THE BROWNS BOARD

Watson's shoulder

Westside Steve

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Yeah, Baker did play but was it a smart thing to do? Probably not.

I bet that with Baker part of his mentality was, I don't want the backup playing and winning games, then they might stay starting him.  Whereas I don't think that enters into Watson's thinking at all.  

• Upvote 1

https://reddit.com/r/Browns/s/kEjss1mtiM

idk man, the whole thing just reeks to me. Look, the rational person in me gets what some of you are trying to say. Skipping this game gives a guy a full two weeks to recover and God willing not miss another snap.

I also more strongly feel like it’s being indicated the team, staff, and teammates thought he was good enough to play and he willingly did not. That shit will absolutely kill a locker room if there’s truth to it, especially because he’s the highest paid player on the team.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think it was when he got a helmet to his shoulder on a designed-run down by the endzone. 

The video I posted looks a lot more violent and he was down on the field. Announcer said DTR was on the field after that hit. Sure looks like they were trying to hurt him with that shot. No way that's incidental.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

The video I posted looks a lot more violent and he was down on the field. Announcer said DTR was on the field after that hit. Sure looks like they were trying to hurt him with that shot. No way that's incidental.

I somewhat remember the run play and him coming up with his right arm kind of hanging there and him in discomfort...? 

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Did someone post this already? Is this where he got hurt?

Below is what is believed to have caused Watson's throwing shoulder injury.. (he gets rocked)

On 10/1/2023 at 11:50 AM, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Right at the end he takes a helmet to his throwing shoulder

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Orion said:

I'm too stupid to understand why the 230 million dollar QB is running it up the middle.

we were up 2 scores in the 3rd, if it makes anyone feel any better ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Orion said:

I'm too stupid to understand why the 230 million dollar QB is running it up the middle.

Because he is (or thinks he is) a foot-ball player, eh ?  Takin' the hits to gain that extra yard ?  

Evidently that makes no difference to him how much he is guaranteed to be paid by the Cleveland BROWNS.   Just sayin'.

8 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Because he is (or thinks he is) a foot-ball player, eh ?  Takin' the hits to gain that extra yard ?  

Well, because he did that, and got hurt, the football team has no chance of winning anymore until he can play again.

I can't blame Deshaun for that play. We were up 13-3 in the middle of the third quarter, so the game was by no means a blowout, and he picked up 10 yards but took a hit.

The real issue here is Kevin Stefanski. That was a designed QB draw. It's not really a play where your quarterback can slide, you're sending him right into traffic. Smart coaches don't put their quarterback in a position like that to get crushed. But Stefanski's a moron, so he does. 

22 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Skipping this game gives a guy a full two weeks to recover

I get it I really do, Watson not playing even though he was cleared medically. But it really is the smartest decision to sit out knowing you have a bye week. At the same time, the Browns should have a competent backup that can come in a play a game and still have your team in the mix. The Browns thought they had that in DTR but they didn't, he stunk. Is that really DTR's fault? Probably not. They didn't do themselves any favors by waiting until the last second to decide if Watson was ready to go or not. The o-line didn't give him a lot of help. The coaches didn't put him in the best possible situation to win. If we got a good performance out of DTR this is a non issue. And you damn well know there were people out there anyhow that wanted to see DTR and now they have. And hopefully it will be a while until we do again. He clearly wasn't ready.

I just rewatched the Tennessee game and I got myself to thinking, the roles really reversed from the Titans game to the Ravens game. DTR looked like Tannehill did in the previous game. Couldn't do anything without constant pressure. Almost like the Ravens used our gameplan against us.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure sooner or later there will be some kind of a leak that his teammates are pissed that he didn't strap it up.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-browns-teammates-frustrated-deshaun-132503373.html

Shit, too soon? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm sure sooner or later there will be some kind of a leak that his teammates are pissed that he didn't strap it up.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-browns-teammates-frustrated-deshaun-132503373.html

Shit, too soon? 

This extended version of the video shows nobody came to Watson's defense after that brutal hit. Which is enough evidence in my eyes the team didn't have his back before he decided to not to play in the Ravens game

18 minutes ago, BernieSuperBowl2 said:

Watson did not practice today and is day to day. DTR against the 49'ers defense....no thanks.

https://www.wkbn.com/sports/cleveland-browns/browns-quarterback-misses-first-practice-after-bye/

It seems like they didn't fully commit to DTR in the Baltimore game which I think hurt DTR. If they prep him properly I think he may stand a better chance but let's be real, neither one would stand a great chance against that defense.

On 10/4/2023 at 9:13 PM, gumby73 said:

we were up 2 scores in the 3rd, if it makes anyone feel any better ;)

Metcalf up the middle all over again! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, syd said:

so wtf he didn't practice today WTF

edit: it's raining and ihevnt smoked in 2 weeks so ya im fucking pissed off FUCK

Keep up the good work. I haven't smoked since I coughed all over the place with one or two cigs while drinking Venezuelan rum at age 17. My dad smoked from early teens until early 70's, but the damage was done. Died of a heart attack a few days short of 77.

23 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan1 said:

Even if he plays I can't see us winning this one

I know, totally agree. I'm fact, I'd rather him NOT play and just rest another week. You already know he's going to get killed against a great defense. Why risk further injury? Get healthy and come back for a run at the playoffs. It's the only way...I just can't see us winning this game, and honestly, it won't be close. Shanahan will have the best game plan in nfl history Sunday. He still hates us. 

After watching Brock Purdy and the niners demolish the Cowboys, Purdy started looking a bit like Joe Montana to me. He has that "it" and was really accurate.

The niners seem to have NO weaknesses to exploit. The Browns have one major one - the head coach.

It will still be quite a clash I think.