THE BROWNS BOARD

What/Who are you currently listening to?

tiamat63

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of ZZ Top's La Grange..................................this was taken yesterday somewhere in the vicinity of the ole Chicken Ranch outside of La Grange, a field full of newly flowering Texas Bluebonnets. Spring here is the prettiest time of the year and the near 3 inches of water we got from the melting ice/frozen rain storm we had last month is now paying off in a great Bluebonnet season.

May be an image of nature

• Like 1

I'm sorry.. I am a huge lifelong RUSH fan.. They are largely why I am a musician (depending upon who you ask) to this day.. 🤘😆🤘
Desert island bands are often brought up. RUSH, because of their longevity and body of incredible work would be mine..
  • Like 1

Time for a little quiet Brazilian Bosa Nova song................my fav from that era with singer Astrud Gilberto.

The song came into being because the writers/composers were sitting in a cafe near Ipanema Beach when this beautiful young girl passed them by every day on her way to the beach never knowing she was being admired. You can youtube up actual interviews with the woman in later life. Still beautiful after many years.

I have always found it interesting how different areas of the country pronounce words. This band is from California and pronounces the word "alone" as "ah-lawn", whereas in Texas that same word gets pronounced "ah-loan". Anyway a not too ancient song like others I've posted. 👨‍🦳😁

since I was laid up with my knee, need it replaced  ASAP hopefully, although it isn't the time of year that is convenient. We'll see...

I was going over some songs from the past I really like....

this is one of them.

Bob Dylan "knock knock knocin on Heaven's Door". This song is from the

movie "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid". Cept I never have seen the movie...

In the film, the song plays after Sheriff Colin Baker, an ally of Pat Garrett portrayed by Slim Pickens, is mortally wounded in a shootout with Billy the Kid’s gang. Baker and his wife are by a riverside, preparing themselves for his death, which is not actually shown onscreen.

https://genius.com/Bob-dylan-knockin-on-heavens-door-lyrics

This song was included by the Western Writer’s as one of their Top 100 Western Songs of All Time.

On 4/10/2023 at 6:46 PM, calfoxwc said:

since I was laid up with my knee, need it replaced  ASAP hopefully, although it isn't the time of year that is convenient. We'll see...

I was going over some songs from the past I really like....

this is one of them.

Bob Dylan "knock knock knocin on Heaven's Door". This song is from the

movie "Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid". Cept I never have seen the movie...

Think maybe Dylan was inspired by Mart Robbins' earlier singing of an old song, Streets of Laredo. I like both of them.  

15 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Brilliantly written new song..  Wallen w/Eric Church

that is excellent. I wish I had written that one. If only I had the musical talent etc lol.

it's a great song - I have given up on so much "genx country" music these days - but this song is outstanding.

• Upvote 1