THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  🏈 The Official [ Browns 39 -at- Colts 38 ] Game 6 Thread  🏈   Oct. 22

Dutch Oven

1 minute ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Insane play call. Just insane

D'UH,  nice backward motion call......  now 4th quarter coming up next !

Our guys are so fucking stupid that they don't deserve it. They just don't I mean, you don't deserve to win a professional game when you can't pitch and catch the ball, can't stay onsides, can't stop the run, and can't complete a forward pass. The football gods gave us one last week, they really did, but this is shameful. If we win, that's great, but I don't expect it now. In fact, I can see us getting down and needing a TD and PJ throwing the absolute worst pass in nfl history for a pick 6.

I was optimistic earlier, but this is pathetic. 

Just now, Korsou Dawg said:

On 4th down? That's like going all-in with pocket 2's.

2 years ago the Pats hit us with the similar call on 4th down toss to, I want to say Damien Harris?  Went for 15 yards.   

Much like today, Browns defense then was weak up the middle and had to overcompensate by pinching the A gaps to limit anything short.   And much like the Patriots, we expected that today and ran the toss.  Only difference is, instead of Ford catching and getting the cheap 10... he fumbles the exchange. 

Harrison Bryant didn't see contact on the edge until 4 yards past the line.   It was there all day.  

19 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Punt/kick return TD?

We won't win without something crazy. If you think our offense is going to just march down the field, I got news for you. It's what makes that previous 4th down so painful. We got a first down and the 15 yarder and blew it. We might not cross midfield again. PJ also throws INT's like nobody else. 🥺

1 minute ago, The Cysko Kid said:

How we feeling about Deshaun Watson today?

His play and injury are costing this team big time. 

We have 30 points and a 1 point game with perhaps the worst QB play you will see all year. 

Defense needs to be accountable too. And a great gameplan by the Colts. 

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

2 years ago the Pats hit us with the similar call on 4th down toss to, I want to say Damien Harris?  Went for 15 yards.   

Much like today, Browns defense then was weak up the middle and had to overcompensate by pinching the A gaps to limit anything short.   And much like the Patriots, we expected that today and ran the toss.  Only difference is, instead of Ford catching and getting the cheap 10... he fumbles the exchange. 

Harrison Bryant didn't see contact on the edge until 4 yards past the line.   It was there all day.  

Still seems like a play that is difficult to pull off, and therefor extremely high risk in that situation.

On 4th down, I like Nick Chubb rushes, Jacoby Brissett sneaks and that Philly rugby scrum type play. Might be a matter of taste. 

I love how the announcers act like that interception was a huge backbreaker.

It was 3rd and 16, and they now have to start at their own 2. They would have been better off knocking it down and taking their chances on the punt.

Jesus, what a horrible announcer duo. 

You get the feeling that the back breaking 97 yard drive is forthcoming. Not sure what they can do against the run, but here it comes.