THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson's shoulder

Westside Steve

Watsons 1st half outside of a fluke pass sucked ass.    Slight improvement in the 2nd half...one nice pass to cooper.

Basically not good value.  His contract will cause us to lose cooper.

Edited because Dutch Oven is a weird fuckin spell checking stalker loser.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Watsons 1st half outside of a fluke pass sucked ass.    Slight improvement in the 2nd half...one nice pass to cooper.

Basically not good value.  His contract will cause us to loose cooper.

"Lose", idiot. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Basically not good value.  His contract will cause us to lose cooper.

Edited because Dutch Oven is a weird fuckin spell checking stalker loser.

I forget who said it's better to be lucky than good. Haslam is an idiot and overpaid for a mediocre player. That was bad luck. On the other side of the coin the pieces fell together like magic and we're boasting probably the best defense in the league. It's happened before and I've got no problem when I get Super Bowl in spite of the quarterback.

WSS

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MDDawg said:

Fan favorite Josh Dobbs had the NFL feel good story of the week. He usually gets one win per team but with more fanfare this week.

First player to have 3 TDs back to back games for 2 different teams.

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2023 at 5:04 AM, Westside Steve said:

Haslam is an idiot and

No argument.  But I don't know if Watson's played enough games in a row to know how good he is / isn't.  He strung a few together and then played well against Tenn....until needlessly going head first instead of sliding (which he did again against the Cards.  And so now this week he's playing the Ravens defense with both starting Tackles out...and one of them was the backup to the actual starter who went on IR some time ago.  He'll probably get hurt again.

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

No argument.  But I don't know if Watson's played enough games in a row to know how good he is / isn't.  He strung a few together and then played well against Tenn....until needlessly going head first instead of sliding (which he did again against the Cards.  And so now this week he's playing the Ravens defense with both starting Tackles out...and one of them was the backup to the actual starter who went on IR some time ago.  He'll probably get hurt again.

Of course it's possible. And when the Cleveland Browns win a Super Bowl and Watson goes into the Hall of Fame I will eat my words about Jimmy Haslam because he was the only guy in the league willing to give up that much. You think Watson would be in Cleveland if Atlanta New Orleans or Miami would have matched that offer? And just for the record having a good enough game once in awhile is it pretty poor return on that deal.

WSS

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

You think Watson would be in Cleveland if Atlanta New Orleans or Miami would have matched that offer?

Nope.  He hates the winter weather up north.  

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

At least Im not in the basement giving DW a hot rub down like you.

I root for the Browns, thus I want Watson to do well.

You still crank it out daily to photos of Baker Mayfield, and dream of a time you can snuggle up to him in the backseat of his SUV in a Cheesecake Factory parking lot and swallow every bit of his man-goo.

See the difference? Even someone who can't spell "lose" should be able to. 

And like I've said before, we can take this nonsense that no one else wants to read off this message board and meet in person to discuss it in-depth. I think we both know there isn't a chance in hell you'd ever have the balls to back up what  you say to me in real life, but the offer is still there, Peaches. 

• Haha 1

The Cleveland Browns released the following statement on QB Deshaun Watson:

Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson underwent surgery today to repair a displaced fracture to the glenoid in his right shoulder. The surgery was performed by Neal ElAttrache, MD, in Los Angeles and was deemed successful. The rehab process is scheduled to begin on Friday, and a full recovery is expected prior to the start of the 2024 season.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Orion said:

Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson underwent surgery today to repair a displaced fracture to the glenoid in his right shoulder.

just googled how this procedure might have been done...  Yikes.. that's got'a hurt worse than the hit's did..

Good luck, D-Wat !

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

just googled how this procedure might have been done...  Yikes.. that's got'a hurt worse than the hit's did..

Good luck, D-Wat !

I Googled the procedure on YouTube.   They may have repaired the break with arthroscopic surgery. Amazing what they can do these days.. But to be honest, I couldn't tell exactly what they were doing. Other than it looked like they were using industrial grade sutures from the back of the glenoid to sew the fracture back in place and stabilize it.  

6-12 week recovery period, and for an NFL quarterback I'd probably say on the high side . 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I Googled the procedure on YouTube.   They may have repaired the break with arthroscopic surgery. Amazing what they can do these days.. But to be honest, I couldn't tell exactly what they were doing. Other than it looked like they were using industrial grade sutures from the back of the glenoid to sew the fracture back in place and stabilize it.  

6-12 week recovery period, and for an NFL quarterback I'd probably say on the high side . 

6-12 weeks? Just in time for the Super Bowl 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

He'll be back for Xmas. "You know I always wanted to pretend to be an orthopedic surgeon"-paraphrasing George Costanza the marine biologist.🤣

Nearly 40 year old Aaron Rodgers thinks he'll play again this year after tearing his Achilles, so why not? 🤣

Here's a quick thought. If there's a fractured bone in the shoulder I didn't really see a hit in the last game that should have caused it. If I'm wrong, that's life.

If I'm not wrong that would mean that the orthopedic team has missed that ever since Watson went out in the first place.

The doctor's name isn't Haslam is it?

WSS