THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

sitting out in our woods, listening to:

you can see bigfoot tried to sneak up on me, but I finally got him on film. (left hand side)

That sounds so nice there cal / fox,Ā  nothing like the beautiful sounds of nature to sooth your soul.Ā  Ā Ā :)

Especially in this sometimes uptight Ā stressful world,Ā  relax and just listen to the music all around you.Ā 

......Ā  Thanks,Ā  Ā mjp.

10 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That sounds so nice there cal / fox,Ā  nothing like the beautiful sounds of nature to sooth your soul.Ā  Ā Ā :)

Especially in this sometimes uptight Ā stressful world,Ā  relax and just listen to the music all around you.Ā 

......Ā  Thanks,Ā  Ā mjp.

I actually have sat in our woods for hours, like if my Wifie is out on game night with the girls, or they go shopping out of town, etc. Now, if I could just get her to go with me for any length of time. I actually have a picture of a fox squirrel looking down at me from 7' above my head as I sat on the ground against that tree. Squirrel looked at me til I slowly took it's picture. I also have a pic of a Great Horned Owl baby on a branch. Kinda like having your own tiny national park.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I actually have sat in our woods for hours, like if my Wifie is out on game night with the girls, or they go shopping out of town, etc. Now, if I could just get her to go with me for any length of time. I actually have a picture of a fox squirrel looking down at me from 7' above my head as I sat on the ground against that tree. Squirrel looked at me til I slowly took it's picture. I also have a pic of a Great Horned Owl baby on a branch. Kinda like having your own tiny national park.

I have left my "Outback" uncut about 3 week now because it's bambi time. Sure enough when I got back from my bluebird and blossoming Magnolia tree sighting bike ride, I went back there and found where mama and bambi had slept in the high wild grass the night before between us and our woods. Then late in the day there they were with mama munching the tall grass and bambi mooching off mama. I also love to make every kind of bird callback whistle usually to get them "talking" right back to me for extensive conversations. Nothing like natural sounds and sights in nature cal. I learned the sound of silence in the woods of my grandparents 70 acre place when I was growing up. Still enjoy it all to this day. Of course the grandkids think I'm crazy for talking to the birds all the time. But the cats like that they often come closer to see who their "rival" is. LOL!šŸŽµšŸ¦šŸ˜»

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gumby73 said:

12 years later from...

Still a Jerry Reed ClassicĀ šŸ¤ 

Ā 

Haven't heard that for many years. Reed was really funny.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning on my walk I got into a "conversation" with a Texas Mockingbird. I love to imitate sounds of different birds and almost always get them replying as "one of them". Mockingbirds have a huge repertoire of sounds and for the first 10 or so I was able to do so well that he/she followed me going from tree to tree making even more calls. Finally at one point the mockingbird went into a rapid change from one call to another and I just could not keep up Got maybe 2 or 3 of the 10 newer ones. Now I know how the guy in "Deliverance" felt. That damn bird was mocking into submission! šŸ¤—

Ā 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just for nickers. šŸ˜šŸŽø

Men's T shirt Tee Henley Shirt Tee Graphic Color Block Guitar Henley Black Brown Green 3D Print Casual Daily Short Sleeve Button-Down Print Clothing Apparel Sports Fashion Stylish Vintage

Shirt is ugly AF but I love the printed message lol

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 9:07 AM, tiamat63 said:

Just felt it necessary given the conversation in the Superbowl thread.Ā  Maybe a place where someone finds something they like randomly with what we share.

Ā 

You can present your music with or without any other commentary. I tend to choose the latter.

Just a great jam, IMHO.Ā  I love funk, and if you pay attention to the lyrics - a commentary on hip hop (at the time) with what record executives wanted the band to produce, but what they felt ended up doing - rock n roll shelters all.

Ā 

Ā 

@D Bone.... Like I said, if you ever work up the nerve to listen.

Ā 

Ā 

WOW!Ā  The 2nd singer takes this song to another level.Ā  They're both good though.Ā  Another band that used to offset vocals well (if they're your cup of tea) was Linkin Park.Ā  The song below doesn't have very much of a blend; but the guy with the backward cap doing an occasional chorus - does do some rap in quite a few of their other songs.Ā  Again, this might not be for everybody.Ā  They kind of grew on me.Ā  Every time I heard them I'd be like who was that?Ā Ā 

Ā 

11 hours ago, Flugel said:

Ā Another band that used to offset vocals well (if they're your cup of tea) was Linkin Park.Ā 

Ā 

I'm early 30s, I grew up with Linkin ParkĀ šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Ā 

The song below doesn't have very much of a blend;

Chester does good stuff on his own.

Ā This was a side song project he did that I remember randomly stumbled across on 92.3 out of CLE when they did late night alternate jams.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

but the guy with the backward cap doing an occasional chorus - does do some rap in quite a few of their other songs.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That's Mike Shinoda who had his own solo project that was pretty decent.

Ā 

• Like 1