THE BROWNS BOARD

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

mjp28

★  Oh my wife just brought home a  *FOOD NETWORK  10 piece textured titanium cookware set.  It's a titanium infused nonstick with a diamond textured cooking surface.  Good for stovetop to oven and it's dishwasher safe on a Kohl's black Friday sale.  With all of the coupons and discounts reduced from $180 to about $65 out the door.  

It has all of the latest features like clear lids for all of the skillets, the pop up steam vents and more.   The good chef and bargain hunter.  Not bad for a retired nurse, huh !    :wub:

This is largely to replace a Farberware set we got about 41 years ago this month as a shower gift from her mother.   If you buy good stuff  it lasts !    And as you might guess we use our cookware. 

......  see edit.  🎄

20221030_150359.jpeg......

......   edit add, this is a selfie that my wife took this year for me to put up on her Facebook page.  

And she hasn't worked since 2017, officially retired in 2018 for you math wizards out there.  You  never  put a ladies age up online.  And yes that is her natural hair very similar to her mother's. hair color.      mjp.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

★  Oh my wife just brought home a 10 piece textured titanium cookware set.  It's a titanium infused nonstick with a diamond textured cooking surface.  Good for stovetop to oven and it's dishwasher safe on a Kohl's black Friday sale.  With all of the coupons and discounts reduced from $180 to about $65 out the door.  

It has all of the latest features like clear lids for all of the skillets, the pop up steam vents and more.   The good chef and bargain hunter.  Not bad for a retired nurse, huh !    :wub:

This is largely to replace a Farberware set we got about 41 years ago this month as a shower gift from her mother.   If you buy good stuff  it lasts !    And as you might guess we use our cookware. 

......  see edit.

......   edit add, this is a selfie that my wife took this year for me to put up on her Facebook page.  

And she hasn't worked since 2017, officially retired in 2018 for you math wizards out there.  You  never  put a ladies age up online.  And yes that is her natural hair very similar to her mother's. hair color.      mjp.

i have a glass stove top is it safe for that or would it scratch it 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, syd said:

i have a glass stove top is it safe for that or would it scratch it 

YES  this is the new good stuff and with her coupons and Kohl's cash from $179.99 to $65.00 a good black Friday deal.

And the details on her set. 

PRODUCT FEATURES

• Features a diamond-shaped textured surface along with 2-coats of nonstick for excellent browning, food release and cleanup.
  • ♥︎ Durable aluminum construction for fast and even heating; suitable for all (including glass, stated on box)  stove tops except induction.
  • Double-riveted stainless steel handles provide a strong and secure grip.
  • Silicone-rimmed tempered glass lids allow you to monitor your food during the cooking process.

WHAT'S INCLUDED

• 1.5-qt. sauce pan with lid
  • 3-qt. sauce pan with lid
  • 3-qt. saute pan with lid
  • 6-qt. Dutch oven with lid
  • 8-in. frypan
  • 10-in. frypan

PRODUCT CONSTRUCTION & CARE

• Aluminum
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Oven safe to 350°F
  • Manufacturer's 3-year limited warranty
  • For warranty information please click here

Screenshot_2022-11-04_212205.jpg

Edited by mjp28
  • Upvote 1

• mjp28 changed the title to • Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it's been one very busy. ....or just crazy....  AUG/SEP/OCT  for me headed into November 2022.  Well at least I've managed to stay out of the hospital since January 4th 2022  "dealing " with this ongoing hip infection (since fall of 2017)    But we're hanging in there basically avoiding a little vacation in the hospital with an IV, bad sports on TV and some OK but not exactly  ◆ GAMEDAY  ◆  food.    So why not our fall/winter  classic favorite. 

Time for a nice  • GAMEDAY  •   CHICKEN DINNER  recipe.   This one with a twist of oregano to out "go to" classic favorite.   Here it is ......    

And one of our absolute favorite  "go to"  dinners ROAST CHICKEN with VEGETABLES.    So easy to prepare and cook and makes the house smell so good on a cool fall or winter day.  Also a delightful "what's for dinner" break ..... and remember to check the notes below. 

Great before or after the big Sunday  • GAMEDAY •  or just any time you want a delicious homemade meal.

thumbnail?appid=YahooMailAndroidMobile&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

SERVES  6   • CHILL TIME  8 HOURS   • COOK TIME  1  HOUR.  

When you're not sure what to make for dinner, it's always best to go with a tried-and-true classic. Our recipe for Roasted Chicken with vegetables is a family favorite that never disappoints. Moist roasted chicken and flavorful veggies make this a winning dish, any day of the week. 

NOTE:   This is just  another variation of our traditional  onions, carrots,  potatoes chicken dinner only with an oregano flavor twist !  🙂

◆     What You'll Need  
  • 1/3 cup olive oil     
  •   1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 (3-1/2- to 4-pound) whole chicken
  • 2 carrots, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
  • 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
  • 1 onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup chicken broth

◆     What to Do

1. In a small bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.

2. Remove giblets from chicken; reserve for another use. Place chicken in a shallow dish; pour oil mixture over chicken. Cover and chill 8 hours.

3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding excess marinade. Fold wings under; tie legs together with string, if desired. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Arrange carrots, celery, and onion around chicken; add chicken broth to pan.

4. Bake 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted in meaty part of chicken thigh registers 180 degrees F.

◆    Notes 

• You can cook the chicken in a slow cooker, although it won't brown like it does when oven roasted. Remove the giblets, and reserve for another use. Cut chicken in half, and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty side up, over vegetable mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into meaty party of thigh registers 180 degrees F.

• If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More.

Roasted-Chicken-with-Vegetables_ArticleImage-CategoryPage_ID-1095147.jpg

• Upvote 1

Any good Thanksgiving Dinner stories out there ?

My wife was super busy yesterday making all of the many sides for our Friday Thanksgiving meal.  My brother coming over Saturday and Sunday from Cleveland.   🏈

The bird is in the oven eat about 5 pm today.....but some early snackin'.   Happy Thanksgiving Weekend  everyone .   :D

• 2 weeks later...

OK  back to some good  ▪︎ GAMEDAY  ▪︎ get-together or tailgating  food,  and this is an old favorite. 

Here is a close recipe to one I put up years back .... and a winner that I got good replies on my  ▪︎HALFTIME BACON CHEESE DIP ▪︎ a delicious favorite.   Great for your next  ▪︎ GAMEDAY ▪︎ or any get-together with the gang.  And also remember to check out all of the serving suggestions and extra recipes below.

SERVES  12    COOK TIME  45  MINUTES     

Ready to win big at the game day party? This recipe will always be a big win: our Halftime Bacon Cheese Dip is ooey-gooey, and bacon-studded making it the ultimate football cheese dip.  Everyone on game day will be clamoring for more as these delicious flavors score a taste bud touchdown. 

◇    What You'll Need

• 1 (1-pound) oval loaf Italian or sourdough bread, unsliced
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup crumbled crispy cooked bacon
  • 3 scallions, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons beer
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder

◇    What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the top off the bread about 1/3 of the way down and set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1-inch of bread around edges. Cut top of the bread and the bread that you removed into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into bread loaf, then loosely wrap the bread loaf in aluminum foil.
  3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot in center. Serve with cut-up bread pieces.

◇    Serving Suggestion!

◇    If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

◆    Up Next:

Half-Time-Bacon-Cheese-Dip-_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-3215750.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The Ghoolie Burger.

* I Make 1/3 pound patties w ground Prime New York Strip

* Mixed in with 5 pounds of is 1/2 pound of 3/4-done, chopped bacon, and 1/2 pound of  chopped caramelized pralines 

* I make a very light coleslaw seasoned with a hint of my own wine vinegar/sourgum molassus dressing

* I grill the burgers 4 minutes a side at 475

* The burgers then go into a 500 degree iron skillet and are basted with a butter/garlic/onion baste for 30 seconds per side. It gives the burger a badass crunch, holds it together when you eat it, and of course tastes heavenly.

* On a brioche bun butter toasted only on the bottom inside slice, I put a bed of the slaw, then a firm thin layer of a buttery, well scrambled and peppered egg white, then the burger.

On top of the burger go mustard and a special, mildly hot habanaro catchup I make.  The last things are thin sweet-hot pickle slices, thin crisp onion straws, and then the top of the bun goes on.

The brazed outside of the burger keeps most of the juice in the burger and the bun stays pretty dry, considering all the other ingredients.

I generally hand cut fries w Idaho potatoes, skins intact, then deep fry them in peanut oil for the classic board walk fries with the suggestion of lots of salt and apple cider vinegar.

I also make deep fried bell pepper snacks that are tiny "pepper sandwiches w bacon, provolone, spaghetti sauce, all encased in a beer batter made with a little bit of maple syrup, brown sugar and a hint of crushed red peppers to wake you up before my burger.

The best part of the burger, is making them for guests.

There ya go.    OK,  you're in,  now you guys can  try  The Ghoolie Burger  for yourself.

• Thanks 3

This Ghoolie Burger looks like a serious grilled burger !   Especially the choice of meat and the extra 30 second 500° grlling in your special baste for that extra *crunch*.   Worth a good GAMEDAY meal !   

On 12/8/2022 at 12:41 AM, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

The Ghoolie Burger.

* I Make 1/3 pound patties w ground Prime New York Strip

* Mixed in with 5 pounds of is 1/2 pound of 3/4-done, chopped bacon, and 1/2 pound of  chopped caramelized pralines 

* I make a very light coleslaw seasoned with a hint of my own wine vinegar/sourgum molassus dressing

* I grill the burgers 4 minutes a side at 475

* The burgers then go into a 500 degree iron skillet and are basted with a butter/garlic/onion baste for 30 seconds per side. It gives the burger a badass crunch, holds it together when you eat it, and of course tastes heavenly.

* On a brioche bun butter toasted only on the bottom inside slice, I put a bed of the slaw, then a firm thin layer of a buttery, well scrambled and peppered egg white, then the burger.

On top of the burger go mustard and a special, mildly hot habanaro catchup I make.  The last things are thin sweet-hot pickle slices, thin crisp onion straws, and then the top of the bun goes on.

The brazed outside of the burger keeps most of the juice in the burger and the bun stays pretty dry, considering all the other ingredients.

I generally hand cut fries w Idaho potatoes, skins intact, then deep fry them in peanut oil for the classic board walk fries with the suggestion of lots of salt and apple cider vinegar.

I also make deep fried bell pepper snacks that are tiny "pepper sandwiches w bacon, provolone, spaghetti sauce, all encased in a beer batter made with a little bit of maple syrup, brown sugar and a hint of crushed red peppers to wake you up before my burger.

The best part of the burger, is making them for guests.

There ya go.    OK,  you're in,  now you guys can  try  The Ghoolie Burger  for yourself.

Sounds great except I can't do hot and spicy ... I get serious heartburn...

On 12/5/2022 at 5:20 PM, mjp28 said:

OK  back to some good  ▪︎ GAMEDAY  ▪︎ get-together or tailgating  food,  and this is an old favorite. 

Here is a close recipe to one I put up years back .... and a winner that I got good replies on my  ▪︎HALFTIME BACON CHEESE DIP ▪︎ a delicious favorite.   Great for your next  ▪︎ GAMEDAY ▪︎ or any get-together with the gang.  And also remember to check out all of the serving suggestions and extra recipes below.

SERVES  12    COOK TIME  45  MINUTES     

Ready to win big at the game day party? This recipe will always be a big win: our Halftime Bacon Cheese Dip is ooey-gooey, and bacon-studded making it the ultimate football cheese dip.  Everyone on game day will be clamoring for more as these delicious flavors score a taste bud touchdown. 

◇    What You'll Need

• 1 (1-pound) oval loaf Italian or sourdough bread, unsliced
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
  • 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup crumbled crispy cooked bacon
  • 3 scallions, sliced
  • 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tablespoons beer
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder

◇    What to Do

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the top off the bread about 1/3 of the way down and set top aside. Hollow out inside, leaving about 1-inch of bread around edges. Cut top of the bread and the bread that you removed into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into bread loaf, then loosely wrap the bread loaf in aluminum foil.
  3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot in center. Serve with cut-up bread pieces.

◇    Serving Suggestion!

◇    If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!

◆    Up Next:

Half-Time-Bacon-Cheese-Dip-_Category-CategoryPageDefault_ID-3215750.jpg

I was just thinking about you.  My wife said what kind of snacks do you want to have on Christmas Eve.  This looks perfect.  Thank you!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

I was just thinking about you.  My wife said what kind of snacks do you want to have on Christmas Eve.  This looks perfect.  Thank you!

I've got a few really good replies on a recipe almost like this I had up years ago here.  I believe our friend syd up in the  NW liked it and a few others. 

It's a pretty easy recipe to put together especially if you like cheese, cheese and cheese.   We also like it !   🎄   :D

1 hour ago, Ghoolie Always Ghoolie said:

If she decides to make them, let me.l know and I will send you my slaw recipe

This is the place to share  • GAMEDAY •  and other recipes and ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinkin a fine ham, and scalloped potatoes, etc etc for Christmas dinner.

btw, .... a few months ago, I used some slices of ciabatta bread, lightly toasted them, buttered them, and sprinkled them with garlic salt, and they were excellent with lasagna, spaghetti, stuffed shells.....

and I still have several jars of my homemade blackberry jam. That is a must for a lot of ham, turkey, beef or pork meals.

3 minutes ago, syd said:

damn that sounds good

it is. I picked 11.5 lbs of mostly all wild blackberries, and made a lot of jars. Our friends raved about it. You have homemade blackberry jam with a good pot roast, etc.... with perfect rolls - yep.

btw, we buy Rhodes Rolls sp? at the store - they turn out perfect every time. Much easier. And my pumpkin pies - I use Libby's pumpkin, follow the recipe, but add at least an eighth of a tsp of spices (except ginger), and I add 1/4 cup of sugar - much better a pumpkin pie.

10 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it is. I picked 11.5 lbs of mostly all wild blackberries, and made a lot of jars. Our friends raved about it. You have homemade blackberry jam with a good pot roast, etc.... with perfect rolls - yep.

btw, we buy Rhodes Rolls sp? at the store - they turn out perfect every time. Much easier. And my pumpkin pies - I use Libby's pumpkin, follow the recipe, but add at least an eighth of a tsp of spices (except ginger), and I add 1/4 cup of sugar - much better a pumpkin pie.

oh ya we always use libbys  

we are having a ribeye roast for christmas dinner im off work till next year so i am going to try my hand at baking cookies who knows how they will turn out Lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/19/2022 at 11:49 AM, Kvoethe said:

Just leaving Wedgewood!!!  I had to get a pie after the photoshoot earlier.  Was as good as I remember.

Wedgewood will do that to you !   Glad that you enjoyed it. 

19 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Wedgewood will do that to you !   Glad that you enjoyed it. 

I notice all the workers were adults.  No slack jawed teenagers that cant count lol.  It was excellent!!

• Like 1

Any special Christmas   🎄   meals this weekend  ?     And .......  (see next page)

•~•   ♥︎   •~•

▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎  Have a  🎄  Merry Christmas  everyone  🎄   ▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎~▪︎

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Any special Christmas   🎄   meals this weekend  ?   

Tomorrow   we're having our Christmas ham and my wife's scalloped potatoes and all of the other fixes.   Ummm-ummm  !  

that is what we are having ! with cornbread and pepperoni rolls.

• Like 1

were cooking a ribeye roast and someone is bringing over a turkey and all other types of food 

for christmas eve we have been driving down the hill for years to get chinese but the roads are still kinda dicey so it sounds like black russians for dinner

• Like 1