THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker to Carolina

ATOM

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper, and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon 

Back in the day, our defense use to rock Zeke 21:31 for eye blacks.  Partly as a tribute to The Replacements.  Anybody that ever made a play would just toss up their hands and go "Ezekiel 21:32... whooo". 

Good times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Back in the day, our defense use to rock Zeke 21:31 for eye blacks.  Partly as a tribute to The Replacements.  Anybody that ever made a play would just toss up their hands and go "Ezekiel 21:32... whooo". 

Good times. 

Good times and great memories. 

13 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Yeah, that looks nothing like him, but at least the random guy the statue looks like is decent-looking.

Unlike the original Lucille Ball statue, which was terrifying.

lucille ball statue ii.jpg

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Let me say, as someone who did, it was a blast. 

The "highlight" of the 1999-2014 run actually was what brought TexAg to us - the drafting of one John "Billy" Manziel. I've never been more proud of my team than that night. 😁

Didn't that moment get you kicked out of a bar and nearly arrested tia? 

I remember when I heard the news that we blew a 1st round draft pick on Brandon Weeden, I kicked a hole into the warehouse door at the company I was working at back then.

That one holds a special place in my "being pissed off at the Browns" Hall of Fame 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

No idea what you're talking about, sir.  I was at home that night, turning the pages of the Bible like a good Christian boy would.

Oh, please. You obviously did not come to the bible until JFF was drafted in 2014.🤣

I on the other hand saw the light in 1970 on a very bad night where foxhole conversion was at a premium.😱😇

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah, that looks nothing like him, but at least the random guy the statue looks like is decent-looking.

Unlike the original Lucille Ball statue, which was terrifying.

lucille ball statue ii.jpg

The art of statue making has regressed since the days of Michelangelo.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

I remember when I heard the news that we blew a 1st round draft pick on Brandon Weeden, I kicked a hole into the warehouse door at the company I was working at back then.

That one holds a special place in my "being pissed off at the Browns" Hall of Fame 

But wait... it gets better!

Weeden tries to get onto the field for his NFL debut game at Cleveland Browns Stadium, and GETS TRAPPED UNDER THE ENORMOUS AMERICAN FLAG. 

That was the most "new" Browns moment, ever. 

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Tom Brady just saved Tom'ba Bay 9M in cap space. Bruce Arians moved to a FO job in TB..

this *could be* falling into place? https://www.the33rdteam.com/draft-day-trades-we-would-like-to-see/

Tampa will soon sit with 9M to pay Baker & sign their 2022 draft class.. stay tuned

That extra cap space will go towards Suh, Gronk and the draft class

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

But wait... it gets better!

Weeden tries to get onto the field for his NFL debut game at Cleveland Browns Stadium, and GETS TRAPPED UNDER THE ENORMOUS AMERICAN FLAG. 

That was the most "new" Browns moment, ever. 

Case in point:

I was being facetious. The podcast was an interview for every team in need of a QB. One of them saw it and signed Geno Smith the next day. When the league has questions about your ability to lead, why on earth would you go on a podcast to complain about fans booing you and confirm how fragile your ego is?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I was being facetious. The podcast was an interview for every team in need of a QB. One of them saw it and signed Geno Smith the next day. When the league has questions about your ability to lead, why on earth would you go on a podcast to complain about fans booing you and confirm how fragile your ego is?

Yeah , I'm truly disappointed by this display of selfishness really.. I like the kid.. I really do.. But this immature shit is making it hard. The kid has to realize it's not about him and how cute he can be.. His handlers are either doing a terrible job or he's just outright ignoring everyone around him and just continuing to bet on himself... I still think the kid has loads of talent... He's getting in the way of himself.. Someone needs to slap him and slow him down.. I still want to see him succeed and battle.. You can't deny the kid ain't afraid to take a beating. But again.. I need to see A LOT from Watson before I can begin to buy in...  I have huge question marks about someone who got himself in this situation. Young and stupid just doesn't begin to cover the bases for this kind or irresponsibility.... I could care less that he loves sex... Or how many broads he slept with or did not sleep with. I mean sure.. I get that its easy to over look things but Sweet Jesus at some point a Light Bulb moment and Common Sense passing in the dead of night needs to transpire.

• Like 3

On 4/23/2022 at 3:37 PM, D Bone said:

I agree that looks nothing like Baker, and OU is getting roasted for the lousy representation.  

• Haha 1

On 4/24/2022 at 5:52 AM, ballpeen said:

The art of statue making has regressed since the days of Michelangelo.

Nah, Rodin's "The Thinker" isn't 1\2 bad. & the statues of Jim Brown and Otto Graham are a damnsite better than the Baker abomination.  

1 hour ago, syd said:

no 5th year option for daniel jones just saying

I was perusing the draft, and Rapoport opined the same thing after the Giants drafted. They have two thirds, FWIW. Unfortunately, they don't have a lot of cap space... I'd be willing to bet for a third rounder, and the Browns eat some of Baker's salary... Done deal.    

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Nah, Rodin's "The Thinker" isn't 1\2 bad. & the statues of Jim Brown and Otto Graham are a damnsite better than the Baker abomination.  

Sad that Rodins Thinking Man had its legs blown off at the Cleveland Art Museum back in 1970 due to some idiot tossing a pipe bomb at it... I seriously don't get why a person would attack such a wonderful work of art.. I used to sit on that thing when I was a wee little kid..

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Seattle didn't go QB in the first round. I think we see Baker traded to Seattle by the end of the weekend. At this point, I don't think we care about the pick received in return. We just need someone to eat his $19 million.

Or at least cut that 19 mill by half...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Seattle didn't go QB in the first round. I think we see Baker traded to Seattle by the end of the weekend. At this point, I don't think we care about the pick received in return. We just need someone to eat his $19 million.

Either\ or.   With their cap room I'm sure the Browns would be more than willing to eat some of Baker's contract in return for say a 3rd round pick.  :)  

& as I opined elsewhere, the Giants didn't pick up Jones' 5th year option. So that's another possibility.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Either\ or.   With their cap room I'm sure the Browns would be more than willing to eat some of Baker's contract in return for say a 3rd round pick.  :)  

& as I opined elsewhere, the Giants didn't pick up Jones' 5th year option. So that's another possibility.  

A little man (Baker) on a team of Giants would be hilarious!... LOL!

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

there is still a lot of carolina talk and some tampa talk which would be his best bet

• Upvote 1

Carolina went with QB Matt Corral in the third round. That tells me they are rolling with Darnold/Corral and Baker is not in their thought process anymore. 

This pretty much leaves Seattle. Despite the rumors, Seattle kept D.K. Metcalf. We know the Seahawks don't want to enter the season with Drew Lock/Geno Smith as their QB when they have Metcalf/Lockett. If they were tanking with Drew/Geno, I think they would have traded away Metcalf - they could have easily got a first rounder for him.

Baker for a 4th or 5th rounder to Seattle tomorrow? If Seattle doesn't take him, I have no clue where he goes. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Carolina went with QB Matt Corral in the third round. That tells me they are rolling with Darnold/Corral and Baker is not in their thought process anymore. 

This pretty much leaves Seattle. Despite the rumors, Seattle kept D.K. Metcalf. We know the Seahawks don't want to enter the season with Drew Lock/Geno Smith as their QB when they have Metcalf/Lockett. If they were tanking with Drew/Geno, I think they would have traded away Metcalf - they could have easily got a first rounder for him.

Baker for a 4th or 5th rounder to Seattle tomorrow? If Seattle doesn't take him, I have no clue where he goes. 

Scrap heap, junkyard?  Lower your expectations Baker. The rest of the  NFL isn't all that impressed with your Progressive commercials.  :(

7 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Besides Raw Talent Corral seems to be a little bit of a scumbag. Good enough for Carolina, I hate them anyway.

😏

WSS

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Besides Raw Talent Corral seems to be a little bit of a scumbag. Good enough for Carolina, I hate them anyway.

😏

WSS

More like "Beef" Corral lol

7 hours ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Sadly , I just think he's gonna be cut.. or his sore kunt will just sit out the season...

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

..... Mayfield as a player would have suitors there's no doubt about that.

Well there is where you are wrong. Obviously he is not as good as he thinks he is and no one wants to pay him to come prove differently.