THE BROWNS BOARD

Tell me again why Browns Stadium shouldn't have roof

Orion

On 1/9/2023 at 12:00 PM, The Cysko Kid said:

Where would they move? Who would want them there? Unless they plan on opening up an entirely new market like iowa or maine or nebraska i just dont see a lot of landing spots. 

Don't kid yourself.  There are several markets who would love and support a NFL team.  Memphis, Birmingham, Oklahoma City, Salt lake City are a few that come to mind.  You could probably stick another team in to each of Texas, California, and Florida.

17 hours ago, Orion said:

Right.  Most mid 50's on up are pretty much done with cold and lousy weather games.

That is why I moved from my original seats to club seats.  I wanted a place to go before the game to warm up, then at halftime.

Hockey is the only game meant to be played in frozen conditions, and guess what...even they play indoors.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

There was a lot of great LBer play brought to us by Johnson and Johnson!  We also had another one of my all time defensive faves Clay Matthews.  

download (5).jpeg

• Like 1

Football is meant to be played outdoors, on grass, in the elements.

Fans that wish to watch their their hometown team play live can purchase tickets in heated/ air-conditioned boxes, or dress appropriately and face the elements that their city lives in.

Any other answer is homosexual in nature.

There are no dome teams left with a month to go because domes tend to pussify teams.

Z

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Football is meant to be played outdoors, on grass, in the elements.

Fans that wish to watch their their hometown team play live can purchase tickets in heated/ air-conditioned boxes, or dress appropriately and face the elements that their city lives in.

Any other answer is homosexual in nature.

There are no dome teams left with a month to go because domes tend to pussify teams.

Z

Yea, kinda like living in Florida tends to pussify the fans

• Haha 4

On 1/15/2023 at 9:28 AM, Flugel said:

There was a lot of great LBer play brought to us by Johnson and Johnson!  We also had another one of my all time defensive faves Clay Matthews.  

I'm sure you remember Clarence Scott. He was another defensive player that was one of my favorites.

https://www.brownsnation.com/clarence-scott/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/12/2023 at 9:16 PM, Orion said:

Look Bowie!  You got the song wrong.  It's a Stones song.  StarFuckaStar FuckaStar FuckaStar FuckaStar

...and I'm not saying dome, I'm saying roof.  It can be retractable.  I tell ya what, perhaps they can construct it such that certain sections can be glassed off from the rest of the stadium thus allowing climate conditions in that section such as pouring rain or severely cold temperatures with snow so that you and Zombo can sit there.  :) 

Retractable?  Look no farther than Lucas Oil...  Yeah, It's really nice, been there several times, and will visit again when the Browns play the Colts later this year.  They can even open the huge "window" behind one of the end zones, without retracting the roof... BUT 1) the field is turf, not natural grass and 2) They are complete wimps to not open the roof... I've seen Colts games where it's 70 degrees and sunny outside, and the roof is closed. 

On 1/13/2023 at 12:02 PM, Neo said:

There are four teams that played in domes that have four Super Bowl's since the start of the 21'st century.

My comments, and there's several things in common...  

the 2000 St Louis Rams Greatest show on turf HOF QB Kurt Warner 

the 2007 Indianapolis Colts HOF QB Peyton Manning Lucas Oil is "The House that Peyton Built". 

the 2010 New Orleans Saints HOF QB Drew Brees

and the 2022 Los Angeles Rams. As Z mentioned covered,  SoFy is covered, but it's open air So Cal weather.  The Rams mortgaged their future for their one big SB win. & the Lions thank them for the #6 pick due to their epic post SB collapse. 

Four Super Bowl wins with seven overall Super Bowl appearances with the others being the Falcons and Rams both losing to New England. So playing in a dome or a stadium that has a roof isn't so bad after all.

the 2007 Indianapolis Colts HOF QB Peyton Manning Lucas Oil is "The House that Peyton Built". 

the 2010 New Orleans Saints HOF QB Drew Brees

and the 2022 Los Angeles Rams. As Z mentioned covered,  SoFy is covered, but it's open air So Cal weather.  The Rams mortgaged their future for their one big SB win. & the Lions thank them for the #6 pick due to their epic post SB collapse. 

But it doesn't help much when a Dome team has to go on the road. Doesn't help much either even playing at home, just ask the Vikings whose luck ran out.  :)  

BTW, Cincinnati's weather isn't that much worse than Cleveland's, and they'll NEVER have a dome... Hell- Skinflint Mike Brown won't even spring for an indoor practice facility.  Then again there's Buffalo.. FWIW, tickets on the secondary market for the playoff game this Sunday are starting at around $250 bucks.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

BTW, Cincinnati's weather isn't that much worse than Cleveland's, and they'll NEVER have a dome... Hell- Skinflint Mike Brown won't even spring for an indoor practice facility.  Then again there's Buffalo.. FWIW, tickets on the secondary market for the playoff game this Sunday are starting at around $250 bucks.  

I dunno....you can't play golf up here in NE Ohio from Nov-March, while you can down there

Regarding this weekend's game, I rarely root for the BenGals but will do so this time. I think it's utter BS that if Buffalo plays KC, KC loses the home field & it's played in Atlanta (potentially, of course). 

Tragedy aside, the NFL moving (potentially) 2 Bills games vs outdoor teams to domed stadiums breeds the look of favoritism. 

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Retractable?  Look no farther than Lucas Oil...  Yeah, It's really nice, been there several times, and will visit again when the Browns play the Colts later this year.  They can even open the huge "window" behind one of the end zones, without retracting the roof... BUT 1) the field is turf, not natural grass and 2) They are complete wimps to not open the roof... I've seen Colts games where it's 70 degrees and sunny outside, and the roof is closed. 

But it doesn't help much when a Dome team has to go on the road. Doesn't help much either even playing at home, just ask the Vikings whose luck ran out.  :)  

We're forgetting the Dallas Cowboys that have 5 superbowls and they played in a dome. They had HOF QB's Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman. Kind of the point I was trying to make. It's more about the quality of roster than type of stadium. Teams that play in domes can win Super Bowls. I just think it would make more sense to have a stadium that they can choose to have the roof open or closed. And as others said, it can be used all year round.

2 hours ago, Neo said:

We're forgetting the Dallas Cowboys that have 5 superbowls and they played in a dome. They had HOF QB's Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman. Kind of the point I was trying to make. It's more about the quality of roster than type of stadium. Teams that play in domes can win Super Bowls. I just think it would make more sense to have a stadium that they can choose to have the roof open or closed. And as others said, it can be used all year round.

The former home of the Cowboya, when they won those Super Bowls, was not a dome.

It was almost a dome, but had a hole above the field in the roof. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The former home of the Cowboya, when they won those Super Bowls, was not a dome.

Like their electrical grid in Texas, "almost pretty good"🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The former home of the Cowboys, when they won those Super Bowls, was not a dome.

Sort of mean, but I used to say the reason why there was the hole in the roof of Texas Stadium...  It was the only way they could get Dion Sander's ego inside the building.  :D    

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I dunno....you can't play golf up here in NE Ohio from Nov-March, while you can down there

Regarding this weekend's game, I rarely root for the BenGals but will do so this time. I think it's utter BS that if Buffalo plays KC, KC loses the home field & it's played in Atlanta (potentially, of course). 

Tragedy aside, the NFL moving (potentially) 2 Bills games vs outdoor teams to domed stadiums breeds the look of favoritism. 

Regarding the weather.... the ONLY difference is southern Ohio gets (maybe) 1\3rd of the snow that northern Ohio does, so yeah- you can't play golf with a few inches of snow on the ground. But the average winter temperature difference is maybe a couple degrees warmer down south. Dayton's January daily record low temperatures are all in the -10 to -20 range,and however you slice it- that's still COLD.  And as a wino- it may interest you to know the longest growing season and warmest fall weather in the state is on the Lake Erie shoreline, where warm lake waters delay killing frosts.  :)  

I will never root for the Bengals, living in Bungle Land.... They are (90% of them at least) the biggest pack of fairweather frontrunner fans in the country.  NOW (locally) it's all you hear about-since they're winning....  Go back to their numerous strings of shit teams in the 90s- and a few other crap seasons, Paul Brown (now Paycor) stadium was a ghost town. Cinci radio station WLW even used to run a weekly skit "All My Bengals" mocking how bad the team was. Furthermore, it's amazing- and somewhat pisses me off- that Mike Brown didn't grab the Baltimore Bribe before Art Modell did. I can 100% guarantee you- if the Bungles had pulled up stakes and moved out of town, Cincinnati would never have gotten another NFL franchise.  

Unfortunately, they lucked out holding the #1 overall when Joe Burrow became available, so barring injury they should be decent for the foreseeable future. 

And if you want the local insider dope... Get ready to scramble like mad Joe. Their RT Lael Collins is already gone (ACL), RG Alex Cappa (bum foot), and short of a miracle- LT Jonah Williams won't play (dislocated kneecap).     

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

They are complete wimps to not open the roof... I've seen Colts games where it's 70 degrees and sunny outside, and the roof is closed. 

We then have to ask ourselves why.  I'm assuming it's not because that's the way the ball-boy wants it.  Is it ownership? 

So I did a little research, and it seems that the vast majority of the time it's up to Irsay.  Frank Reich said it's up to the boss.  I tell him we don't care if it's open or closed.  Reich also said that on rare occasions, if it's going to be windy and the opponent's QB doesn't have a strong arm he might request the roof be open.  He says that he never asks his own QB's.  He said, I know the QB's response.  They ALWAYS want it closed.  Give me perfect conditions.   

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Good stuff Larry!   Great examples of HOF QBs playing indoors.   

Living in Western, NY for the first 30 years of my life - I see a lot of people confusing Buffalo's outdoor stadium with meaning they play on grass.  They don't. They've played on Astro Turf since they started playing at Orchard Park in the very early 70s. Here's another thing, they practice indoors a lot in December and January (especially when they got pounded with snow in November and December).  They can also practice outdoors on grass if they have to go play an outdoor opponent that doesn't use turf.

Here's another thing, dome teams can also practice outdoors on grass just like cold weather teams can practice indoors on turf.  This happens more than people think it does for whatever the flock it's worth...

I don't have great memories watching this team losing to the Broncos and Raiders at home in January.  Then again, the last time I saw this franchise win a playoff game at home was 28 years ago in 1995.  The last time this franchise played a dome team outside on grass, it lost.  

20 hours ago, Orion said:

Reich also said .....  he never asks his own QB's.  He said, I know the QB's response.  They ALWAYS want it closed.  Give me perfect conditions.   

I'm quoting my own post because I think Frank Reich's remark is quite profound.  'If you ask a QB, he will want perfect conditions'.  Well, who is the most important person on a football team?  Who is the highest paid person on your football team (usually)?  To whom did you pay a quarter billion dollars?  How much draft capitol?  Only to diminish the passing attack towards the end of the season because of weather, when you need the wins most.  

I know, I know, it's the same for both teams right?  Well, the domed Saints knocked us out of the playoffs because the attributes of our $230mil QB was diminished  (receiver slipping, passes sliding right through frozen hands), while the lesser team had to run a rag-tag wild-cat offense because they were so bad....AND they beat us.   That's not a home field advantage in my book.

How many of ya played QB back in the day?  I played QB, WR & DB.  As a QB I didn't want to hear that the weather is the same for both QB's.  I didn't give a rats ass about the other QB.  I wanted MY pass to get to the receiver.   As a receiver I didn't want the ball blowing around in the wind.  Only as a DB did I like the windy weather.  Maybe a ball would blow my way.

Domes also provide a great home field advantage.  

Fans provide home field advantage, not weather.  Weather hurts home field advantage.  Noise level drops significantly in outdoor conditions, and when it gets cold, people just don't make as much noise with mufflers on their hands and covering their face.

Let's get over the goofy notion that outdoor stadiums and bad weather provide some advantage.  They don't.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Domes also provide a great home field advantage.  

Fans provide home field advantage, not weather.  Weather hurts home field advantage.  Noise level drops significantly in outdoor conditions, and when it gets cold, people just don't make as much noise with mufflers on their hands and covering their face.

Let's get over the goofy notion that outdoor stadiums and bad weather provide some advantage.  They don't.

That percentage of Dome teams on the road in the playoffs... .244 ... is an actual stat, I didn't just make that up.

Overall, road teams are .413 ... big statistical difference.

Z

What a stupid show around "toughness", "men being men" "back in my day" etc

A domed (or retractable roof) stadium that can be used year round is clearly better for the city. In terms of Browns game attendance and the ability to actually use it additional months in the year. 

It's an open and shut, no pun intended, case

"Well domes teams are blah blah blah in the playoffs!".... How many times have we even MADE the playoffs since the team returned??? Shit

- So after 112 replies and 1,600+ views has anything been decided  on the BROWNS and a dome?

I thought so.      :huh:

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

What a stupid show around "toughness", "men being men" "back in my day" etc

A domed (or retractable roof) stadium that can be used year round is clearly better for the city. In terms of Browns game attendance and the ability to actually use it additional months in the year. 

It's an open and shut, no pun intended, case

"Well ded teaks are blah blah blah in the playoffs!".... How many times have we even MADE the playoffs since the team returned??? Shit

If you think we are missing the playoffs because we don't have a dome, you are clearly retarded. 

Z

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

- So after 112 replies and 1,600+ views has anything been decided  on the BROWNS and a dome?

I thought so.      :huh:

Yes. Domes are for pussies.

If you want to be the first team in the AFC North to play indoors on turf you would make us even a bigger laughingstock in the division.

I didn't know that was possible.

Z

36 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

and I bet many didn't know this was still possible 😄 (or reversible from any board updates)

Typing Teddy B-ridgewater magically appears as Teddy Twatwater

back with today's pussify update...

#Browns plan to add more field-level seating @FEStadium for the 2023 season that will include access to an exclusive pussified club seating.
Team has reached out to ticket holders seeking deposits for them pussies.

Now back to your regular programming :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

Yes. Domes are for pussies.

If you want to be the first team in the AFC North to play indoors on turf you would make us even a bigger laughingstock in the division.

Z

I definitely care more about what other team's fans think of us than what option can do the most economic good for the city where I live... 

Nothing manlier than caring about what other people think

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I definitely care more about what other team's fans think of us than what option can do the most economic good for the city where I live... 

Nothing manlier than caring about what other people think

You live in Cleveland?

I figured you lived in some lesbian commune.

Z

• Haha 1