THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  🏈 The Official [ Browns 39 -at- Colts 38 ] Game 6 Thread  🏈   Oct. 22

Dutch Oven

Just now, bbedward said:

I absolutely hate ending up at 3rd and 10 after 2 incompletions especially when our run game has been good today. 

Especially with PJ. Now, to be fair, Colts are daring us to throw. Check out the middle of the field, it's freaking stacked with 48 defenders. I see what coach is doing, but we might need to try to run on first and second to get a 3rd and 5ish. 

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hell I think his shoulder is still toast, even if he doesn't have a concussion. 

I know. I'm really trying to be optimistic. Good news is there's no structural damage. That means it CAN heal. If not, bring in Brissett. 

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

9 man front on 1st down.   Was a great time to dial up a shot.     

2nd down was there and PJ literally walked into a DT. 

3rd down was a great screen design, but great recovery by the Colts DBs.

Sounds like the result of deciding not to rush.

Also sounds more like theory than practice. We have a 3rd string QB who struggles past his first look, and has a tendency to turn the ball over. Passing should be much lower on our list of options.

Dammit. This game feels like it's going to go down to the last damn second. Cmon Browns, get another defensive TD and give us a easy victory. That's OK, right? 😂

I don't know how many more points our offense has in them. Need defense. 

RPO quick pass otw. 

Just now, jiggins7919 said:

Dammit. This game feels like it's going to go down to the last damn second. Cmon Browns, get another defensive TD and give us a easy victory. That's OK, right? 😂

I don't know how many more points our offense has in them. Need defense. 

Punt/kick return TD?

3 minutes ago, Korsou Dawg said:

Sounds like the result of deciding not to rush.

Defenses are called by personnel grouping and play call forecast.  This where "analytics" come in.   

Meaning that front is called before the Browns are lining up.    If you're calling a 9 man front, you're expecting run.  

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Caught us with Obgo inside, our smaller bodies, and trying to pass rush. 

that's where we'd like to have Alex Wright's wingspan

We literally can't stop the run. Like, we're not close. No idea what they do. I hate to say boys...but it's the OFFENSE that has to win. We aren't CLOSE to stopping the run at ALL. Either offense scores a touchdown or we don't win. That drive was absolutely terrifying. 

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

New England still up on Buffalo?

Sure seems like the Bills window might be slowly closing. They might pull this one out, but they have a lot of injuries to deal with. 

Browns have injuries as well.

Bills are Allen to Diggs, or nothing. Yet they're 4-1.

It hurts not seeing a body like Ika ready to go and playing.   In our shift of fronts, we've caught Mo Hurst playing shade and he's getting out muscled in that spot.    As a result, when the Colts run weak (and away from Myles) they're getting chunk plays.    Having a 6'3, 340lb mammoth would go a long way to not letting the center and guard fold anyone.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Going for it... 

Back from lunch, mmm-mmmm.  What a game !   Amazing.