concussed? (unless they say he had a strong odor of alcohol about him)

strong odor of an alcoholic beverage. Ethanol is for most intents and purposes odorless. Its the other stuff - yeast, hops, etc that provide the odor.

Pettine denied that Manziel was drunk at the facility

I read where Pettine might have been parsing language about this. Pettine said Manziel was not drunk Tuesday at the facility. It was Wednesday when Manziel was alleged to have been drunk.

Grossi asked coach Mike Pettine, who was fired Sunday, about whether the alleged incident occurred Tuesday.

“He denied that that happened on Tuesday,” Grossi said. “But other people I’ve talked to said that it happened the next day, on Wednesday.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/01/04/johnny-manziel-browns-inebriated-report/

Who cares anymore, let's just hope we can get Jerrah to overpay.

The keep him here and make him play scout team CB approach is appealing, but it's better to just cut ties and get as much as possible in return.

Jerrah likes to party too anyway. Weren't there pictures of him drunk groping 20-something year old women in a bathroom?

Actually....in my opinion.....if indeed all this shit is being done by Johnny so he can get out of Cleveland and go to Dallas....then the one thing we need to do is to punish him. How?

Keep Johnny in Cleveland.

Sure....fuck no, don't play him.....Put him in Purgatory. Bring him back to training camp.....put him in the preseason games. Hint all along that you will trade or release him...

Then find a way to get him on to the Injured Reserve list. In those preseason games put him out there with our 3rd string OL against the opponents starters.....and let him get hammered. Find a way to put him on the Browns IR list so that he will have to sit an entire year.....where he will get no attention from anyone. Not the TMZs, or other teams, or other media.

Make him persona non grata.

Let him stew for a year in anonymity. That would serve him proper.

A thought that hadn't occurred to me Gip- find a way to put him on IR. But really, the guy is a locker room cancer- it's past time to pull the plug.

strong odor of an alcoholic beverage. Ethanol is for most intents and purposes odorless. Its the other stuff - yeast, hops, etc that provide the odor.

I'll violently disagree that ethanol is odorless. If you open a bottle of vodka and can't smell anything, there's something wrong with your nose. FWIW, I used to work with pure 200 proof molecular grade stuff. I agree the impurities in beer have a smell. But they just contribute to the smell. Some of it is probably due to the breakdown products of ethanol.

These two fucking CUNTS are beyond the pail, I hope their NFL careers are over they don't deserve to play anywhere let alone here

I hope you were making a bit of a joke with "the pail" comment. Here is what it actually means:

The phrase "beyond the pale" dates back to the 14th century, when the part of Ireland that was under English rule was delineated by a boundary made of such stakes or fences, and known as the English Pale. To travel outside of that boundary, beyond the pale, was to leave behind all the rules and institutions of English society, which the English modestly considered synonymous with civilization itself.

To be Beyond the pail.....like you mean it, may have meant that they were both drunk and need a pail to puke in.

I don't see any more defenders Mark. Let him stay in Vegas. He'll either have an epiphany or will end crawling home broke.

I know you love a well-placed movie clip... here's one for the road... JFF's road, not yours...

I have been behind this guy I rooted for him I was happy we got him and now...........he needs to go, fuck him I hope he plays way to hard and breaks both his fucking legs in the off season and never plays another down. He is way more of an ass that we are even seeing,

So I was just watching Mortenson on ESPN who said he wouldn't be surprised to see Johnny traded to Dallas for a condition fifth.

Screw that. If Jerry is so high on Manziel why not structure a deal that has a potential up side for both of us.

We take the conditional fifth, but the condition is if JM takes more than 75% of the snaps and Dallas makes the playoffs that fifth becomes a #1.

AND if Johnny takes more than 75% of the snaps in the next three years and Dallas wins the Super Bowl in that period we get a second #1.

Let Jerry put his money where his mouth is. If he wants Johnny so much, this is a win/win. He wins. We win.

Additionally, I wouldn't release Johnny outright. Just demand that he honor his contract while making it clear it will never get off the bench ever. He practices with the thirds. Is inactive on game day. And if he makes a fuss or holds out fine him daily, suspend him, and cost him two years of his career. Fuck us? Fuck him!

So I was just watching Mortenson on ESPN who said he wouldn't be surprised to see Johnny traded to Dallas for a condition fifth.

Screw that. If Jerry is so high on Manziel why not structure a deal that has a potential up side for both of us.

We take the potential fifth, but if JM takes more than 75% of the snaps and Dallas makes the playoffs that #5 becomes a #1.

AND if Johnny takes more than 75% of the snaps in the next three years and the win a Super Bowl in that period we get a second #1.

Let Jerry put his money where his mouth is. This is a win/win.

Additionally, I wouldn't release Johnny outright. Just demand that he honor his contract while making it clear it will never get off the bench ever again. And if he makes a fuss or holds out fine him his whole salary if need be. Fuck us. Fuck him.

And let's also trade Joe Haden for 5 first rounders and Joe Thomas for Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy!

I love you guys but some of you just have no clue how the NFL works when it comes to trades and situations like this. We'd be LUCKY as this point to get beyond a 3rd-4th round pick for the dude.

And let's also trade Joe Haden for 5 first rounders and Joe Thomas for Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy!

I love you guys but some of you just have no clue how the NFL works when it comes to trades and situations like this. We'd be LUCKY as this point to get beyond a 3rd-4th round pick for the dude.

From a strictly business point of view, why not add incentives to any deal? ATT sells their business division to Verizon, they still keep options to buy Verizon for a lower price. If Verizon performs/overperforms, ATT sees a piece of the profits. If not, they don't.

I know you love a well-placed movie clip... here's one for the road... JFF's road, not yours...

Way ahead of you Tour- posted the trailer for Leaving Las Vegas on the "Johnny Vegas?" thread yesterday. Page 2.

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39149&page=2

I read where Pettine might have been parsing language about this. Pettine said Manziel was not drunk Tuesday at the facility. It was Wednesday when Manziel was alleged to have been drunk.

Grossi asked coach Mike Pettine, who was fired Sunday, about whether the alleged incident occurred Tuesday.

“He denied that that happened on Tuesday,” Grossi said. “But other people I’ve talked to said that it happened the next day, on Wednesday.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/01/04/johnny-manziel-browns-inebriated-report/

Why in the fuck would you ask if it happened on Tuesday knowing the day in question was Wednesday?

Now on a side note if Johnny was drunk and sent home could the Browns get in trouble about lying on the injury report?

He fucking raps and drinks four loko's on christmas.....

and doesn't respect us....

what a spoiled little bitch

fuck him//

To quote the mighty ducks, "He's not even a has been, he's a never was"....

Wasn't that Eddie Martell in the Replacements?

Archived