THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  🏈 The Official [ Browns 39 -at- Colts 38 ] Game 6 Thread  🏈   Oct. 22

Dutch Oven

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Stop calling it a 'miscommunication'.  We've established that's not physically possible unless Joe Woods is the DC.

Jokes aside, why is everyone so flat footed today man? Like why the hell is JOK not following Pittman- I understand it’s zone coverage but it’s like they don’t believe Minshew can actually make the plays. 

Just now, jiggins7919 said:

There's something wrong. 

Most defenses struggle against mobile QB's, especially when they're capable passers and you've honed in a great play calling script.    Colts haven't gone away from much of anything that they did with Richardson, it's just that Minshew is a better QB.

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Jokes aside, why is everyone so flat footed today man? Like why the hell is JOK not following Pittman- I understand it’s zone coverage but it’s like they don’t believe Minshew can actually make the plays. 

Spent so much time playing aggressive and playing man, mental clock isn't dialed in on the pass rush not allowing the throw beyond a certain point.  Then there's them losing their heads on passing off zone assignments.    

edit: And to be clear, Gardner is capable when he has a positive game script. Dude has won football games in the NFL.  And, yes, he IS better than Anthony Richardson.

• Upvote 1

With a backup QB, we couldn't have the defense do this. We need to run the clock out if we don't get points. Colts get ball in 2nd half. HAVE to at least flip field. 

Guys, we might not break 50 yards passing. I'm not kidding. There's only so many screens you can throw and I'm just struggling to see how we get air yards. I know he was under pressure, but Njoku was open. Like, OPEN open. 

Just now, jrb12711 said:

Yes jokes aside .....  and 38 points scored  in the first half.   A FG to cover the OVER  40½.

And the announcers did mention  AGAIN how the. BROWNS came in so red hot after last week's game.

Overconfident a bit ?

Just now, mjp28 said:

Yes jokes aside .....  and 38 points scored  in the first half.   A FG to cover the OVER  40½.

And the announcers did mention  AGAIN how the. BROWNS came in so red hot after last week's game.

Overconfident a bit ?

No one should have been overconfident This is the same team that beat the Ravens a week before they boat-raced us.

And that's not an interception either 

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Might have something to do with not playing in a complete down pour.

The Niners won a lot of reps last week, they just didn't connect.   They had CmC for two TD's that didn't get punched in.  The Browns defense played great, and has done so the entire year.  But they're not without flaws.

Just now, jiggins7919 said:

We're going to punt and get a turnover on their 2 minute drill. 

Absolut....ly !

Just now, Kvoethe said:

Colts must have Kevs running playbook.

Looked like something was there. Ford doesn't break ANY Tackles regularly, just none. Nor does he fall forward. It's OK...we need a GREAT punt here and defense can rally. Turnover time. 

Just now, nickers said:

And Jerome Ford has 0 power... He's only good in open space...

Exactly. Said same thing 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Seriously, has this announcing team been eating paint chips?

They should go for it with PJ Walker at QB and the Colts have all their timeouts?

Announcers are announcers, man.   I'm even disappointed in some of the former players.   Greg Olsen says some pretty dumb shit on occasion.