THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson's shoulder

Westside Steve

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yep- trade deadline has come and gone, and we're going with PJ and DTR as the backups. Nothing like your fall back plan in case of a Watson injury is a quarterback with a sub 50 qbr. And I officially declare Berry to be a doofus for not getting the Browns something better.  🙄

I think it just goes to show the souls are sold with #4- perhaps they thought bringing in a backup could be viewed as dissention among the ranks. 

On 10/29/2023 at 10:41 AM, gumby73 said:

From Team Medical Staff ... 😇 

Watson traveled, listed as OUT throwing shoulder.  

This is still our year Browns fans !

The Great 👻 of Gipper will arise from the Pumpkin patch, swinging his gavel over Browns fans heads quoting.

"This Browns team is still 4-2, 6th in the playoff hunt, but yet we still post Bitches, moans & groans daily" 🎃

This Team refuses to listen to the haters noise !

Hopkins for a game winner 23- 20.... in Sea-nag-land week 8

LET'S GO BROWNS ! 

If I had to guess what's going on in that cartoon pictured above - Charlie Brown just told Linus he better get ready to go to jail; because they just found out Sally got pregnant from that night in the pumpkin patch.  Waiting for Great Pumpkin with a buddy's little sister sounds like one of Ghoolie's old tricks...

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yep- trade deadline has come and gone, and we're going with PJ and DTR as the backups. Nothing like your fall back plan in case of a Watson injury is a quarterback with a sub 50 qbr. And I officially declare Berry to be a doofus for not getting the Browns something better.  🙄

I don't like quoting myself but now I'm REALLY pissed... Dobbs to the Vikes for a sack of seeds....Gotta save one of those 5th round picks Andy?   🤬

"According to CBS Sports NFL Insider Josina Anderson, the Vikings made a pick swap as compensation for the Dobbs trade. So, Minnesota gets Dobbs and a seventh-round pick while the Cardinals receive a sixth-rounder."

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I think it just goes to show the souls are sold with #4- perhaps they thought bringing in a backup could be viewed as dissention among the ranks. 

"It's a business"..... And should Watson go down with a season ending injury?  Berry will be joining McDaniels and Ziegler in the unemployed ranks....  

Well last I heard Nick Foles and Carson Wentz are still waiting by the phone for a call.  🙄

59 minutes ago, hoorta said:

"It's a business"..... And should Watson go down with a season ending injury?  Berry will be joining McDaniels and Ziegler in the unemployed ranks....  

Well last I heard Nick Foles and Carson Wentz are still waiting by the phone for a call.  🙄

So what is the holdup for Berry? Get the dick out of his ear and make the call before we lose to a very bad Cards team.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So what is the holdup for Berry? Get the dick out of his ear and make the call before we lose to a very bad Cards team.

Berry's ego is getting in the way possibly...

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

🙄

I still contend that for all intents and purposes, he already has. 

Oh he'll play again eventually, but I think his shoulder is mush for the rest of 2023. 

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I still contend that for all intents and purposes, he already has. 

Oh he'll play again eventually, but I think his shoulder is mush for the rest of 2023. 

I'll have to assume that Berry and the medical staff disagree with you. It would have been severe GM malpractice to not go after Jacoby if the opinion was- Watson is toast for the rest of the season.  

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll have to assume that Berry and the medical staff disagree with you. It would have been severe GM malpractice to not go after Jacoby if the opinion was- Watson is toast for the rest of the season.  

But the problem with rotator cuff injury/inflamation is that it flares up so easily on a regular basis until full recovery. That often takes months and is unpredictable for someone who has to use that shoulder daily to be good at that position. I'm with Dutch on this one. No MD worth his salt would try to guarantee enough recovery to compete at the NFL level for the remainder of the season. Sign one of the FAs available for insurance purposes or write off the best shot the Browns have had in years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But the problem with rotator cuff injury/inflamation is that it flares up so easily on a regular basis until full recovery. That often takes months and is unpredictable for someone who has to use that shoulder daily to be good at that position. I'm with Dutch on this one. No MD worth his salt would try to guarantee enough recovery to compete at the NFL level for the remainder of the season. Sign one of the FAs available for insurance purposes or write off the best shot the Browns have had in years.

Kevin is gonna ruin Deshaun just like he ruined Mayfield... Stef is a QB killer...

On 11/2/2023 at 7:27 AM, nickers said:

Kevin is gonna ruin Deshaun just like he ruined Mayfield... Stef is a QB killer...

you have been playing without your helmet again havnt you nickers. what have your mother and I have told you about that ? I swear it's like the national geographic magazine thing all over again

11 minutes ago, bbedward said:

It should definitely be a happy ending on Sunday. I’ll be going to this one actually.

I'm playing all 3 of my Browns players Cooper, Ford and Hunt plus the Browns defense in my FFL this week. I expect a blowout now with that report of DW.👍They are currently 10 point favorites. I'd give up that many if I were betting.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm playing all 3 of my Browns players Cooper, Ford and Hunt plus the Browns defense in my FFL this week. I expect a blowout now with that report of DW.👍They are currently 10 point favorites. I'd give up that many if I were betting.

I never bet on the Browns (to much stress) LOL I have Cooper and The D on my team also starting. Moore is on the bench and i cut Hunt or was he part of a trade ? I can't remember

1 hour ago, bbedward said:

It should definitely be a happy ending on Sunday. I’ll be going to this one actually.

Nice!  They should be able to win this one for you and all of us for that matter. Hopefully they do it looking good on both sides of the ball.  

On 11/2/2023 at 4:38 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

I had a partial tear in mine….wrestling injury.  When I gave it time to heal postseason (2 months no activity) I had a moments where it felt great…and then I’d throw something or put a milk jug in the fridge and it felt like a knife going in through the top of my shoulder.

any workout I did I had extra strength Tylenol…and it felt great…then felt awful after it wore off for a good six months.  One of the most frustrating injuries…but my pain threshold is high and the Tylenol masked the pain when I didn’t want to feel the pain. 

I don’t know if  he can suck it up this year…he may have to….jobs are on the line. 

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I had a partial tear in mine….wrestling injury.  When I gave it time to heal postseason (2 months no activity) I had a moments where it felt great…and then I’d throw something or put a milk jug in the fridge and it felt like a knife going in through the top of my shoulder.

any workout I did I had extra strength Tylenol…and felt great…then felt awful after it wore off for a good six months.  One of the most frustrating injuries…but my pain threshold is high and the Tylenol masked the pain when I didn’t want to feel the pain. 

I don’t know if  he can suck it up this year…he may have to….jobs are on the line. 

I get what you are saying, But is your body as well trained as well, a professional athlete ?

4 minutes ago, syd said:

I get what you are saying, But is your body as well trained as well a professional athlete ?

I’m not trying to be Al Bundy…at 43 hell no. 

This was 23 years ago as a collegiate wrestler

It is a pesky frustrating injury that requires rest…pain meds and a high tolerance for pain.  

2 minutes ago, syd said:

that is pretty damn cool

great sport. Weight cutting was little excessive for those that wanted that. 

It is football and wrestling or both growing up in Ohio.  Nowadays you get these dumb @ss HS football coaches that want potential wrestlers to weight train and skip wrestling. Stupid. 

6 hours ago, syd said:

you have been playing without your helmet again havnt you nickers. what have your mother and I have told you about that ? I swear it's like the national geographic magazine thing all over again

I see you broke into your dogs liquor cabinet again...

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

great sport. Weight cutting was little excessive for those that wanted that. 

It is football and wrestling or both growing up in Ohio.  Nowadays you get these dumb @ss HS football coaches that want potential wrestlers to weight train and skip wrestling. Stupid. 

same with our high school rugby players