THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

19 hours ago, Bob806 said:

War Pigs

My favorite song, favorite band. 

Egad, Bob. All American soldiers and generals are "pigs" because they fight a war? what the hell? That sure seemed to be an American soldier putting a blindfold or bandage on another person.

"War PIgs" is somebodies' mind on drugs as to it's creation.

btw, is this acid rock? really not my thing.I had to make jumps forward because the music sucked. Maybe on a point of "that is tough music to play" but I only play my harmonica and haven't strummed my guitar for a long time now, and I can't read music....

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Egad, Bob. All American soldiers and generals are "pigs" because they fight a war? what the hell? That sure seemed to be an American soldier putting a blindfold or bandage on another person.

"War PIgs" is somebodies' mind on drugs as to it's creation.

btw, is this acid rock? really not my thing.I had to make jumps forward because the music sucked. Maybe on a point of "that is tough music to play" but I only play my harmonica and haven't strummed my guitar for a long time now, and I can't read music....

The "pigs" are in reference to the government, not the soldiers.

I always enjoyed Black Sabbath. Contrary to what the critics said, they weren't into "the devil" & played many love songs. 

I like that era...Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Yes, Golden Earring etc

9 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

The "pigs" are in reference to the government, not the soldiers.

I always enjoyed Black Sabbath. Contrary to what the critics said, they weren't into "the devil" & played many love songs. 

I like that era...Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Yes, Golden Earring etc

I'm not able to appreciate all that. I'm way too stodgy, I reckon. lol

But soldiers fly those planes, etc.

Then again, I have no use for any kind of art, except realism. Of all my good grades in college, I got a "D" in "art appreciation". Good thing I never took a music class.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

I'm not able to appreciate all that. I'm way too stodgy, I reckon. lol

I like some mellow stuff too...Carpenters, CSN& Y, Steely Dan to name a few.

2 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I like some mellow stuff too...Carpenters, CSN& Y, Steely Dan to name a few.

Allison Krause and the Union Station, Brad Paisley, Garth Brooks. I'm old school country. Country stodgy. lol.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, syd said:

i like this pig reference "the one's with wealth and power" that manipulate society

Animals is my favorite Pink Floyd album!

Saw them at Cleveland Stadium on the Animals tour, the old World Series of Rock. Really great.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, syd said:

but what's strange is Heaven and Hell is my favorite Sabbath L.P

It's good but for me true Sabbath is Ozzy & the 1st 8 albums. Love 'em all.

14 hours ago, Bob806 said:

It's good but for me true Sabbath is Ozzy & the 1st 8 albums. Love 'em all.

part of me wishes we had done this movie back in our senior class in high school.

I'm country stodgy, but I can dance this good! (well, as soon as I get my left knee replaced......)

• Upvote 1

Got to admit it's a little bit funny listening to guys Rage Against, well, the Machine while doing their best to rake in as much profit as possible from it.

Then again that's nothing new in entertainment and doesn't mean that whatever it is isn't entertaining. I think Will Rogers was one of the richest guys of his era.

WSS

An oldie but goodie in honor of our small high school friend Rhonda Rodgers who sadly died of a brain aneurysm at age 40. The song came out while we were in that high school and naturally we loved singing it to this lovely strawberry blond beauty. She loved our daily "serenade".  😍

• Like 1

those teenage concert flashbacks... 📸

@Axe have you heard of this place in Sarasota,Fla. that Brian Johnson hits up when at home?

The Irish Rover Pub 🍺. I've read some posting that the Pub has now closed.. but, saw some active posting as of 3 years ago w/Johnson still showing up at the same Pub... these...had to be crazy

that Sunday morning / turn on your radio/ don't look in the mirror 🖼️  

early in evening edit .. 

Musical street corner beggars 🎸...  I only bring one request to tip 💰