THE BROWNS BOARD

Jonathan Paul Manziel

Adoug319

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So whats your point dumb ass? Just another stupid topic.

the point is 10,000 so called fans were predicting when he would land on IR after the draft and I am curious as to who had less than 3, you must have had the over and are a sore LOSER

I don't think he faked the injury completely, but I do think he played it for all it was worth. All he could say was it was "tweaked" and cramping. Then he was immediately ruled out for this week but after the hit Hoyer took he is still day to day?

He absolutely is trying to hit the reset button rather than being further embarrassed and damaging his brand. I really wish the ties would be cut on him now. Don't waste another year hoping he does the right things. I've been forgiving of some pretty bad QB's in years past (even though he had the worst debut of any before him) just trying to hang on to some semblance of consistency, but we already took a big boom/bust risk in drafting him. I don't see how he earned another chance to take that risk on him again.

I don't think he faked the injury completely, but I do think he played it for all it was worth. All he could say was it was "tweaked" and cramping. Then he was immediately ruled out for this week but after the hit Hoyer took he is still day to day?

He absolutely is trying to hit the reset button rather than being further embarrassed and damaging his brand. I really wish the ties would be cut on him now. Don't waste another year hoping he does the right things. I've been forgiving of some pretty bad QB's in years past (even though he had the worst debut of any before him) just trying to hang on to some semblance of consistency, but we already took a big boom/bust risk in drafting him. I don't see how he earned another chance to take that risk on him again.

If Pettine believed that he would request an MRI and if it did not show the injury was real JM would be given his walking papers. No player is that stupid.

If Pettine believed that he would request an MRI and if it did not show the injury was real JM would be given his walking papers. No player is that stupid.

I don't think JFF is stupid at all. I think he's as slick as they come. He was aware the three game sample size was being bandied about as enough and knew he wasn't cutting it. What better way to stop the bleeding than get injured and ruled out for the rest of the season? I think Pettine realized he made a mistake naming Johnny the starter and didn't want to put him back in anyway. This way he could pull him as the starter without controversy.

Very little game tape + late season injury = judge me next pre-season. Dude bought some time. He's got an off-season to prepare. Step it up, fuckface.

sorry man, i just have a bad feeling about this dude...i just don't think he has the athleticism to be a great qb...he definetly is not a russell wilson type...don't see it at all...not even close....never should have drafted this guy....but of course, these are the cleeeeeevlin browns and it is to be expected..

Very hard to fool a real MD about a hamstring injury. Range of motion to be exactly the same before inducing pain would have to be well practiced by the injured party. JF's history shows he goes back in with injuries (throwing thumb prior to LSU game), knee brace added at halftime against Mo. Plus MRI will verify the injury.

For the record- knowing his competitive nature- I doubt Manziel was faking it.

What's the prognosis? Is he faking or the coaches keeping him bottled up for a possible trade?

See below.

Again, like people keep telling you: HE HAS ZERO TRADE VALUE.

Exactly Unless Farmer has the power to hypnotize people over the phone.

I had to look this up- first start as a Browns qb. 22\54 passing 167 yards, 0 TDs, 1 int. Rating 41.2

10\18 passing 80 yards, 0 TDs, 2 int Rating 27.2

In case you're wondering the first is Spergon Wynn, I think you can guess who the second guy is. :)

the point is 10,000 so called fans were predicting when he would land on IR after the draft and I am curious as to who had less than 3, you must have had the over and are a sore LOSER

I think the consensus on the over\under was 5 games. :)

I don't know if I buy all the competitive, great leader stuff about him anymore. Even though I've never bought all his hype, I did at least believe that about him, but not so much anymore. I believe he will play loose with the ball in a game to make a play because it's his style, but a leader with a competitive nature wouldn't have wasted a season not giving it everything he had to win the starting gig in the first place. I stand by my opinion that he quit in the Carolina game.

I don't think JFF is stupid at all. I think he's as slick as they come. He was aware the three game sample size was being bandied about as enough and knew he wasn't cutting it. What better way to stop the bleeding than get injured and ruled out for the rest of the season? I think Pettine realized he made a mistake naming Johnny the starter and didn't want to put him back in anyway. This way he could pull him as the starter without controversy.

Ummm....unreasonable fans in a forum talking about a 3 game sample being enough don't mean crap to manziel.

It's too late. He still doesn't get it.

The NFL isn't about working harder. You either got it or not.

Signing off,

Tim Tebow

If Pettine & FO believed that he did not have "it" they would be playing off Jerry Jones as we speak to make a deal for a 3rd rounder. Jerry would take him in a heartbeat. So what is it the Browns in charge know that the Browns Board posters do not? Let's hear a legitimate answer please, not just more emotional "I never thought he'd be any good" crap. It does not matter what any of us thinks, it matters what the Browns in charge think.

Ummm....unreasonable fans in a forum talking about a 3 game sample being enough don't mean crap to manziel.

You loved dragging out this card, didn't you? But now it's played out. Time for some new material.

If Pettine & FO believed that he did not have "it" they would be playing off Jerry Jones as we speak to make a deal for a 3rd rounder. Jerry would take him in a heartbeat. So what is it the Browns in charge know that the Browns Board posters do not? Let's hear a legitimate answer please, not just more emotional "I never thought he'd be any good" crap. It does not matter what any of us thinks, it matters what the Browns in charge think.

Interesting contrast...

Browns Board posters knowledge level on all things Manziel... zero.

Some old Ag's knowledge of Jerry Jones' mind... infinite.

What is your evidence that Jerrah would part with a third and his son would bless such a deal?

If you get invited to his next high tea why don't you tell him yourself? :P

Go back to Texas and stay there.. With the rest of the Manziel fags...

What is your evidence that Jerrah would part with a third and his son would bless such a deal?

They have had to put a bit in his mouth for some time now because they know how much he wanted him. If you don't think he would overrule them all for a 3rd rounder, then you haven't watched him operate for the last 20 years. At some point he just has enough "advice" and does what he wants.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24751226/jerry-jones-ive-been-instructed-not-to-mention-johnny-manziel-anymore

And this is what prompted that article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000387284/article/jerry-jones-damn-mad-about-missing-johnny-manziel

Here is something out of the article to take note of. The Browns should focus on the offensive line, not the quarterback. Improve the line for Hoyer and I guarantee you will see good results.

"But the real story isn't that the people around Jones talked him out of Manziel, it's that they're responsible for protecting their current investment, Romo, by surrounding him by offensive linemen taking in the first round in three of the last four drafts (in addition to Martin, Dallas took left tackle Tyron Smith in 2011 and center Travis Frederick in 2013)."

Archived