THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

not a whole lot of news, but it's early - and Baker is impressing onlookers and coaches alike. Baker has never had any fear of competition - he thrives on it.

Let's see.... 105 bucks for a ticket...6 or 7 hr drive.... or, watch it on TV...

https://catcrave.com/2022/08/06/4-observations-baker-mayfield-eighth-carolina-panthers-practice/3/

4 major observations from Baker Mayfield’s eighth Panthers practice

"Baker Mayfield isn’t afraid to thread the needle

While Sam Darnold caught the eye with efficiency and a few more downfield shots than usual, the major highlights once again belonged to Baker Mayfield. Some of his throws were off target as timing continues to develop with his receivers, but the quarterback is not afraid to thread the needle in pursuit of moving the chains.

This drew gasps from the crowd in attendance at Wofford College on two occasions. A fiercely driven throw to tight end Colin Thompson was exceptional and had Tommy Tremble and Shi Smith not dropped passes for long gains, there would have been even more for the signal-caller to shout about.

An absolute dime from Baker Mayfield to TE Colin Thompson down the seam. It was a dot! Best throw I’ve seen today from the Panthers QB group. Mayfield has an impressive amount of command out here. #KeepPounding

— Joe Marino (@TheJoeMarino) August 5, 2022"

"Mayfield is a high-intensity guy that thrives when the pressure is highest. The Panthers will scrimmage early on Saturday morning before the spotlight turns to Sam Mills’ induction to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, so it’ll be interesting to see how the Oklahoma product performs in this sort of environment."

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

"Mayfield is a high-intensity guy that thrives when every thing around him is in 100% perfect-running order. If anything is not perfect around him, his supporters, "Baker Boys", have a litany of excuses to explain away any deficiency in Mayfield's play."

Fixed It For Everyone 

• Haha 1

This is funny - Aug 6th, Baker to Higgins for a beautiful 50 yard TD, and the HC yelled at Higgins for holding the ball out before he crossed the goal line (showboating) and yelled at the offense for celebrating. Yelled at the defense to not allow "explosives" LOL

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/06/panthers-hc-matt-rhule-rashard-higgins-training-camp/?itm_source=parsely-api

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

This is funny - Aug 6th, Baker to Higgins for a beautiful 50 yard TD, and the HC yelled at Higgins for holding the ball out before he crossed the goal line (showboating) and yelled at the offense for celebrating. Yelled at the defense to not allow "explosives" LOL

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/06/panthers-hc-matt-rhule-rashard-higgins-training-camp/?itm_source=parsely-api

For a supposed Browns fan you sure spend a lot of time evaluating a traded player for someone else's team.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Your Broncos fan right? Or some other s*** bag of a team?

You weren't here then but some of these f****** were buying Kosar Dallas and Miami jerseys.

WSS

now -I- never did that, nor thought to. But then again - the Cowboys and Dolphins never would have traded away three FIRST ROUND draft picks for a serial sex offender qb or whatever he is, with a guaranteed all time HIGH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I hope Baker becomes the starter, and makes the browns look even more stupid than they look now, and make them more the scourge of the NFL.

Winning some games won't make the scent of slime go away, browns FO. .

Poetic justice would be showing the slimy haslams for what they are - when they look in a mirror.

and, adjusting watson's contract to low money to not have him lose as much when he starts suspension, I hope the nfl takes their second and third round draft picks away for '23.

although, that would really screw up draft parties even more, so never mind. lol

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't help but notice that most of these camp reports are from the 7 on 7's...

well, it IS only the third week of training camp. I'm glad you caught up with a lot of us. Impressive.....

I find it interesting how a few people on here never said a peep about the Haslams when they were ripping truckers off for millions upon millions of dollars, but they trade away their beloved Baker?

THE HASLAMS ARE SCUM! BURN THEM AT THE STAKE! 😆

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Your Broncos fan right? Or some other s*** bag of a team?

You weren't here then but some of these f****** were buying Kosar Dallas and Miami jerseys.

WSS

Nope, but I'm here when some of these fucks post something like this below. The Carolina #6 jersey is sure to follow.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

now -I- never did that, nor thought to. But then again - the Cowboys and Dolphins never would have traded away three FIRST ROUND draft picks for a serial sex offender qb or whatever he is, with a guaranteed all time HIGH $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I hope Baker becomes the starter, and makes the browns look even more stupid than they look now, and make them more the scourge of the NFL.

Poetic justice would be showing the slimy haslams for what they are - when they look in a mirror.

and, adjusting watson's contract to low money to not have him lose as much when he starts suspension, I hope the nfl takes their second and third round draft picks away for '23.

although, that would really screw up draft parties even more, so never mind. lol

On 8/9/2022 at 11:18 AM, calfoxwc said:

Turn in your Browns Fan Card now Cal...  I told you to keep your Baker love over in the other thread I especially created for you Baker fan boys.  

Men's Carolina Panthers Baker Mayfield Nike Black Home Player Game Jersey

https://www.nflshop.com/carolina-panthers/mens-carolina-panthers-baker-mayfield-nike-black-home-player-game-jersey/t-36042468+p-7198768828607+z-9-3057030976?_ref=p-ALP:m-GRID:i-r0c0:po-0

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Turn your Browns Fan Card now Cal...  I told you to keep your Baker love over in the other thread I especially created for you Baker fan boys.  

yep. Nine hrs ago it was just shy of 1 AM. Several of us know what that means, Mr. Hyde.

Pulling away in QB race Mayfield has established himself as the Panthers' best option at quarterback during practice this week, Ellis Williams of The Charlotte Observer reports.
Impact Mayfield has garnered positive reviews since joining Carolina, with his performance through training camp thus far increasing the expectation that he'll ultimately be named the team's starting signal-caller over Sam Darnold. Despite having just three weeks with his new coaching staff, Mayfield's command of coordinator Ben McAdoo's offense reportedly already mirrors that of Darnold. Furthermore, with noted chemistry targeting wideouts Rashard Higgins and Robbie Anderson, as well as utilization of go-to playmakers Christian McCaffrey and DJ Moore, the first-string job seems to be Mayfield's to lose. Although coach Matt Rhule isn't expected to officially name a starter until after the second preseason game, Mayfield approaches this Saturday's exhibition opener versus the Commanders with considerable positive momentum.
7 HOURS AGO • ROTOWIRE

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Cal watch what happens when I lock this thread because you keep insisting on posting Carolina training camp reports that no one else (besides you) is interested in.  

I'm somewhat interested in it even though less so as time goes by mainly because there's nothing I can do about it. I would imagine that anyone who has absolutely no interest would be bright enough to avoid opening up the thread and reading it. The idea of moderation is not to harass other members because you don't like them.

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm somewhat interested in it even though less so as time goes by mainly because there's nothing I can do about it. I would imagine that anyone who has absolutely no interest would be bright enough to avoid opening up the thread and reading it. The idea of moderation is not to harass other members because you don't like them.

WSS

Great Steve, I won't bother to see what Cal is posting in this thread in the future- I have him on ignore for a good reason... I'll let him talk to himself unabated. As my Mom used to say, "that's what crazy people do."   

Maybe he should start posting Buffalo updates too- because of his other hero Josh Allen.  I deemed a constant barrage of Panthers training camp reports- that almost no one gives two shits about- to be off topic. 

And it works both ways- acting like a smart ass who can do whatever he feels like tends to piss me off. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Great Steve, I won't bother to see what Cal is posting in this thread in the future- I have him on ignore for a good reason... I'll let him talk to himself unabated. As my Mom used to say, "that's what crazy people do."   

Maybe he should start posting Buffalo updates too- because of his other hero Josh Allen.  I deemed a constant barrage of Panthers training camp reports- that almost no one gives two shits about- to be off topic. 

And it works both ways- acting like a smart ass who can do whatever he feels like tends to piss me off. 

That's what the ignore feature is for my friend. I figure most people don't care the slightest bit about Josh Allen or Josh Rosen or Mahomo or anybody but Baker was at the helm when we went from the cellar, the worst team in the league to being respectable and winning a playoff game.

WSS

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Cal watch what happens when I lock this thread because you keep insisting on posting Carolina training camp reports that no one else (besides you) is interested in.  

What happens is you'll get overruled.

Why would you want Cal to know that?

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FY56 said:

yep.

all the stuff hoorta has pulled, like with Axe and some others, including me, keeps slapping him with reality. I don't post much. I think it's like "Baker is garbage, Baker is trash" and then Baker is impressing the coaches and teammates in Carolina....and some haters can't handle it. This one is pretty obvious.

58 minutes ago, FY56 said:

I won't get into the politics of it.. but I have a pretty good idea why Steve decided to open the thread back up. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

That's what the ignore feature is for my friend. I figure most people don't care the slightest bit about Josh Allen or Josh Rosen or Mahomo or anybody but Baker was at the helm when we went from the cellar, the worst team in the league to being respectable and winning a playoff game.

WSS

.....against Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh. Every Browns fan dream, second only to winning a SB!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Have they picked a starting QB in Carolina yet?

nope, sportswriters are saying that Baker has a definite lead in the battle. It's just that "he's garbage/trash" and he goes into a qb battle with a rookie first round, and a veteran first round and is really impressing the coaches and teammates, and Carolina fans if you read the posts. Both Baker and Darnold will play vs the preseason opener Saturday. That should really be interesting to watch.

Sports pundits seem to believe it's Baker's job to lose.

But Darnold has been doing some nice things, too, and so has Corral.

It's funny, some defensive players love Baker's attitude, and his trash talk and leadership. A few laughed and said "sometimes you want to shut him up" lol.

It's interesting to watch it all unfold. Seems like their oline is not set yet, but will be definately improved over the struggles of last year.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/10/panthers-baker-mayfield-sam-darnold-commanders-preseason/

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-training-camp-tracker-macdoo-rhule-mayfield/?itm_source=parsely-api

We know Higgins is familiar but Baker was 4-4 with 4 TDs to 4 different WRs during the goal line session. #Panthers

— Sheena Quick (@Sheena_Marie3) August 9, 2022

Baker Mayfield led the Panthers 1st team offense to touchdowns on back-to-back 2 minute drives to end practice. Team had 35 seconds from 40 yd line to score.

First drive: 3-plays, capped by 20 yd DJ Moore TD over route.

Second drive: 7 plays, ends w:/ 5yd CMC TD reception

— Ellis L. Williams (@BookofEllis) August 9, 2022

Mayfield and McCaffrey connecting to wrap up a 2.5 hour, high-energy bonanza. Good practice today, plenty of observations from yours truly coming up later here on Twitter and on the podcast

— John Ellis (@1PantherPlace) August 9, 2022

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Have they picked a starting QB in Carolina yet?

As of this writing as far as I know they are playing out the competition. I would think just because of familiarity with the system Sam has a slight Edge but I think baker has the edge talent wise. Just a guess but as he learns the system that could easily change. I predict it will.

It may have changed since this post.

WSS

On 8/9/2022 at 6:38 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I find it interesting how a few people on here never said a peep about the Haslams when they were ripping truckers off for millions upon millions of dollars, but they trade away their beloved Baker?

THE HASLAMS ARE SCUM! BURN THEM AT THE STAKE! 😆

I heard plenty of bitching about that. On the other hand zero fucks do I give about Flying J. I suppose if I add truck stops to the other various topics it would get more airtime.

I would have preferred the new owner to have been a Consortium of Cleveland interests but it didn't happen.

WSS

17 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I heard plenty of bitching about that. On the other hand zero fucks do I give about Flying J. I suppose if I add truck stops to the other various topics it would get more airtime.

I would have preferred the new owner to have been a Consortium of Cleveland interests but it didn't happen.

WSS

I envy the fans of the Green Bay Packers:

Green Bay Packers, Inc.
Green Bay Packers, Inc. is the official name of the publicly held nonprofit corporation that owns the National Football League's Green Bay Packers football franchise, based in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The Packers are the only publicly owned franchise in the NFL.Wikipedia

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I envy the fans of the Green Bay Packers:

Green Bay Packers, Inc.
Green Bay Packers, Inc. is the official name of the publicly held nonprofit corporation that owns the National Football League's Green Bay Packers football franchise, based in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The Packers are the only publicly owned franchise in the NFL.Wikipedia

Good points both.