THE BROWNS BOARD

● Official 🏈  - NFL WEEK 12 - CLE 12 -at- DEN 29 ● What a letdown ● Nov. 26. Β "L"

Dutch Oven

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Ready to spit out that hook yet D Bone?🎣🀣

Not quite yet Ag, as I've seen this team play in the 2nd half!Β 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

There is no better option right now.Β  Which is why Flacco is on the sideline picking PJ's brain.Β  They showed him asking what the calls were and PJ talking about routes.Β  Β Until there's a lot more homework done, Flacco also won't be ready for the test.Β  Vet or not.

And Ceddy finally showing what I said he was capable.Β  Thanks CT3.Β Β 

I'm not disagreeing, but DTR has had two statistically terrible games, and he has actually manged to regress in his third outing.Β 

They better be getting Flacco ready, or the season is over!

• Upvote 1

Have to live with the good and bad with DTR. That 3rd down was an excellent example of youth and poor decision making. Obviously one of our guys ran the wrong route, but Cooper was open in the slot and it's probably a TD, or 4th and goal from inches away. Instead, DTR throws the lowest percentage pass in the NFL's red zone. Just a terrible read, but he'll learn.Β 

Now, Stefanski could've told him where to go, we don't know that, but I doubt it. I thought we could have tried to run it on 2nd or qb draw it with 2 TOs. DTR has done some decent things, and really it's his defense that let him down so far. But you can't win every game 13-10. There will be times you need to score 24+. I told my buddy we'd win if we scored over 27. I really felt our defense would get burnt against Russ.Β 

I'm still really disappointed in our execution on both sides of the ball. The penalties, dropping snaps, dropping the ball, and whatever else aren't going to win road games. We're extremely susceptible to read-option runs, and that won't stop until our DEs maintain their responsibilities.Β 

Can we win? Of course, but it's got a bad vibe to it. We forced a miracle fumble on one drive and also got a miracle offensive PI or else we're in deep kimche. I think we win if we get a special teams or defensive touchdown. It's going to take something like that to get us over the hump.Β 

On the plus side, DTR looks fine. Not perfect, but definitely not an abomination. Scoring in the red zone is always the final learning curve for young QBs. Hopefully he grows up fast because FG's will not win it today.Β 

6 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Have to live with the good and bad with DTR. That 3rd down was an excellent example of youth and poor decision making. Obviously one of our guys ran the wrong route, but Cooper was open in the slot and it's probably a TD, or 4th and goal from inches away. Instead, DTR throws the lowest percentage pass in the NFL's red zone. Just a terrible read, but he'll learn.Β 

Now, Stefanski could've told him where to go, we don't know that, but I doubt it. I thought we could have tried to run it on 2nd or qb draw it with 2 TOs. DTR has done some decent things, and really it's his defense that let him down so far. But you can't win every game 13-10. There will be times you need to score 24+. I told my buddy we'd win if we scored over 27. I really felt our defense would get burnt against Russ.Β 

I'm still really disappointed in our execution on both sides of the ball. The penalties, dropping snaps, dropping the ball, and whatever else aren't going to win road games. We're extremely susceptible to read-option runs, and that won't stop until our DEs maintain their responsibilities.Β 

Can we win? Of course, but it's got a bad vibe to it. We forced a miracle fumble on one drive and also got a miracle offensive PI or else we're in deep kimche. I think we win if we get a special teams or defensive touchdown. It's going to take something like that to get us over the hump.Β 

On the plus side, DTR looks fine. Not perfect, but definitely not an abomination. Scoring in the red zone is always the final learning curve for young QBs. Hopefully he grows up fast because FG's will not win it today.Β 

Lowest percentage pass, but also the safest in terms of turnover. So could be worseΒ 

Announcers are clowning us for not running it. Yeesh. Is it just me, or does Ford have iffy vision at times? Maybe I'm spoiled by Chubb.Β 

Edit: Ford displays excellent vision on that run. 😭

What's frustrating has been the lack of connection.Β  Some of the throws have absolutely been there.Β  But drops, some off timing and questionable ball placement have been the difference.Β 

Β 

Then we have to come back and run into a +1 on 2nd down, hoping to make it 3rd and manageable.Β  Β Rough living out here.

9 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Lowest percentage pass, but also the safest in terms of turnover. So could be worseΒ 

I thought of that, too. Makes sense.Β 

Now, stick it the freak in.Β