THE BROWNS BOARD

โ— Official ๐Ÿˆย  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE 12 -at- DEN 29 โ— What a letdown โ— Nov. 26. ย "L"

Dutch Oven

ย First two series, come out and test the waters against loaded box counts.ย  Isn't working out, have to deep dive into your most creative run calls that you likely wanted to save until later.ย  ย Gives the defense time to catch their breath and for the LB's to check the tablets.ย  They've been the problem(s) today so far.

Just now, Korsou Dawg said:

Flacco better be starting next week. DTR is actually looking worse than his first two outings!

He looks shell shocked and very nervous out there... Not what I expect from a team leader

10 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Whelp, this is over. We were due for a clinker, and here it is folks. This is going to be BAD today, folks. Our DEs aren't even TRYING to maintain their assignments...they're crashing to the RB. If Mark Sanchez sees it, the coaches see it. These penalties, the lack of assignment integrity, the throwing the ball....it's weird.ย 

Oh well, I can still enjoy my last day of vacation. This game is definitely not on the menu. The inevitable pick 6 is coming, and I don't need to see it.ย 

No doom & gloom needed.

7 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

jiggins is a wee bit high-strung during the game threadsย ๐Ÿ™‚

Hahahahaha. True, but I'm subdued today! A bit under the weather. Honestly, it's tough to win on west coast. We still can of course, but we were due for a clunker . Still, let's keep fighting and see what happens. Denver will give us another turnover or two.ย 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

ย 

You didn't expect a day 3 rookie, making his first NFL road start, to look wide-eyed at any point?

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I think he's got potential. I don't mind this kid at all.

• Upvote 1

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Sanchez "They need to hurry up and call a play"

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย "oh, it's 3rd down"

ย 

I see that in-game processing and situational awareness is still garbage. Eh, Mark?

Its kind of amazing that he had a year or two where people were really high on him, isn't it?

Just now, Korsou Dawg said:

And still the coaching staff fields him. I guess they are scholars too!

There is no better option right now.ย  Which is why Flacco is on the sideline picking PJ's brain.ย  They showed him asking what the calls were and PJ talking about routes.ย  ย Until there's a lot more homework done, Flacco also won't be ready for the test.ย  Vet or not.

ย 

ย 

And Ceddy finally showing what I said he was capable.ย  Thanks CT3.ย ย 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Its kind of amazing that he had a year or two where people were really high on him, isn't it?

ย 

There was? I don't remember that at all.ย  ย I remember Shonn Green and LT plus a loaded secondary carrying his corpse through the regular season until they ran into the Colts a couple times.

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

ย 

There was? I don't remember that at all.ย  ย I remember Shonn Green and LT plus a loaded secondary carrying his corpse through the regular season until they ran into the Colts a couple times.

Yeah, fairly early on he was actually getting decent reviews, as in "he's still raw but remember he had minimal college experience so he's got upside" reviews.

Then, he was not.ย