THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Interesting. I try to listen to most of these things especially the ones outside my own wheelhouse. I can always appreciate different and unique textures Etc.

WSS

I'm generally not into that sort of thing (what I posted) myself.   The Renholder mixes are old school (at least, to me they are) I had a few of them on my playlist in high school and college.   The artist touches on a lot of alt and hard rock, puts his own blend of industrial rock, strings and synth work into it.  Think, sort of like Nine Inch Nails as an influence.      I'm not overly fond of the genre' itself, but I won't say no to songs themselves that catch my ear.  

This is another example.  The original song (and the band itself) is terrific, but like I said, I enjoy various new mixes.

On 9/1/2022 at 4:17 PM, tiamat63 said:

I'm generally not into that sort of thing (what I posted) myself.   The Renholder mixes are old school (at least, to me they are) I had a few of them on my playlist in high school and college.   The artist touches on a lot of alt and hard rock, puts his own blend of industrial rock, strings and synth work into it.  Think, sort of like Nine Inch Nails as an influence.      I'm not overly fond of the genre' itself, but I won't say no to songs themselves that catch my ear.  

This is another example.  The original song (and the band itself) is terrific, but like I said, I enjoy various new mixes.

Yep. Like a lot of stuff I find it interesting just not something I could listen to on a day-to-day basis. Ironically at this point in my life I don't spend a lot of time listening to music as I always feel like it's taking away time for me to be thinking about melodies or lyric lines in my head thereby bypassing the creative instinct/process.

But even in stuff that I don't particularly enjoy I can recognize and respect the complexity involved in bringing it from the microphone to a wave file. Haha. It's just of the many facets of the musical arts I'm drawn to aren't exactly the same as the ones that others may be drawn to. If that makes any sense.

Also I find classic rock stations just about unbearable. I've been pretty close to this stuff my whole life and the big classic rock songs they decide represent the era are hardly ever my favorite songs from whichever artist they select.

WSS

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

For the most part, I really can't stand the music Godsmack made/makes.     However I can't deny it's a pretty solid cover.   And obviously I'm good with 70's AeroSmith.  Beyond that? Not so much.

edit: Cover of a cover.  So yeah, whatevs.

😆 couldn't really get next to that one..

WSS

• Haha 1

The long road back for Eric Clapton 🎸 https://rockcelebrities.net/eric-clapton-has-two-diseases-that-can-end-his-career/

Eric Clapton announced he will be hosting a series of concert dates across the U.S. in September 2022.

Welcome Back Eric Clapton !  Columbus, Ohio 1 week ago

• 3 weeks later...

The Wife & I, have a Clemson wedding party Saturday morning hangover request .. 🤯

Have ya ever watched 10 Bridesmaids wake up the next day?

Holy Hell's Bells it's a Breakfast table laughing riot !   :D

• 2 weeks later...