THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

44 minutes ago, FY56 said:

You may even be starting to get the suspicion that not everyone likes you. Shocker huh?

What the fuck are you waiting for Duchess,  tell Flugel to meet you somewhere so you can beat him up! lol

Them Keyboard warriors are something aren't they??.. They can dish it but they sure can't take it when it's regurgitated the other way... It pretty much tells you everything you need to know about a person... Internet tough guys make me laugh...

Yeah...I'm also a fan of Mayfield's....so what? He's the first Cleveland qb since '99 to make me think we had a chance to win any game. So...the genius, Andrew Berry and Haslam put their pea brains together, and think Watson is the quickest way to get to the Superbowl?? Personally, I think he's the most overrated qb in the NFL. Then...they trade away all their first round picks for the next 3 years, and pay him $230 million GUARANTEED?? Even without all his shady massage encounters, that took a special kind of stupidity. Players come and go, so trading Baker was not a deal breaker for me. I guess the worst thing is dragging the Cleveland Browns name through the mud, and returning the franchise to the comfortable place as the laughing stock of the NFL...again. So yeah...I'm rooting for the Panthers and Mayfield on September 11th. Haslam has done more to ruin this team than any other owner...including Modell. If it was up to me, Haslam would be removed as the owner of the franchise and banned from ever owning another NFL team.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

Yeah...I'm also a fan of Mayfield's....so what? He's the first Cleveland qb since '99 to make me think we had a chance to win any game. So...the genius, Andrew Berry and Haslam put their pea brains together, and think Watson is the quickest way to get to the Superbowl?? Personally, I think he's the most overrated qb in the NFL. Then...they trade away all their first round picks for the next 3 years, and pay him $230 million GUARANTEED?? Even without all his shady massage encounters, that took a special kind of stupidity. Players come and go, so trading Baker was not a deal breaker for me. I guess the worst thing is dragging the Cleveland Browns name through the mud, and returning the franchise to the comfortable place as the laughing stock of the NFL...again. So yeah...I'm rooting for the Panthers and Mayfield on September 11th. Haslam has done more to ruin this team than any other owner...including Modell. If it was up to me, Haslam would be removed as the owner of the franchise and banned from ever owning another NFL team.

Well.. He can own the Ravens and Steelers and I wouldn't mind a bit lol... Maybe...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Them Keyboard warriors are something aren't they??.. They can dish it but they sure can't take it when it's regurgitated the other way... It pretty much tells you everything you need to know about a person... Internet tough guys make me laugh...

Well oh yeah!?  🤕  LOL!

14 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm just saying, only one of us is going on the rant about belittling and tearing others down. 

I've given you two recent examples of you doing that to me without any cause for it.     Would seem to be a bit hypocritical, no?

oh, please stop. That is really too much. You and about three others - are ALL about yapping, belittling, and harassing anyone who doesn't genuflect in your self-highly esteemed "godlike" directions. You had a nice post of ten points I was really enjoying, I made a simple comment on just ONE of ten? points, I just disagreed slightly.....and all hell broke loose from you, then your clique happily joins in and it's just bs.

It has run people off the forum. It's nice for you to do those appraisals - I even gave up an "up" for a few. But then, your extremely belligerent ego starts up, and your groupies chime in, and there the forum discussion goes. THEN your clique has the idea to complain about others reacting? Sad and hilarious at the same time.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

oh, please stop. That is really too much. You and about three others - are ALL about yapping, belittling, and harassing anyone who doesn't genuflect in your self-highly esteemed "godlike" directions. It has run people off the forum. It's nice for you to do those appraisals - I even gave up an "up" for a few. But then, your extremely belligerent ego starts up, and your groupies chime in, and there the forum discussion goes. THEN your clique has the idea to complain about others reacting? Sad and hilarious at the same time.

You'll see I have zero issue with reasonable opinions that make sense or are genuine in their questions.  Tour, god willing he's alright, had a yearly running joke about our dark horse QB's never matching up.  He disagreed with a couple of my assessments, as I did with his (Bryce Petty, REALLY?!)  But it was always respectful because it came from a place of knowledge and detail.    I'm all about that. 

I've only ever deleted posts from my thread(s) that contribute nothing.  If you bring nothing to the table when you post on a football topic I start, or you bitch and whine, then I delete the post(s) or move it to the appropriate thread.  That's it, that's all.  I ask people keep the foolish shit at arms reach from me and the work I (as well as others) put in.

You and I have never really had any friction on this board.  The only time I've ever accused you of being insufferable or over the top was your creepy way of going about Josh Rosen, then your non-stop squawking about Josh Allen.  That's it.  Both points I'm right on.   Beyond that? -  we've had some good chats on here and you have made quality contributions. 

The overwhelming majority of the time I get praise for my work here, some disagreement but not much.   I've gotten several PM's and a couple emails that my content is the reason people creep this site to read.  It's humbling, really.  I've even found some stuff plagiarized on reddit that I politely asked to be taken down if I wasn't being credited.   I don't see anyone who wasn't on this board previously not currently posting, let alone because of me. 

Can't help but notice this theme though...  either people are appreciative and join in on the football talk I produce and we get some great conversation going...  Or others chime in with nonsense, are held accountable, then claim I'm some "know it all", then get defensive or insulting.  But when they're asked to offer their own substance or insight, it almost never happens.    Makes me believe we're suffering from some maturity and insecurity issues around these parts at times? 

Also, I have no 'clique'.  Army of one;  regardless of who does or does not like the conclusions I reach in my assessments.  I stand on the merits of my own work.

Send me some strawberries, by the way. I'm fresh out.

Edit: I only popped in this thread out of curiosity that there might be some links about Baker. Figured a check up couldn't hurt.  But at this point I'm keeping to myself on this board, I don't have the time or patience for the bulk of the discussion. So unless I'm tagged or quoted, you won't have to worry about me joining future conversations.   I actually regret even joining this one.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, FY56 said:

You may even be starting to get the suspicion that not everyone likes you. Shocker huh?

What the fuck are you waiting for Duchess,  tell Flugel to meet you somewhere so you can beat him up! lol

He's still trying to figure out how to put a jock strap on because he's only worn one as an eye patch on Halloween.  But I'm sure he told his last board he was an All American LBer because nobody could see what he looks like hiding behind his keyboard.  He's the type that would share a photo of someone he wants us all to think he is.  I say such a thing knowing people on this board have seen me in person.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Flugel said:

He's still trying to figure out how to put a jock strap on because he's only worn one as an eye patch on Halloween.  But I'm sure he told his last board he was an All American LBer because nobody could see what he looks like hiding behind his keyboard.  He's the type that would share a photo of someone he wants us all to think he is.  I say such a thing knowing people on this board have seen me in person.

Flugs, he kinda reminds me of that country song by Brad Paisley - (So much cooler) "Online"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

See the source image

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

Look who's talking.  You're reaching for grammar.  That's usually a sign you're not doing very well with all that unresolved hostility.

What's the matter?  There's no DieHard, no Gorka, No Cal , no Nickers to threaten any more now that I've alerted everyone that one of your older brothers always has to do your fist fighting since nobody has ever seen you in person.  You're not exactly an honest guy in here at all.

If I was built like a little Yorkshire Terrier maybe my keyboard would be on steroids too.  The again, you don't see me trying to bully anybody but an absolute punk in here.  That's a lot of anger you have stored up there Pumpkin...

Yes, I'm reaching for grammar, literally right after you mocked my alleged lack of reading comprehension skills...

It's interesting that you keep bringing up these imaginary older (or younger) brothers of mine... "What is Flugel's deal with brothers and how they have to protect me?"

Then it dawned on me. For reasons I'll never understand, you randomly sent me pics of - wait for it - you and your brothers back in 2020. I looked it up, and bam, they are still in my downloads. Are your familiar with the term "projection", sir? This was about the same time I would guess that you PMd me your phone number. I suppose sending your phone number to random dudes on the internet is a pretty common occurrence? 

I'd love to know what I have lied about on this board... this should be gold. Oh, since you keep mentioning the last board I was on, it quietly faded away LIKE 95% MESSAGE BOARDS OF THE INTERNETS sometime in the 2016/2017 time period. See, unlike this board, where the median age of the poster on here is "just shy of six feet under" that message board was populated with people in their 20s and 30s, who eventually had kids, got married, and found this little thing called Twitter. Oh, and I didn't need to tell anyone on there what I looked like, since the core group of the board and I usually hung out for the Draft for years, including SI writer Pete Smith.

I'm 6'0, 210lbs. I don't know how that information is really relevant to anything, but since I'm devulging information I'm also a Scorpio, drive a Subaru Crosstrek, and my favorite pizza place in Ohio is probably the Coccia House, in Wooster. 

You've collected quite the collection of the best of the best of this board, Flugs. It's hilarious seeing the handful of the absolute bottom dwellers of this board come running because they've obviously had their tender feelings hurt by me. 

And if any of those fellas would ever like to see how much of an "keyboard warrior" I am in person, as always, I'm always down to meet. 😉 Still waiting for the artist formerly known as Gorka to meet me at the Royal Oaks in Youngstown for a beer. I'm guessing he'll always be backtracking from the time he decided to get brave and call me a pussy, though. Hell, the poor guy backtracked right out of the name Gorka to whatever he is calling himself this week.

Or you, Flugs, if you ever come to NE Ohio, oh yes, the invitation for a beer on me is an open one. We can discuss my imaginary brothers over a cold one. 🙂 Because at the end of the day, while I don't give two shits about the collection of dipshits you've collected on this thread, I actually liked you. 

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Coccia House pizza is the bomb, I took a drive to Wooster last week and they were closed.

FYI, they are closed until Thursday the 18th.

I know, I was craving it and almost made the same mistake last weekend! 

How Baker Mayfield did in Panthers’ joint practice with the Patriots on Aug. 16, 2022

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/08/how-baker-mayfield-did-in-panthers-joint-practice-with-the-patriots-on-aug-16-2022.html

Baker Mayfield and the Panthers made a road trip to New England for the first of their joint practices with the Patriots leading up to a preseason matchup on Friday.

Mayfield and Sam Darnold continue to battle it out for the starting job. But despite having the momentum prior to Saturday’s 23-21 preseason win in Washington, Mayfield didn’t create much more separation from Darnold. Mayfield started the game and was 4-for-7 for 45 yards.

On Tuesday’s practice with the Patriots, Mayfield got the first reps with the first team per ESPN’s David Newton.

Mayfield had some moments, including a 50-yard deep ball to DJ Moore according to Ellis Williams of the Charlotte Observer. But by and large, the day belonged to the Patriots’ defense.

New England had multiple would-be sacks of Baker Mayfield per Alex Barth of 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston. Second-year defensive tackle Christian Barmore had one and former Brown Daniel Ekuale combined with Brad Hawkins for another sack of Mayfield.

In total, Mayfield was one for his first six throwing to receivers in one-on-one coverage and Patriots cornerback Jalen Mills nearly picked off Mayfield according to Fox Sports’ Henry McKenna.

Mayfield later got the Panthers inside the Patriots’ 5-yard line, but turned it over on downs following three consecutive incomplete passes.

The issue for Mayfield and the Panthers’ offense as a whole was how the Patriots dominated up front according to Mike Giardi of NFL Network. Patriots defensive end Deatrich Wise agreed with that sentiment when he spoke to reporters including Evan Lazar of Patiorts.com.

Panthers coach Matt Rhule was asked after practice about whether Mayfield still has the chip on his shoulder. He said that what he’s seen from Mayfield so far is “a sense of urgency” per Williams.

The two teams will practice again on Wednesday, before taking Thursday off and playing in preseason action on Friday night.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yes, I'm reaching for grammar, literally right after you mocked my alleged lack of reading comprehension skills...

It's interesting that you keep bringing up these imaginary older (or younger) brothers of mine... "What is Flugel's deal with brothers and how they have to protect me?"

Then it dawned on me. For reasons I'll never understand, you randomly sent me pics of - wait for it - you and your brothers back in 2020. I looked it up, and bam, they are still in my downloads. Are your familiar with the term "projection", sir? This was about the same time I would guess that you PMd me your phone number. I suppose sending your phone number to random dudes on the internet is a pretty common occurrence? 

I'd love to know what I have lied about on this board... this should be gold. Oh, since you keep mentioning the last board I was on, it quietly faded away LIKE 95% MESSAGE BOARDS OF THE INTERNETS sometime in the 2016/2017 time period. See, unlike this board, where the median age of the poster on here is "just shy of six feet under" that message board was populated with people in their 20s and 30s, who eventually had kids, got married, and found this little thing called Twitter. Oh, and I didn't need to tell anyone on there what I looked like, since the core group of the board and I usually hung out for the Draft for years, including SI writer Pete Smith.

I'm 6'0, 210lbs. I don't know how that information is really relevant to anything, but since I'm devulging information I'm also a Scorpio, drive a Subaru Crosstrek, and my favorite pizza place in Ohio is probably the Coccia House, in Wooster. 

You've collected quite the collection of the best of the best of this board, Flugs. It's hilarious seeing the handful of the absolute bottom dwellers of this board come running because they've obviously had their tender feelings hurt by me. 

And if any of those fellas would ever like to see how much of an "keyboard warrior" I am in person, as always, I'm always down to meet. 😉 Still waiting for the artist formerly known as Gorka to meet me at the Royal Oaks in Youngstown for a beer. I'm guessing he'll always be backtracking from the time he decided to get brave and call me a pussy, though. Hell, the poor guy backtracked right out of the name Gorka to whatever he is calling himself this week.

Or you, Flugs, if you ever come to NE Ohio, oh yes, the invitation for a beer on me is an open one. We can discuss my imaginary brothers over a cold one. 🙂 Because at the end of the day, while I don't give two shits about the collection of dipshits you've collected on this thread, I actually liked you. 

Yes, I actually put the pictures on the entire board in a post I titled something along the lines of "what makes you a Browns fan?" I didn't think those pictures made it into my post so I kept retrying to add them; and in the process (I was oblivious) that a lot of people we're getting these pictures sent to them each time.  I started that post off with my story including my brother and my dad after my dad beat cancer the 1st time. I put some pictures in there.  My dad and brother are both dead; so football seasons have a way of bringing them back to me with memories I'll never forget.  

As for where I came up your older brothers?  I got that from a post you had in a Haslam discussion a few years back when people were debating how much of a dirt bag he is.  I thought you said you had older brothers that are truck drivers that got screwed over by Haslam.  

I DID go out of my way to PM and welcome you when I saw you rendering Ghoolie speechless.  You were hilarious and this board really needed that. I'm surprised I gave you my phone number that early; but if I did so it's because I'd rather talk than text or PM.

A lot of the guys you don't like in here are guys that I've shared a message board with since 1998.  We've all argued at 1 time or another.  You don't have to agree but they're loyal, long time Browns fans that are running out of time and patience with the same ole story. I think I'm the youngest of that bunch at 58 years old. The window of opportunity to see the Browns in a SB is slamming shut on some of us. 

47 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Yes, I actually put the pictures on the entire board in a post I titled something along the lines of "what makes you a Browns fan?" I didn't think those pictures made it into my post so I kept retrying to add them; and in the process (I was oblivious) that a lot of people we're getting these pictures sent to them each time.  I started that post off with my story including my brother and my dad after my dad beat cancer the 1st time. I put some pictures in there.  My dad and brother are both dead; so football seasons have a way of bringing them back to me with memories I'll never forget.  

As for where I came up your older brothers?  I got that from a post you had in a Haslam discussion a few years back when people were debating how much of a dirt bag he is.  I thought you said you had older brothers that are truck drivers that got screwed over by Haslam.  

I DID go out of my way to PM and welcome you when I saw you rendering Ghoolie speechless.  You were hilarious and this board really needed that. I'm surprised I gave you my phone number that early; but if I did so it's because I'd rather talk than text or PM.

A lot of the guys you don't like in here are guys that I've shared a message board with since 1998.  We've all argued at 1 time or another.  You don't have to agree but they're loyal, long time Browns fans that are running out of time and patience with the same ole story. I think I'm the youngest of that bunch at 58 years old. The window of opportunity to see the Browns in a SB is slamming shut on some of us. 

Half of the men on my mom's side were truck drivers. My grandfather owned a trucking business for 35 years. My two uncles both drove truck for him, and my mom had two uncles die truck driving. My uncle by marriage met my aunt because he was a truck mechanic at my grandfather's business. Needless to say, I took what Haslam and his company did very seriously.

About the other stuff, like I said before. Anyone here want to see how much of a Yorkshire Terrier I am, how much of a "Keyboard Warrior" I am, invite me out to meet you. I make drives to Columbus, New Jersey and Chicago to see family on the regular. Me and my friends are going to Pittsburgh for their Italian Fest this weekend. 

A trip east or west of Cleveland, or out to Youngstown ain't shit. 

Now, Flugs, we cool? 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

I think I'm the youngest of that bunch at 58 years old. The window of opportunity to see the Browns in a SB is slamming shut on some of us.

58 Tom?! I had just turned 17 when that Venezuelan woman in a whorehouse in Valencia took my virginity. That you son?😍:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Half of the men on my mom's side were truck drivers. My grandfather owned a trucking business for 35 years. My two uncles both drove truck for him, and my mom had two uncles die truck driving. My uncle by marriage met my aunt because he was a truck mechanic at my grandfather's business. Needless to say, I took what Haslam and his company did very seriously.

About the other stuff, like I said before. Anyone here want to see how much of a Yorkshire Terrier I am, how much of a "Keyboard Warrior" I am, invite me out to meet you. I make drives to Columbus, New Jersey and Chicago to see family on the regular. Me and my friends are going to Pittsburgh for their Italian Fest this weekend. 

A trip east or west of Cleveland, or out to Youngstown ain't shit. 

Now, Flugs, we cool? 

Thanks Dutch!  I think we're good.

Have fun in Pittsburgh.  If you see any big fat guys in a #7 jersey complaining about Joe Thomas - tell Ghoolie it's nice to finally meet him in person.  

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Flugel said:

Have fun in Pittsburgh.  If you see any big fat guys in a #7 jersey complaining about Joe Thomas - tell Ghoolie it's nice to finally meet him in person.  

I still think I can wear my breakfast shirt to work  🤣 Thanks!

2Mc.gif       

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Flugel said:

Haha..so he must use an eyepatch for a jockstrap, it's large enough.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

You know, I've always enjoyed how you allow your insults to speak for themselves.  You don't let anything resembling a personality get in the way!

Now don't be too hard on the artist formerly known as Gorka, or we'll all have to learn yet another name for him. 😏

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Now don't be too hard on the artist formerly known as Gorka, or we'll all have to learn yet another name for him. 😏

Is it time for a new name contest? We have three + weeks before ko against Carolina.:rolleyes:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/unsurprising-report-baker-mayfield-to-be-named-starter-for-week-1-versus-browns/ar-AA10NPNl

Unsurprising report: Baker Mayfield to be named starter for Week 1 versus Browns

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/baker-mayfield-expected-named-panthers-starting-qb-robbie-anderson-praises-mayfield

Baker Mayfield expected to be named Panthers starting QB, Robbie Anderson has high praise

Carolina quarterback Baker Mayfield signs autographs for fans after practice. The New England Patriots hosted the Panthers in a joint practice session at Gillette Stadium. 

Carolina quarterback Baker Mayfield signs autographs for fans after practice. The New England Patriots hosted the Panthers in a joint practice session at Gillette Stadium.  (Barry Chin/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)

'The news of Mayfield as QB1 should be music to the ears of wide receiver Robbie Anderson, who recently praised his new quarterback for his confidence and leadership. 

"He’s smart," Anderson told reporters on Tuesday. "He’s picked up the offense, like, rapidly. I like his energy a lot. I like that a lot about him. Like his leadership and his confidence."'