THE BROWNS BOARD

Vaccination mandate

Westside Steve

On 11/1/2021 at 12:01 AM, VaporTrail said:

For me, age 50. Somewhere around that time, my risks from a severe COVID infection will outweigh whatever misgivings I have about potential side effects.

For people who are younger? People under 18? The risk of myocarditis to males is increased particularly in male populations with the Moderna vax. It's insane to me that the world seems to be okay with passing risks for the old and unhealthy to the young and hale. And this only factors in the effects that show themselves this early (i.e. - the ones that are getting headlines this year and last year). My big concern, and a question that won't have an answer for decades, is if it increases your lifetime risk of autoimmune disease. If that's the case, then my vote is to let nature run its course like it did with the Spanish flu.  

And SARS

And not to stir the pot but it doesn't seem like we wait decades on long-term effects for anything no matter how long it takes to get through the FDA.

WSS

On 11/16/2021 at 11:05 AM, Canton Dawg said:

You mean compare them to the typical seasonal flu and pneumonia deaths each year?

Well, somehow those magically disappeared.

Woody is right. The VAERS numbers don't mean a whole lot unless compared to a control. I don't think the VAERS reporting rate is only 1%, but I suspect that cases are underreported and wouldn't be surprised if it's below 50%. Anecdotally, I know two other doctors who got the vaccine and had Bell's palsy within 2 days of getting vaccinated. Only one of them bothered to seek care for it.

14 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And not to stir the pot but it doesn't seem like we wait decades on long-term effects for anything no matter how long it takes to get through the FDA.

Well yeah, when polio is crippling nursery aged children, parents obviously aren't going to wait. When you're 60, and you're seeing friends your age in the ICU with COVID, you're not going to wait either. I believed I was healthy enough to afford the luxury of waiting it out, but got it in hopes that it would reduce risk for my elderly family. The crux of the issue is that the government is coercing people, even those not at risk, into getting it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 11/13/2021 at 5:16 PM, LogicIsForSquares said:

I don’t believe so but I would do some reading to see if it is worth it for you guys. I am younger and in good health so I may pass on the booster but I am still on the fence. I plan on a Germany and Ukraine trip in June and I am sure they will want me to have had it before allowing entry.

All you young motha's going to get old too!  Maybe.

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The title of that article and the actual contents of that article are two very different things...

image.png.c76523a94c99c84f66cd561850801e5b.png

image.png.56bcf1e93318b2d535c36ab759e8599f.png

image.png.2bd3f308997e249a89fdb4fe33350603.png

May be weak, but it's there.

This is happening more than alluded too.

image.png.fbca8f32e24aa8bd21360889e405f906.png

State workers were just laid off in the last couple weeks if they didn't have the shot.

Now they're hiring non shot workers.

Quite a load of crap, but they're doing it, and I've heard other Companies are doing the same thing.

• Upvote 1

shortsighted on all fronts from bidens decisions on down to the feeble minded dweebs following orders 

if the one thing you get out of all of these mandates - vax or be fired choices 

dont be surprised that the short staffs in hospitals or essential public services 

to the transportation sectors that cannot (or will not) fly you or truckers that cannot drive 

these werent in play last year under POTUS 45 -DJT.  

One would hope that Americans are smart enough to realize the veryou have to realize the very small amount of benefit society gets from being vaccinated for covid.  You guys know I think there's enough benefit that people should probably get the shot.  Still it's not a heaven or hell issue like most people want to make it.

One reason I think the morbid fear of covid is still as high as it is it's because people like having an excuse to fuck off and follow the path of least resistance. Now lazy pricks can stay home on the couch 247 because they are concerned about health and safety rather than  admitting they are just deadbeats.

(Just as an aside how stupid are people  that are truly concerned about long term deadly effects of the vaccination but go ahead and get one because they get put into a lottery for a few 100 bucks?)

WSS

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

One would hope that Americans are smart enough to realize the veryou have to realize the very small amount of benefit society gets from being vaccinated for covid.  You guys know I think there's enough benefit that people should probably get the shot.  Still it's not a heaven or hell issue like most people want to make it.

One reason I think the morbid fear of covid is still as high as it is it's because people like having an excuse to fuck off and follow the path of least resistance. Now lazy pricks can stay home on the couch 247 because they are concerned about health and safety rather than  admitting they are just deadbeats.

(Just as an aside how stupid are people  that are truly concerned about long term deadly effects of the vaccination but go ahead and get one because they get put into a lottery for a few 100 bucks?)

WSS

Anecdote time: We had a huge regional office meeting and someone just asked the simple question: "If I am forced to take the vaccine to maintain my employment, will you guys be offering leave and/or medical support on the off chance something bad does occur?". It wasn't framed in a way that was meant to be some trap and it was in an otherwise pretty straight forward boring meeting. Our assistant director got so spun up about it that when people were trying to ask follow up questions, again no one was being silly, she started yelling "stop typing! someone shut down the chat". It was wild. But it was all a fair point. This was at a VA office. 

I think they know people are getting more hip to how to dodge things or make it that their employer will feel a crunch if they really press a requirement of vaccination. My wife said a good deal of the medical folks at the VAMC put in for religious exemptions and were approved. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Anecdote time: We had a huge regional office meeting and someone just asked the simple question: "If I am forced to take the vaccine to maintain my employment, will you guys be offering leave and/or medical support on the off chance something bad does occur?". It wasn't framed in a way that was meant to be some trap and it was in an otherwise pretty straight forward boring meeting. Our assistant director got so spun up about it that when people were trying to ask follow up questions, again no one was being silly, she started yelling "stop typing! someone shut down the chat". It was wild. But it was all a fair point. This was at a VA office. 

I think they know people are getting more hip to how to dodge things or make it that their employer will feel a crunch if they really press a requirement of vaccination. My wife said a good deal of the medical folks at the VAMC put in for religious exemptions and were approved. 

My crystal ball says that if It's clear that business lets you take time off with pay for any adverse reactions you can bet your ass mine out of 10  employees are going to feel like shit. 😸

WSS 

On 11/23/2021 at 12:09 PM, LogicIsForSquares said:

I know that at the Cleveland VAMC (not regional office) they are pretty good at giving time off after receiving a shot.  My PCP said she got two days off after getting her second Pfizer shot.

On 11/22/2021 at 10:40 PM, FairHooker11 said:

shortsighted on all fronts from bidens decisions on down to the feeble minded dweebs following orders 

if the one thing you get out of all of these mandates - vax or be fired choices 

dont be surprised that the short staffs in hospitals or essential public services 

to the transportation sectors that cannot (or will not) fly you or truckers that cannot drive 

these werent in play last year under POTUS 45 -DJT.  

There has been truckers that can’t drive for years. You can even get a CDL that doesn’t require driving a manual transmission 

7 hours ago, Browns149 said:

There has been truckers that can’t drive for years. You can even get a CDL that doesn’t require driving a manual transmission 

Shit the way they make them trucks now you don't need to even use the clutch. Crazy that takes a while to get use to because it is nothing like driving a stick that is inside my F250

20 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I know that at the Cleveland VAMC (not regional office) they are pretty good at giving time off after receiving a shot.  My PCP said she got two days off after getting her second Pfizer shot.

I think they were referring more to if they get myocarditis or something similar from the shot. The AHA has put out some abstracts about it and that is what put the assistant director into a panic when it was dropped in the work chat haha. 

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

It isn’t packing the streets with people dying posed like Red Fox but the article acknowledges a possibility of cardiac issues from the vaccine. It isn’t from tinfoilhat.freedomeagle.911insidejob.blog so I give it some credence.

On 11/28/2021 at 6:55 AM, LogicIsForSquares said:

I think they were referring more to if they get myocarditis or something similar from the shot. The AHA has put out some abstracts about it and that is what put the assistant director into a panic when it was dropped in the work chat haha. 

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/circ.144.suppl_1.10712

It isn’t packing the streets with people dying posed like Red Fox but the article acknowledges a possibility of cardiac issues from the vaccine. It isn’t from tinfoilhat.freedomeagle.911insidejob.blog so I give it some credence.

I think myocarditis is mainly affecting younger people, but only temporarily.